Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. (14779 Views)

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Sealeddeal: have you been to Ibadan?
Well,i believe that as time goes on,with the rate of growth and development of Asaba,it will soon overtake Ibadan. Surely,it will. But for now,Ibadan is more developed.
from your previous post, you said you passed through asaba, then that's definitely benin-asaba expressway, bro, that means you haven't been to asaba. I have been to ibadan on several occasions.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Sealeddeal(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Emelcee: I feel bad when i discover than some Nigerians still reason backward 1912, how can an educated person say that Uyo is under developed? I have been to 28 state capitals in Nigeria and i personally will rank it thus: according to the latest infrastructure,good roads,cleanliness and planing...
Abuja
Ikeja
port Harcourt
Uyo
Calabar
Kano
Kaduna
Benin
Owerri
Ibadan
Others follow...
Uyo is a beautiful place. Its lovely.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Sealeddeal(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: from your previous post, you said you passed though asaba, then that's definitely benin-asaba expressway, bro, that means you haven't been to asaba. I have been to ibadan on several occasions.
nah..i said i have been to asaba severally. I have passed through Ibadan while going to Shaki.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phayvoursky(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2014
HELLO. THOU SHALT NOT COMPARE IBADAN TO ASABA.

Iv been to both places.

In terms of beauty, RATE OF GROWTH ( mind you ASABA was created in 1991 compared to IB that has been in existence), transportation and good road networks, infrastructures, organization, cleanliness. You name it.

Asaba is a model growing city.

You should compare Ibadan to Abakaliki or Lokoja.

That's why it nollywood's choice location for movie production.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by GBTYO: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2014
Ibadan is the largest slum on the planet with ugly ritualists on the prowl

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Sealeddeal: nah..i said i have been to asaba severally. I have passed through Ibadan while going to Shaki.
then you must have passed through the facades of ibadan.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Evergreeen123: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: ....
You are a mo'ron.
So you think we do not know that you are the same person as the OP. You created the thread and then responded to yourself using your alternate moniker.

You are a big fool

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phayvoursky(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Is it not this same IBADAN that celebrated its 1ST FLYOVER BRIDGE some months ago at MOKOLA.

So what's the development in Ibadan about

Take a CUE about development and organization from ASABA.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2014
phayvoursky: Is it not this same IBADAN that celebrated its 1ST FLYOVER BRIDGE some months ago at MOKOLA.

Take a CUE about organization from ASABA.

So what's the development about.
. I don't know why some supposedly sane people are here putting themselves to ridicule. The OP wrote developed and not modern or fine. Ibadan is largely an ancient city but by far one of the most developed in Nigeria. Building 3 roads and flyovers. And 2 hotels is not all it takes to develop. Maybe if beauty was to be used then Owerri, Calabar, Enugu, Uyo. Etc. "could be" rated above Ibadan but never in development.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreeen123: You are a mo'ron.
So you think we do not know that you are the same person as the OP. You created the thread and then responded to yourself using your alternate moniker.

You are a big fool
pardon?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phayvoursky(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Abagworo: . I don't know why some supposedly sane people are here putting themselves to ridicule. The OP wrote developed and not modern or fine. Ibadan is largely an ancient city but by far one of the most developed in Nigeria. Building 3 roads and flyovers. And 2 hotels is not all it takes to develop. Maybe if beauty was to be used then Owerri, Calabar, Enugu, Uyo. Etc. "could be" rated above Ibadan but never in development.

Oboy you need to go back to ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

HAVE YOU COME ACROSS A DEVELOPED CITY THAT ISN'T MODERN OR FINE (rather use) BEAUTIFUL; OR A DEVELOPED CITY THAT LACKS BRIDGES?

IF ALL THESE AIN'T INVOLVED HOW DO YOU EXPECT INVESTORS TO SEE THE CITY?

