Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Advice Needed As To Whether To Fly Egypt Air To Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed As To Whether To Fly Egypt Air To Nigeria? (1269 Views)

Torn Passport: Egypt Air Admits Error, To Pay Compensation / Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story / (A Must Read) How Egypt Air Wrongly Flew Me To Another Country, Tore My Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed As To Whether To Fly Egypt Air To Nigeria? by oilyngbati3(m): 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello and greeting to fellow nairalanders, please I urgently need you guys' help and advice here as I'm stuck in a dilemma. I need to attend my cousin's wedding in Nigeria this August and for someone who lives abroad, it's a nightmare getting a cheap ticket to travel in the summer, as most schools are closed for the summer break and students are travelling overseas with their parents for the break. This has made airline ticket prices to balloon well-up the "sky".

I promised my cousin that I'd be in his wedding as the MC, because he went out of his way to attend my wedding last two years in Nigeria. He came all the way from Hong Kong for mine which was held also in the peak of the summer month of August, 2012. Current airline ticket from the city I live in the USA to Nigeria is averaging around $1869.78 and I have a budget of $1200 for ticket. I called my cousin and told him that I can't make it and I would like to send him the $1200 (reserved for my air ticket as gift), but he rejected it and said my presence as the MC is worth more than the gift and if I don't show up, he will get mad with me.

Now my dear nairalnders, here is the main problem: My cousin's would-be wife works with Egypt air and she has secured a flight from Boston-USA to Lagos-Nigeria with this airline for $858.32, using her influence and I've vowed not fly any Islamic airline going by their penchant for suicide attacks. I explained this to my cousin and even told him the Jan/Feb 2002 Egypt airline crash off the coast of New York and investigation revealed that it's was a deliberate act by the Egyptian pilot, who was sympathetic to the Taliban in Afghanistan.

All these explanation fell on my cousin's "deaf ear" as he didn't see reason with. Should I tell him off and go my separate ways or should I pray to God and take the Egypt airline to Nigeria?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

(1) (Reply)

Obtaining An International Passport / A Norwegian Prison That Treat It's Prisoners Like Kings (must See) /pictures/ / Is It Advisable To Apply For A Schengen Visa To Italy With A New Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.