Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (29209 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:49am On Jul 21, 2014
tochimajesty: You guys make me laugh, don't tempt a women with money unless u want to c d hidden characters because of d fact she is not d breadwinner. D moment she got d job, highest one year now divorce straight then another man go mary her with d 600k, then your eyes go open. Go ask my uncle he will explain better how it happened to him. I take brother cos blood s thicker than a woman's love

When I hear how some people reason, I shudder, cry and finally kneel down and thank my God for the kind of man am married to! What wld I have done if I married someone like this poster

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 1:56am On Jul 21, 2014
Ngokafor:

...Most of you saying that he should recommend his brother are very wicked and selfish..do you guys ever think at all?..
...How can sane folks be spewing the kind of crap i have read so far?..
...so in your minds..a married man with a jobless wife with a kid,earning a measly 60k a month which we are aware is not even enough for a single adult how much more a married man,should recommend his brother for this dream job while he and his wife wallows in abject poverty?..does that honestly make sense to you all?..
...lets assume you all hate his wife,but what about his kids?...arent they more of his blood than that of his brother?,who will certainly marry and concentrate on his own family and not on some so-called 'benevolent brother?.There are countless stories of brothers turning their backs on family members who have helped them tremendously in the past so what are you talking about..
.. whose welfare should a normal married man be looking out for?..his young children or grown-ass siblings old enough to take care of themselves?...

...Like i said earlier,most of you do not know what marriage is all about..therefore the earlier you leave itfor those who do,the better for women,innocent children and the society in general.

My dear ehh, I never knew people reaSon so lowly!!! Its amaZing!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 2:01am On Jul 21, 2014
dnshuta: d broda shuld b offered d job, cuz age is nt on his syd nd also he'll lyk 2 b indepndnt...d wyl cn wait 4 her tym since d husbnd still provide d family nidz 4 em..

With? 60k? Hehehehehe...hahahahaha. Lol. Dats money for just breakfast. Poverty at itS peak!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Carlmax(m): 3:57am On Jul 21, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.

To be honest, he should be careful too much oil company job scam everywhere... but if its real, then he should pick the wife.... something would show up for the bro soon.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by teemsa: 4:35am On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=rolled]600k for the role of trainee?
Yes I called them dat because they don't seem to have any experience
Which Tv station did you get this story from
Let him present both
None will be qualified sef
[/quote
Hahahaha]
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by 2mNaira: 5:02am On Jul 21, 2014
All d ladies are right.
The wise thg is to give it to his wife.
He and his children will be more comfortable.Life will be better for him and his family.

The wiser thg is to give it to his brother.That would be quite selfless of him.Friend, he shld give his brother a liftg in life.

Even if his brother turns out an ingrate, it would still be d right thg to do.

He shld wish selflessly for his brother to be on his own and have his own family.Cmon, his brother and wife would most probably get on each others nerves often.

When a man is jobless he has little respect and even more when he is still squatg or dependg on others.

But if a married woman is jobless , she doesn't lose any respect.She is seen as a full time house wife.

Let him selflessly give his KID BROTHER a liftg up in life.

While d arrangement to get moni from his brother from d job is not a bad idea, he should hope primarily dt havg done d right thg as a big brother , God will open doors of better opportuniy him and his wife.

Whether or not his brother turned out an ingrate,
giving his brother a liftg in life is d right thg to do.

Finally , d kind of wife he has, he shld be wise in his decision to to tell or not tell his wife about it.

If his wife is a good wife , if he ever discusses it with her, she would naturally advise him to give his kid brother a liftg in life.

Good women, I must say are rare, so also are good men(if u know what I mean).

P.S.
Admitted, d pressure of raisg a family can be high, but life shld not always be about me , my wife, my children.

I must quickly add dt I noticed dt most men here are sayg he shlg choose his brother only from d stand point of selfishness.That is still not d best. If his brother is smart and naturally has a good chance of gettg another job, he shld choose his wife.

It is also v imp to think of who is more qualified so dt both of dm do not lose d job unless it is completely certain dt anyone he chooses will get d job.

I also noted dt many women here(many not all) are sayg he shld choose his wife from d stand point of selfishness.It is not d best.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by passionate88: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2014
Maonyz:

Has iS it ever occurred to you that without her hubby, the woman can Still get Such job? In that case, what doeS She do? Tell them,"oh, soryy, I have a hubby who earns less than that an I don't wanna climb hiS head?
When I hear how some people reason, I tremble, cry and finally kneel down and thank my God for the kind of man am married to! What wld I have done if I married someone like this poster
Marriage is not my thing... Most modern days marriage are scams and are filled with lies nd deceits.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Vikky014(f): 6:04am On Jul 21, 2014
Pls the job is for d wife nt broda!the broda shld go and look for job as a man cause he will use d moni & lavish on side cheeks since he didnt suffer to get it,or He may marry a bad woman dt will prvent him from appreciatn HIS BRODA & wife
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by lonelydora: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Maonyz:

When I hear how some people reason, I tremble, cry and finally kneel down and thank my God for the kind of man am married to! What wld I have done if I married someone like this poster

In this case, i will put my brother and that does not mean i don't love my wife. I know i am better than your hubby when it comes to loving my wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by driand(m): 7:07am On Jul 21, 2014
As a typical igbo man, I will consider the first law of business, : self interest first.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by CoCoLav(f): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2014
Rockmyworld:

God bless you brother for this wonderful piece. this is what have been preaching. some men can be very funny, if the woman was to make a pick between her husband and her own brother she won't think twice before picking the husband and nobody will question her decision. but why is reverse not the case.? I wonder why will any man marry a woman he never trust but expect the wife to love and trust her. your family (wife and children) should baby Ur top most priority in any decision one make.
thanks bro truly many don't know what marriage entails.
I can never pick my brother over my wife never. except maybe she insist I give it to my brother before I'll.

