Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94503 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
princesssusan:
Hmmm life at times could be so unpredictable, gr8t! One queen
Thank you Princess.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
kingphilip:
Kathy shouldn't have done dat she should just forgive n forget though it might not seem so easy but she should just try

I know she can

BTW queen nice update n hope u r gud too
Appreciate your contribution as always dearest.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
grocery:
Good job.....Queenxstar
Thanks sweetie.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
lyzee21:
Nice 1 Queen
Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
onosj:
4 d wicked, a day will always come when u think u are safe nd happy. But suddenly ur joy will turn 2 betterness in ur mouth, nd u will know dat u are paying some debts. Katherine put urself 2gether!! They are paying 4 d evil they did 2 ur family.
True.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Mercylee: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Dearest mama Queen, do i smell an update.
Re: Generation To Generations... by onosj(f): 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
Our honorable Queen no update 2day.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
onosj:
Our honorable Queen no update 2day.
No dear, I'm on duty today and tomorrow.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2014
hmmmmm. D past comes calling. It takes only d will of d Almighty 2 let go. Still here
Re: Generation To Generations... by lexaydfg(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
nice one queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2014
-+-

'Hi sweetest heart. ' Kelvin cooed and opened his arms.

She stepped into his arms and held him tight as relief flooded her. She felt the urge to burst into tears but suppressed it immediately, now was not the time.

He still had his long sleeved shirt still tucked in the blazer trousers from work. 'I'm up here on a mission, Bennedict says you've been unhappy and despite him asking, you claimed nothing was amiss. He has therefore employed the services of able detective Kelvin Sigismund.'

Katherine smiled fondly, her son had turned out to be very observant.

'I called at your office to take you for a surprise treat and Evelyn told me you left three hours before closing time. Besides, your phone has been switched off. What could be wrong sweetie?'

How she wanted to tell him all without mincing words, instead she said, 'My dear darling,' She reached out to touch a side of his face with her plan. 'I promise to tell it all when you've freshened up and on a full stomach.'

Katherine took his hand and made to lead him out but he restrained her.

'I can't see myself enjoying your delicious meal with the knowledge you're unhappy.' She appeared to him like she had shed some kilogramme since he last saw her in the morning.

'Well said dearest.' She exhaled.

He sat and asked her to sit on his lap. 'I'm listening darling. '

'I...I don't even how to began.' She exhaled once more. 'Some people form Nigeria came to see in the office and claimed to be family of the man that shot my brother.'

'What!' Kelvin exclaimed. He went wide eyed and his jaw dropped simultaneously.

'Yes sweetie, it's... it's crazy...bizarre, I don't know...' She sighed.

He blinked severally as his allow the information to sink in.

'What did you do?' He looked up at her

'Send them right out of my office.' Katherine replied spitefully.

Silence prevailed as Kelvin brows narrowed into a frown as he lapsed into thoughts once more.

'Sweetheart, what can you make of their visit?'

Katherine heaved and pondered momentarily before answering. 'I don't know what to think nor make of it and I don't care. If the devil had decided to lie all along and decided to raise his ugly head at this point ready...' She smiled bitterly. 'He had better strap his belt tightly...' she stood and tapped her foot for few seconds. 'Air bag would even be anti safety eventually. Hmmm...' She resolved.

Kelvin exhaled and stood. 'Come sweetie,' He took her hand and led her down the stairs. 'We are going to tell our children about this, hear their opinion and report it to our father above.'

+++
*-+

Katherine walked into the rugged lobby leading directly to her office and stopped short bewildered and bemused.

She removed her sunglasses slowly and squint her eyes as if to allow better accommodation. She advance slowly.

Her Cologne and aura went before her and they looked just to sight her.

Ezinne gasped and a palm clasped her mouth afterwards. She recognized her despite the transformation, her face reminded her so much of her mother, a woman who had welcomed her into the family with open arms, polished her cooking skills. She had solely sponsored all meal and drinks those present at her wedding to her brother-in-law took.

In a rush, she remembered Katherine as barely a teen, how she had danced so well at their wedding and mesmerized all present. She and husband had even Joked that she more money sprayed on her than them.

Guilt coursed through every fibre of her being.

The very person they had to hired the best of detectives to look for two years having tried various solutions from one spiritualist to another, native doctor to another, false prophet to another and tried variety of supposedly concoctions and prescriptions.

Katherine recognized them instantly.

Her oldest uncle, Marcus Ezeugo stood dazed at the presence of his niece, the one he carried on the day of her birth and then he hung his head in shame.

His younger brother, Azubuike and their wives stood and lowered their gaze.

Katherine wore her sun glasses and advanced towards Evelyn who had being on her feet as soon as she saw Katherine.

'Katherine...' Marcus called more of a whisper fully laced with pleas.

