Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture (5543 Views)

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees / So, Why Didn't Enyeama Dive For That Messi's Freekick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2014
scribe2000:

Wanna know my age? Just add 10 to yours and you will get mine.

Back to the topic, I have already addressed the issues raised on another of your friend's post. Here was my response. And please, I am tired of all this. Let's all take some deep breathes, and chill with something cold. No one here will convince another, but the facts on the pic above will be there to convince hate-free minds that the Golden Ball in WC 2014 went to the deserving winner.

"...Most people criticizing Messi's award only judge by focusing on one aspect. Putting Rodriguez as a deserving winner is only because he scored the most goals. He already has an award for that. But the golden ball is not for the highest scorer! Messi was the most rounded player in the WC.

And Maradona's comments were only his opinion. I believe he is the greatest player of all time (better than Pele), but he is not the greatest Match Analyst of all time. His views are purely that, His, and should not be quoted as an Authoritative one.
And he does not hate Messi, he only hates the idea of someone matching his own achievements, and unfortunately, Messi poses that threat.

Hope you rest now buddy. I've got other things to do..."

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

So Maradona's comments were just his opinion? Your biased picture above is what? Just your own opinion too. And mind you, Zidane has more than one assist in 2006. I don't even want to go into all the flaws in that biased stat you posted there.

And by the way, did you see me mention Rodriguez in my posts? Check again and see who and who I think should have been the best player.

Even if Maradona is not the greatest match analyst, he is way above you. Maradona's opinion count in football matters, yours don't.

You don't expect to use one biased photoshopped picture to win an arguement. First of all make a research, get your stats right then list out the performances of Zidane, Forlan and Messing in their respective world cups without sentiments.

Just look at that picture again. Zidane and Forlan just goals and assists (which is so incorrect) then almighty Messi will get mentions in through pass, ball control , man of the match etc...Na wao for you ooo.

Enough of this pointless argument already!

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
yoji: It surprised FIFA president Sepp Blatter and Maradona claimed it was a marketing stunt, but now one of the men responsible for awarding Lionel Messi with the World Cup's Golden Ball has explained the decision. And it sounds pretty reasonable.The winner of the award was decided by FIFA's Technical Study Group and after days of debate and theorizing, former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier, a member of the group, has explained the reasoning behind the choice. He told Le Monde (via ESPN):"I understand that it has surprised, because everyone only remembers the second half of Lionel Messi in the final. We, the commission, we look at all the games, and we judge that he was the most important man for his team. He went to the final, which is one of the conditions for the attribution of the trophy," the ex-Liverpool and Aston Villa boss explained."Moreover, Messi was more than decisive in the first four games. In the semifinal against the Netherlands, he took the first penalty and scored. The analysis also takes into account the fact he was the captain of a united team. A team that played well together. That's something we hadn't seen for a long time from Argentina. He was more than key in the squad and the way it was set up. For me, he fully deserves the Golden Ball given he took his team through to the final."Messi scored four goals in Argentina's first three matches and set up Angel Di Maria's winner in the round of 16. He played a quieter role in the later rounds, but Houllier argued that the Netherlands' Arjen Robben, widely regarded as a top candidate for the award, "didn't carry so much weight with the team." Houllier also reasoned that Colombia's James Rodriguez, who won the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer, didn't make it far enough to be considered (Colombia were eliminated by Brazil in the quarterfinals).Houllier did say that Di Maria would have been "a very serious contender" had he not suffered a thigh injury in the quarterfinals that ended his tournament. But Messi's closest competitor for the award was Germany's Thomas Muller, who scored five goals for the World Cup winners. The Frenchman believes that Messi had the better tournament on the whole and was more vital to Argentina's success than Muller was to Germany's, though.So that's the explanation/cover story for giving Messi the 2014 World Cup's Golden Boot award. Maradona will surely be revising his conspiracy theories shortly.
James shone cos he came in as an unknown. As soon as he announced his quality with the goal vs Uruguay, the Brazilians took note and marked and fouled him out of the tournament. So u can imagine what messi ha to cope with from the onset.
Robben had a similar record to messi in not scoring in his last 3 games but messi made it to the final while robben dove his way to the third place match. So what's the fuss about robben. Same way d dutch marked out messi, the argies marked out robben.
Muller is a victim of the perfection of the team he played for. He was just as useful as his other teammates and you get the impression German won have still won the world cup without him after all Marco reus didn't even make it. Most of his goals too came at the group stage as his only knock out phase goal came against a Brazil that even kheidera scored 2 against.
The nature of the German team makes it almost unfair to other members of the team to pick one person.

God bless you my dear. Even with this detailed explanation, haters will still argue. I'm already out of tge argument, but thought you deserve some kudos for this update. Cheers!
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
timbros:

So Maradona's comments were just his opinion? Your biased picture above is what? Just your own opinion too. And mind you, Zidane has more than one assist in 2006. I don't even want to go into all the flaws in that biased stat you posted there.

And by the way, did you see me mention Rodriguez in my posts? Check again and see who and who I think should have been the best player.

Even if Maradona is not the greatest match analyst, he is way above you. Maradona's opinion count in football matters, yours don't.

You don't expect to use one biased photoshopped picture to win an arguement. First of all make a research, get your stats right then list out the performances of Zidane, Forlan and Messing in their respective world cups without sentiments.

Just look at that picture again. Zidane and Forlan just goals and assists (which is so incorrect) then almighty Messi will get mentions in through pass, ball control , man of the match etc...Na wao for you ooo.

Enough of this pointless argument already!

Check the post above and quit crying over spilt milk.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by Achieverbb(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
missdebs: haters will remain haters.....dem for give c.ronaldo
God bless u......EOD
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
scribe2000:

God bless you my dear. Even with this detailed explanation, haters will still argue. I'm already out of tge argument, but thought you deserve some kudos for this update. Cheers!

No, come back. Why are you running? Its your thread.

Come and finish what you started grin

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by cr7lomo: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Zidane is even a beta player Dan messi and is more successful . Zidane played 3 WC , won 1, finalist in another den d group stage in 2002 was due to his injury and he only played a game. He also win euro and was d outstanding player. When he joined real Madrid , he said he was joining Madrid to win d CL which he had Neva won . Plsssssss did u c d goal he scored to win it in his 1st season , dat was classic. Liv all those mesmerizing runs Wey messi de use dciv una . Messi has not even won his copa Americana . Zidane abeg no vex 4 these small boys Wey just start to de watch soccer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Football Pools Result And Information / Old Bet9ja Mobile 35 0 / World Cup South Africa 2010: In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.