Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195363 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
DeHero1:
Pls where do u stay?

@ EzePromoe
Port Harcourt
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Gonna be testing our ears.. Will be uploading things played by me.. Don't worry I'll be real slow.. Brace urself wink
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJaZfXXxAKI
For those that have not watched
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 12:53am On Mar 11, 2015
EzePromoe:
Port Harcourt

Alryt... thought it's somewhere closer.

Dramadiddy:
Gonna be testing our ears.. Will be uploading things played by me.. Don't worry I'll be real slow.. Brace urself wink

...waiting...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2015
HOW TO APPLY SCALE TONE CHORDS IN HYMNS, JAZZ STANDARDS, POP SONGS OR ANY OTHER SONGS

1. Play melody using your right hand (R.H.).

2. Play the chords using your left hand (L.H.).

3. Play the chords on your L.H. and the melody on your right.

4. Play the melody and try to harmonize it using the notes of the corresponding chord on your R.H.

5. Play the melody together with the harmony on your R.H. and on your L.H., play the bass in octave.

6. Play the melody and harmony on your R.H. while arpeggiating the chord on your left (if necessary).

7. Play the melody in octaves while adding the inner voices (the remaining notes of the chords which are not being played) on your R.H. while arpeggiating the chord on your left (if necessary).

8. Use chords arpeggiation on your right hand (ascending or descending) as fill-in for long extended notes or chords.

9. The important thing is to know the melody and the chords of the song you are playing and to coordinate the right and left hand to play the song. And that’s the fun in reading sheet music – there’s no left hand pattern to read. You are free to create your own music!!! Feel free to experiment which left hand patterns to use in a specific song, try playing different rhythms, explore the chords, try different inversions of chords, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Some good music are created because of accidental mistakes on the melody. Remember, perfect practice makes perfect!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2015
Good morning
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2015
Jazz is the music of the moment" - John Scofield (guitarist)

"In Jazz, improvisation isn't a matter of just making any ol' thing up. Jazz, like any language, has its own grammar and vocabulary. There's no right or wrong, just some choices that are better than others." - Wynton Marsalis

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple." - Charles Mingus

"In fifteen seconds the difference between composition and improvisation is that in composition you have all the time you want to decide what to say in fifteen seconds, while in improvisation you have fifteen seconds." - Steve Lacy

"A Jazz musician is a juggler who uses harmonies instead of oranges." - Benny Green

"The real power of Jazz... is that a group of people can come together and create... improvised art and negotiate their agendas... and that negotiation is the art" - Wynton Marsalis from 'Jazz, a film by Ken Burns.'

"Music is not an occupation. It's a profession. I always looked on it as being a little higher than a job, and to be involved with it you have to have what I call dedication..." - Oscar Peterson (jazz pianist)
Jazz is an art of improvising from within(Your Musical vocabulary) whatever has been taken in over the years. (Pianistsegz2014)

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Still waiting
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dramadiddy:
S d r// m l t m Ebmaj13add11
S l d r// fi t m Ebmaj13add11
Mo tau r// tau mo s Bmaj7
L t// s d r f Bbmin13
Zi tau// fi t di m Amin13
S r// s l r Ebsus9
L t// s d r f Bbmin13
S r// s l r Ebsus9
L m s// s d m Fmin7
R l d//fi tau r Bbdom#5
Tau m l//r s d F#maj7#11
//r s t Ebmaj
F d//d m s l Dbmaj9
Fi l di//mo mi zi ti Dmin13
Fi t mo zi// fi tau r Ddom13#5add11
Zi m//zi ti di m Emaj6
L s//s t r Fmin11
R l d//d f l Bbmin7
M zi r//f s t Cdomb9b10
T//f zi t r Gdim7
D s//tau d f l d Abdom13add11
wat s ds pls. i am a beginner in keyboard.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dramadiddy:
L t// s d r f Bbmin13
S r// s l r Ebsus9
L t// s d r f Bbmin13
S r// s l r Ebsus9
L m s// s d m Fmin7
R l d//fi tau r Bbdom#5
Tau m l//r s d F#maj7#11
//r s t Ebmaj
F d//d m s l Dbmaj9
Fi l di//mo mi zi ti Dmin13
Fi t mo zi// fi tau r Ddom13#5add11
Zi m//zi ti di m Emaj6
L s//s t r Fmin11
R l d//d f l Bbmin7
M zi r//f s t Cdomb9b10
T//f zi t r Gdim7
D s//tau d f l d Abdom13add11
what piano voice would be best for these voicings. I'm thinking Epiano, tine, suitcase ep
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
Davik01:
i think you can find answers on previous pages of this thread. I think it will be helpful if you can go through them
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:31am On Mar 14, 2015
zbone:

what piano voice would be best for these voicings. I'm thinking Epiano, tine, suitcase ep
yeah d the tine is crazy especially the motif version
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Davik01:
how much have u learnt
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 3:57am On Mar 16, 2015
Dramadiddy:
What did I play ooo http://www.2shared.com/audio/4Mk8zpI1/Great_Thy_Faithfulness.html
Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord my Father etc.
Your link has the expo already.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2015
Variations on 7..3...6 progressions in the key of D Major...Transpose and rehearse in all keys..Remain blessed IJN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK30mlP6ILs
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
EzePromoe:

Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord my Father etc.
Your link has the expo already.
Lol I'm asking about d chords
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Lol I'm asking about d chords
The question is definitely not for me because I've not gotten to that level of deciphering accidental chords. grin
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by seyithug(m): 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
ONWARDBABA:

great very expiring plz where d i get dis i ned i must n matter hw huge plz the site tanx
Bros, please, I'm a complete noob here. I know nothing about playing keyboards. Can you please send the link to the torrent? Also, what materials can you recommend for starters? I have major interests in keyboard and the guitar (I bought an acoustic, just laying there, unused). I don't mind an affordable, seasoned tutor too (pls, pm me). Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by seyithug(m): 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
gameboi:
what do you mean by 'Eiya'? The churches I play for usually offer to pay me and I'll agree but After church service I'll disappear. There are Implications in Requesting for money to serve God. And besides the only ocassions where I collect money are during Wedding Receptions.
I'm glad you mentioned this, bro. A lot of instrumentalists don't know this, but the fact is that it's spiritually wrong to collect money for services rendered to a church, except, as you said, wedding ceremonies. Many instrumentalists don't know this, but they're never 'balanced', as in they never get to do anything tangible with the money. It goes out way faster than it comes in, there will always be insurmountable bills. And, neither the church nor the Pastor would ever be truly 'grateful' for the service, because it's paid for-what that means is that, you won't ever get their heart-felt, spiritual blessings, which is most important to better your lot in life, than the money you collect weekly or monthly. Never undermine the effect of a truly called and ordained pastor' (or prophet's) deeply felt love and prayers for you. If he(pastor or prophet) as much as thinks of you and feels glad in his soul and spirit whenever he does so, God will remember you and bless you more. Because he would know you're contributing in no small measure to his church, following your own calling (music+instruments) passionately, and the fact that he doesn't have to pay you for it means he (and his angels) will always be at peace with you and love you, thereby desiring only the best for you.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Royaltriplee: 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Karleb:

Yes I am, an intermediate at that.

What mean by rhythm is something like: d m r d, r f m r, m s f m, r m r... that we all use to learn keyboard.
pls can someone clarify the term "rhythm" for me pls...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
EzePromoe:
The question is definitely for me because I've not gotten to that level of deciphering accidental chords. grin
lol just try ur best
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 9:33am On Mar 17, 2015
Dramadiddy:
lol just try ur best
I'll give you reply next tomorrow, that's after touching the keyboard to know where some of the chords fall into.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2015
seyithug:

I'm glad you mentioned this, bro. A lot of instrumentalists don't know this, but the fact is that it's spiritually wrong to collect money for services rendered to a church, except, as you said, wedding ceremonies. Many instrumentalists don't know this, but they're never 'balanced', as in they never get to do anything tangible with the money. It goes out way faster than it comes in, there will always be insurmountable bills. And, neither the church nor the Pastor would ever be truly 'grateful' for the service, because it's paid for-what that means is that, you won't ever get their heart-felt, spiritual blessings, which is most important to better your lot in life, than the money you collect weekly or monthly. Never undermine the effect of a truly called and ordained pastor' (or prophet's) deeply felt love and prayers for you. If he(pastor or prophet) as much as thinks of you and feels glad in his soul and spirit whenever he does so, God will remember you and bless you more. Because he would know you're contributing in no small measure to his church, following your own calling (music+instruments) passionately, and the fact that he doesn't have to pay you for it means he (and his angels) will always be at peace with you and love you, thereby desiring only the best for you.

