Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber (6540 Views)

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / Jimi Agbaje Declares For Lagos Guber Race, To Contest Under PDP [PHOTO] / Jimi Agbaje Declares For Lagos Gubernatorial Race, To Contest Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by pomporiking: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: Funny thing is, Agbaje may just lose the respect free minded Nigerians have for him if he rans on pdp platform....I repeat pdp is dead in Lagos.

If he joins labour party I will surely consider giving him my vote. the man is sound....but then we all know pdp.... sound minds don't go far in pdp as such this is no news. Agbaje will have a better chance to win on LP.

Niccur its about the candidate not the party this days.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Maxymilliano(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jkay is Okay !

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jimi Agbaje on PDPs platform has the relative credibility to gv APC a good fight. However, let's analyse other determinants in Next Year's election:

1. The PDP Brand itself
2. Chief Olabode George
3. Senator Musliu Olajide Obanikoro
4. The PDP delegates to the Primaries.

Agbaje has 3 hurculean task in front of him to clinch the PDP's ticket.

1. Olabode George calls the shot in Lagos Politics. He controls the structure of the Party. Jimi needs his "anointing" to fly the flag. Without his anointing, Jimi will lose the party's ticket. If the PDP National office force Jimi on the party, George will repeat what he did to Koro in 2007. Sadly, an alliance with George wl mean working in tandem with corruption.

2. Senator Obanikoro is not a fan of Agbaje. Koro also have a eye on 2015. With Koro in the race, Agbaje's hope is bleeped. Because it is the delegates that decide who fly the flag. Koro has a base in Lagos PDP.

3. The delegates comes in. To upstage George, Jimi needs to take over the structure of the party. He needs to throw money around to match George and Koro. Otherwise, he'll be flogged mercilessly in the primaries.

Agbaje's best bet for 2015 is Labour Party...

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by saints2(f): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
Even though I never liked PDP, but I don't mind voting for PDP if Jimi Agbaje is their flag bearer, guy is damn good. PDP should get this right or never.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by NewNigeriaMind: 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
chukwudi44:

Jimi will win under PDP's platform.You can be sure of that.His candidature ia s TKO to the APC in Lagos state

Stop having wet dreams..........we are done with pdp in lagos dumb ass.

I am a big fan of Agbaje and was heart broken he was sidelined in AC then....... if he contest on LP he might just win. But pdp is not the platform he needs.

We are voting people but the party now matters cause pdp has demonstated they can make a tout out of a learned fellow...take Omisore for instance.

Why am I even talking to you... you are not Yoruba.

pls say whatever makes you sleep at night
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by NewNigeriaMind: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Jimi Agbaje on PDPs platform has the relative credibility to gv APC a good fight. However, let's analyse other determinants in Next Year's election:

1. The PDP Brand itself
2. Chief Olabode George
3. Senator Musliu Olajide Obanikoro
4. The PDP delegates to the Primaries.

Agbaje has 3 hurculean task in front of him to clinch the PDP's ticket.

1. Olabode George calls the shot in Lagos Politics. He controls the structure of the Party. Jimi needs his "anointing" to fly the flag. Without his anointing, Jimi will lose the party's ticket. If the PDP National office force Jimi on the party, George will repeat what he did to Koro in 2007. Sadly, an alliance with George wl mean working in tandem with corruption.

2. Senator Obanikoro is not a fan of Agbaje. Koro also have a eye on 2015. With Koro in the race, Agbaje's hope is bleeped. Because it is the delegates that decide who fly the flag. Koro has a base in Lagos PDP.

3. The delegates comes in. To upstage George, Jimi needs to take over the structure of the party. He needs to throw money around to match George and Koro. Otherwise, he'll be flogged mercilessly in the primaries.

Agbaje's best bet for 2015 is Labour Party...

Well said.... I like Agbaje and he is someone in the class of Fashola.

But the question is will the pdp let him flourish. The fact that he is sound and smart makes him unfit for pdp. he has a better chance in LP.

