Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,652 members, 7,805,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

I Thought Marriage And Money Would Bring Happiness - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thought Marriage And Money Would Bring Happiness (3284 Views)

5 Personal Values That Would Bring You Happiness / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / If Your Partner Could Make More Money, Would You Stay Home With The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Thought Marriage And Money Would Bring Happiness by MadCow1: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Hmmmmm, I really wish life was the way you painted it. I really wish it always ends up "happily ever-after" like in story land. After God, the next gods you have are your parents..that's why a commandment was fashioned after them..i paraphrase - honour your father and mother so that your days shall be long..if your parents haunt your wife for your property after your death, it is because you neglected them while you were alive! Divorce is like a carryover course in school, nobody plans a carryover when you get into school but it happens, some your fault, some not your fault. A wise husband would prepare for two - What if - What if I die? What if this woman leaves me ? It is not pessimism rather its realism !
Give your wife and children their legacy while you are alive then they would be better off when you are dead! Joint account is like giving her fish rather than teaching her how to fish ! Who funds the joint account when you die?

[b]So is it okay for your Father to place his parents above your mum?! grin

#WARNING:: Think Carefully.. Its a trick question. grin

O!! And your Mother, should she place her Parents above your father?! Or is this a one-way traffic route?! grin

Honour your father and Mother.. #Cool, I agree. I have read that scripture severally.

#Another Trick Question... Again, Think Carefully before you answer. grin

Honour.. Let us check the dictionary meaning of this word;

honour
: hon¦our
Pronunciation: /ˈɒnə

1 [mass noun] High respect; great esteem:
EXAMPLE:: ‘his portrait hangs in the place of honour’

2. A person or thing that brings esteem:
EXAMPLE: ‘you are an honour to our profession’

3. The quality of knowing and doing what is morally right:
EXAMPLE: ‘I must as a matter of honour avoid any taint of dishonesty’

4. Regard with great respect:
EXAMPLE: ‘Joyce has now learned to honour her father’s memory’

From all I have gathered, its all about respect. Respect your father and mother. Thats all that Honour is. But hold on, in the same Bible, it also says about the wife;

Genesis 2:24New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

So let me ask you again; Who according to God taking the higher order in a Mans life? His Wife or his Mother?! Remember that the bible says that for the reason of marriage; A Man shall leave his parents and be joined to his wife and they become 1.

You cant pick and shoose what part of the Bible to follow and what part to discard. Your Mother is actually your fathers Wife, same way your Wife would also be your childrens Mother.

The day you and your wife are joined in marriage, a good Mother would begin to distance herself from her Son or Daughter and only sit there as a counsellor. Parents raise kids so they can be independent in the future, not so the children would be babied for life.

If you dont trust your wife with your finances, then how can you trust her with your future (children). grin

#Marriage is for Men, not Boys.. #FoodForThought.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: I Thought Marriage And Money Would Bring Happiness by Goldenboy007(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]So is it okay for your Father to place his parents above your mum?! grin

#WARNING:: Think Carefully.. Its a trick question. grin

O!! And your Mother, should she place her Parents above your father?! Or is this a one-way traffic route?! grin

Honour your father and Mother.. #Cool, I agree. I have read that scripture severally.

#Another Trick Question... Again, Think Carefully before you answer. grin

Honour.. Let us check the dictionary meaning of this word;

honour
: hon¦our
Pronunciation: /ˈɒnə

1 [mass noun] High respect; great esteem:
EXAMPLE:: ‘his portrait hangs in the place of honour’

2. A person or thing that brings esteem:
EXAMPLE: ‘you are an honour to our profession’

3. The quality of knowing and doing what is morally right:
EXAMPLE: ‘I must as a matter of honour avoid any taint of dishonesty’

4. Regard with great respect:
EXAMPLE: ‘Joyce has now learned to honour her father’s memory’

From all I have gathered, its all about respect. Respect your father and mother. Thats all that Honour is. But hold on, in the same Bible, it also says about the wife;

Genesis 2:24New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

So let me ask you again; Who according to God taking the higher order in a Mans life? His Wife or his Mother?! Remember that the bible says that for the reason of marriage; A Man shall leave his parents and be joined to his wife and they become 1.

You cant pick and shoose what part of the Bible to follow and what part to discard. Your Mother is actually your fathers Wife, same way your Wife would also be your childrens Mother.

The day you and your wife are joined in marriage, a good Mother would begin to distance herself from her Son or Daughter and only sit there as a counsellor. Parents raise kids so they can be independent in the future, not so the children would be babied for life.

If you dont trust your wife with your finances, then how can you trust her with your future (children). grin

#Marriage is for Men, not Boys.. #FoodForThought.[/b]

Sorry bros, No comment. Your argument reeks of conjectured analogy; your inferences are devoid of cognitive experience. Come back when you are married.
Re: I Thought Marriage And Money Would Bring Happiness by MadCow1: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Sorry bros, No comment. Your argument reeks of conjectured analogy; your inferences are devoid of cognitive experience. Come back when you are married.

Hahahahahaaa,

Are you married?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls / [photo]16 Girls Get Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated In A Swimming Pool / My Wife Denied Me From Having S*x Since I Lost My Job Nigerian Man Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.