Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (46746 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
I hope Comic-con attendance would find these ones more interesting than the old ones. I find nothing wrong in seeing those characters taking a different perspective. The Black Captain America is a little fat. It supposed to be relative in size to the past character. Hahaha...
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
whor lipsrsealed tongue

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
Aida13: Wow, don't know what to say. From my days of reading my brothers' Marvel and DC comics, never thought I'd see the day of a female Thor. Or a female Iron Man. What's the world coming to? We have enough slots for authentic female comic characters. If they're too lazy to make new ones with new identities, they should recycle the little-known heroines. But to switch things up and give the hammer to a Thor woman? Total FAIL and I'm not paying money to see that!!

Many will if you don't. Women are beginning to read comic books in this contemporary dispensation. You don't do things for yourself only but have others in mind to be on the move. Please, you are selfish and rude!
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oh fvck you all jare angry Why can't powerful Thor be a woman? In fact I don vex biko. Thor must be a woman! angry

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Malakh: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Graviton2:

Okay, keep talking — I know an immature attention-seeker when I see one, and you meet the description. You have been duly ignored.
u shouldnt have replied if u wanted to ignore, there u go again, u dont know what it means to ignore, now speak no more, now u r on my ignore list lol
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guykhena: If this is implemented,then Marvel has officially fvcked up the Thor character...
I mean wtf

**Edited***
This doesn't mean the Known "Thor" is being transformed to a woman,it is just stated that Thor is no longer worthy to hold the Mjolnir Hammer,and "She-Thor" becomes the new Hammer holder.
Remember what is inscripted on the Hammer,"Whosoever holds this hammer,if HE be worthy shall possess the Power of Thor", in real sense She's the new worthy one(rumours say she is the half elder sister of Thor and Loki). Well we'll just have to wait for the comic book to be released,and get what's about smiley to clear our minds,Phew,,that was close..
It makes sense, looking at the stubborn nature of the male THOR and destructive nature. Maybe, I repeat, maybe the female Thor would be a little humane and less destructive to his own empire of Asgad. I am imagining how she is going to fight those ugly frost giants.

This is going to be very interesting to watch. Let the movie begin. I am waiting for Marvel to do this with some exhilarating twists.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by chinuz(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: Think it's only Thor that will be remodelled as a female? Wrong. Iron man will be undergoing a sex change as well.

Iron Maiden will be the new name.
I reject am...instead i'd start watching just mara nd clara nd destined heart dem..any mre gender change nd i'd quit marvel supprt
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue:

This is what Thor would look like in future Marvel movies. grin grin

Kinda hot...
I know guys would definitely enjoy the female Thor than the male one. Do you know what I mean? grin cheesy cool cool cool
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Chienyego: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
lol. it won't be the first time marvel is trying to promote diversity. but my problem is the way they're going about it, taping the new identities over the old superheroes we've come to know.
it comes off as forced imho.

so far, we've had a homosexual wedding:

a half-black, half-hispanic spiderman (talk about trying too damn hard with the 'diversity')

and a muslim ms. marvel.

there is nothing wrong in having characters with such traits per se, but the problem comes when u try to force them into old superheroes who have already gained fame from being themselves the way they were. like u don't have faith in ur new characters winning the masses, so u have to trick the fans by cloaking them in the shadows of superheroes they've loved over the years. very very lame.
almost patronizing if u ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guykhena: If this is implemented,then Marvel has officially fvcked up the Thor character...
I mean wtf
Can't you see that Thor has done transgender?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Guykhena(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
mfm04622:

You still read comics?
Mind you the internet exists....
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
Csami: My favorite marvel character will soon become a woman, GREAT!
While they will be working on blue hulk and that character no one seems to relate to. I mean, no one favorite hero(captain america), then this will be the new face of iron man.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1554144_20130716173550_jpeg308590cea923fa9c48adf6ce9b2fcda2
Well, a midget Iron Man is not so bad afterall. He is in iron suit and strong enough to take on any enemy. Must the midget Iron Man has a potbelly?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Feraz(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: Think it's only Thor that will be remodelled as a female? Wrong. Iron man will be undergoing a sex change as well.

Iron Maiden will be the new name.
LMAO!!! You and Guykhena spiced up this thread. The pot bellied Captain America is just too hilarious.

