Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges (5452 Views)

Modu Sheriff Will Work For Us In APC – Governor Of Kano / Former APC Chairman, 3 Lawmakers, Others Defect To PDP / Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 16, 2014
On July 16, 2014 at 12:09 am

By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor & Umar Yusuf

ABUJA— There were indications last night that the impeached governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, might be arrested by security agents and charged to court for alleged treason.

While the treason charges against the former governor is billed to take off in one court, the Economic & Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, would be prosecuting Nyako in another court for allegedly looting funds of the state said to have been stashed in a local bank.

The governor and the North-East Region manager of the said bank will be charged with another top official of Adamawa State Government, who is being held by the anti-graft agency for aiding and abetting the looting.

A competent security source told Vanguard that the Presidency has already ordered the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, to file treason charges against the governor, who lost his plum job yesterday.

The charges, according to the source, had been prepared by the Federal Government even before the impeachment process against Nyako started and would merely be completed with the governor’s removal from office.

Nyako to face treason charges

Findings by Vanguard revealed that Nyako is to be tried specifically for levying war against Nigeria and inciting Nigerians and the international community against the person of President Goodluck Jonathan by accusing Jonathan of committing genocide against Northerners under the guise of fighting terrorism.

One of the sources said: “The AGF is ready with the treason charges against Nyako, who never showed any remorse over his letter to the Northern Governors Forum and refused to retract the contents and apologise even when he had the opportunity to do so.

“The AGF has since been directed to file treason charges against the governor, who was fired by the Adamawa State House of Assembly on Tuesday (yesterday) because what he did was levying war against the nation and inciting the world against President Jonathan.

“If the former governor is lucky, he will survive the legal onslaught against him but he may be in for many years in jail if convicted for his indiscretion and deliberate action to malign the President of Nigeria,” the source said.

Nyako On The Run

Nyako’s security aides were withdrawn at about 1pm shortly after his impeachment.

These included the Aide-de-Camp, the Chief Security Officer, State Security Service (SSS) details and policemen in pilot vehicles.

Although a new set of security agents was deployed to arrest Nyako, who was in his Asokoro, Abuja have at the time of the controversial impeachment, the team could not locate his whereabouts.

A source close to the governor said: “Some plain-clothe security agents came to look for Nyako but he had left his Asokoro residence.

“These agents were looking so desperate to effect his arrest in connection with a letter he wrote to President Goodluck Jonathan on the security situation in the North, especially Northeast.

“The plot is to arrest him and arraign him for sedition.”

Asked of the governor’s whereabouts, the source said: “Only God and his family could tell now.

“We even learnt that if they cannot locate him, they might declare him wanted. Nyako is a military man; he would only insist on due legal process, even if he has to face trial.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/nyako-impeached-faces-treason-charges/

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nyako-recommended-umaru-for-deputy-before-removal/
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by ebamma(m): 5:03am On Jul 16, 2014
.I always thought that Jonathan was a better man than Obasanjo
now i know better

13 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by dejt4u(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2014
I laff in swahili grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by thunderrider: 5:10am On Jul 16, 2014
CHAI
JONA WAN FINISH D MAN KWATA KWATA NI PFA. shocked shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Akpaife(m): 5:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Na like ds world dey?

World is turning around do nt bost with d world

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by thunderrider: 5:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Is ds JONA really daft? ?? undecided undecided undecided
This is definitely not Jonathan
But JONA.....

27 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:23am On Jul 16, 2014
thunderrider: Is ds JONA really daft? ?? undecided undecided undecided

Did you read Nyako's memo at all?

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Udehpaschal1(m): 5:27am On Jul 16, 2014
Wow! Good news.. Time for nyako to cool off his dirty hot A..SS in jail..serves him right...

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 16, 2014
I should have known that APC will be in disarray by now. Who drew the first blood? Was it not the leaders of APC? GEJ is only fighting back.

APC ntorr!!!

