Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Guyana - Telling It As It Is - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guyana - Telling It As It Is (15362 Views)

About Guyana, Caribbean Island, South America.. / Living In Guyana / Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Eke40seven(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2014
ronaldreagan26: Eke40seven; good post you have up there,please paragraph your writeup for easy assimilation, comprehension and readership.
Thank you very much for your good observation. I had paragraphed the initial write up, however, in a word processed format (for backup purposes) before pasting it on this forum but I was too drowsy to see that it didn't reflect on the site. I will make the necessary adjustments accordingly.
Sorry for the inconveniences you encountered reading and assimilating it and thanks once again.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by ronaldreagan26: 10:36am On Aug 22, 2014
Eke40seven:
Thank you very much for your good observation. I had paragraphed the initial write up, however, in a word processed format (for backup purposes) before pasting it on this forum but I was too drowsy to see that it didn't reflect on the site. I will make the necessary adjustments accordingly.
Sorry for the inconveniences you encountered reading and assimilating it and thanks once again.

It is in a better format now, once again, it is an excellent post by you, looking forward to read from you soon.Thanks
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 6:01am On Aug 23, 2014
A pleasant day/night to all of you wonderful contributors. I promise to be more prompt with my responses given that I'm now more settled since returning to work in China.

I'm sorry for the delay in my feedback. I've been trying to manage my life here(in China) and things in Guyana from here (China).
@Amnestylaw1, black people are the second largest population in Guyana.

@Originalsly, your sentiments are shared by some Guyanese so and especially those who still live and work in Guyana.

@Eke40seven, thanks for compliments. I'm also impressed by your ability to use both standard and "broken-English". Broken English does make sweet conversation. "Who ever seh dat British chat is de best, nah man. Try we bruk up chat and you can sleep pun it or roll over wit nuff laff. It could finish don any straight-up linguist" Wow, we share the same word "backside" to mean the rear-end of the anatomy.

The media can finish don any nation with one crazy act by a lunatic from our homeland. Talking about villages and their fears about inter-ethnic marriages is similar to Guyana's situation with village girls marrying city boys. Parents are afraid that city boys are too shine (smart in a negative way) for their innocent girls. However, city boys like marrying village girls because they are generally compliant unlike some city girls.

East Indian families generally have a much stronger influence on marriage relationships than black families and the other ethnic groups. East Indians tend to select spouses for their children and they have the dowry (bridal price) culture similar to some parts of Africa. However, this culture is becoming less dominant with children now choosing their own spouses.

Guyanese families are generally very closely knitted. Children tend to live with parents regardless of age until they get married and move to their own place. In some East Indian families, the spouse moves into the house of the family of the other spouse.

Guyana and it's neighbours that you mentioned get along very well except for a few land issues which they are trying to resolve through varies agreements and treaties. Quite a few Brazilians currently live in Guyana and have several business such as night clubs, bars, shops etc. They generally do diamond-mining in Guyana.

3 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 6:17am On Aug 23, 2014
Guyana's politics is not as exciting as in the past. Historically, there were many dynamic players from both the opposition and ruling parties.
Now, there's more infighting among party members that progress towards vision for the country.

However, a Guyanese becomes one when they leave Guyana(black or East Indian, ruling party or opposition).
I was in downtown New York first week in August and someone shouted out my name and district. I hadn't seen that Guyanese for over 20 years.
I was in New Jersey two years ago and an East Indian woman recognised that I was Guyanese from my accent and started telling me of all her troubles in life. She was speaking loudly and freely not caring that others in the supermarket were listening to her.

Georgetown Seawalls - It's simply the wall separating the city from the sea. If any of you ever come to Guyana, you must visit there. It's also called "Breezy Hotel". Young and old go there at nights with boyfriends, husbands or whoever and the sea and stones see and hear things that should be secret.

I guess the happenings occur in the other cities at their seawalls too.

Again, interracial marriages occur because some black women prefer only black men because they think that they are well-endowed in their anatomy of pleasure. It's the same reason that some East Indian women like black men.

However, some East Indian men in Guyana are generally very hard-working and even those without formal education know how to manage a successful business. Some black men are on the get-rich quick syndrome and therefore do not do well in business.

In Guyana, some East Indian woman marry black men because they think that they are rock hard in their pleasure zone while some black women think that black men don't know how to prepare appetizers or desserts. They only could prepare the main course.

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Dancing in Guyana - I would like to challenge a Nigerian, Ghanaian or Kenyan man to wine (gyrate) like a Guyanese man. Oh boy, Guyanese men can wine. We have several types of music but Soca music and Reggae music challenge every body part.