Marvel Comics with ridiculous characters and power-ups!
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
na una get the time to dey watch cartoon and all dis marvel shit,,,,,abeg where did i put my lovely movie ""koto aye and isakaba""

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ridiculous! Thor cannot just become a woman. The feminist craze. Marvel has finally lost it.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Chienyego: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
imho, black widow was a strong enough female character they should have maximized on, either by focusing on her experience with the kgb, or by setting her on new adventures, not this.

this is the problem i have with many of you men doing the women empowerment thing. it comes off as very tacky, pretentious and patronizing most of the time.

i don't remember any of us telling u we wanted a female thor. our complaint is, and has always been, centered on the scandalous objectification of the female heroes in comic books, especially the skimpy, degrading outfits they're made to wear most of the time.
Psylocke comes to mind. Starfire is another one. Black canary is yet another one.
just get those sorted out and there won't be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Fernandinho: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: [img]http://3.bp..com/-yStzihm5b6k/ThJD2PSewxI/AAAAAAAABD8/y2Nvby7CmaA/s640/comi22.gif[/img]

The next Captain America. Marvel, you have my support on this future projects. The Sky is the limit now. wink

LOL. Is dat a camel toe am seeing?

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle: Oh fvck you all jare angry Why can't powerful Thor be a woman? In fact I don vex biko. Thor must be a woman! angry
Uju is a girl, has always been a girl. Can she wake up one day as a guy? Maybe. If she doesn't mind, what of friends and family?

Thor is a man, has been a man. Turning him to a woman is an insult on fan intelligence. Why not create more female superheroes instead of messing up with the ones people already know?

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hope Loki becomes female too. angry
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: Uju is a girl, has always been a girl. Can she wake up one day as a guy? Maybe. If she doesn't mind, what of friends and family?

Thor is a man, has been a man. Turning him to a woman is an insult on fan intelligence. Why not create more female superheroes instead of messing up with the ones people already know?
Gerrout joorh. I don't like that Thor is now a woman, but the reasons I'm hearing for not wanting it here are plain stupid ya know undecided Imagine someone saying how can a woman that can probably be beaten by a 18yrs old be mighty Thor ? What kind of madness is that na. Doesn't Black Widow kick asss too?

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle: Oh fvck you all jare angry Why can't powerful Thor be a woman? In fact I don vex biko. Thor must be a woman! angry
no be fight na. haba
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: Hope Loki becomes female too. angry
Lokianna? grin
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
runzlord:
no be fight na. haba
Na fight o grin
A good number of men on this thread really have their egos crushed grin

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Welrez(m): 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
georgesylva: I am so pissed angry. The male makes more sense.
OMG! I made FP!
I want 2 1st of all give a big shout out 2 God almighty. Lol, it is not an easy somethings. 2ndly mr seun 4 allowing dis story make FP, it is my 1st in the few i have posted but there would be more. Lastly all of una jare 4 viewing n commenting.
*dancing shoki on the top of my roof*
Seriously smh... WTF is so special about making frontpage
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: Uju is a girl, has always been a girl. Can she wake up one day as a guy? Maybe. If she doesn't mind, what of friends and family?

UjSizzle:
Gerrout joorh. I don't like that Thor is now a woman, but the reasons I'm hearing for not wanting it here are plain stupid ya know undecided Imagine someone saying how can a woman that can probably be beaten by a 18yrs old be mighty Thor ? What kind of madness is that na. Doesn't Black Widow kick asss too?

is there something im missing?
the power of thor is not in the man its in the hammer. and anybody as in ANYBODY worthy enough to lift it automatically becomes thor. it does not matter if its a female or male. the only mistake mavel made is they would had made it a story. sort of thor died and his daughter took over. Instead of the sudden change. so it really does not matter that thor is now a female

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by DAvIt0(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Disney | Marvel TeamUp pushed this movement
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle:
well that's not the reason the idea is silly. Thor is not original to Marvel comics. They built their character around the Thor son of Odin, of Norse mythology. Making him female now just to patronise the feminists, is just silly.

The other day, some movie producers tried to portray Jesus as homo, we know the reaction from all who heard it (myself included). Well Thor is a religious figure for some people too.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oh no. The anti-feminists and misogynists are wetting their pants in here. Smh. They are so afraid of women.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle:
runzlord:
is there something im missing?
the power of thor is not in the man its in the hammer. and anybody as in ANYBODY worthy enough to lift it automatically becomes thor. it does not matter if its a female or male. the only mistake mavel made is they would had made it a story. sort of thor died and his daughter took over. Instead of the sudden change. so it really does not matter that thor is now a female
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by vislabraye(m): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
ichidodo: That is very comical, so Thor son of Odin is now a woman?? Will be expectin Jesus Christ son of God to change sex very soon...

It's a comic, what do you expect ? grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Tayo, Nigeria's Second House Mate In Big Brother Hotshot. / BBNaija: Ozo Hugs His Mum; Reunites With His Family After Eviction (Video) / Kaisha & Lucy Fight At The Big Brother Reunion Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.