BUSINESS N ECONOMY DOES NOT THRIVE IN A DIRTY CITY.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
1. Uyo

2. Calabar

3. Portharcourt

4. Enugu

5. Bauchi

6. Ikeja

7. Kaduna

8. Ilorin

9. Owerri

10. Kano

source: https://www.nairaland.com/himkers

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by jericco1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
I was expecting a visual aid. In pics please.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by sopoundz(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
How'd Port harcourt gt into diz list Wonders
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Danhumprey: Are you going the use the development in a state capital as a yardstick for judging the development of the state as a whole?undecided
...i hope you read what he wrote up there. I think he said 'state capitals'....be quick to read, be slow to comment
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: I don't think so.
.....that you don't think so doesn't make it wrong.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phantom(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
banega: Uyo? Undeveloped?? Guy try and travel outta the south western part of the country please!!
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phantom(m): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
banega: Uyo? Undeveloped?? Guy try and travel outta the south western part of the country please!!
I live in PH. been to uyo countless times
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO: Ibadan is the largest slum on the planet with ugly ritualists on the prowl
...obviously you just posted this just for posting sake. Come back and quote my post after you've googled 'the largest slum on the planet'................................i am put off by the subjectivity of most nigerians

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2014

You are a big fool
....then who are you?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phantom(m): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Abagworo: . I don't know why some supposedly sane people are here putting themselves to ridicule. The OP wrote developed and not modern or fine. Ibadan is largely an ancient city but by far one of the most developed in Nigeria. Building 3 roads and flyovers. And 2 hotels is not all it takes to develop. Maybe if beauty was to be used then Owerri, Calabar, Enugu, Uyo. Etc. "could be" rated above Ibadan but never in development.
abagworo.....the thing tire me o!
Nigerians don't know what development is....lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
phayvoursky: Is it not this same IBADAN that celebrated its 1ST FLYOVER BRIDGE some months ago at MOKOLA.

....you mean you don't know the meaning of fly over?...because the Iwo road fly over has been since i when i was small!...or is there any other definition besides the norm?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Ttalk: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
phayvoursky:

Oboy you need to go back to ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

HAVE YOU COME ACROSS A DEVELOPED CITY THAT ISN'T MODERN OR FINE (rather use) BEAUTIFUL; OR A DEVELOPED CITY THAT LACKS BRIDGES?

IF ALL THESE AIN'T INVOLVED HOW DO YOU EXPECT INVESTORS TO SEE THE CITY?

BUSINESS N ECONOMY DOES NOT THRIVE IN A DIRTY CITY.

In as much as you will agree that Nigeria is a developing country then you must agree that none of its states, capitals or cities is fully developed because the basic amenities that make a city fully developed is scanty in all the cities. Nonetheless, in Nigeria context Ibadan should be among the few developed capital despite the shanty or dirty you talked about
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by phantom(m): 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
" uyo has more flyovers than Ibadan,therefore uyo is more developed...."

grin.....Nigerians and their crude imagination.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by datbay(m): 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO: Ibadan is the largest slum on the planet with ugly ritualists on the prowl
How old are you?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by datbay(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2014

1st flyover?its obvious you don't know what you are saying.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by dsolo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Keep on dreaming
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects1: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
Abuja and maybe Calabar and Uyo of recent are the only developed cities in Nigeria( by Nigerian standard. PH, Lagos, ibadan are pure slums. All others are merely crawling to come out of underdevelopment. I am a wide traveler so I know the situation.

We should be more concerned about economically viable cities which is why I will continue to support the expansion and remodeling of cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Kano, Warri etc..these are the real places that matters as far as Nigerian economy is concerned. And these 5 cities harbours over 60percent of Nigeria's population due to influx of people to these cities for economic gains.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by DebateNigeria: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
nwabekeyi: Haven gone to most state capitals in Nigeria, I will be able to draw a conclusion that these are arguably the most developed state capitals in nigeria. In no specific other: ikeja, kaduna, port harcourt, enugu, kano, calabar, benin, ibadan, owerri, jos.
IMO Benin, Ibadan And Jos should be removed.. Uyo, Akure and Gombe should replace those cities. They may be big cities but not developed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2014

You are a big fool

y not leave my monicker out of ur madness

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by heir01(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Well you only criticized other people's definition of development without putting forward what development entails to you. I believe development has a lot to do with infrastructures such as roads, bridges, housing structures etc and has more to do with updating these infrastructures to meet the global trend. Trust me the present day Uyo is more developed than present day Ibadan.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: pardon?

don't mind that dolt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Assigns Portfolios To Commissioners, Talks Tough / What Is Your Opinion On Capitalism? / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.