Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (194427 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Karleb:

No.

Care to give some explanation. embarassed
sus2 chords are 1-2-5 chords. i.e. Chords formed from the first, second and fifth note. For example. In the key of F(F-G-A-Bb-C-D-E-F'), the sus2 chords are: F-G-C(Fsus2), G-A-D(Gsus2), A-B-E(Asus2), Bb-C-E(BbSus2), C-D-G(Csus2), D-E-A(Dsus2), Esus2 is not available on key F. You can apply sus2 chords to pentatones

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Karleb: I was just watching a keyboard tutorial I download from YouTube and the guy was playing with four fingers, a beg how many keyboardist play with four fingers here?
I do. I use 5 fingers most times.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2014
gameboi: I do. I use 5 fingers most times.

Wao you know say you be oga now, but I'm gonna stick to my three fingers until I become a pro. tongue
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2014
Karleb:

Wao you know say you be oga now, but I'm gonna stick to my three fingers until I become a pro. tongue
Lolz. I have other bosses Like Dramadiddy.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2014
gameboi: Lolz. I have other bosses Like Dramadiddy.

But, wait o.

If the 1 2 5's are called sus2, then what do you call the 1 3 5's?

Anyways, you can try these on the scale of F and tell me how the sound feels.

Bass: F C F Bb D Bb C C G C Bb D C F

Treble: C A F D Bb F E C D Bb F.

Or does it seems familiar?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2014
Karleb:

But, wait o.

If the 1 2 5's are called sus2, then what do you call the 1 3 5's?

Anyways, you can try these on the scale of F and tell me how the sound feels.

Bass: F C F Bb D Bb C C G C Bb D C F

Treble: C A F D Bb F E C D Bb F.

Or does it seems familiar?
1-3-5's are major chords. Should these notes be played simultaneously on both hands?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2014
gameboi: 1-3-5's are major chords. Should these notes be played simultaneously on both hands?

Yes.

So sus2 can actually be called minor chords?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Karleb:

Yes.

So sus2 can actually be called minor chords?
I'm not with a keyboard now. But I can imagine how it should sound. Sus2 chords are not minors.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
How can i use my left hand to play a 1-3-4 on the piano as my right hand is playing a 1-4-1-5
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Fazi15: How can i use my left hand to play a 1-3-4 on the piano as my right hand is playing a 1-4-1-5

Pratice, practice and practice.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls elaborate the meaning of playing that kind of tune
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
Karleb:

Pratice, practice and practice.
pls elaborate the meaning of playing that kind of tune because i don't even understand the system of play
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
Why does a minor always sound so off, hey I'm not saying it's off o cheesy, but it does sound off as in somehow melancholic.

Why?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb: Why does a minor always sound so off, hey I'm not saying it's off o cheesy, but it does sound off as in somehow melancholic.

Why?
'cos it's a minor.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2014
gameboi: 'cos it's a minor.

Huh!?

You know what? I tried playing a hymn on Cminor and oh God! It was so off! But on CMajor? Ghen! ghen! It was the bomb!

If that's how a minor sounds, then when and where can one apply the minor chords s/he knows?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb:

Huh!?

You know what? I tried playing a hymn on Cminor and oh God! It was so off! But on CMajor? Ghen! ghen! It was the bomb!

If that's how a minor sounds, then when and where can one apply the minor chords s/he knows?
first of all, do you what the minor of a key is?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb:

Wow! Nice school.

That must be second semester, right?

yea , sorry for replying late. How are you?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
gameboi: first of all, do you what the minor of a key is?

Do I know what a minor key or chord or scale is? Yes! angry

Do I know into details what a minor key or chord or scale is? No

Why? 'Cause I just started with C Minor this morning.

Abeg, answer Fazi15 question.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb:

Do I know what a minor key or chord or scale is? Yes! angry

Do I know into details what a minor key or chord or scale is? No

Why? 'Cause I just started with C Minor this morning.

Abeg, answer Fazi15 question.
so, you mean you know what a minor chord and scale is, yet you didn't realise that playing on Cminor is same as Playing On EbMajor. And it sounded akward because you did not know how to apply it. What was Fazi's question?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Elantracey: yea , sorry for replying late. How are you?

Hey no p. smiley

I'm cool cool

CChaii how I wish I've chosen uniben. embarassed
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
@gameboi

Fazi15: How can i use my left hand to play a 1-3-4 on the piano as my right hand is playing a 1-4-1-5

What the fucck!!!! shocked shocked

Of course I saw the familiarity, but I consciously and unconsciously chose to forget about it.

It didn't sound awkward because I don't know how to apply it, it sounded awkward to me because it sounded awkward compared to what C major and Db major sounds like.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb: @gameboi

Of course I saw the familiarity, but I consciously and unconsciously chose to forget about it.

It didn't sound awkward because I don't know how to apply it, it sounded awkward to me because it sounded awkward compared to what C major and Db major sounds like.
there is no need to add Bleep to ur sentence,since this question has no answer;fine
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Fazi15: there is no need to add Bleep to ur sentence,since this question has no answer;fine

Hey that wasn't meant for you, i just quoted your comment so that gamboi can see it.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb: @gameboi

that's why I asked you what the minor of a key is. And apparently, you don't really know it.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
gameboi: that's why I asked you what the minor of a key is. And apparently, you don't really know it.

I guess you just want me to swallow my humble moimoi, alright I really don't know what minors are.

Care to explain?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb:

I guess you just want me to swallow my humble moimoi, alright I really don't know what minors are.

Care to explain?
The minor of any key is gotten by counting three half steps form the present key or the sixth note of that key. For instance, the minor of F# is three half-steps backward (i.e F E Eb). Hence Eb is the minor of F#. Like I said, another way of getting the minor of F# is by getting the sixth note of F#(F#-G#-Bb-B-C#-Eb-F-F#'). It therefore means F#(F#-G#-Bb-B-C#-Eb-F-F#') and EbMinor(Eb-F-F#-G#-Bb-B-C#-Eb') have similar notes.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb:

Hey that wasn't meant for you, i just quoted your comment so that gamboi can see it.
no problem
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
gameboi: The minor of any key is gotten by counting three half steps form the present key or the sixth note of that key. For instance, the minor of F# is three half-steps backward (i.e F E Eb). Hence Eb is the minor of F#. Like I said, another way of getting the minor of F# is by getting the sixth note of F#(F#-G#-Bb-B-C#-Eb-F-F#'). It therefore means F#(F#-G#-Bb-B-C#-Eb-F-F#') and EbMinor(Eb-F-F#-G#-Bb-B-C#-Eb') have similar notes.

Nice technique, but you might want to see this for knowledge sake

http://www.pianoscales.org/minor.html
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
Karleb:

Nice technique, but you might want to see this for knowledge sake

http://www.pianoscales.org/minor.html
Thanks. Though I already know most of those stuffs there.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Bosville(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Playing oN key Cminor, Fmajor, Db??wats re dos tinz......i knOw nothing bout dem...can soMeoNe explain MOre pleaze...?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Bosville(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Playing oN key Cminor, Fmajor, Db??wats re dos tinz......i knOw nothing bout dem...can soMeoNe put me through...?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Bosville: Playing oN key Cminor, Fmajor, Db??wats re dos tinz......i knOw nothing bout dem...can soMeoNe put me through...?
Cminor means C D Eb F G G# Bb C'. Fmajor is F G A Bb C D E F G'. When you see the sign ''b'' it means Flat while # means sharp .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.