Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (46744 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by crudedude(m): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
any word on Loki? I need to know he's safe.

I'm looking at how Marvel will pull this off in a new Thor or Avengers movie 'cause Chris H brought life to that character. in other news, A woman messing up Loki is too much torture.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by macof(m): 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
Malakh: Keep idolizing Gentiles pagan gods or deities, Thor ko sango ni

Then u should get out of this thread. You foolish Jewish puppet

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Graviton2(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
macof:

Ignore him — He doesn't appreciate the fact that we are talking about Comic heroes here, not the actual entity

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ceejay80s(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
I ain't watching!!
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Swiftboy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hahahahaha #laughing and pointing indexfinger! #tears rolling down! #rolling on the floor! grin grin grin YOU'RE BAD I SWEAR
Csami: My favorite marvel character will soon become a woman, GREAT!
While they will be working on blue hulk and that character no one seems to relate to. I mean, no one favorite hero(captain america), then this will be the new face of iron man.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Emmaomotob(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ladies who can't even match a 18year old guy,would be beating a man who with just a blow will send her to coma. cheesy
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Donkunxex(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dont they know dat its mostly guys dat read dose comics.. Damn the thor character.... Lets see how it goes sha... I saw s0methinq of diz s0rt on cnn last month..E3 ish
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by myspnigeria: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
I don't support this....
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
What kind of joke is this, this Marvel people are high angry

I hope this doesn't affect the next avengers : age of ultron. I hope they don't change Chris Hemsworth cos that will be pure evil
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Aida13: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wow, don't know what to say. From my days of reading my brothers' Marvel and DC comics, never thought I'd see the day of a female Thor. Or a female Iron Man. What's the world coming to? We have enough slots for authentic female comic characters. If they're too lazy to make new ones with new identities, they should recycle the little-known heroines. But to switch things up and give the hammer to a Thor woman? Total FAIL and I'm not paying money to see that!!
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
crudedude: any word on Loki? I need to know he's safe.

I'm looking at how Marvel will pull this off in a new Thor or Avengers movie 'cause Chris H brought life to that character. in other news, A woman messing up Loki is too much torture.
Seriously, Chris nailed it.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by femi4: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
That hammer is too masculine for a woman to carry

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Emmaomotob(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle: Oh screw Marvel! What the hell is "strong female character"? Like women weren't strong before? undecided
There's a reason the Buffy character will always be an all time favorite for me.

Let them just leave our male Thor. I kinda like Chris Hemsworth playing that character, and he is sexy as sin cheesy
One of the many reasons I didn't finish watching Xena,why on earth should a lady be able to beat a man who is able to send her to intensive care unit with just one furious blow?
All this so called feminists that make their emotions override sense of judgement
'My feelings about men are the result of my experience. I have little sympathy for them. Like a Jew just released from Dachau, I watch the handsome young Nazi soldier fall writhing to the ground with a bullet in his stomach and I look briefly and walk on. I don't even need to shrug. I simply don't care. What he was, as a person, I mean, what his shames and yearnings were, simply don't matter."
Marilyn French; The Woman's Room.
"All patriarchists exalt the home and family as sacred, demanding it remain inviolate from prying eyes. Men want privacy for their violations of women... All women learn in childhood that women as a sex are men's prey."
Marilyn French
"All men are rapists and that's all they are."
Marilyn French, Author; (later, advisor to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign.)
"We live, I am trying to say, in an epidemic of male violence against women."
Katha Pollitt.
"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman."
Catherine MacKinnon
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Tic4tac(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
This doesn't makes sense at all.... Rubbish... Female thor ko
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by stag: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thor a woman?! shocked

Is the uru hammer going to be remodeled?

