Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195200 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPA31AYrcQ

Are U a pro...then U need to watch dis
Jamz
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by sammy329(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2015
please, is there a keyboardist that can tutor me in Ibadan
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQnBi1tTB80

Follow me on Instagram: @johnsonkeyz
Twitter: @johnsonkeyz
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
GoodNews!!! For Intermediate and Advanced Piano player/Musicians...The Very much awaited "Advanced Piano Tutorial Course DVD by Johnsonkeyz" is finally out for sale in two modes HardCopy(#DVD) and Softcopy available to Google Drive Users...It's comprises of 9 sessions featuring Practically taught application of Tritone, Quartals, Diatones,Jazz Chords, Contemporary left handed Chords, Runs, Fills, Phat Chords and Bonus Track "How to play the Salsa Beat"...
The DVD both Hardcopy/Softcopy also comes with a well detailed CHORD SHEET pdf which contains theoretical backings to everything taught in the Video...will be sent to Ur Mail
Trust Me U don't want to Miss this Package
The Trailer link on youtube Check:

To Purchase DVD or Soft copy on (GoogleDrive) available for people in Nigeria and outside Nigeria
Contact Johnsonkeyz
Tel No:+2347037367597
+2348110835146
WhatsApp :+2347037367597
Instagram: @johnsonkeyz
Facebook Page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=934404249903763&refid=52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__tn__=C

IT's Time to take Your Piano playing to the Level after the next level
Grab Ur Copy Now!!!!!!!
Shalom
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 6:41am On Sep 03, 2015
TURN YOUR CARES INTO PRAYERS

Pst Joseph Prince

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

My friend, God doesn’t want you to be fearful, fretful or anxious. Instead, He wants you to “be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God”.

So when you have a care or worry, straightaway, turn that care or worry into prayer. That is supplication. And when you are troubled by a care or worry that you don’t know how to pray for, pray in the Spirit or tongues. And in the midst of that prayer, thank God that He is already your healing, provision, good success and victory. That, my friend, is thanksgiving.

“Pastor Prince, if I am worried about something, how long should I pray?”

Keep on praying. Pray in the Spirit until the worry lifts or dissipates, “and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”. (Philippians 4:7)

This was what one of our church members did when he found himself anxiously trying to access some important data in his USB flash drive. After a whole day at it with no results, he finally stopped himself from being anxious and instead, turned his worry into prayer, asking the Lord to settle it for him. As he prayed in tongues, he was also thankfully repeating in his heart that having the Holy Spirit — the Helper — with him was to his advantage. (John 16:7)

Later that evening, using his wife’s computer, he succeeded in accessing the data in his flash drive after a few attempts. He quickly backed up the data. It was only when subsequent attempts to use the flash drive on his wife’s computer failed did it suddenly dawn on him that God had “resurrected” his flash drive that one time, just for him to recover his data!

Beloved, I believe that we would all worry a lot less and enjoy our lives a lot more if only we realized this truth: Our Abba Father is so strong that there is nothing He cannot do, and He is so loving that there is nothing He will not do for us! Morning.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hi guys. Pls I need the chords to I Came by Marvin Sapp. the keyboardist was sick on this jam. Been battling with the song all day and I just can't seem to get the bridge and the ending part.

cc: Dramadiddy, Pianistsegz200 and all others who can play the song. Thanks!!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2015
kingobozy:
Hi guys. Pls I need the chords to I Came by Marvin Sapp. the keyboardist was sick on this jam. Been battling with the song all day and I just can't seem to get the bridge and the ending part.

cc: Dramadiddy, Pianistsegz200 and all others who can play the song. Thanks!!

Add me on Whatsapp
D song is on Ab minor Dats where the intro was played and dey got on E maj while playing the intro before starting on Ab major and definitely dey still got to Ab minor...I will play d song and tell d process of getting it dere and den explain d Brain behind dere movement. it's all in the Circles
Shalom
Add me on Instagram:@johnsonkeyz
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Add me on Whatsapp
D song is on Ab minor Dats where the intro was played and dey got on E maj while playing the intro before starting on Ab major and definitely dey still got to Ab minor...I will play d song and tell d process of getting it dere and den explain d Brain behind dere movement. it's all in the Circles
Shalom
Add me on Instagram:@johnsonkeyz

pls wats ur number? or u can add me wit 08067146780. I hv bin able 2 get d intro nd a d beginning. just have issues wit the mid parts of d song nd m nt 2 gud playin shout music that's why I'm findin it difficult.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:18am On Sep 04, 2015
kingobozy:

pls wats ur number? or u can add me wit 08067146780. I hv bin able 2 get d intro nd a d beginning. just have issues wit the mid parts of d song nd m nt 2 gud playin shout music that's why I'm findin it difficult.
Will add U
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
Will add U
alright. Awaiting your feedback.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:26am On Sep 12, 2015
My guys dem, I don miss una oh! Well I'm on a long holiday now so I have enough time to share a lot with you guys. This morning we will be treating "substitution by harmonic content".