In fact I know quite a number of people who will fund his campaign if he decides to ran...
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by NewNigeriaMind: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
pomporiking:

Niccur its about the candidate not the party this days.

Naaaa is about the party......

In this part of the woods, we are thinking along party and antecedents....

In fact, good for pdp is they can make him stay.....but we all know pdp...
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

But the question is will the pdp let him flourish. The fact that he is sound and smart makes him unfit for pdp. he has a better chance in LP.

In fact I know quite a number of people who will fund his campaign if he decides to ran...
I like Jimi too. I expected him to run in 2011. He wl face a lot in PDP. Bode George is one man that wl want to foist his loyalist using his might. Jimi should consider LP seriously
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by abacus(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
PenSniper:

Its not about PDP, its about Jimi Agbaje.
Finally, The EAGLE has landed to take Lagos State from 1-man show to the highest peak of progress.

Nothing good can from PDP..

The day Jimi declare for PDP, no more respect for that fake man..

If Jimi believes he's really popular and man of the people, let him vie under Labour party or Accord..

Until then sha!!
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Isiterere(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
FreeGlobe: is he a christian. The next lagos governor must be christian and from pdp.

With this kind of comment again in 2014; I give up on Nigeria .

Is President Goodluck Jonathan a true Christian and Godly or just Christian by name ?
Is Governor Babatunde Fashola a true Muslim and Godly or Muslim by name ?
This and other related questions can be asked of all our political office holders . They are not true to their religious tenent; they are only good in dividing us accross religion line just for their selfish gain .
Our democracy should devoid of any sentiments .

ALL Izz WELL

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Xfactoria: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: I like Jimi too. I expected him to run in 2011. He wl face a lot in PDP. Bode George is one man that wl want to foist his loyalist using his might. Jimi should consider LP seriously

How are you sure it is not Bode George that went to woe him to PDP?

Jimi Agbaje is not a daunce. He would have had some assurances before he took this step.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Stop having wet dreams..........we are done with pdp in lagos dumb ass.

I am a big fan of Agbaje and was heart broken he was sidelined in AC then....... if he contest on LP he might just win. But pdp is not the platform he needs.

We are voting people but the party now matters cause pdp has demonstated they can make a tout out of a learned fellow...take Omisore for instance.

Why am I even talking to you... you are not Yoruba.

pls say whatever makes you sleep at night

Bros abeg speak for yourself and leave the "WE" talk.The same thing you peeps said in Ekiti and yet could not even win a single local government!! I stay in lagos and would vote for Agbaje under the PDP

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Xfactoria:

How are you sure it is not Bode George that went to woe him to PDP?

Jimi Agbaje is not a daunce. He would have had some assurances before he took this step.
Mr man, I know the personalities and Characters of both men. Jimi is ego-centric like George. Jimi left AC because he doesn't see himself as a "boy" to anybody. George want his followers to be "loyal" 2 him. In 2007, George preferred "Hilda Williams" to Koro and Ogunlewe. In 2011, George's boys preferred an unpopular Ade Dosunmu. Someone of Jimi's Character and integrity will most likely be relunctant to be "loyal" to George. The problem of Lagos PDP is not Tinubu nor APC, it is always internal with George at the center.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by ola6: 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Mr man, I know the personalities and Characters of both men. Jimi is ego-centric like George. Jimi left AC because he doesn't see himself as a "boy" to anybody. George want his followers to be "loyal" 2 him. In 2007, George preferred "Hilda Williams" to Koro and Ogunlewe. In 2011, George's boys preferred an unpopular Ade Dosunmu. Someone of Jimi's Character and integrity will most likely be relunctant to be "loyal" to George. The problem of Lagos PDP is not Tinubu nor APC, it is always internal with George at the center.

You understand Lagos wella. Bode thinks he can impose Jimi on Lagosians? Lol.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
abacus:

If Jimi believes he's really popular and man of the people, let him vie under Labour party or Accord..