Even gays will admit chris nailed the might Thor undecided
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by blessedgreat(f): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
For crying out extremely loudly wot in the names of all the fantasy/comic gods is this ish now? Haba im a woman but is this necessary? Are they also planning on creating a female wolverine? Haba now,haba!!!
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Emmaomotob(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
georgesylva: I am so pissed angry. The male makes more sense.
OMG! I made FP!
I want 2 1st of all give a big shout out 2 God almighty. Lol, it is not an easy somethings. 2ndly mr seun 4 allowing dis story make FP, it is my 1st in the few i have posted but there would be more. Lastly all of una jare 4 viewing n commenting.
*dancing shoki on the top of my roof*
To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking Love Machine.” -– Valerie Solanas
*.“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin
*.“Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear” — Susan Brownmiller
*.“The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.” — Sharon Stone
*.“In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.” — Catherine MacKinnon
*.“The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart
*.“Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.” – Catherine Comins
*.“All men are rapists and that’s all they are” — Marilyn French
*.“Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.” — Germaine Greer. cheesy
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by p2t2r(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
Who is thor Is she on bbm? Someone plz give me her pin.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Malakh: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
macof:

lol dumb pagans, they as dumb as their dumb idols who cant speak or hear
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
blessedgreat: For crying out extremely loudly wot in the names of all the fantasy/comic gods is this ish now? Haba im a woman but is this necessary? Are they also planning on creating a female wolverine? Haba now,haba!!!

Lol. You know Wolverine is dead in the new comics, his character is being retired.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by mfm04622: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guykhena: If this is implemented,then Marvel has officially fvcked up the Thor character...
I mean wtf

**Edited***
This doesn't mean the Known "Thor" is being transformed to a woman,it is just stated that Thor is no longer worthy to hold the Mjolnir Hammer,and "She-Thor" becomes the new Hammer holder.
Remember what is inscripted on the Hammer,"Whosoever holds this hammer,if HE be worthy shall possess the Power of Thor", in real sense She's the new worthy one(rumours say she is the half elder sister of Thor and Loki). Well we'll just have to wait for the comic book to be released,and get what's about smiley to clear our minds,Phew,,that was close..

You still read comics?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Malakh: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Graviton2:

Ignore him — He doesn't appreciate the fact that we are talking about Comic heroes here, not the actual entity
ode ni e, u should know that those are their pagan deities giving to you to idolize by hollywood, i bet he doesnt know that hollywood is derived for paganism
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’

.......Lord Odin

Nah, Thor a woman? I'll pass....
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Graviton2(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Malakh: lol dumb pagans, they as dumb as their dumb idols who cant speak or hear

I'm a Christian and I'm sure you are too — why then are you resorting to impoliteness and incivility to make your point known — even the Bible frowns on this.

If you don't like what is discussed here, there is no need to shove your immaturity in everyone's face...just unfollow the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Graviton2(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
Malakh: ode ni e, u should know that those are their pagan deities giving to you to idolize by hollywood, i bet he doesnt know that hollywood is derived for paganism

Immaturity is a terrible thing

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Waspy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
Geeks everywhere.....Gaddemit. Talk science and tech now, you no go see fly undecided
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Graviton2(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Waspy: Geeks everywhere.....Gaddemit. Talk science and tech now, you no go see fly undecided

The "geeks" are the most tech oriented, just so you know.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Malakh: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm a Christian and I'm sure you are too — why then are you resorting to impoliteness and incivility to make your point known — even the Bible frowns on this.

If you don't like what is discussed here, there is no need to shove your immaturity in everyone's face...just unfollow the thread.
u don't know what immaturity is, come drag me comot for thread na, lest i forget sun-worship, easter or goddess of fertility is pagan also, if u call yourself a christian
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Graviton2(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
Malakh: u don't know what immaturity is, come drag me comot for thread na, lest i forget sun-worship, easter or goddess of fertility is pagan also, if u call yourself a christian

Okay, keep talking — I know an immature attention-seeker when I see one, and you meet the description. You have been duly ignored.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guykhena:
Ya right,we know DC works with Transgender superheroes, check out their star hero(supes) who wears red panties ,batman black panties,Green lantern leggings,so its not new to them
lol, I've never liked DC.

I already love the new Thor can't wait to meet her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Tayo, Nigeria's Second House Mate In Big Brother Hotshot. / BBNaija: Ozo Hugs His Mum; Reunites With His Family After Eviction (Video) / Kaisha & Lucy Fight At The Big Brother Reunion Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.