She grimaced but turned to look at them when in front of her secretary's desk. 'I feel like the very devil just called my name, I don't want to hear your voice again!' She thundered but her voice was void of spite and anger.

Marcus winced and recoiled.

'Evelyn?' She called eyes not leaving them. 'Call security, I need feed back that they've left this premises within this same minute.' She took a quick glance at her wrist watch before walking head high into her office.

Ezinne slumped on the floor and placed both hands on her head.

Evelyn was already speaking into a phone.

The memory she had taken with her were that of them well dressed but not good looking, perspiring in a well ventilated and airconditioned lobby, their facial expression was as though they were on the verge of cardiac arrest.

A question was paramount in her mind. Was there a courtesy visit or something much more?

She withdrew her mobile phone and speed dialled her husband number.

++*

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2014
A BLESSED NEW MONTH GREAT PEOPLE!
Do not forget to share your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2014
same to u o queen
great update dear
I think Katherine is taking this thing too far

quite alright they wronged ha but atleast find a place in ur heart to forgive them but sure they'll linger in ur thought if u don't n twill affect u on the bad side
forgiveness does the forgiver more good dan d forgived
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 11:50am On Nov 03, 2014
kingphilip:

quite alright they wronged ha but atleast find a place in ur heart to forgive them but sure they'll linger in ur thought if u don't n twill affect u on the bad side

@king... it is not as easy as u think o! i know she finally forgive them all but the pain of what they did has to heal first. seeing them only brings back the hurt, pain and memories of unnecessary sufferings she passed through.
thanks queenxstar for the lovely update
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
lenmafon:

@king... it is not as easy as u think o! i know she finally forgive them all but the pain of what they did has to heal first. seeing them only brings back the hurt, pain and memories of unnecessary sufferings she passed through.
heal u say?? for Hw long is it going to heal?
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
kingphilip:

heal u say?? for Hw long is it going to heal?

put urself in her shoes and see! ur own uncles wanted to sleep with u first bfore helping u, not considering all that ur parentz did for them. guy if na me, i go do more than wetin kathy do
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
"To err is human n to forgive Divine"... I do hope Kathy forgives dem ASAP, she will hv peace aftawards... Its nt easy tho... Nice one dearie... Hapi blessed new month too
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
"To err is human n to forgive Divine"... I do hope Kathy forgives dem ASAP, she will hv peace aftawards... Its nt easy tho, buh wit God all tins are POSSIBLE... Nice one dearie... Hapi blessed new month too
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
lenmafon:

put urself in her shoes and see! ur own uncles wanted to sleep with u first bfore helping u, not considering all that ur parentz did for them. guy if na me, i go do more than wetin kathy do
external disappointment is beta than those done by ur immediate family.. if Joseph could, she can
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:31am On Nov 04, 2014
kingphilip:

external disappointment is beta than those done by ur immediate family.. if Joseph could, she can
Which Joseph sir?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:32am On Nov 04, 2014
nnekamezor:
"To err is human n to forgive Divine"... I do hope Kathy forgives dem ASAP, she will hv peace aftawards... Its nt easy tho, buh wit God all tins are POSSIBLE... Nice one dearie... Hapi blessed new month too
Well said Nneoma.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:34am On Nov 04, 2014
kingphilip:
same to u o queen
great update dear

Great food for thought! Thanks for sharing.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:36am On Nov 04, 2014
lenmafon:

That's plain reality sweetie...it's easier said than done, I appreciate you pointing that out.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Phlakes(f): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Weldone queen, u are really doin a great job, more grace dear
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:16am On Nov 04, 2014
Phlakes:
Weldone queen, u are really doin a great job, more grace dear
Thanks sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Queenxstar:
Which Joseph sir?
the Biblical one
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Queenxstar:
Great food for thought! Thanks for sharing.
Uwc dear
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Katherine has 2 thread carefully so as nt 2 offend d God she has established a gud relationship wit. Weldone dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2014
i love this update and kat reaction becuase one things is certain forgiveness its not easy especially when you passed through
what she has gone through but she should also remembers that Gods has vindicated her and she should have mercy on them.

thanks Queen you r marvelous always touching my emotions
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
boladex1:
i love this update and kat reaction becuase one things is certain forgiveness its not easy especially when you passed through
what she has gone through but she should also remembers that Gods has vindicated her and she should have mercy on them.

thanks Queen you r marvelous always touching my emotions
I'll whisper that in Katherine's ear.
Thanks dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hameenat94:
Katherine has 2 thread carefully so as nt 2 offend d God she has established a gud relationship wit. Weldone dear.
Now that a salient point, thanks dearest.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
kingphilip:

the Biblical one
That's true!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply)

The Silent Lover / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.