Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:04 AM

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (46685 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by moneyallowed(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bawss1: Seems people aren't bothered much with Steve Rogers giving up the Captain America mantle - or should I say shield - to his ally Sam Wilson AKA the Falcon.
They've been together for years and the fans have had time to get used to the idea. It's not so weird as it seems, it's like Bucky Barnes taking over Captain America's mantle or James Rhodes taking over Iron Man's.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
moneyallowed:
You nailed it mate; that's the condition. no matter how they wanna spin it, it HAS to make sense. Guess we'll see just how creative that "creative team" really is.
jeez I forgot.....Wolverine is dying too....so much to look forward to in comics this year!

Yeah comics are really getting interesting now. Peter Parker dies and Octavius replaces him in the Superior Spiderman.
Wolverine is dead too.

grin
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ChrisCosmo(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
So what happens to the real hulk, does he team up with loki and become a villain out of jealousy?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ChaseSuno: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: Loved the Idea. They should also make Hulk bluish while they are at it. grin

DC Universe all the way.
there is already a blue hulk guy do u even watch cartoons or read comics. In the hulk universe there is the bruce banner the original hulk,red hulk thats general thunderbolt,she-hulk thats hulk cousin,a-bomb which is the blue hulk also his best friend then skar which is the grey hulk who is also the son of the hulk

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Rajan04: whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy (HE ohh!!), should posses the power of Thor....

even Lord Odin doesn't give consent to this mistake.. anyway, na dem get their thing.them no go con force me read or watch am na.
bros,the entire human race is referred to as 'man' . So what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
ChaseSuno: there is already a blue hulk guy do u even watch cartoons or read comics. In the hulk universe there is the bruce banner the original hulk,red hulk thats general thunderbolt,she-hulk thats hulk cousin,a-bomb which is the blue hulk also his best friend then skar which is the grey hulk who is also the son of the hulk

Blah Blah Blah Yappity Yap. tongue
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
moneyallowed: it'll be funny referring to a woman as "Thor Odinson".
That aside tho, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Marvel are obviously exploring how to make the best use of their comic properties; they're also making Captain America black - Sam Wilson "Falcon" takes the mantle. Whether or not this move backfires I don't see it doing any lasting damage. Thor'll definitely be back with balls by 2018 @ least.
bro,the change only applies to the comics. Chris hemswort still has 3 films on his contract

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ChaseSuno: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
kevoh: Thor actually had a daughter called Toruun who continued his Legacy. The older Avengers except Iron man and Hulk were actually killed by a super villain called Ultron. It was after this that the children of these Avengers , including Toruun, were being raised and mentored in secret on an Island by Tony Stark (Iron Man).

So the depiction of a female wielding that hammer is not far fetched.
yeah from the next avengers movie loved the animation by the way

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ChaseSuno: 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Blah Blah Blah Yappity Yap. tongue
will try to ignore such comments what a dullard
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
oshokay: Bullshit srew marvel......and they wonder why I like dc characters
Dc retconned all their characters and obliterated their history. That is what you prefer bah?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by tk4rd: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
It just doesn't make sense... A lot of adult reasoning is penetrating the children comics.. What would these kids think when they lay hands the old comics.? They would start asking questions about what caused the changes.. And it would happen that there was no storyline that caused the change, just that the authors woke up and did what they liked

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bawss1: Seems people aren't bothered much with Steve Rogers giving up the Captain America mantle - or should I say shield - to his ally Sam Wilson AKA the Falcon.
am bothered. Falcon is an established hero in the marvel universe. With his own history. Why can't they just pick up another person who doesn't have a major storyline and give him the shield?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
ChaseSuno: will try to ignore such comments what a dullard

Marvel doofus on the warpath. cheesy

Can only be amused by the absolute ease one can rile them up without breaking a single sweat.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
moneyallowed:
You nailed it mate; that's the condition. no matter how they wanna spin it, it HAS to make sense. Guess we'll see just how creative that "creative team" really is.
jeez I forgot.....Wolverine is dying too....so much to look forward to in comics this year!
give them a year. Wolverine would be back. Did they not kill peter parker? Steve rogers? Jean grey? Death is hardly a big deal nowadays in comics
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
moneyallowed:
They've been together for years and the fans have had time to get used to the idea. It's not so weird as it seems, it's like Bucky Barnes taking over Captain America's mantle or James Rhodes taking over Iron Man's.
a black man as cap? Bro,that's the obama effect

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
tk4rd: It just doesn't make sense... A lot of adult reasoning is penetrating the children comics.. What would these kids think when they lay hands the old comics.? They would start asking questions about what caused the changes.. And it would happen that there was no storyline that caused the change, just that the authors woke up and did what they liked
they said they're going to give a good reason why thor became unworthy of the hammer. I give them 6 months tops. By the time their sales drop and this BS backfires on them,they would learn
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
give them a year. Wolverine would be back. Did they not kill peter parker? Steve rogers? Jean grey? Death is hardly a big deal nowadays in comics

The writers insist that Wolverine will stay dead this time.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Awoofawo(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
All I can see is "SOCIAL ENGINEERING" the next phase in the grand plan of N.W.O

What a master-stroke but the sheeps here are blind, the matter is above them!

