Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Guyana - Telling It As It Is - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guyana - Telling It As It Is (15366 Views)

About Guyana, Caribbean Island, South America.. / Living In Guyana / Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
I'm Guyanese born, groomed and breed.
If you are leaving Nigeria, Ghana or any other nation because you would like to make quick money in Guyana. It's the wrong place to come. Poor Guyanese are going to other countries for the same purpose.
If you would like to start your life all over again, go to school, gain a passport with more international visa privileges than Ghana and Nigeria then Guyana can be a possible destination.
The education is affordable and accepted in many places globally. You should have your own money for your upkeep or have a reliable sponsor to be able to live and study in Guyana.
Guyana has a similar culture to Ghana and Nigeria but is still more Westernised compared to both countries.
Guyanese are generally friendly and hospital so if you treat them right, they will treat you right.
Guyana only has 750,000 people so if anyone start a spree of lies, they will quickly be found out and you will be scorned by all.
Our education institutions are not large because there is no need for it to be large. The size is large enough to suit it's population.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by houstonia(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Talk to the Ghanians, we Nigerians chose wisely. We don't run, we simply go where business is favourable and dominate.

11 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by ugsams(m): 7:58am On Jul 16, 2014
OP, continue with the topic I want to learn more about Guyana.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
To all, please feel free to ask any question about Guyana. This topic was created to help people to make a reasonable decision if they decide to come to Guyana. I have seen quite a few people from the two countries I mentioned, especially Nigerians travel to Guyana with limited information and were disappointed. I love Nigerians too much and don't want others to make the similar mistake. One most have adequate funds or be sponsored by someone with adequate funds to survive in Guyana.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by chemashie(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Where is Guyana located on the map and what about coming for tourism alone and not to look for job or stay permanently?

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
what is Guyana and where is Guyana located? Is guyana africans or of african origin?

There is a saying that goes like this. Nigeria is definitely everywhere. If there is any country you cant find a nigeria then know that they are killing nigerians there.

Iran, iraq, pakistan etc nigerians are living there. Nigeria can definitely live in any part of the world, Be it poor or whatever.

Maybe because of our population. Maybe you are not aware nigeria is about 170,000,000 people. So its very easy to find us anywhere.

Like you said, You love nigerians... why do you love nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 1:59am On Jul 18, 2014
At chemashie, Guyana is located on the North-eastern continent of the South American Continent. Of course, you can come to Guyana as a tourist. It has an awesome rain forest but the best thing about Guyana is it's people. So, if you're looking to meet simply friendly people, then come to Guyana.

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 2:05am On Jul 18, 2014
@ Joel3, Guyana is located on the North-eastern continent of the South American Continent. It is like a small Nigeria with less drama - you know what I mean. Many Guyanese are descendants of African slaves so the second largest population in Guyana are Afro-Guyanese. Ah Joel3, I love Nigerians because of an experience I've had. They can be difficult but if you get to know them well, they are cool. I just love Nigerians. They drive me crazy at times but we're always friends. Yes, Nigerians are everyone and there are a few in Guyana. The Deputy Vice-chancellor of the University of Guyana is Nigerian-born.

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 6:18am On Jul 18, 2014
umm i see. Maybe you have a friend who date a nigeria and thats why. I suspect.

Anyway Nigerians have different behaviors. Because we are of different ethic and regions. But the people that travel a lot and that can be seen almost everywhere are people from the southern part of nigeria which I come from.

I have been to india, and Yes, and what I found out myself is that many foreigners who test dating a nigeria cannot live or do without a nigeria anymore. They must find another nigeria and I don't know why maybe because I am a nigeria. even people from africa countries like kenya, ghana, zimbabwe and south africa e.t.c in india they school there and yet they can die to have their nigeria boy friend back. Nigerians are happy people and things happens anywhere they are.

Nigeria boys most especially from the southern part live life like the black americans, they spend money lavishly, they drink and smoked a lot, they club and put not much values on life and money when they have it to spend. And most of who don't place value to rules and laws that much. They are law breakers anywhere they go 80%.

Yes i see foreign girls Flocking over nigerians. Maybe because of their bravery or the way they spend money. Or the way they love and carry women. I am I nigeria so I don't know why they actually like nigerians.

But sure it has alot to do with life style and the way nigeria make love with them. Nigeria can be love demanding.

The majority who hate nigeria are people who just hate for no reason. jealousy and Mostly what they were told about nigerians and to stay clear from nigerians.