I even forget the East Indian Chutney music - that will blow your mind when you see an East Indian man wine. East Indian girls can also wine ooh. There are basically two categories of Guyanese in terms of music and party:
1. Party-fans - This groups are die-hard party-goers that don't miss a weekend jam even a week-day jam.
2. Occasional party-fans - This group only goes out based on the mood.
3. Stay-homers - This group finds pleasure in solitude and suggest that staying at home puts them in higher-moral class than groups 1 and 2.

Groups 1 and 2 don't care what group 3 thinks and they consider group 3 people to be social bores. Generally, Guyanese men love women from group 3.

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by MSEdLAW(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
@ dd25251 am awed at your narrative renditions of your home country GUYANA, AND HUMBLED BY YOUR INDIFFERENCE to the ugly and demeaning stereotypes Nigerians are usually associated with. I respect your highly matured and well informed opinion that we find good and bad people every where on the globe irrespective of creed, color, tribe or race. i would certainly love to visit Guyana someday..may be settle there. if you wouldnt mind i would love to relate with you on personal terms, your modest and scintillating personality speaks of you.. thanks
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 8:03am On Aug 25, 2014
@MSEdLAW thanks for your compliment.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by evavista: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
@dd25251 happy birthday
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Eke40seven(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Happy birthday dd25251
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
@Evavista and Eke40seven, thank you for the birthday greeting.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Biobele001(f): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
dd25251, thank you for this thread. I shall take my time and study through it.

God willing, I would be travelling to Guyana soon. I've just been admitted into Texila's 4 years MD program.

To all: Kindly share all you know about the school. With a B. Sc in Human Anatomy, how easily can I access a job? How about the cost of living (accommodation, feeding, transport, communication, etc) per year?

Kindly educate me please..

Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by lillaowow(m): 9:03am On Sep 13, 2014
Biobele001: dd25251, thank you for this thread. I shall take my time and study through it.

God willing, I would be travelling to Guyana soon. I've just been admitted into Texila's 4 years MD program.

To all: Kindly share all you know about the school. With a B. Sc in Human Anatomy, how easily can I access a job? How about the cost of living (accommodation, feeding, transport, communication, etc) per year?

Kindly educate me please..

Thanks..

OYO!!!
Readd up on your intended skul on google or watch d. U tube. videos.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Biobele001(f): 10:49am On Sep 13, 2014
lillaowow:

OYO!!!
Readd up on your intended skul on google or watch d. U tube. videos.

Hello,

How do you mean please? Could you please provide me with facts?

What I have read is satisfactory, so far..

Share any fact you know please as this would help me (and any other Nairalander considering Texila) in making our decisions.

Thanks.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by ibe003(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nigerian with their waka waka. Which country come be guyana again all this yeye yeye country way their economy never reach only lagos state annual budget

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by cutieme(m): 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
@dd25,where art thou?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Ndoki85(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
dd25251:
Shollyboy2, there is no Guyanese Embassy in Nigeria. You must get a Guyanese to invite you and as such, you can be given a visa on arrival. Also, yes you can obtain a student visa after acceptance at an accredited full time institution in Guyana.
so can you invite me to Guyana
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Clemsilver45: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please tell me more about Guyana am interested.. If you can assist me in anyway.

quote author=Ndoki85 post=86850050]so can you invite me to Guyana[/quote]
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Clemsilver45: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ndoki85:
so can you invite me to Guyana

Please invite me. I need to come in search of greener pasture.. Am a professional wall painter
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by RuggedSniper: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
dd25251:
I'm Guyanese born, groomed and breed.
If you are leaving Nigeria, Ghana or any other nation because you would like to make quick money in Guyana. It's the wrong place to come. Poor Guyanese are going to other countries for the same purpose.
If you would like to start your life all over again, go to school, gain a passport with more international visa privileges than Ghana and Nigeria then Guyana can be a possible destination.
The education is affordable and accepted in many places globally. You should have your own money for your upkeep or have a reliable sponsor to be able to live and study in Guyana.
Guyana has a similar culture to Ghana and Nigeria but is still more Westernised compared to both countries.
Guyanese are generally friendly and hospital so if you treat them right, they will treat you right.
Guyana only has 750,000 people so if anyone start a spree of lies, they will quickly be found out and you will be scorned by all.
Our education institutions are not large because there is no need for it to be large. The size is large enough to suit it's population.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Australia Skilled Independent Visa / Kaduna-kachia Road Crash Leaves Five Burnt Beyond Recognition / ****hotels And Guest Houses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.