Welldone just decided to shed more light on ur understanding of what u are talking about.
Good day...I'm a Pianist/keyboard since 2004...11yrs and also a child of God. I don't follow d multitude but rather follow the word of God. Now to d matter...collecting money in church or anyhow all depends on many factors number one is ur mindset..and motive...u can be paid and dat will not be ur motive for playing in dat church, but dat might just be to help you financially let's stop deceiving ourselves and face truth...my house to my church is a 3 vehicle journey to get dere I've been dere since 2009 and Ave always been paid T.fare just enough for my transport now will u call dat salary to...mba dats misconceptions...it's just to help me while I run d service for God since den I've been blessed by God in all rounds no be small...my prayers are always answered even before I pray sometimes I hear from God well what's d secret my mind is not in d money but in d service I love d services I'm rendering more Dan d money I don't fight to get it. it's comes at its time. Dats me I Ave people dat collect salaries on piano, organ and Co and dey are blessed...dey are better on d instruments and people even bless dem more in d church. dat applies to me to
Answer dis questions before I go sir?
Do Pastors get paid or not?
Read the bible well the Levies were engaged in d days of David to provide skillful, melodious and professional music in d church...Bro dey were paid ooo...it's a matter of ur mind sir
Finally we Asked dat question from a great Man of God from the north (@NCCF 1st bi-annual state conference OSUN STATE CHAPTER )committed MOG and he answered us wit d questions I asked u..if pastors get paid if ur instrumentalist need it for welfare do say pay dem to...one of d reasons y the word of God says do not judge is becoz he knows most people will always get it wrong leave the guys to God...let everybody do d right thing but don't condemn anybody even d holy spirit corrects he doesn't condemn Pastors dat are blessed pau instrumentalist well and are happy with dem. example Daystar in Lagos and dose guys are doing fine and better off...Remain blessed

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 11:11am On Mar 17, 2015
It is spiritually right to be paid as an instrumentalist in church if u are truly rendering d service effectively and if it will help u in areas of transport ie u Ave no other means or if u are not financially buoyant some of us studied music and dats our own work apart from d service. Read dis

http://bible.us/num18.21.kjv And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Levites were in charge of church music and were specially trained and anointed for d work let's read more of our bible it will help to build a better understanding of how to live right in dis world dats our manual. However Don't collect money because others are doing so...but if it will help u and don't look for best paid church it's not good stay where God doesn't want u to stay but it's not a sin to be paid...I'm being paid t.fare and now by his grace I drive to church everyday my prayers are answered and I'm better on d instrument Dan ever before and everybody loves me in my church...dey always seek to bless me more coz dey no I'm not coming becoz of money but just like Levites in d bible I'm paid so what do u say is wrong with dat...Pls let's get it right my brother I love u all dats y I took time to explain dis according to our standard d Word of God...do not judge...David committed sin but was d apple of God's eyes big reason y u should not judge God's ways are not our ways 1 Sam. 16-7. He knows more Dan u and me so leave him to his sons rather Dan putting dem in a wrong side of thinking...tell pastors dat aren't paying d Word of God says give and it shall be giving unto u Give to instrumentalist dey are ministers to...it all starts when u don't really know ur place...choirs are next to God he dwells in praises of his people dats how heaven is so u are a minister not just keyboardist or drummer so think and act as such it will move u forward minsiterially. I'm sowie if I spoke harshly anywhere Pls try and understand d my stand point it's not to point accusing fingers but rather to enlighten be blessed as u meditate on this word
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Royaltriplee:
pls can someone clarify the term "rhythm" for me pls...

A progression or movement whether melodic or harmonic which is repeated can also be known as Rythmn. wink
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by tegzmaister(m): 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
It is spiritually right to be paid as an instrumentalist in church if u are truly rendering d service effectively and if it will help u in areas of transport ie u Ave no other means or if u are not financially buoyant some of us studied music and dats our own work apart from d service. Read dis

http://bible.us/num18.21.kjv And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Levites were in charge of church music and were specially trained and anointed for d work let's read more of our bible it will help to build a better understanding of how to live right in dis world dats our manual. However Don't collect money because others are doing so...but if it will help u and don't look for best paid church it's not good stay where God wants u to stay but it's not a sin to he paid...I'm being paid t.fare and now by his grace I drive to church everyday my prayers are answered and I'm better on d instrument Dan ever before and everybody loves me in my church...dey always seek to bless me more coz dey no I'm not coming becoz of money but just like Levites in d bible I'm paid so what do u say is wrong with dat...Pls let's get it right my brother I love u all dats y I took time to explain dis according to our standard d Word of God...do not judge...David committed sin but was d apple of God's eyes big reason y u should not judge God's ways are not our ways. He knows more Dan u and me so leave him to his sons rather Dan putting dem in a wrong side of thinking...tell pastors dat aren't pay d Word says give and it shall be giving unto u Give to instrumentalist dey are ministers to...it all starts when u don't really know ur place...choirs are next to God he dwells in praises of his people dats how heaven is so u are a minister not just keyboardist or drummer so think and act as such it will move u forward minsiterially. I'm sowie if I spoke harshly anywhere Pls try and understand d my stand point it's not to point accusing fingers but rather to enlighten be blessed as u meditate on this word
Shalom
bro u are so right God bless you 4 dis and 4 those who still thinks it's a sin don't collect!!!! different strokes 4 different folks #shekina