Now over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2014
i remember guyana vividly. That crazy american preacher jimmy jones that killed all his 929 members and himself in a mass suicide in 1978. i have always been fascinated about that place
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
Joel3, yes I agree with everything you said. I have experienced Nigerians like Guyanese to be generally outspoken but Nigerians can appear a bit more aggressive, but that is their nature. Everything here is my own experience. I've heard many things about Nigerians but I know that there're good and bad people everywhere. A Nigerian man can be a fever in someone's life that won't go away. One has to decide if she will live with the fever or take medicine. In other words, one is left with the feeling with run for your life or stay with the dude. I like the men because though some of them make lying a hobby, if one is wise, one can decipher all the lies. Generally the liars are those seeking survival and thinks that lying is the only way to survive. When some Nigerian men interact with Western culture, they think that lies will make them get what they want. What they don't realise is that a Western women more or less would help her man. She only becomes upset if he is not grateful and very controlling. A Nigerian man is powerful in every sense of the word. I need not go into details for you could guess what I mean. Please bear in mind that my views are biased because I've only experienced one Nigerian man at a close level. All other Nigerian men and women have been general associates of mind as members in a similar organisation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nicholls2013, yes many people associate Guyana with the Jim Jones incident. I normally have to remind them that Jim Jones was a United States of America citizen and not Guyanese - lol
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
yes, would love to knw more about guyana tho
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
umm. I see

I know where you are comming from. The nigeria scammers right? who lied to get something or hopping to get something right? If you have anything else just say them out here. this forum is open for any discussion. We nigerians don't take things personal. We can even laugh and talk about how bad our country is or maybe you can go round this forum to see for yourself. Despite what the whole world think or have said about nigerians still we live like we don't care. Nigeria is still raining every where. Nigeria is not a poor country but has bad leadership. The 10 richest black people in the world, about 5 nigerians are among.

Well I agree with you in some ways.

Let me say this, Most Nigerians has this hustling spirit to get money anyhow and very quick due to the new culture here, only few want to start small and slowly.

and even if it take them to be trickling. Yes they scam some western women off there money. and this westerners might think that all nigeria men are bad and not nice with women.. Right?. The funny side is that the money the nigeria picked out from the western women he is also using it to have a good time with another woman somewhere. Haha.

The intention first is build from the beginning to dupe her. Which means the relationship is a lie from start and the nigeria believe to take it anywhere, the truth is that nigerians won't get any help or any money from these women if not for lies. I am not justifying the act. But that's it. The westerners think of their interest alone. What they will get so those lies and promise is the way to rip them off.

But if a nigeria want to love westernner genuinely I tell you it will be the best thing that ever happens to her.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by shollyboy2: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
How can One simply get their visa since, Guyana does not have an Embassy down here.. do they offer a cable Visa??... i once applied at the University of Guyana few years ago.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by shollyboy2: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
But na wa for you.. @ Joel3......dont judge every apple in a basket cos one or two apple is bad,

Joel3: umm. I see
I know where you are comming from. The nigeria scammers right? who lied to get something or hopping to get something right? If you have anything else just say them out here. this forum is open for any discussion. We nigerians don't take things personal. We can even laugh and talk about how bad our country is or maybe you can go round this forum to see for yourself. Despite what the whole world think or have said about nigerians still we live like we don't care. Nigeria is still raining every where. Nigeria is not a poor country but has bad leadership. The 10 richest black people in the world, about 5 nigerians are among.
Well I agree with you in some ways.
Let me say this, Most Nigerians has this hustling spirit to get money anyhow and very quick due to the new culture here, only few want to start small and slowly.
and even if it take them to be trickling. Yes they scam some western women off there money. and this westerners might think that all nigeria men are bad and not nice with women.. Right?. The funny side is that the money the nigeria picked out from the western women he is also using it to have a good time with another woman somewhere. Haha.
The intention first is build from the beginning to dupe her. Which means the relationship is a lie from start and the nigeria believe to take it anywhere, the truth is that nigerians won't get any help or any money from these women if not for lies. I am not justifying the act. But that's it. The westerners think of their interest alone. What they will get so those lies and promise is the way to rip them off.
But if a nigeria want to love westernner genuinely I tell you it will be the best thing that ever happens to her.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
shollyboy2: But na wa for you.. @ Joel3......dont judge every apple in a basket cos one or two apple is bad,

kindly un quote me... Next time say anything you want to say without a quote to me. Kindly undo that.

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Joel3, I get you, a good Nigerian guy is great but even the bad ones could be great in some respects. However, not all Western women think about themselves. In fact, I'll talk for myself not anyone else. I would have no problem helping anyone who is genuine. I find it very immature when people like to get stuff but of course, I can understand your point of view also. Squandering money is also something that I don't like. If the scammers would put the money to good use, I don't mind but many of them put it to no use and always return to zero and start the lying and begging all over again. I guess they enjoy that lifestyle but I could be wrong. Anyhow, I tend to focus on the positive. There are good people and bad people everywhere so I would not bad-mouth Nigerians online because of what others say or experience. I'm certain that Guyanese have done bad stuff around the world too but not all are bad. I simply love some Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Shollyboy2, there is no Guyanese Embassy in Nigeria. You must get a Guyanese to invite you and as such, you can be given a visa on arrival. Also, yes you can obtain a student visa after acceptance at an accredited full time institution in Guyana.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
@dd25251, i think you are right. The isue is that those who make good use of money dont do scams. Only does who cant.

