Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs - Art, Graphics & Video (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs (113016 Views)

Photographers: Which Camera Will Give Me Blur Effect / These Photographers Will Do Anything To Get The Perfect Shot / Professional Nigerian Photographers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
I'm hoping to catch those yellow buds (plant beneath) in full bloom tomorrow morning. They keep going to sleep midday embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by sanandreas(m): 2:48am On Nov 06, 2015
A creek close to my residence. Pics taken with tecno m6.*unedited*

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Tycoflu(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2015
Snapped with gionee m2

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
Found it!!
Remember my yellow flower? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Happy faces

Who is in the garden?

smiley

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Mynd44: 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
He brought me a bundle of joy...... And told me my camera is good too

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 09, 2015
#entangled pls rate grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by cao(f): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2015
It's rather red this morning. Reading Sky.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by cao(f): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2015
aduragbemisteve:
#entangled
pls rate grin
Now, I've got Imogen Heap's Entanglement on repeat in my head...I blame you, love this by the way.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2015
cao:

Now, I've got Imogen Heap's Entanglement on repeat in my head...I blame you, love this by the way.

lols grin my unreserved apology for pressing the REPEAT button
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
aduragbemisteve:
#entangled
pls rate grin
Nice find! 2.5 of 5 stars
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Victoriousvic:
embarassed
Madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus). Nice!
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tycoflu:
Snapped with gionee m2
Hi. Were these photos taken in Rivers state?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
M

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Tycoflu(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
naturefellow:
Hi. Were these photos taken in Rivers state?
Nah! the first and second was snapped in Asaba, the third one is shop rite in Enugu. the fourth one is akwa ibom stadium in uyo. This is pH own I have below. last one is abj

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Remilekun101: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
cry

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Red bud smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
Flower (Again!)

Worker bees

Factory ceiling (Loved the lines)

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by timpaker(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
Got this building snapped as I stopped by to buy Orange around Lekki, Lagos this weekend.
I don't know the name of the building and surprisingly even the woman selling me orange doesn't know it too but it reminds me of Big Ben in UK.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
UjSizzle:
Red bud smiley

Where do you get these pictures of yours from?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
Where do you get these pictures of yours from?
That's inside the compound of a manufacturing company.
If you see the flowers inside eh? I'm surprised their staff don't even notice them.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

That's inside the compound of a manufacturing company.
If you see the flowers inside eh? I'm surprised their staff don't even notice them.

Interesting. All taken with a Lumia I suppose?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
timpaker:
Got this building snapped as I stopped by to buy Orange around Lekki, Lagos this weekend.
I don't know the name of the building and surprisingly even the woman selling me orange doesn't know it too but it reminds me of Big Ben in UK.
This church looks like Cathedral Church at CMS. I recall putting a picture of something similar some pages back.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by timpaker(m): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
This church looks like Cathedral Church at CMS. I recall putting a picture of something similar some pages back.

Hmmm....I'm a certified JJC then. But the building is awesome, I guess it is one of those buildings built in 1920 or so.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
Interesting. All taken with a Lumia I suppose?
Uh huh smiley
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
Was going to say the same.

If it's Lekki, then I bet naptu2 knows the building tongue
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
timpaker:

Hmmm....I'm a certified JJC then. But the building is awesome, I guess it is one of those buildings built in 1920 or so.
Yeah! The building is quite old.

UjSizzle:

Uh huh smiley
They never disappoint. . .which is one of the main reasons I have been drawn to Windows phones. grin

Come and eat! grin

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
timpaker:

Cathedral church of Christ, Marina (Anglican) . Built (Read: Completed) 1946. It's the first cathedral in Lagos.

Magnificent building, right? You don't see structures like that today smiley

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
timpaker:

Feraz:

UjSizzle:

Was going to say the same.

If it's Lekki, then I bet naptu2 knows the building tongue

That's Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina and that's Niger House beside it.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

Cathedral church of Christ, Marina (Anglican) . Built (Read: Completed) 1946. It's the first cathedral in Lagos.

Magnificent building, right? You don't see structures like that today smiley

grin This answer can ignite a civil war.

Lagos was divided into 4 in the 1800s.

1) The Europeans (especially the British) who lived on the Marina. They were mainly protestants (primarily Anglicans and Methodists).

2) The Saros (slaves freed by the British. These former slaves had adopted a british lifestyle) who lived in the Olowogbowo area. They were mainly Protestants (predominantly Anglicans). Many of them returned from Sierra Leone.

3) Popos/Aguda. These are former slaves who were taken to Latin America (mainly Brazil and Cuba). The Popo Aguda were mainly catholics. Most of them had been builders and masons in Brazil and Cuba and they built most of the gothic and latin style houses in Lagos. They lived mainly in the Campos area.

4) The indigenes who adhered to African traditional religion and where mainly farmers and fishermen. They lived on the rest of the Island, particularly to the north and west of the others.

Holy Cross Cathedral

Holy Cross Cathedral was built by the Popo Agudas in the 1800s.

The first priest came to Lagos (and said mass) in 1863 and this inspired the Popo Agudas to want to build their own cathedral.

The Agudas began negotiations with the Colonial Government to acquire the land in 1864.

Father Bouche became the first resident priest at Holy Cross in 1868 (though he actually lived behind the house of the famous Candido Da Rocha, one of the wealthiest of the Popo Aguda).

The foundation stone was laid in 1878.

The building was completed in 1881 (with just one tower). Other towers were added in 1883 and 1934.

The building was substantially renovated in 1969.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (44) (Reply)

Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.