Now what does this mean?

This simply means : rearranging the notes of a particular chord you want to play, to give it a quite different sound and also give you a phat sound. Now look at this little illustration with a maj13 chord in a 7-3-6 progression on key Db :

7- E Bb//E A D

3- F A//Eb Ab Db

6- G D F//A Bb D F

Now we are laying emphasis on the 7 and 6 chord actually.

The 7 chord is a Cdom13 with notes : C E G Bb D A.
Substitution by harmonic content means, rearranging these notes in another way of your choice in which I got E Bb// E A D.

Now the 6 chord is a Bbmaj13 with notes : Bb D F A C G

Which I rearranged to get G D F// A Bb D F.

Someone would think I just played Gmin9 from nowhere haha, it is actually related to Bb by "harmonic content".

Happy weekend guys!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Dramadiddy:
My guys dem, I don miss una oh! Well I'm on a long holiday now so I have enough time to share a lot with you guys. This morning we will be treating "substitution by harmonic content".

Now what does this mean?

This simply means : rearranging the notes of a particular chord you want to play, to give it a quite different sound and also give you a phat sound. Now look at this little illustration with a maj13 chord in a 7-3-6 progression on key Db :

7- E Bb//E A D

3- F A//Eb Ab Db

6- G D F//A Bb D F

Now we are laying emphasis on the 7 and 6 chord actually.

The 7 chord is a Cdom13 with notes : C E G Bb D A.
Substitution by harmonic content means, rearranging these notes in another way of your choice in which I got E Bb// E A D.

Now the 6 chord is a Bbmaj13 with notes : Bb D F A C G

Which I rearranged to get G D F// A Bb D F.

Someone would think I just played Gmin9 from nowhere haha, it is actually related to Bb by "harmonic content".

Happy weekend guys!

Cool!

Can you talk about how to play hymns using the blues scale?

Cc:pianistsegz200 et al.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Karleb:

Cool!

to learn how to use scales.. You need to learn scale patterns...try and get any jazz improvisation book.. Learn d scale patterns for any scale
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
GoodNews!!! For Intermediate and Advanced Piano player/Musicians...The Very much awaited "Advanced Piano Tutorial Course DVD by Johnsonkeyz" is finally out for sale in two modes HardCopy(#DVD) and Softcopy available to Google Drive Users...It's comprises of 9 sessions featuring Practically taught application of Tritone, Quartals, Diatones,Jazz Chords, Contemporary left handed Chords, Runs, Fills, Phat Chords and Bonus Track "How to play the Salsa Beat"...
The DVD both Hardcopy/Softcopy also comes with a well detailed CHORD SHEET pdf which contains theoretical backings to everything taught in the Video...will be sent to Ur Mail
Trust Me U don't want to Miss this Package
The Trailer link on youtube Check:

To Purchase DVD or Soft copy on (GoogleDrive) available for people in Nigeria and outside Nigeria
Contact Johnsonkeyz
Tel No:+2347037367597
+2348110835146
WhatsApp :+2347037367597
Instagram: @johnsonkeyz
Facebook Page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=934404249903763&refid=52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__tn__=C

IT's Time to take Your Piano playing to the Level after the next level
Grab Ur Copy Now!!!!!!!
Pls Rebroadcast
Shalom
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
Karleb:

Cool!

Howdy Brethren welldone ooO Longest time
There is a section in our Advanced DVD that actually covers that sha Adding ur tritones with Blue scale and den making Ur melody out of it
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
@ Pianistsegz200 Nice job you're doing making instructional videos and all that. I've watch most of your videos on youtube I even subscribed to your channel but here are a few things I feel you need to work on when recording your next video.

Improve on the Video quality I got to say that your videos are very enlightening and personally I have learnt a couple of tricks from it but the video quality is poor. Use a camcorder that has a higher mega pixel. Since you're selling your services it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest by getting a camcorder that will give you a better image quality and pay off in the long run.

Stationally position your camera Most advance piano instructional videos position the camera to face only the keyboard from an Aerial view (bird eye) that way every note played by the instructor can be visible. Avoid giving it to someone with shaky hands cos most times they don't capture the full scape of the piano.

Spend more time in breaking down the chords I sent one of your videos I downloaded from youtube to one of my choir member who just starting learning the keyboard and he loved what you played but lamented cos he couldn't make out the chords said you were to fast and didn't breakdown most of the things you played. I had to breakdown what you played to him. Your DVD tutorials are most likely going to be purchased by beginners so I'd advice that you break it down to the simplest form so they can get the full value of your lessons and be more motivated to purchase subsequent lessons.