For instance There are only few people who can handle money that way. there is a gift of handling money, inbuilt and inborn, if you don't have such gift you can't. its a spirit and most especially money that comes big without a physical continues work it will finish.

Example: If one is working and he is getting paid regularly that is a countininues job and that is good and easy to handle or make good use of.

but its different for a sudden one time money no better how big it is only few people can make use of it wisely..

Someone who don't have this gift can't manage it no matter how hard they try. Take for instance the africa politicians they keep stealing money. Its a continues act. No matter the money they steal they still continue in it. And the minutes they fall out of power they go bankrupt. except for those who really steal it in billions of dollars they can't finish it until they die.

Why the money keep going down? Because there is not creativeness in making the money guinuly in them at the first place.

Also with inherited business, inherited business is likely to fail because the founder who started it from scratch and understand how it got there is no more.

so the idea is invest on someone who is already doing a small business for it to grow since he is already on it rather than giving it to someone who want to start from scratch.

Although this is not a standard bases as everyone is different and has different potentials. so you cannot tell of one ability by just looking at them until they try or you put them to test.

But it has something relating to that why scammers don't succeed. Also the economy is not friendly either.

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 2:59am On Jul 25, 2014
@Joel3, it's true if people use money obtained legally wisely, there will be no need for scamming people. Of course, we know that poverty exist everywhere and even with wise you, there will be a lack in some cases. However, I'm talking about those who can do better but continue to acquire much funds, squander it and keep looking for a new scam. They never have enough and always return to zero. The fool and his money shall soon part. This characteristic is not limited to any one country but to every country globally. Guyana has it's share too. Guyanese tend to be very friendly and polite. They say good morning, good afternoon and good night at appropriate times. Like Nigeria which is hot like Guyana, outdoor life is common. People sit outdoors and have conversations or play games. Boys play football and cricket in the streets.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 3:15am On Jul 25, 2014
Hey! @dd25251 pls do u knw more abt medical schls in guyana,,and what Job can one likely do while studying..just wanted to make an enquiry!...thnks
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2014
@dd25251,

Yeah, i understand you very well. Though I'm only trying to point out other related issues in the same or similar directions.

anyway I hope you are ok with that. And things are ok with you over there.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
@holyghostfire there is the University of Guyana(UOG) (Government) and Texila Medical School (Private). I have no doubt that the University of Guyana will deliver a great program at a reasonable price. The private one, I heard is good and many African students are attending there but it's more expensive than UOG. UOG is small because remember that Guyana only has 750,000 people. Sales Clerk positions are available but wages are not great. Part-time teaching may be available but again wages are not great.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thnks very much dd25251 for ur prompt reply,I really appreciate cos is not easy to see somebody to giv a reliable information..thnks and God bless!
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 8:51am On Jul 26, 2014
@dd25251, u r a pastor, right?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by chukxie(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Dear Op:
Thanks for educating us on your country, Guyana. It's good to have you on Nairaland. I'm pleased you like Nigerians in spite of all the negative stereotypes synonymous to our great country, Nigeria. My warmest regards to all Guyanese!

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
@holyghostfire you're welcome. It's a pleasure for me to help whenever I can. God bless you too. Please have a look at www.pogmiguyana.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
@chukxie. Thank you and you're welcome. I've learnt a long time ago that there are good and bad people everywhere so I'll never put down any nation. I've had mixed experience with Nigerians so I know that they too are human and trust me of all the nations I've met, there's something about Nigerians that I really love. They are bold and not afraid to be who they are.

3 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by chukxie(m): 12:18am On Jul 28, 2014
dd25251: @chukxie. Thank you and you're welcome. I've learnt a long time ago that there are good and bad people everywhere so I'll never put down any nation. I've had mixed experience with Nigerians so I know that they too are human and trust me of all the nations I've met, there's something about Nigerians that I really love. They are bold and not afraid to be who they are.

Thanks. The world needs more people like you. People with objective views and not some clouded subjective views. Cheers!
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
@ dd25251 I've gone through ur site, infact d things I saw there is captivating. keep doing great as u spread d word of God!.. But cud u pls tell me abt french guiana and suriname
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Vicjay1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
I have heard so much about that texila medical school. I wanted to apply for my younger sis. With just her O'level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canada Or Uk / British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport / Traveling To Qatar-- A Journey To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.