Please do not quote me: Am not under MIND CONTROL O! cool
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bawss1:

The writers insist that Wolverine will stay dead this time.
yeah right. Wait and see
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Awoofawo: All I can see is "SOCIAL ENGINEERING" the next phase in the grand plan of N.W.O

What a master-stroke but the sheeps here are blind, the matter above them!

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Awoofawo: All I can see is "SOCIAL ENGINEERING" the next phase in the grand plan of N.W.O

What a master-stroke but the sheeps here are blind, the matter above them!

ignorance is bliss

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Awoofawo(m): 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Gurls should now start bashing men, cos it's now legit to do so
-- Uncle Sam 2014 cool grin
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Awoofawo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
my
ignorance is a bliss

Wow! So you know....?grin
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Feraz(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
While they're at it, they should also make The Hulk female. It's gonna be EPIC!!! Marvel with their ridiculous characters. That's how they made Franklin Richards on par with cosmic entities in the Marvel world.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by naptu2: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
firestar: Comical.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by decepticos(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: Loved the Idea. They should also make Hulk bluish while they are at it. grin

DC Universe all the way.
well when u think of it Hulk was originally Grey, back to d matter this is out of place are the saying that because he no longer owns d hammer d name wey him Papa give am from small go change overnight. Having the power of thor shouldn't make u thor, is any1 with me on this. And I thought this shit ended with d What if? Series of the Marvel verse

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by decepticos(m): 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
Feraz: While they're at it, they should also make The Hulk female. It's gonna be EPIC!!! Marvel with their ridiculous characters. That's how they made Franklin Richards on par with cosmic entities in the Marvel world.
there is a She hulk na
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by decepticos(m): 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guykhena:
Ya right,we know DC works with Transgender superheroes, check out their star hero(supes) who wears red panties ,batman black panties,Green lantern leggings,so its not new to them
come on bro its obvious u don't like DC's characters but then those guys don't qualify for cross dressers let alon transgender, Marvel was so weird they made it possible for mystique to be able to possess male genital organ now we know she's a shape shifter but how and y. Now I guess that must be the 1st transgender case in mainstream comic book history.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by TRUENakama: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
all4naija:
It makes sense, looking at the stubborn nature of the male THOR and destructive nature. Maybe, I repeat, maybe the female Thor would a little humane and less destruction to his own empire of Asgad. I am imagining how she is going to fight those ugly frost giants.

This is going to be very interesting to watch. Let the movie begin. I am waiting for Marvel to do this with some exhilarating twists.

Asin, I was wondering if I was the only one to understand it this way, The post said, he wasn't worthy anymore. Yeah! i get. meaning something/s made him unworthy to carry on as THOR. 2 things come to mind,
First, his unique way (always considering d impact of tins to humans/mid-earth) of dealing with situations. He had somewhat become BIASED to fights anytime humans in general were involved. And dou it was one of d reasons we accepted him as an earth hero, it wasn't a good trait for an Asgardian more less a god who needs to be OBJECTIVE at all times.

For example, In a situation wer the destruction of earth was needed to save other realms, a true THOR will allow earth to be sacrificed for the good of the other realms. but OUR own thor will some how miraculously find a way to spare earth whilst still saving the universe WHICH USUALLY INVOLVES TAKING A GREAT RISKS AND PUTTING NOT ONLY EARTH BUT OTHER INNOCENT REALMS IN DANGER AS WELL. Hence, his biased and reckless way of doin tins caused hypertension to some pple.

Second, is his love for that his earthly scientist galfrnd. which ODIN wasn't a fan of.

Anyho, i see that asgardian chic who also likes thor, taking over from him and becoming bad for a while until she meets the old thor for some counsel....blah blah blah .gtg
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by PrivateEye(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
Like hell..

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Guykhena(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
decepticos: come on bro its obvious u don't like DC's characters but then those guys don't qualify for cross dressers let alon transgender, Marvel was so weird they made it possible for mystique to be able to possess male genital organ now we know she's a shape shifter but how and y. Now I guess that must be the 1st transgender case in mainstream comic book history.
Wtf,bro you just answered your question @bolded,so I don't know what explanation am gonna give you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ozo Hugs His Mum; Reunites With His Family After Eviction (Video) / Meet Tayo, Nigeria's Second House Mate In Big Brother Hotshot. / Fatal Arrogance: Yakubu Mohammed Ready To Pay To Get His Scenes Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.