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
tegzmaister:
bro u are so right God bless you 4 dis and 4 those who still thinks it's a sin don't collect!!!! different strokes 4 different folks #shekina

Yea, if you're offered money, take it and if you're not offered any kobo and it's ok by you then no qualms.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Need tutorials on how to tackle Nigeria Highlife Gospel progressions on Piano then just download and watch dis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJaZfXXxAKI

If dis help like and place ur wonderful comments on d page.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by seyithug(m): 11:05am On Mar 18, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Levites were in charge of church music and were specially trained and anointed for d work let's read more of our bible it will help to build a better understanding of how to live right in dis world dats our manual. However Don't collect money because others are doing so...but if it will help u and don't look for best paid church it's not good stay where God doesn't want u to stay but it's not a sin to be paid...I'm being paid t.fare and now by his grace I drive to church everyday my prayers are answered and I'm better on d instrument Dan ever before and everybody loves me in my church...dey always seek to bless me more coz dey no I'm not coming becoz of money but just like Levites in d bible I'm paid so what do u say is wrong with dat...Pls let's get it right my brother I love u all dats y I took time to explain dis according to our standard d Word of God...do not judge...David committed sin but was d apple of God's eyes big reason y u should not judge God's ways are not our ways 1 Sam. 16-7. He knows more Dan u and me so leave him to his sons rather Dan putting dem in a wrong side of thinking...tell pastors dat aren't paying d Word of God says give and it shall be giving unto u Give to instrumentalist dey are ministers to...it all starts when u don't really know ur place...choirs are next to God he dwells in praises of his people dats how heaven is so u are a minister not just keyboardist or drummer so think and act as such it will move u forward minsiterially. I'm sowie if I spoke harshly anywhere Pls try and understand d my stand point it's not to point accusing fingers but rather to enlighten be blessed as u meditate on this word
Shalom

Bro, I appreciate all your responses and I like them, but I can't begin to address each and every sentence you made in error of your judgement of my submission. I don't remember condemning anyone for collection of salary. I only expantiated on the spiritual consequence(s) of 'demanding' before rendering God's services. And, it's entirely my opinion, don't take it too much to heart.
I'm happy you mentioned the welfare aspect. Many organised churches will appreciate your services by taking care of your t-fare+refreshments in church, even without you telling them, as an instrumentalist. If you demand such, it would be provided and with courtesy too. Demanding or being paid a salary, however, is a different thing entirely. What that does, in my opinion, is strip you of the spiritual benefits of rendering that service, and it would appear you have already 'received your rewards'. You made mention of the fact that God answers your prayers even before praying and He meets your needs in manifolds, that's because you're not demanding a statutory salary for the work rendered, rather, you're being encouraged in your attendance and ministry. You can not and should not compare a pastor's calling to that of an instrumentalist. I won't tow that line of argument with you.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Appreciate ur Gentle Man and matured reply without looking at some side of it anyway...yea but an church instrumentalist is much more higher in d spiritual realm Dan u think . Read d book of 1 Samuel 16:14-23 and d books of 1&2 kings all together u will see what and which level of understanding u are to operate...anyway our country here has also contributed to some of our mindset which are not up to d task..im not comparing a pastor to an instrumentalist but we are one body d leg can't move when d head is gone and vice versa...I don't wanna start quoting scriptures here it's not a bible class. The second point is as much as I might want to agree with u as much as I wanna say sometimes if dey demand to Pls pay to encourage dem talking to MOGS anyway by not aving dis understanding and maturity d devil has won d church so many times and we are busy following irrelevant protocols and ideas and so on
1. Terry G started in church, D banj nice drummer and so many one of our best Pianist in Nigeria is now in d hip hop world u need to ask what's really happening so what are we evangelising u are depopulating d house of God coz of penny dat u will pay dis guys and den blindly following protocols dat God has not ordained...let is all reason together this matter is a serious issue...it depend on ur exposure but from d little I Ave seen d church is not really getting it right...u are training people for d devil is dat what sent us to do...it's better to go back to d beginning and retrace ourself...it's spiritually ok and correct to pay dis guys let dem stay hear more of d Word..God knows how to touch everybody's heart better Dan any one of us...our plenty words can't even touch an insect and following some of dis principles will depopulate d good guys away from local churches into d wrong hands who will pay dem well...I Ave guys in Poly Ibadan bad Jazzist dey don't even go to church at all dey play in club mehn u can't compete wit dis guys dey are crazy on dere instrument but is it dat God doesn't need dem. no no no d church sent dem away against d teaching of Jesus...let's drop every opinion and protocols and follow d word,scripture and teaching s of our Lord Jesus christ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.