Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195364 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
Giannakopoulos: We are friends but nothing works
what does he say when you request for touches on your sound?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Giannakopoulos(f): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dramadiddy: what does he say when you request for touches on your sound?
defends his actions,
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
Giannakopoulos: defends his actions,
that can be hard it takes exposure for people to change sha... I was in a church like yours then i didnt even win at convincing him the sound was so crappy..
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by emaxadey(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2014
talking fingers in the building yeaa
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2014
gameboi: na wa oh! I've never collected money in all the churches I've played for.
same here... but i just started collecting money of recent, bro responsibilities are there to meet naw. u can't ask every little cash u need 4rm ur parents... dats why i cllect money.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
emaxadey: talking fingers in the building yeaa
Boss na ground i dey o
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
lilhansome: same here... but i just started collecting money of recent, bro responsibilities are there to meet naw. u can't ask every little cash u need 4rm ur parents... dats why i cllect money.
i dont see anything wrong in receiving payments being a consistent pianist of the church
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
lilhansome: same here... but i just started collecting money of recent, bro responsibilities are there to meet naw. u can't ask every little cash u need 4rm ur parents... dats why i cllect money.
I understand you. Maybe it's 'cos You're not exposed to big ocassions where there are probably better instrumentalist waiting in line to play. In such cases, you won't even ask for money but hope that you get a chance to exhibit your skills to the large audience and probably hook-up with richer suitors. I've experienced such before and I can tell you that it's better.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lilil u must comment ooo
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
gameboi: I understand you. Maybe it's 'cos You're not exposed to big ocassions where there are probably better instrumentalist waiting in line to play. In such cases, you won't even ask for money but hope that you get a chance to exhibit your skills to the large audience and probably hook-up with richer suitors. I've experienced such before and I can tell you that it's better.
bro you're right and he's also right... But before I say something, what do you exactly mean by "suitors"
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dramadiddy: bro you're right and he's also right... But before I say something, what do you exactly mean by "suitors"
the people I'm currently teaching how to play drums and keyboard.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
gameboi: the people I'm currently teaching how to play drums and keyboard.
sorry what's your age range, give me an interval of 5 thanks
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dramadiddy: Lilil u must comment ooo
Alright...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dramadiddy: sorry what's your age range, give me an interval of 5 thanks
I'm going on 17. What do you mean by an interval of five? do you mean as with a keyboard?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
gameboi: I'm going on 17. What do you mean by an interval of five? do you mean as with a keyboard?
don't worry you wrote the age already... I already gave you an epistle of a reply but it wiped off without posting so I'm just gonna shorten this one.. Well... What I was saying was music is endless... Skill in piano takes years... But this same skill is what attracts suitors as you desire... But then again, connections matter... I know of an extreeeemely skilled pianist... But i dont even think he has students neither connections... And when I mean skilled i mean skilled... He has all the hymns you can think of all in his head.. Thousands of jazz phrases... He is well versed with chords... But bro, connections matter... But at this stage of learning,if you decide to start connecting when you have not had the arsenal of chords and scales in your head, it's just gonna spoil things for you.. I've met with sammi okposo's drummer one time this year... He asked for my number... I knew he wasn't gonna call but I have his number... I'm not in the level i wanna be... If i call him nw, he's gonna be like "oooohhh hwfr come to x y z and lets jam na".. And then i go when i know im not good enough?.. This person im talking about travels out with sammi okposo anywhere he goes... But i just dont wanna begin the connecting yet... I wanna keep practicing until i get what i want... I'm not saying you should be perfect but there's a level you get to that is just ok
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Finding the key to any song in seconds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zm9-YtDGqA&ctp=CC4QpDAYASITCPyTvv_sjcACFQjYwgodszoAqFIPamVybWFpbmUgR3JpZ2dz&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google... To download this video, just delete the "http://m." and insert "ss"... So it becomes "ssyoutube.com...." happy downloading!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dramadiddy: don't worry you wrote the age already... I already gave you an epistle of a reply but it wiped off without posting so I'm just gonna shorten this one.. Well... What I was saying was music is endless... Skill in piano takes years... But this same skill is what attracts suitors as you desire... But then again, connections matter... I know of an extreeeemely skilled pianist... But i dont even think he has students neither connections... And when I mean skilled i mean skilled... He has all the hymns you can think of all in his head.. Thousands of jazz phrases... He is well versed with chords... But bro, connections matter... But at this stage of learning,if you decide to start connecting when you have not had the arsenal of chords and scales in your head, it's just gonna spoil things for you.. I've met with sammi okposo's drummer one time this year... He asked for my number... I knew he wasn't gonna call but I have his number... I'm not in the level i wanna be... If i call him nw, he's gonna be like "oooohhh hwfr come to x y z and lets jam na".. And then i go when i know im not good enough?.. This person im talking about travels out with sammi okposo anywhere he goes... But i just dont wanna begin the connecting yet... I wanna keep practicing until i get what i want... I'm not saying you should be perfect but there's a level you get to that is just ok
I understand what you're saying. But, trust me! You don't want to know when I started playing full praise and worship songs on keyboard. I could remember when I played at QIC, Funsho williams avenue, the Pastor there was like 'who's your Father?' 'I need to put you on youtube' and all those ish. And now I realised that music is just so wide that you can't even practise all what you learn. There was a time when one of my students showed me a piano skill I had learnt and forgotten. My God! Na so teacher turn to student oh. I had to beg him to teach me all over again.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
gameboi: I understand what you're saying. But, trust me! You don't want to know when I started playing full praise and worship songs on keyboard. I could remember when I played at QIC, Funsho williams avenue, the Pastor there was like 'who's your Father?' 'I need to put you on youtube' and all those ish. And now I realised that music is just so wide that you can't even practise all what you learn. There was a time when one of my students showed me a piano skill I had learnt and forgotten. My God! Na so teacher turn to student oh. I had to beg him to teach me all over again.
yeah bro... Just pray when making some decisions cos you'll seem wrong to some people at times.. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Learn to playy the folk song "idi nma"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj2fqxyIaEY&ctp=CCgQpDAYBCITCKnR9-H2jcACFQaqwgodOEsAZFILcG9rZXl0aXZpdHk%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Learn how to play "I will dance like david danced" in a salsa way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ermi5yRGnBU&ctp=CCUQpDAYBSITCKnR9-H2jcACFQaqwgodOEsAZFILcG9rZXl0aXZpdHk%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Woo your audience when going for an audition with this http://m.youtube.com/view_comment?v=L6eCSUyEuMU&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google... Thats if you can learn it ooo... No go break ur hand i no dy ooo lol

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wow your audience when going for an audition this song is the normal song we know "I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back" https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D1594207_158_45388448

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Kesie you must say something ooo! *holds her*
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2014
Coolhunk you should check out those tutorials above
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by PADOSKY667(m): 5:07am On Aug 13, 2014
Nice thread!as for me,am stil learning due on my own sort.could u help me out wit important tips and guild lines my guy? :DNice thread!as for me,am stil learning due on my own sort.could u help me out wit important tips and guild lines my guy?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by suwailad(f): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2014
I thought i would learn how to play notes on keyboard here, but all i see is just talks. Anyone teaching on notes on how to play the keys?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.