Here are just observations from a avid follower of your work.
PS: You still haven't given me your whatsapp contacts.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
kingobozy:
@ Pianistsegz200 Nice job you're doing making instructional videos and all that. I've watch most of your videos on youtube I even subscribed to your channel but here are a few things I feel you need to work on when recording your next video.

Improve on the Video quality I got to say that your videos are very enlightening and personally I have learnt a couple of tricks from it but the video quality is poor. Use a camcorder that has a higher mega pixel. Since you're selling your services it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest by getting a camcorder that will give you a better image quality and pay off in the long run.

Stationally position your camera Most advance piano instructional videos position the camera to face only the keyboard from an Aerial view (bird eye) that way every note played by the instructor can be visible. Avoid giving it to someone with shaky hands cos most times they don't capture the full scape of the piano.

Spend more time in breaking down the chords I sent one of your videos I downloaded from youtube to one of my choir member who just starting learning the keyboard and he loved what you played but lamented cos he couldn't make out the chords said you were to fast and didn't breakdown most of the things you played. I had to breakdown what you played to him. Your DVD tutorials are most likely going to be purchased by beginners so I'd advice that you break it down to the simplest form so they can get the full value of your lessons and be more motivated to purchase subsequent lessons.

Here are just observations from a avid follower of your work.
PS: You still haven't given me your whatsapp contacts.

Good Point but actually all this affects our free videos on youtube which have been done sometimes ago safe for the recent shed and Jams sessions clips I uploaded we tried to take all dis point into consideration in the Paid Tutorials DVD coz since people will be paying which some Cool followers have started buying mostly outside Nigeria we had to cool down explain the stuffs in there. The Trailers on youtube just shows some of the stuffs taught inside the DVD but the full Tutorial is on the DVD. Solutions have been written down nd some have been implemented and others very soon U will agree with me this things are easier to say but the Action requires serious money and we are in Nigeria...It Can only get better so bear with us for now....
Secondly we Ave Three different level of DVD for sales now
...D One U talked about was for beginners we also Ave DVD for Intermediate and for Advanced Players which I will enjoy you to get to as much as U will see things u already know there are others u will love to learn to....Like I tell people one of the best thing u can do to ur self is to keep adding Value to anything you do...Cool

D Video U Claimed to send to the Choir member was sure more than he/she coz dey are not for beginners we Ave another channels for that so that's why people in that range most likely will see that like a Magic it's quite advanced mean the Approach...We already Ave DVD for Beginners like people dat don't even know what the Piano is but wanna learn from Scratch...First step....
Lastly, For my Whatsapp contact check the youtube videos or the Ads. U'll get it there
Shalom

You are also free to Rebroadcast the Ads
Once again thanks for Ur Observations they have been Noted.

Follow On Instagram
@johnsonkeyz
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Howdy Brethren welldone ooO Longest time
There is a section in our Advanced DVD that actually covers that sha Adding ur tritones with Blue scale and den making Ur melody out of it

I'm good. I can see your ministry has moved to another level.

I'd very much love to get your DVD but the issue is the distance and/or data to download the soft copy.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:29am On Sep 15, 2015
Karleb:

I'm good. I can see your ministry has moved to another level.

I'd very much love to get your DVD but the issue is the distance and/or data to download the soft copy.
Good Day
Where do U Reside!bro
Planning on working it out with Jumia very soon but before then we can still make some things to work...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:37am On Sep 15, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Good Day
Where do U Reside!bro
Planning on working it out with Jumia very soon but before then we can still make some things to work...

Ikare Akoko, Ondo State.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Hey brothers can anyone put me through something on keyboard. If yes pls drop me ur whatsapp number. Mine is 08100805849.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Good Point but actually all this affects our free videos on youtube which have been done sometimes ago safe for the recent shed and Jams sessions clips I uploaded we tried to take all dis point into consideration in the Paid Tutorials DVD coz since people will be paying which some Cool followers have started buying mostly outside Nigeria we had to cool down explain the stuffs in there. The Trailers on youtube just shows some of the stuffs taught inside the DVD but the full Tutorial is on the DVD. Solutions have been written down nd some have been implemented and others very soon U will agree with me this things are easier to say but the Action requires serious money and we are in Nigeria...It Can only get better so bear with us for now....
Secondly we Ave Three different level of DVD for sales now
...D One U talked about was for beginners we also Ave DVD for Intermediate and for Advanced Players which I will enjoy you to get to as much as U will see things u already know there are others u will love to learn to....Like I tell people one of the best thing u can do to ur self is to keep adding Value to anything you do...Cool

D Video U Claimed to send to the Choir member was sure more than he/she coz dey are not for beginners we Ave another channels for that so that's why people in that range most likely will see that like a Magic it's quite advanced mean the Approach...We already Ave DVD for Beginners like people dat don't even know what the Piano is but wanna learn from Scratch...First step....
Lastly, For my Whatsapp contact check the youtube videos or the Ads. U'll get it there
Shalom

You are also free to Rebroadcast the Ads
Once again thanks for Ur Observations they have been Noted.

