Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (29192 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ivyy(f): 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
golor:
to me I will b open to my broda by revealing d actual salary bt I will tel him 200k for me,while 400k for him......my broda all d way if he agrees...

Really? And you think For every month, hed keep his giving his bro 200k?
Be realistic.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by victorazy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dominiquez: Let him give it to his wife. And agree with the wife that they will use part of her salary to set-up his brother in a business.

Bros ur talking as if u don't know some women! She will let you know that she has family to carta too.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by dnshuta: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
d broda shuld b offered d job, cuz age is nt on his syd nd also he'll lyk 2 b indepndnt...d wyl cn wait 4 her tym since d husbnd still provide d family nidz 4 em..
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by sCross: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
thatchick:

They can afford to pay a new intake 600k and pay him just 60k? He that has experience?
Your story might be true but i dont believe it.

Reread the article. You're getting the story wrong

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by simdam500(m): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
spiralwedge: the wife... most sensible thing

The brother must not know about it and should be sent packing.
you are an EVIL
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by simdam500(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
rolled: 600k for the role of trainee?
Yes I called them dat because they don't seem to have any experience
Which Tv station did you get this story from
Let him present both
None will be qualified sef
helo!!!

Am so very sure evry1 here are looking at the issue from the angle of anyone presented to the company will be employed... Ok
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by simdam500(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
andromida: I don't know the kind of marriages that are happening these days, presently the man is earning 60k if he presents his wife they will have 660k monthly. He'd rather the wife remains jobless and they live a hard life than have more. Same way the wife can change is the same way the brother can change.

How do you marry a woman you cannot trust or have her back.

REMEMBER change is constant...... Even TRUST u say CHANGES
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jeanred(f): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Let him give the brother..
The brother would be forever indebted to
him and Indebtedness would make him
do favours worth more Dan d original 600k..
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nicepoker(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
afrobaby: You people will not kill me on nairaland, His brother my foot. What can 60k take care of, oh, I see, when the brother gets the job, he will give the salary to him abi? Abeg, make I hear word jare, whether the wife earns higher than you or not, if she wants to be rude, she will be, gbam.

A woman that has been taking care of his brother for 2 years, and now he wants to betray her. Lest I forget, a certain age will come when a woman especially with kids wll not be able to secure a trainee job again, abeg, let him pick his wife. I don't know what some people take marriages for. Marriage is worse when the funds in the home is too little, I wonder how they are even coping with 60k in the first place.

Oh, oh, oh, I trust my Michael, speedily without a thought, na him go even edit and submit my CV. Afterall,the money is still coming into his immediate Family. Afterall, eni ti o ni eru lo ni eru.

The brother na guy, opportunities will still come, at least he doesn't have a family to take care of now.
finally sum one has spoken
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by simdam500(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
afrobaby: You people will not kill me on nairaland, His brother my foot. What can 60k take care of, oh, I see, when the brother gets the job, he will give the salary to him abi? Abeg, make I hear word jare, whether the wife earns higher than you or not, if she wants to be rude, she will be, gbam.

A woman that has been taking care of his brother for 2 years, and now he wants to betray her. Lest I forget, a certain age will come when a woman especially with kids wll not be able to secure a trainee job again, abeg, let him pick his wife. I don't know what some people take marriages for. Marriage is worse when the funds in the home is too little, I wonder how they are even coping with 60k in the first place.

Oh, oh, oh, I trust my Michael, speedily without a thought, na him go even edit and submit my CV. Afterall,the money is still coming into his immediate Family. Afterall, eni ti o ni eru lo ni eru.

The brother na guy, opportunities will still come, at least he doesn't have a family to take care of now.
crap...

Looking at the issue in a plain nairaland ground, no qualms... Ok.

The contract shud be awarded to the brother, when did he met u even We are talkin of someone they spend the early stage of their life closely together... If the man is not careful, he will regret it... The same way he has your curriculum vitae, i suppose he should ave his bro own and edit his bro too.

Ladies grow wing(you and i know e kin soro mo to ba di oro owo).

Being married does not guarantee total trust, and if some one is ever going to betray his trust, not his brother i say and even if he sure knows his bro would dare betray him, he wont even think twice before he sign his wife...

Simple!

Dont forget... Eni to ba ara ile e lopo, ko le ri ra lo won
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by simdam500(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
ferhyntorlah: It's time for the brother to chart the course of his life.
see wetin money go cause...

Dont be suprise if u take the place of d brother...
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by spiralwedge(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
most of the posters attacking me on this are single jobless male parasites squatting with their married brothers (and claiming rights). Shame.

u guys go better go get a life.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by mavinc4u(f): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
let him give it to whoever he knows that is capable of doing the job between them to avoid loosing the opportunity to someone that would not perform and get rejected or sacked at the end.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by simdam500(m): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
ferhyntorlah: comprehension is really a BIG issue. What's selfish in wanting the brother to chart his life course? It's time for the brother to chart the course of his life; let the man recommend his brother. That way, he can be INDEPENDENT and STOP relying on his big brother!
oh! Please dont say simdam500 the bebe scout?
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by evea: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
Guy settle ur bros. U can always cater for ur wife. Jst mk her understand tins. If u give ur wife ur bros can turn against u bt wen u talk tins ova with ur wife. Tins wil b fine. BT pls,dnt insult her or mk her feel she's nt useful. Remember, She is making up a gd n blessed home 4 u nw

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by tomiobj(m): 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.
. Two answers. 1.if you are financially stable and don't need money that much u can gv d job to your broda. Givn your wife just doubles ur family income. Give your broda to lend him an helping hand because he will help you later when you have nothing.
2. If u need money a lot. Gv ur wyf to double your total family income and gv u more money
I personally recommend no1. But no matter the option you choose discuss it among both of them. They could add deir opinions also
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by chitokwe(f): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dominiquez: Let him give it to his wife. And agree with the wife that they will use part of her salary to set-up his brother in a business.

