Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94502 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
vivikul: Sorry pls forgv me av nt bin comenting. Nyc work n tanx for making d picture more clearer by d day
Thanks dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by crislyn(f): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Puleez I'm hungry Queen...feed me.
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Kathy had really suffered. Weldone Queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2014

'My daddy died and had to be buried. I couldn't do that on my own so I called my uncles. They came and decided to bury him in the cemetery but I wanted him buried in the house. Their will prevailed despite my objection. They left me after that.'

'How can they leave just like that, after everything your parents did for them.' Kelvin frowned.

Katherine laughed heartily and then held her throat. 'They left me just like that, not even interested in my welfare or how I would cope.'

Kelvin shook his head.

'Two days after my dad's burial, I went to their various office to ask for advise and help. They told me same thing.' She smiled bitterly and wiped her face. 'They told me looking me straight in the eyes that life was a ''scratch my back, I scratch yours affair". That was the first time I heard that, so I didn't understand what it meant and I did ask them to explain and they told me, I will be having coitus with them and they in turn would take care of everything I needed.

'Jeez! You were only sixteen! '

She pursed her lips and tears flowed. 'Right there in their office, I felt as though a bomb had exploded in the premises. '

'Oh my God...I thought this only happens in the imagination of a writer. This is ridiculous. '

'I guess I was like you until I was a victim.'

'What did you do? ' He searched her facial expression.

'Tears just welled in my eyes...I was too disappointed, too dazed to utter a word. I picked my bag and left their office. By the time I got home, I was seriously comtemplating suicide. I knew I would rather die than do want they wanted. '

Kelvin exhaled pained.

'I picked to knife to stab myself but I couldn't because I knew my family especially God would be disappointed in me and I wouldn't go to the resting place up above...I wouldn't go where my parents and Kennedy were.' She sobbed.

Kelvin stared at her with so much respect trying not to think of what he would have done in her shoes. He would have been a trained assassin. He took her palms in his.

'A week later, my eldest uncle came to the house and told me he was giving me twenty fours to vacate my father's house. He asked for the documents of the three plot of land. 

Three days before my dad passed on, he handed them over to me. One part of me wanted to deny knowledge of it, so I could burn them before vacating. I suppressed that part and handed them over to him.'

My brother girlfriend came that evening and I narrated the latest to her. She arranged for a lorry and people who helped move everything movable property in the house.
The house I am living in was giving to me by her as a parting gift. She left to live abroad where her family was.' She looked at him.
'I wished so many times that everything that had happened to me was a horrible dream. Nineteen months had gone and many months after, it is still difficult for me...loosing them all. It is still like an horrible nightmare. Do you know it means to lose people you've know all your life and learn to live life without them? Do you know the pain and emptiness that engulfs me anytime I wake just to realise they are no more? Do you know Kel... do you? ' She clasped a palm over quivering lips.

Kelvin heaved. 'No dear I don't, I can only imagine.'

'Imagination can never do, never.' She sniffed and her tears began rolling down her tears-stained cheeks. 'Those who have a suffered a broken relationship don't even know how it hurts because family is very important. ' Katherine closed her eyes momentarily.

Kelvin was heartbroken to see she still had more tears in spite of the multitude she had shed already.

'My brother girlfriend left two days after I moved in, her family were aware of their relationship and were on her neck for her to come over knowing she was devastated.

The days that followed...' She stared into space. 'I slumped in and out of consciousness. I hardly ate, I lived behind closed door for about three moon, I longed for death as though it was natural. When I saw it wasn't forthcoming, I went back to God and his words. I got uplifted, little by little, I was able to pick up the broken pieces of my heart and put them together.

I willed my heart to forget special dates and days like my birthday for me to move on. '

Kelvin remembered the look on her face when she came to his office with the birthday gift. He understood it all, all the lack of trust she had put up. It was all clear.

'I took jobs, I was a cook in the first and soon enough the boss son wouldn't let me be, my colleagues got jealous and I had to quit.
Same for other jobs I took, it's either the boss, the son or their guests. I worked in one as a companion to three children for two years before their father started giving me unnecessary attention. The man was an engineer and the wife a bank manager. When I told the children I was leaving, they wept because I more like a mum to them. I made them promise not to forget all I taught them. They made promise to check on them someday. I wish I could see them. ' She smiled.

'Nothing is holding you back darling, when you're ready, I'll come with you.'

'Kelvin.' She whispered and her smile widened. 'You are crying.'

'Am I? ' He touched his face. 'Oh my...' He chuckled embarrassed and wiped his tears.

'It was when I was going back home, I saw SIC and the advert for a cleaner. You know the rest of the story.'

'I do darling. ' He took her palm and kissed it.

She coughed, her body ached and felt hot. 'Thank you for everything... everything. I can't begin to express... '

'Shhhh...thank you for being you.' He beamed at her. 'I have learnt a lot from you today.' He said and opened another bottled water. 'Drink water.'