Follow On Instagram
@johnsonkeyz

Nice!! Good job
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
kingobozy:

Nice!! Good job
Thanks Bro
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Karleb:

Ikare Akoko, Ondo State.

Ondo is not far now let's talk on whatsapp
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Simple 251 in the key of F Major

2. LH. GDA....RH. Bb D F A.
5. "LH. C G...RH... Bb Db E A....
1 LH...F CG...RH....ACEG

Johnsonkeyz
Follow on Instagram
@johnsonkeyz
Happy Tuesday
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2015
Check Out Preachers Chord here

https://instagram.com/p/7rsyusoNuo/
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2015
The Chord for the Week by SimonKeyz Day star Check it Out

https://instagram.com/p/7rslzRQRqx/

Tantalising
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by IBNgemini: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
pls...am in need of sinach I know who I am chords progression,the one I saw on the internet wasn't really cool..I just have from this moment till sunday pls...
cc, pianistsegz,dramadiddy,gameboi,Kaleb,etc
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2015
Kingdom News!
LiVE in Ibadan, Nigeria

Worship Experience Live 2015
with Pst. Moji Alawiye (PMA)

Ft. Rev. Sam Alawiye, Evang. Ebenezer Obey, Dr. Panam Percy Paul, Bishop (Dr) Francis Wale Oke, Pst. Kingsley Ike, Evang. Damola Adesina... And other Anointed Ministers of God across the Nation

Theme: NOTABLE Miracles
Date: Friday 25th; Sept. 2015
Time: 9:00am WORSHIPPER'S Conference
9:00pm FESTIVAL of Praise
Venue: New Camp David (Worship City), km 9, Ojoo/Arulogun Rd, Ibadan, Nigeria.
Ticket: FREE

Expectation & Celebrity Carpet: Bamilaw of BMNetwork Africa

For Seat Reservation &Sponsorship, pls call +234(0)7060727282/+234(0)837232452
Info@pmaworld.com
www.worshipexperiencelive.com
www.pmaworld.com

#Spread the News Neighbour-to-Neighbour...
#Anticipate Notable Miracle
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:26am On Sep 19, 2015
IBNgemini:
pls...am in need of sinach I know who I am chords progression,the one I saw on the internet wasn't really cool..I just have from this moment till sunday pls...

I believe it's 1 5 6 4 / Doh Soh Lah Fah just like Bob Marley's no woman no cry.

It's not that you'll play the progression all through though.

Lemme await what my bosses have to say.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2015
IBNgemini:

okay try playing this progression : do-so-re-fa
With ur do as d d// s d m

So re//s t r

Re la d//d m f l

F d//d f s d
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2015
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE : SUNDAY 20th SEPTEMBER 2015
THEME : THE BEGINNING OF BEGINNINGS
Memorise:
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8

Read: John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Almighty God is so great, mighty, powerful, glorious and all-knowing that He is unlimited, unlike mortal men. He has access to the past, present and future of every event. Jesus in Revelation 1:8 declared:
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

The word "Alpha" in this declaration refers to the beginning of beginnings. When everything began, it was in His presence. John 1:2 says the Word was in the beginning with God. He was there when everything was formed, and as a result, He can trace the historical links of everything to where it all started. He is still in control of the past, so He can interfere with it in order to give you a better tomorrow.
He knows exactly how things will turn out; hence it is best to always stick with His decisions. Before He gives counsel on any matter, He looks at the situation from the angles of the past, present and future, within the context of His purpose for your life. This is why those who factor His decisions into their lives are wise (Proverbs 3:5-7).

Even if something goes wrong with such a decision down the line, because He is involved, and all the power and resources available in the universe belong to Him, He will tinker with things and get them to work in your favour (Romans 8:28). How often do you let Him into your decisions?

In the sphere of human existence, today is a product of yesterday. If you are a professional today, it is because you spent time being trained in school yesterday. If you have graduated from the university with a first-class honours degree, it is because you invested quality time into studying. If you are doing menial jobs as a cleaner or messenger, it is most likely because of your lack of access to an education or because you did not invest enough time in schooling. If you are suffering today, it is most likely as a result of what you did or did not do in the past. This is why you should be very careful with what you do today.

Also, have tomorrow in view before taking that decision today. Thirdly, get connected with the only One who can go into your past to help your present. Do you know the Alpha and Omega? Are you connected with the Beginning of beginnings?

Prayer Point:
Father, go into my past and correct any error working against me today, and make my tomorrow great.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : LEVITICUS 4:13-6:7 and 1 CORINTHIANS 4
AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.