Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (29198 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.
He should explain to both of them before making a decision.
Last Bullet
If he choose his brother, he should be ready to face his wife incase the woman failed to understand his decision
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by fyneboi79(m): 9:12am On Jul 20, 2014

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

If the brother is not Stingy and the money would rub off on d entire family,then he should present his brother.But if otherwise then I think he should present his wife.Although for me the spendthrift between d two should be presented grin
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by lonelydora: 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
His brother, but his wife should not know about it.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Godsbaby1(f): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Let him enter into agreement wit his brother, let his brother be giving him 40 to 50% of d salary, they shud set a busines for the wife so to have time for d kids, in my opinion HIS BROTHER

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Karleb(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
The brother cool
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by yek: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2014
straight wifie first. . . brother later

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014
its a no brainer... pick your wife.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014

This one no be long story naw. Abeg na his brother o. He can always support the family with his earnings. Oil job is so demanding that the woman wont even have time to look after her family again which is not right. Na man needs that job most abeg.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Give the job to your wife

Establish a business for your brother

Prepare yourself for real competition. The woman will definitely 'grow wings' on the long run.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by holluwai(m): 9:21am On Jul 20, 2014
Experience is a teacher, the brother!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2014
tchigofigo: 600k per month?..ok oo..if he trust his brother, dn recommend him 4 d job witout lettn d wife knw dt he got it 4 im..wit an agreement dt he'l raise enof money 4 d wife to set up a biznes in his first few months at wrk..wit 600k aside allowances, they cld easily raise a mil in 4 mnths..at least, d wife can run a biz n stil keep an eye on kids
I think you have an excellent head on your neck, bro! You just killed it. The brother with clause of setting up a biz for the wife.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 20, 2014
TV01: ...the wife.

Then;
1. Get a house help for the kid
2. The two brothers can go fishing

This is getting too easy...

TV

**he could of course present them both as part of a suitably qualified set of candidates**

Best answer.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by iswallker(m): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2014

Tales by moonlight... grin
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by SirAweezy(m): 9:26am On Jul 20, 2014
The wife all the way Ooo.because the brother will definitely sound like Peter of P'square 2morrow. The real family is the one you have started.. Grow 1st, b4 you grow Others.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by golor(m): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2014
Pavore9: Na wife o! it is d lesser of d 2 evils. His kids are guaranteed of a more comfortable life. He can later set up something for his brother from his wife's salary. lf d brother gets d job & one chick from nowhere starts giving him "ideas" na gobe o!
to me I will b open to my broda by revealing d actual salary bt I will tel him 200k for me,while 400k for him......my broda all d way if he agrees...
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Kessleek(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Kessleek(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2014
Mrguru: Lolz.. Confused oo... But it's better he goes for the wife, because, that's the rib... Is just like saying, my heart or my brother wink
Nah its more like saying my heart or my blood

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2014
See question oooo.. he get wife and kids, he earns 60k per month, and God con finally answer your Wifey fasting & prayer, and dis friend of yours is still confused on who to choose? Kai! Hin village pips don use hin brain prepare draw soup oooo....Mr man, if your enemy drops dead today, so your wife and kids will starve ba? Craze dey worry u tru tru

9 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Abd08: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2014
drnairalov:

his wife....why... lez say d man dies (*na example oo) How would the wife feed herself and d kids..its easier 4 d guy to strughle through thingz!! even if he gives d broda..u think if anyfin happenz the broda wud be sharing his salary to his bro wife...I doubt it.my humble suggestion. bye
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by orimahspence: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2014
spiralwedge: the wife... most sensible thing

The brother must not know about it and should be sent packing.

Wickedness

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Abd08: 9:38am On Jul 20, 2014
Did he want 2 keep d brother 4ver. The younger ll surely reciprocate d good he has done 4 hm. So d brother z d option
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by einsteino(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2014
It's a very confusing one o.

My fear is a woman eating 10x his salary. There are some women who change as soon as they are the one footing d bills and dere are some who would foot bills and still be so loving and respectful. He is d one who has been living with her and
Kessleek: Nah its more like saying my heart or my blood
knows her better.

I can't imagine getting married with an income as little as his, so that woman must rilli be a nice woman to have stuck with him thru thin.

Also It would be painful to abandon his bro, but some bros could start earning big and meet a jezebel and turn around to say "broda what have u done for me before?"

It's a tough decision to make and don't pray to be in that kind of position. But if he is sure of his wife's faithfulness and respect, he should give it to her and reach an agreement that she would contribute part of d income for some months to a purse with which his bro would either Start a biz or go overseas for an msc.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by TokyoBulls(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2014
He doesn't need your advice or ours. He knows who needs the job more - his wife. How come some people think his brother is more important than his wife? Of course not.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Youngzedd(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2014
orimahspence:

Wickedness

I don read the guy comment shut up, imagine this kind of advise.

Nairalanders nawaaa.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by domwas2(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2014
I'll go for my brother
Blood is thicker, my brother and I always got our back since we were kids, even though we fight we can always come to terms...
Nowaday,married women can't be trusted when they starts working in busy organisation, talkless of single ladies.

If ur friend is ready to bear all these below tell him to go for his wife:
the late night calls,
Non-affection
Honey take the kids to school
Honey I will be coming late
On-bed, dear am tire
I can't cook
Etc
Remember it's not all about money...with all of d above dirvoce will end it all!!! Then he will later fall back to the broda who got nothing. He knows d broda b4 d wife comes in, not giving it to d broda is like been selfish.
Note: it's d ladies that is saying he should go for d wife Here hmmm dn't trust women.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Kessleek(m): 9:55am On Jul 20, 2014
DEYYUM HE SHOULD PRESENT HIS BROTHER THATS A NO BRAINER, THE MAN CAN SURVIVE ON 60K DEPENDING ON HIS LOCATION. I HAVE SEEN MANY FAMILIES THAT EARN 30K OR LESS BUT THE KIDS DO NOT LACK ANYTHING AND THE FAMILY IS UNITED AND HAPPY, BUT IF THIS YOUR FRIEND IS THE TYPE THAT HAVE 12 KIDS SKIPPING AROUND THE HOUSE AND A WOMAN WHO SWALLOWS MOSQUITO ALMOST EVERY TIME, THE MAN CAN STRIKE A DEAL WITH HIS BRO TO BRING SOSOANDSO FOR HIS WIFE TO START A BUSINESS.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Bukola111: 10:00am On Jul 20, 2014
His brother
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by angela98(f): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2014
This is a simple issue. In marriage, your wife or husband is your first priority. Brother or sister , mother or father, are secondary matter. He should present the job to his wife and both of them will workout the care needs of their kid. His unemployed brother will find work someday. No condition is permanent. For this one, the job should be given to his wife period! cool

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2014
drnairalov:

his wife....why... lez say d man dies (*na example oo) How would the wife feed herself and d kids..its easier 4 d guy to strughle through thingz!! even if he gives d broda..u think if anyfin happenz the broda wud be sharing his salary to his bro wife...I doubt it.my humble suggestion. bye
On d other side, dat could cause their divorce or break in marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.