She shook her head.

'I'm not asking you Sweetie, I'm telling you. You've lost so much fluid.'

She obeyed him.

He poured some water on a napkin and wiped her face and then dabbed her neck.

He took all they brought for picnic to the car.

Katherine bend over rocking herself with a palm over her forehead with shut eyes. She winced in pain.

Soon, they were walking to where the car was parked with Kelvin hand around her waist supporting her.

Suddenly, she lurched and he felt her become limp against him.

He grabbed her as panick surged him through him.

'Katherine... ' He shook her arms.

As her head fell back, he saw only the white of her eyes before it closed.

He swept her off her feet and hurried as fast as he could to the car.

He laid her and felt for pulse on her wrist. He didn't feel any.

'Katherine please... don't give up on me....' He slammed the back door shut and entered the driver side.

'Oh God please...help me... help me please... ' He let a shaky breath as he glanced at the side mirror and then reversed. 'God please... no traffic.' He muttered. ' Katherine... ' He called and glanced at the inner mirror, hoping she would stir to no avail. 'Stay with me darling. ' He muttered as he gripped the steering wheel and joined the express road leaving dust behind.

+++

3 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
crislyn: Puleez I'm hungry Queen...feed me.
Oya o, food is served.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
TiffanyJ: Kathy had really suffered. Weldone Queen
Suffer no be small. Thanks for your royal pence Sweetie.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmm, poor Kathy, i do hope she will be okay:|. She has really passed thru HELL ooo. Dearie, great job n well done ooosmiley
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
nnekamezor: Hmmm, poor Kathy, i do hope she will be okay:|. She has really passed thru HELL ooo. Dearie, great job n well done ooosmiley
I do hope she would be okay too, thanks dearie.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by jaymomma(f): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Great update. I'm sure Kathy's fine. Just fatigue.

Nyc one queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by crislyn(f): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmm ds is so heart wrenching.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
crislyn: Hmmm ds is so heart wrenching.
mmmh... tell me about it darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
jaymomma: Great update. I'm sure Kathy's fine. Just fatigue.

Nyc one queen
I just hope it's fatigue really Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by TaiwoAdeyemi054(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi Queenxstar...hope you won't mind checking out my poems. Pls read and comment on my poems on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1877890/taiwos-anthology
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oooh Katty don't leave me cry
tanx queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mind blowing!
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:58am On Aug 29, 2014
TaiwoAdeyemi054: Hi Queenxstar...hope you won't mind checking out my poems. Pls read and comment on my poems on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1877890/taiwos-anthology

I don't mind.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Candis009: Oooh Katty don't leave me cry
tanx queen
Thanks dear
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
adeyemikenny5: Mind blowing!
Good to see you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by vivikul(f): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Weldone maam. But pls I dnt undastand d relatnship btwn dis tWo. Aw did she get so free as to accept going on picnic with kel n telling him her story? N dis whole darling ting, ah me I no too code oo. Or sister queen did I miss an episode

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
vivikul: Weldone maam. But pls I dnt undastand d relatnship btwn dis tWo. Aw did she get so free as to accept going on picnic with kel n telling him her story? N dis whole darling ting, ah me I no too code oo. Or sister queen did I miss an episode
I'll rather the house answer your questions.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Benjaminbest(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
I have been a secret follower......but today is different cant jst leave without not dropping anytin. Tanks for d update more graces on ur spiritual life
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
oh katty must not die oooo else............
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Queenxstar: I'll rather the house answer your questions.
probably he has not been following. just tell him to start from d beginning of the work.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
GTG members please help answer Vivi 's question.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
boladex1: oh katty must not die oooo else............
Else we will... ooo
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Benjaminbest: I have been a secret follower......but today is different cant jst leave without not dropping anytin. Tanks for d update more graces on ur spiritual life
Amen, thanks darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Daintydaisy(f): 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
U r jxt da bxt Queeny, may ur fountain of knowledge neva run dry. @vivi, dear u nid 2go bck 2d vry beginning so u cn undastnd better.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Daintydaisy: U r jxt da bxt Queeny, may ur fountain of knowledge neva run dry. @vivi, dear u nid 2go bck 2d vry beginning so u cn undastnd better.
Amen.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Fatalveli(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ma'am! C'mon get busy now, I mean our update.... Pls
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
*panting*
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
vivikul: Weldone maam. But pls I dnt undastand d relatnship btwn dis tWo. Aw did she get so free as to accept going on picnic with kel n telling him her story? N dis whole darling ting, ah me I no too code oo. Or sister queen did I miss an episode

o sisterly, u miss a lot, are u not aware that Kathy is now a senior patner in SIC and has brought so much good to d organization, hence all that VIP treatment
Re: Generation To Generations... by vivikul(f): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
My ppl tanx for d clerification nah me no read inbtwn lines. Dear keep up d good work

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (36) (Reply)

The Silent Lover / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.