Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? (633 Views)

The Proliferation Of Blogs - Good Or Bad? / Introducing Okayfreedom VPN For Webmasters / Your Take On Google's Gnbo: Good Or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? by mediachirps(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
For over a while now, I have been bordered much with this question So, I felt it will be Ok to table it to the deem of 'SEO masters' here, and am hoping to get the best answers.

I've seen several automated SEO services in most freelance site, eg Fivrre, peopleperhour, SEOclerk..., with mouth watering offers. My question is, Can these services hurts ones site / blog?
Re: Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Good/Bad

It depends on the product or gig.
Re: Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? by cheavroi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
SEO is part automation and part manual. Infact, more manual than automation. Let me give you an illusatration. Suppose you want to build backlinks to a website. The first thing you might do is do a competition's research. So how do you get your competition's backlink?

You use a tool to pull the links and download into excel. You do your magic- sort bla bla bla.

Now you are left with about 20 links you want to chase. You now need to visit this links one after the other and ask yourself

1. Why was this link given
2. Do I want this link?
3. Who do I get it

Hope you get my drift. A word of caution: Any 100% automated SEO is scam.

2 Likes

Re: Automated SEO Services - Good Or Bad Practice For Webmasters? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2014
cheavroi: SEO is part automation and part manual. Infact, more manual than automation. Let me give you an illusatration. Suppose you want to build backlinks to a website. The first thing you might do is do a competition's research. So how do you get your competition's backlink?

You use a tool to pull the links and download into excel. You do your magic- sort bla bla bla.

Now you are left with about 20 links you want to chase. You now need to visit this links one after the other and ask yourself

1. Why was this link given
2. Do I want this link?
3. Who do I get it

Hope you get my drift. A word of caution: Any 100% automated SEO is scam.

+8

(1) (Reply)

Best Wordpress Plugins For Adsense For Free / Nairaland Mobile Apps / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.