Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs - Art, Graphics & Video (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs (112999 Views)

Photographers: Which Camera Will Give Me Blur Effect / These Photographers Will Do Anything To Get The Perfect Shot / Professional Nigerian Photographers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by timpaker(m): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
And hey......did i fail to mention that it was taken with my new Infinix Hote Note
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
naptu2:

grin This answer can ignite a civil war.

Lagos was divided into 4 in the 1800s.

1) The Europeans (especially the British) who lived on the Marina. They were mainly protestants (primarily Anglicans and Methodists).

2) The Saros (slaves freed by the British. These former slaves had adopted a british lifestyle) who lived in the Olowogbowo area. They were mainly Protestants (predominantly Anglicans). Many of them returned from Sierra Leone.

3) Popos/Aguda. These are former slaves who were taken to Latin America (mainly Brazil and Cuba). The Popo Aguda were mainly catholics. Most of them had been builders and masons in Brazil and Cuba and they built most of the gothic and latin style houses in Lagos. They lived mainly in the Campos area.

4) The indigenes who adhered to African traditional religion and where mainly farmers and fishermen. They lived on the rest of the Island, particularly to the north and west of the others.

Holy Cross Cathedral

Holy Cross Cathedral was built by the Popo Agudas in the 1800s.

The first priest came to Lagos (and said mass) in 1863 and this inspired the Popo Agudas to want to build their own cathedral.

The Agudas began negotiations with the Colonial Government to acquire the land in 1864.

Father Bouche became the first resident priest at Holy Cross in 1868 (though he actually lived behind the house of the famous Candido Da Rocha, one of the wealthiest of the Popo Aguda).

The foundation stone was laid in 1878.

The building was completed in 1881 (with just one tower). Other towers were added in 1883 and 1934.

The building was substantially renovated in 1969.
The bolded, is it the Campus area close to Niger Insurance or so; around Mamman Katangora House?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
The bolded, is it the Campus area close to Niger Insurance or so; around Mamman Katangora House?

That's very close. Do you know Campos Mini Stadium?

Campos Square is named after G. Hilario Campos.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
naptu2:

That's very close. Do you know Campos Mini Stadium?

Campos Square is named after G. Hilario Campos.
Yeah. . . One did my training for interhouse sport there while in primary school (St. Mary's); that was before the renovation.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
Yeah. . . One did my training for interhouse sport there while in primary school (St. Mary's); that was before the renovation.

Great! That's the area I'm talking about. Go to the street beside Campos Mini Stadium (Igbosere Road). You'll see the Brazilian Quarters Club there. The Popo Aguda lived in the area around Campbell Street, Igbosere Road, Ajele Street, Catholic Mission Street, etc.

They worship at Holy Cross Cathedral and send their children to St Mary's and St Gregory's (St Gregory's was built in the 1800s because the Agudas wanted their own school after the Saros [Anglicans/Methodists] built CMS Grammar School).
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
naptu2:

grin This answer can ignite a civil war.

Lagos was divided into 4 in the 1800s.

1) The Europeans (especially the British) who lived on the Marina. They were mainly protestants (primarily Anglicans and Methodists).

2) The Saros (slaves freed by the British. These former slaves had adopted a british lifestyle) who lived in the Olowogbowo area. They were mainly Protestants (predominantly Anglicans). Many of them returned from Sierra Leone.

3) Popos/Aguda. These are former slaves who were taken to Latin America (mainly Brazil and Cuba). The Popo Aguda were mainly catholics. Most of them had been builders and masons in Brazil and Cuba and they built most of the gothic and latin style houses in Lagos. They lived mainly in the Campos area.

4) The indigenes who adhered to African traditional religion and where mainly farmers and fishermen. They lived on the rest of the Island, particularly to the north and west of the others.

Holy Cross Cathedral

Holy Cross Cathedral was built by the Popo Agudas in the 1800s.

The first priest came to Lagos (and said mass) in 1863 and this inspired the Popo Agudas to want to build their own cathedral.

The Agudas began negotiations with the Colonial Government to acquire the land in 1864.

Father Bouche became the first resident priest at Holy Cross in 1868 (though he actually lived behind the house of the famous Candido Da Rocha, one of the wealthiest of the Popo Aguda).

The foundation stone was laid in 1878.

The building was completed in 1881 (with just one tower). Other towers were added in 1883 and 1934.

The building was substantially renovated in 1969.
Civil war grin

Where's Holy Cross Cathedral?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

Civil war grin

Where's Holy Cross Cathedral?