Good

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by spiralwedge(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Amadaz: No matter the love I have for my wife, I place my bro above it. For christ sake this is my direct blood, the person I grew up with under same roof, share the same history, share the same parents... Na my bro joor

this is precisely the reason marriage doesn't work in this part of the world

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ayaayoola: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
am available for d job ohhhh biko help me out.
BT in my own opinion gv d slot to ur bro means u Ve help a family. ;Dam available for d job ohhhh biko help me out.
BT in my own opinion gv d slot to ur bro means u Ve help a family.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by linearity: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
You shld give it to your wife, but the bitter truth is, with a pay ration of more than1:10 between you and your wife, give it five years max, she will be the one wearing the pants in that house.

So, you really have to step up your games a notch or two.

Don't believe those that says, if she is a good wife, she will remain the same, that is an utopian dream, in the real world, he that pays the piper dictates the tune.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by biomedixexcel(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Undecided
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
makzeze: moderators, ban him pls for abusive word.

Lol... grin

It's not abusive if you're stating the fact!
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by jayokla: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
He should give his wife, they can in turn help the brother start up a business or even get him a job in the company when she's fully settled down there.... if he gives his brother, yes they can go as far as "striking a deal " of a particular % returns every month, but no matter how loyal and helpful the brother may be if he gets the job, a day will come when he will get a wife and start his own family, his focus will change and nobody will blame him for shifting his focus to his own family...

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by allycat: 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
How many of your father's brothers are contributing to your education or contributed to your education. Is it not your mother's that made or are making anhe extra sacrifice to make sure you are educated and fed. I have seen so many cases when a man is down and he sends his children to the brothers house they become house helps to the brothers family. How many uncles put their nephews in the same school with their children. If you value your brother over your wife and mother of your children then in fact you value his children over your own. We betide you if you fall ill or worse case die you have sentenced your children to he'll. And if you were my father and u hear you had the opportunity to empower my mother and chose your brothers welfare over us your children I would spit on your grave and curse the day my mother allowed you father me.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:08am On Jul 21, 2014
Jman06: @Op, please and please tell your friend to recommend his BROTHER for the job. That's d wisest decision to make in this case. His wife might get the job and use her money only for her parental home while expecting her hobby to still be 'breadwinner' of the house regardless of who earns more (like we 've read many women say here on this forum), but his brother will never forget him and his family when d chips are down, considering that they have been through thick and thin together. A word is enough for the wise.

When I hear how some people reason, I tremble, cry and finally kneel down and thank my God for the kind of man am married to! What wld I have done if I married someone like this poster

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:11am On Jul 21, 2014
Matttthew: Brother..... Women er not the type that understands easy.... She might even grow wings after being employed. Just forget it n take it to your brother, are you not a family man? Do u want him to cont'd being dependant on you.... He av to live his life now.... Helping is no crime.

When I hear how some people reason, I tremble, cry and finally kneel down and thank my God for the kind of man am married to! What wld I have done if I married someone like this poster
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:13am On Jul 21, 2014
dahmie2013: OP, his brother&his wife must never no about d fact dat he had d optn 2 pick her. First, if he doesn't pick his broda, he'll be dependent on him&dats an xtra burden. If d wife finds out, she might not take it lighty, depending on d kind of wife she is.

Dis shud be btwn dem, dey shudnt let her no.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:20am On Jul 21, 2014
phabulous88: I'll discuss the job opening with my wife first cos she's mine and we're one. If she's willing to take it, then my brother wouldn't know about the job. If she doesn't want it, then together (my wife and I), we'll present it to my bro.

May your days be longer than it would have been. You will surely have a good marital life or will have cuS you know how to build a good home.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:24am On Jul 21, 2014
lonelydora: His brother, but his wife should not know about it.

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:28am On Jul 21, 2014
domwas2: I'll go for my brother
Blood is thicker, my brother and I always got our back since we were kids, even though we fight we can always come to terms...
Nowaday,married women can't be trusted when they starts working in busy organisation, talkless of single ladies.

If ur friend is ready to bear all these below tell him to go for his wife:
the late night calls,
Non-affection
Honey take the kids to school
Honey I will be coming late
On-bed, dear am tire
I can't cook
Etc
Remember it's not all about money...with all of d above dirvoce will end it all!!! Then he will later fall back to the broda who got nothing. He knows d broda b4 d wife comes in, not giving it to d broda is like been selfish.
Note: it's d ladies that is saying he should go for d wife Here hmmm dn't trust women.

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:42am On Jul 21, 2014
passionate88: Thank you my brother man... The way our girls think money now is frightening... Not all women will want to climb their husband's head when/if they earn higher than him but most will.

Has iS it ever occurred to you that without her hubby, the woman can Still get Such job? In that case, what doeS She do? Tell them,"oh, soryy, I have a hubby who earns less than that an I don't wanna climb hiS head?
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:46am On Jul 21, 2014
Suresh08: ur own blood should always come first.
after all they hv been managing 60k all this while

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.