Until then sha!!
Jimi is relatively popular...

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Don't you think the way out is to encourage more smart people to join PDP Lagos from now and POPULATE the party so the touts gradually become the minority

BTW. Labour Party (like Accord Party) is a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for those who have personal clout and their own network but have no space in the TWO MAIN parties (for now) i.e. PDP and APC.
There is name recognition also in politics as there is in marketing/sales.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
ola6:

You understand Lagos wella. Bode thinks he can impose Jimi on Lagosians? Lol.
jimi is not someone George can control. He will most likely lose out in the primaries. Most of Jimi's supporters are the intellectuals and sadly majority of them does not have a say in party politics.
When Jimi flew the DPA's flag in 2007, it was the intellectuals that rooted for him to come 3rd in that election behind brf and koro of AC and pdp respectively
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
anonimi:

Don't you think the way out is to encourage more smart people to join PDP Lagos from now and POPULATE the party so the touts gradually become the minority

BTW. Labour Party (like Accord Party) is a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for those who have personal clout and their own network but have no space in the TWO MAIN parties (for now) i.e. PDP and APC.
There is name recognition also in politics as there is in marketing/sales.
the PDP brand in Lagos has a very battered image. That's the point!
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: jimi is not someone George can control. He will most likely lose out in the primaries. Most of Jimi's supporters are the intellectuals and sadly majority of them does not have a say in party politics.
When Jimi flew the DPA's flag in 2007, it was the intellectuals that rooted for him to come 3rd in that election behind brf and koro of AC and pdp respectively

That shows you the intellectuals can make an impact.
Imagine what that impact would be IF they mobilise more of their likes to join PDP and even APC.
Don't you think the space for thugs & touts will shrink significantly

The problem is the intellectuals feel too big & comfy instead of reaching out EARLY from before now. to mobilise people especially youths in the universities, polytechnics etc to also reach out to their folks like in network marketing.
It is not impossible to attain BUT he must take care of his personal security FIRST to avoid Funsho Williams mishap because the current occupants of Alausa House won't give up easily as they have too much dirt to cover shocked

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by PenSniper: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
abacus:

Until then sha!!

My bro, i've never been a fan of PDP but to me, anything is better than APC. Besides, with due respect to your religious sensibilities, the general notion then was that nothing good could ever come out of Nazarete, but behold, it produced the Redeemer. Again, dont you think that using Labour or Accord will be playing into the hands of APC by stretching the votes against them instead of channeling it in one direction ? Jimi Agbaje is a genuine progressive and democrat. Sometimes you have to stoop to conquer.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by crusader01(m): 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nothing good can come out of PDP and APC. I can't be deceived to vote for anybody under any of them.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by RisMas(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
FreeGlobe: is he a christian. The next lagos governor must be christian and from pdp.
Even if he is as Clueless as GEJ abi? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: the PDP brand in Lagos has a very battered image. That's the point!

I fully understand that and it is not only in Lagos but the whole south west as the ACN/APC well-oiled PROPAGANDA machine has been very effective in painting PDP as the devil itself.
However OUR people are not so stupid as we, the intellectual/elite, like to think.

Did they not vote Koro's son in Thief'nubu Ikoyi/Obalende LGA
Was PDP not victorious in Badagry LGA before LASIEC announced another result
In the same Lagos oh shocked

Did PDP with Fayose not win in Ekiti?
Does Omisore, despite his tainted reputation, not stand a good chance of winning in Osun state?

APC is not that invincible after all.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by oldenglish: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
Who is Jimi Agbaje? Is he from hinterland but want to claim no mans land?