40 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by jayseehe(m): 5:35am On Jul 16, 2014
GEJ should continue with his selective treatment.
he is charged for treason for accusing GEJ.
what about those in GEJ's coffers accusing Buhari of same thing
GEJ is a dictator in disguise

11 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 16, 2014
ebamma: .I always thought that Jonathan was a better man than Obasanjo
now i know better

Bros, he is.
If it was OBJ, Nyako would have been in jail since.

Bros, if it were me, Nyako would have been serving life jail by now!

The man committed treason and if Jonathan does not prosecute him, then I will comclude that he (Jonathan) is indeed daft.

25 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 16, 2014
jayseehe: GEJ should continue with his selective treatment.

Buhari threatened violence with his own mouth
He roped himself in and I am eqaully accusing him!

19 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:49am On Jul 16, 2014
GEJ has just set a bad precedence.

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 16, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

even if he read the memo nko?

Look, Nyako is a member of the "opposition", so everything he did was very "correct"!

Jonathan is too gentle for my liking, if I were in his shoes, Nyako and his likes would have leant that leadership is responsibility.

7 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Smartsyn(m): 6:01am On Jul 16, 2014
Nyako, another Ibori in the making...
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by thunderrider: 6:01am On Jul 16, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Kindly get me 1
it will be highly appreciated
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 6:03am On Jul 16, 2014
This is the only language Nigerians understand especially this school of APC supporter of APC governors who have abused their positions and power.

I would have come harder on these partisan critics and treasonable characters harder and earlier.

GEJ is ensuring that come 2015 if by any slim chance he does not continue in office (which is highly doubtful) his distractors and enemies will have been finished and rendered useless before them.

Next stop:

Tambuwal, Amaechi, Fashola, FrogFather Tinubu, Kwankwaso, shettima, Gumi, el Rufai andany other loud mouthed boko haram sponosr

9 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 6:04am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista:

Let Nyako clear himself in the courts. Due democratic process was followed in his impeachment

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by nely(m): 6:07am On Jul 16, 2014
Never you take the silence of an ijaw man for being stupid...Apc the country is becoming hotter,next in line is al-makaru of nasarawa state the man has committed before and he is still doing it.

4 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Firstly, I have always held the view that Nyako should prove his innocence in the panel/court. Due process was followed in his impeachment and he stand impeached! The charges on corruption and mismanagement to be levelled against him by the EFCC is commendable. The onus lies on the judge.

However, the charges on Treason is the peak of cluelessness and stupidity by Mr. Goodluck Jonathan and his AGF Adoke. I wonder what is treasonable in the said letter. I expected Jonathan to sue him for libel and not charge him for treason. There is Nothing Treasonable in the Letter! I wonder the criteria for SANship.

I can bet that the Judge will acquit Nyako of the slanderous charge, which in turn will make him the "Hero".

Jonathan is setting a bad precedence which will hunt him when he leaves office. Even Abacha never went this low. Jonathan also by his actions is making neutrals have sympathy for the APC... He should beware of sympathy votes.

Lastly, he should read his history books. Dispots don't last long and they end miserably. I hope he reconsiders his actions and inactions

6 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO:

Let Nyako clear himself in the courts. Due democratic process was followed in his impeachment
barcanista: Firstly, I have always held the view that Nyako should prove his innocence in the panel/court. Due process was followed in his impeachment and he stand impeached! The charges on corruption and mismanagement to be levelled against him by the EFCC is commendable. The onus lies on the judge.
However, the charges on Treason is the peak of cluelessness and stupidity by Mr. Goodluck Jonathan and his AGF Adoke. I wonder what is treasonable in the said letter. I expected Jonathan to sue him for libel and not charge him for treason. There is Nothing Treasonable in the Letter! I wonder the criteria for SANship.
I can bet that the Judge will acquit Nyako of the slanderous charge, which in turn will make him the "Hero".
Jonathan is setting a bad precedence which will hunt him when he leaves office. Even Abacha never went this low. Jonathan also by his actions is making neutrals have sympathy for the APC... He should beware of sympathy votes.
Lastly, he should read his history books. Dispot don't last long and end miserably. I hope he reconsiders his actions and inactions
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 6:14am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: Firstly, I have always held the view that Nyako should prove his innocence in the panel/court. Due process was followed in his impeachment and he stand impeached! The charges on corruption and mismanagement to be levelled against him by the EFCC is commendable. The onus lies on the judge.