It's on Catholic Mission Street, opposite City Hall and not far from Campos Square. Feraz should know it very well, since he attended St Mary's. Feraz, did you go to Holy Cross every Friday in lent for stations of the cross?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-IAvxnBs5Gw4/TbMmUrOywmI/AAAAAAAAA_k/VxiLY67492c/s1600/Holy+Spirit+Cathedral.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by yesboss20(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Thrilling! Y'all have been uploading some sumptuous shots up in here. Great work.

Lemme drop a few "babies" of mine too. They are mostly random shots, all with individual stories surrounding them and they were all taken with my Nokia C5 (I love that phone!)

First up: a view of the fleet on the tarmac at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport, Abuja. I love those seemingly random shots.
Second: no filters yet it seems to have some hue effects caused by some radiation protective coating on the window. It was taken along the Umaru Musa Yar'Adua Expressway, Abuja. Gotta love the sunrise and sunset shots.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
naptu2:

It's on Catholic Mission Street, opposite City Hall and not far from Campos Square. Feraz should know it very well, since he attended St Mary's. Feraz, did you go to Holy Cross every Friday in lent for stations of the cross?
Aite. I'll look out for it when next I'm in the area.

Thanks for the history lesson kiss

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by lhanreh(m): 8:00am On Nov 12, 2015
Smooch energy drink No filters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2015
Oriental Hotel.

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by yesboss20(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2015
Third: ah...this was a pretty awe-inspiring, shrieking-at-the-magnificence-of-God moment for me. I didn't want to leave. Taken at the domestic car park of the Abuja airport. Clouds have been my weakness for years now...their formation/reformation and all. C'est magnifique!

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by yesboss20(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lastly: "the wild", kinda looks like the jungle where Tarzan grew up. However, this was at the border between Areas 2 and 3 in Garki, Abuja. For a moment or two, I saw myself taking a lunge off the rails, grabbing a tree branch and doing the Tarzan stride/scream!

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by yesboss20(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
cc naptu, those shots are awesome! Some of us would think they were taken in St. Petersburg or Bucharest. Kudos.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Mynd44: 12:30am On Nov 13, 2015
Sunset from my house. Love the Golden color

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Tycoflu:

Nah! the first and second was snapped in Asaba, the third one is shop rite in Enugu. the fourth one is akwa ibom stadium in uyo. This is pH own I have below. last one is abj
PH is deteriorating sanitation-wise. The state of the environment in most places is disappointing. So much for the big (oil) city!
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2015
yesboss20:
Third: ah...this was a pretty awe-inspiring, shrieking-at-the-magnificence-of-God moment for me. I didn't want to leave. Taken at the domestic car park of the Abuja airport. Clouds have been my weakness for years now...their formation/reformation and all. C'est magnifique!
Terrific cloud formation!
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2015
lhanreh:
Smooch energy drink
No filters
cool

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2015
yesboss20:
Thrilling! Y'all have been uploading some sumptuous shots up in here. Great work.

Lemme drop a few "babies" of mine too. They are mostly random shots, all with individual stories surrounding them and they were all taken with my Nokia C5 (I love that phone!)

First up: a view of the fleet on the tarmac at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport, Abuja. I love those seemingly random shots.
Second: no filters yet it seems to have some hue effects caused by some radiation protective coating on the window. It was taken along the Umaru Musa Yar'Adua Expressway, Abuja. Gotta love the sunrise and sunset shots.
Hi. Do you work in the aviation industry... ? I want to give aviation photography a shot.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 10:46am On Nov 13, 2015
It's a beautiful day...

6 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
The lone runner. . .

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by cao(f): 7:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Okay maybe I got bored while waiting for the train and decided to play with the fact I was standing under the light...

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Karlebolu(m): 11:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
I'm just returning a photo.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
K

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by gagzee(m): 6:05am On Nov 23, 2015
Been too long I posted on here...
#1 entrance to Kings Mall, adeniran ogunsanya, surulere, Lagos.
#2 SahCol, cargos terminal, MMA, airport road, ikeja. Trucks getting ready to carry goods cleared by the customs.
#3 Bode Thomas, surulere, lagos. Taking a stroll at night
#4 Shoprite, adeniran ogunsanya, surulere, lagos.

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2015
Sunset.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
--

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by yesboss20(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
naturefellow:
Hi. Do you work in the aviation industry... ? I want to give aviation photography a shot.
Yeah, yeah. I do. It's an amazing opportunity to get close to such beauty.
Wow. I like your resolve. Two thumbs up.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2015
Tis the season to be jolly (this will probably be the new home for my holiday pictures).

Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, December 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, December 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by celebgists(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
This my village isanlu Kogi state two months ago I miss the rainy season doh. Luckily took a picture with my HTC one m8

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (44) (Reply)

Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.