Those APC guys asking him to go and contest from Labour Party are the same people that will always say Labour Party is PDP. So what gives if it's labour?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by specco(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
FRONT PAGE PLEASE. I like that guy(Jimi Agbaje). He should please try again. WINNERS DON'T QUIT AND QUITTERS DON'T WIN. Remember Abraham Lincoln.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
PenSniper:

My bro, i've never been a fan of PDP but to me, anything is better than APC. Besides, with due respect to your religious sensibilities, the general notion then was that nothing good could ever come out of Nazarete, but behold, it produced the Redeemer. Again, dont you think that using Labour or Accord will be playing into the hands of APC by stretching the votes against them instead of channeling it in one direction ? Jimi Agbaje is a genuine progressive and democrat. Sometimes you have to stoop to conquer.

There is NO such thing/person as a "GENUINE progressive and democrat" anymore in the lould of Awo and his UPN governors plus other followers of their four cardinal programmes focused on uplifting the masses in a SUSTAINABLE manner rather than steal our money as is the current practice.

Gbenga Daniel had similar credentials in 2003 but AD would not give him a ticket in favour of Osoba whom Ogun state people wanted out for his crass corruption and clueless administration. Quite a few Ogun elites/intellectuals actually raised funds for Daniel to add to his war chest in winning Osoba. Let us not forget that AD was not under Thief'nubu's one man show control then.
While Daniel did well in his first term like Fashola his second term was a disaster just like Fashola's.

This is largely due to the absence of OUR constant & continuous VIGILANCE through well established and strong INSTITUTIONS such as the legislature & LGAs having significant number of opposition parties at the STATE level who can keep the party/person in power on his/her toes for the people's ultimate benefit.

Over to US!

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Lusola15: 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
If jimi gets the governorship ticket under PDP or whatever party I will personally make sure that everyone in my family, extended family, friends and neighbours vote for him cos I will be campaigning 247 for him. Just love that man.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Itoroetti(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Firefire: speculations

Goodbye APC, goodbye TINnubu

APC'S tenure in lagos will end the same way spainish dorminance in football ended.
the sorrows will be unbearable

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Firefire(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Itoroetti:

APC'S tenure in lagos will end the same way spainish dorminance in football ended.
the sorrows will be unbearable

Inshal Allah,

In Jesus Name

Asee gun.

Ameen
Amen
Asee

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Itoroetti(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
cool
texaco1: Declaring his interest doesn't mean he has been given the ticket,he still has to go state primary to get the party nomination ,unlike tinubu anti people congress that gives party ticket in tinubu parlour over bottles of beer rlor.
;

dis laugh no go kill me .
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Itoroetti(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
BabaEleko: Please, i need help! Can somebody list me 5 names of credible men of integrity in the PDP caucus. undecided

1 tinubu
2 remi tinubu
3atiku
4 buhari(reminds me of my younger bro whom use to cry so much as a child back then)
5 el rufai
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by ola6: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista, you too much! You understand the politics in Lagos wella. Bode George is the PROBLEM OF LAGOS PDP. Hope GEJ is listening.
This is my analysis on Jimi Agbaje.

Jimi in PDP or APC as "Gubernatorial candidate" (emphasizes on " as Gubernatorial candidate"wink will spell doom for both parties. If he goes to PDP and he is chosen as a candidate, people will decamp atomatically, only Bode George will be left. I mean, how can they be working just so one man will come and eat all their sweat. As the APC, the same. People like Senator GOS, Hamzat, Banire etc will leave.

Jimi needs to work from the ground up and not just sit somewhere for people to cook and when food is ready, gbam, he'll simply come and eat.

Also,
Grassroot still see Jimi and Fashola as "same ni". In the sense that all these "fine English" and certificates means he will be like Fashola if given the chance. Jimi in PDP will be Great for both Jimi and PDP. The only way for Jimi is to meet ALL the stakeholders in PDP and both should reach a compromise.

HE NEEDS TO START WORKING NOW WITH PDP, NOT WHEN FOOD IS READY.

https://www.nairaland.com/1810625/apc-lose-lagos-stakeholders#24656751

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun: Offline Reconciliation And Re-unification Is The Panacea / Donald Trump Snubs Buhari, Calls Other World Leaders / Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.