Lastly, he should read his history books. Dispot don't last long and end miserably. I hope he reconsiders his actions and inactions

There are high level security dossiers containing vital evidence connecting the disgraced governor to boko haram.
This shall be presented in court at the right time.
Just you wait and see.

10 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 16, 2014
ebamma: .I always thought that Jonathan was a better man than Obasanjo
now i know better
What do you know now?

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Amanwulu1(m): 6:16am On Jul 16, 2014
incase u don't knw, buhari is not gej's mate. He is a common nig and gej is d commander in chief. U get d difference?

13 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by eaglechild: 6:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Nyako thought he was invincible when he was running his terrorist mouth up and down.

Now he is on his way to jail, which is where many fellow supporters of APC will be joining him soon.

Kudos to the house members for upholding democracy by sacking the extremist.

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 16, 2014
nely: Never you take the silence of an ijaw man for being stupid...Apc the country is becoming hotter,next in line is al-makaru of nasarawa state the man has committed before and he is still doing it.
the "Treasonable" charges is a Silly move. Its one of the silliest moves ever since the beginning of Nigeria's political and democratic history.

Btw, it wl be wise for you to dissociate "Ijaw" from Jonathan's actions. The decision he took was Mr. Jonathan's decision and not necessarily Ijaw decision. I wouldn't want Ijaw Vs others thread

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Did you read Nyako's letter at all?
Buhari openly declared that monkey and babboon will be soaked in blood should he lose the election. So, what happened after he lost?

Buhari is being accused/judged with his own words. What do you know Nyako said about the President?

*I'm not taking sides on this issue*.

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Amanwulu1(m): 6:20am On Jul 16, 2014
in using freedom of speech be careful not to overstep d boundary or... Adieu papa nyako. Underestimate d power of d c-i-c at ur own peril.

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 6:26am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: the "Treasonable" charges is a Silly move. Its one of the silliest moves ever since the beginning of Nigeria's political and democratic history.

Btw, it wl be wise for you to dissociate "Ijaw" from Jonathan's actions. The decision he took was Mr. Jonathan's decision and not necessarily Ijaw decision. I wouldn't want Ijaw Vs others thread

Has the governor been arrested and arraigned in court on any charge?

The governor has never been questioned in the past by security officers regarding any offense including that which was leveled against him by the impeachment panel that saw him kicked out of office.

Why can't you guys wait and see what formal brief (if any at all ) the FG will go with.

By the way the State Assembly successfully impeached the Governor on allegations of criminal misconduct this automatically should translate to criminal prosecution now that he has been stripped of immunity.

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO:

There are high level security dossiers containing vital evidence connecting the disgraced governor to boko haram.
This shall be presented in court at the right time.
Just you wait and see.
Mr. You did not follow the process the whole thing boils down to the Letter Nyako Wrote. The Presidency asked him to retract it but he refused and stood by his letter. Jonathan should have charged him for LIBEL if he feels that the letter was aimed at malignig his image and reputation.

Also, if there is/are any evidence linking him to Boko-Haram, that is "Terrorism" which has its own penalty in Nigeria's penal code. I wonder whether you are a member of DSS or the military that you wl make such assertion which is not in public space. Be careful of your choice of words bros.

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO:

Has the governor been arrested and arraigned in court on any charge?

The governor has never been questioned in the past by security officers regarding any offense including that which was leveled against him by the impeachment panel that saw him kicked out of office.

Why can't you guys wait and see what formal brief (if any at all ) the FG will go with.

By the way the State Assembly successfully impeached the Governor on allegations of criminal misconduct this automatically should translate to criminal prosecution now that he has been stripped of immunity.
I can see that you are not comprehending my comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PROOF: Gov Ayodele Fayose Is Using Fake HND Certificate / Second Term Agenda: Would U Vote 4 Buhari Again??? / Gov Obiano’s Wife Tears His Shirt In Public 4 Inviting Mistress E State Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.