Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? (7610 Views)

The Girl- Child's Right Of Inheritance (in Igbo Land) / Why Are Female Children Not Entitled To Inheritance From Their Parents? / Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by vikel2104: 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
It is common practice for parents to want to leave something for their children so that they can have a good future. Often times some children tend to plan their future success on the family inheritance and because of this, some of them don't want to do something for themselves.
For instance, you have this guy who is just waiting to take over his father's business and you also have this other guy who is waiting to take over his father's house when the man is no more.

What is your say on this issue?
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by fijiano202(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
Guy if my papa na babagida or atiku pls why would i stress myself for a useless job where my boss is freaking insultive

5 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by hydeka: 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
Parents can give their children what it takes to be successful in life(good education for instance).But the children should be allowed to work for their own income. That way they will value whatever inheritance they eventually get, if any.

Hear what Jackie Chan has to say about passing on his fortune to his son who likes to spend.

“If he (Jaycee) is capable, he can make his own money. If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money.”

According to Chan, if his son
was successful in capitalizing on the
advantages he has enjoyed throughout his life, he would not need an inheritance. On the other hand, if his son failed to make a success of himself, Chan stated that any money he inherited would be wasted.

Also hear Anderson Cooper the successful son of a rich woman who inherited little from his mother.
“Who has inherited a lot of money that has gone on to do things in their own life? From the time I was growing up, if I felt that there was some pot of gold waiting for me, I don’t think that I would’ve been so motivated.”

8 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by eleojo23: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2014
^^Nice points you've made
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by CharlieMaria(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2014
Y should one do DAT? I believe one should really struggle for oneself not minding the fortune that has been acquired by the parents.

4 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by superior1: 7:39am On Jul 16, 2014
no
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by hazyfm: 7:39am On Jul 16, 2014
no
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by emaboi(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Let me read first
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 16, 2014
This attitude bothers on two things,mental,and physical laziness. If the rightful owner didn't work hard to provide those things,would it be there to be inherited? Much blame should be apportioned to the parents,who always made such children have such belief-especially the lazy ones. I work myself out,and didn't believe I must make it off people's inheritance..inheriting parent's property isn't bad,hinging on it as the sole way of making it in life is the problem.. Parents should also know,they aren't successful in life,till their children are also successful...don't hinge on people,add to the family wealth..

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Afrocatalyst: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2014
That's an automatic ticket to failure. Never rely on that!

#frmexperience

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by merbenko: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2014
The only inheritance for my children is Education. Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Funbii(m): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2014
coming bck to read
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Smartsyn(m): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Not when my family inheritance does not measure with the future I envisage for myself.

7 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by snowland(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2014
Why should your future depend on what someone else labored for? I read someone above saying if his/her father is IBB or Atiku, why should he/she go through stress from an insultive boss, I want you to know that what you do not work or labour for, you will NEVER value. Yoruba will say Ile ti a f'ito mon, Iri ni yio wo ( A house built with a pinch of saliva will crumble under the sprinkle of dew).

Anyways, check my signature for the best ways to make money effortlessly. It is exclusively explosive. Check it out.[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by MillionDollars: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2014
No!!!!.
.its risky!!.
In the case of
We
The
.YORUBAs
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by dridowu: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Ok
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by ron5ke: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Smartsyn: Not when my family inheritance does not measure with the future I envisage for myself.
U said it all wink

1 Like

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 16, 2014
Smartsyn: Not when my family inheritance does not measure with the future I envisage for myself.

this guy no go kill person
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by IamChiboi(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2014
l believe in working hard for your own fortune/future irrespective of whatever fortune u stand to inherit.
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by ron5ke: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2014
U said it all wink
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by ednut1(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2014
no. but if my papa na dangote. na sleep sure pass o.

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Na today?
Family inheritance has been in existence since the days of old.
Genesis 25:5 Abraham gave everything he owned to his son Isaac.
Check out the Ford Family, Walton family, Arnault family, Glazer family.. I can go on and on.
Even Pastor Joel Osteen of the largest church in America inherited his father's church(Lakewood church)
There is absolutely nothing wrong in inheriting your family's wealth, its just better if you can make it more better

If my papa na Dangote or Adenuga, Where u think say i go dey work?? Skyebank or Aiico Insurance angry

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Chidexter(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2014
No Comments grin
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by felzylix(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2014
Am gonna start from the bottom n I' ll definitely get there
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by BrAkingNews: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
okk
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Dygeasy(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
It's easier said than done.

Let the people from rich families come on this thread and say NO.

All of you saying NO, are you from wealthy families? Is there something for you to inherit? If you're not wearing the shoes, how would you know if it fits or not?

7 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by yommyphresh(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Shebi na if person papa get wetn pikin go inherit sef. Chai! *strolls out of thread*

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Iamoilprince(m): 8:10am On Jul 16, 2014
It brings controversy and problems between family members! I rly dnt tink its a good idea
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by bizngr(f): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Please let the fortunate enjoy...

3 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Akalia(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Family inheritance can serve as a start up foundation for an individuals that has vision and is focused and not for spoilt brads. People who hinge their future on family inheritance do not most times amount to something great in life, cos they end up wasting it.

4 Likes

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by ElFenomeno1: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2014
fijiano202: Guy if my papa na babagida or atiku pls why would i stress myself for a useless job where my boss is freaking insultive
Lazy cow. You come across like someone who will do for. ......uck all if you had something left behind for your.
Thank God your grandparents are not Atiku or Babangida.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Prevent Cultural Mistakes While On Vacation / I Am Still Alive / Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.