Men like you give me hope.

I was almost giving up

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by CoCoLav(f): 7:54am On Jul 21, 2014
Maonyz:

When I hear how some people reason, I shudder, cry and finally kneel down and thank my God for the kind of man am married to! What wld I have done if I married someone like this poster

Same thought I have been having. Wise people are fast becoming extinct. SMH!

And some women will still end up with some men here shocked shocked

I want to believe some of the posters here are in the same situation as the kid brother hence their comments. Maybe when they get married, they will be wiser.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by NSNA: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2014
can this thread have a poll.

The brother is the wisest decision.

Two made men is always the best option because the woman/women can rely on them but the other way round can cause troubles for the man.

This is not about not loving your wife, it is just the wisest decision.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by sucobaba(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2014
He should discuss the issue with his wife and calmly explain things to her...let her see reasons why the brother should be put forward...2years under their roof must have been suffocating to all parties,they have been managing his 60k check for these long so him and his family will cope,the brother will become independent...move out and start his life.Who says a better offer can't suffice?who says the husband's brother can't even be the one to be used for that?
Yes,nobody will feel comfortable and happy in such situation but the message passed will be very important and rewarding in the long run.
The husband's brother should be made to understand that the decision was not his alone but a joint decision between husband and wife...am sure he will ever be indebted and if any opening should come up in his new place.....we all know who will be put forward.
NB
Here i am assuming the husband's brother has come of age to be independent and start a family....been responsible also a plus
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Rockmyworld(m): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2014
CoCoLav:

Men like you give me hope.

I was almost giving up

no you shouldn't. I believe in true love right from when I was little. watching how my parents do their thing, my father can never take any decision without the consent of my mum. love and respect should be reciprocal in our relationship but unfortunately men of these days want love and respect from their wife but don't do the same to them. women are suppose to be treated like treasures their satisfaction should come first even before ours. I love and cherise my woman and I'll put my family first in any decision am taking in life.
thanks for the reply cocolav

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
sammieguze: Putting in mind the kinda attitude we human beings have, i will suggest he nominate his brother due to the following.

As a woman, if she is nominated, the job maybe tasking, hence, the neglect of the children. It might also involve travelling which is at the detriment of the kids.

Nominating the wife will put her in the fore front financially which might in turn make her lose respect for her husband leading to broken home.

Nominating his only brother otherwise will make the brother grateful hence, always ready and willing to always help him out later. Afterall, he has nobody else to call family.

have you tried to see the way siblings treat their elder ones after helping them get on their feet?

must you marry if you dont love and trust your wife?
are u not considering your kids?, whether she changes or not, she must take care of her kids which is a plus for you. if your bro agree to the setting ur wife up. he may change his mind after a few months saying he has a family to cater for. this brother will and cannot do same for you.

abeg, lets all open our eyes and hearts and stop being sentimental. i am not saying this cos i am a lady but cos of the kids. most women are working these days and they still take care of their kids so don't come with that now.

try take a poll of people who have sacrificed for their siblings and what they got in return.

Rockmyworld, just like your name you will def rock your wife's world. you are rare among men.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by hohafrank(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Of course I will choose my wife.The two options are like choosing myself and my brother.Myself and my wife are chasing towards the same goal, that is building an enviable family.To be candid, as soon as my brother gets the job and marries,bye bye to the bond that exists between us.His priority now is given to his family.So why should a reasonably man choose his brother in place of his wife.........the better half of him? I am talking of ideal situation.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Rockmyworld(m): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

have you tried to see the way siblings treat their elder ones after helping them get on their feet?

must you marry if you dont love and trust your wife?
are u not considering your kids?, whether she changes or not, she must take care of her kids which is a plus for you. if your bro agree to the setting ur wife up. he may change his mind after a few months saying he has a family to cater for. this brother will and cannot do same for you.

abeg, lets all open our eyes and hearts and stop being sentimental. i am not saying this cos i am a lady but cos of the kids. most women are working these days and they still take care of their kids so don't come with that now.

try take a poll of people who have sacrificed for their siblings and what they got in return.

Rockmyworld, just like your name you will def rock your wife's world. you are rare among men.

thanks so much dhabeautyjas. I notice from most comments here that men see themselves as two not as one anymore because what I noticed today is that men just go out pick a woman marry her to have kids for him nothing more. No trust exist anymore between couples again, how will you imagine that your wife will change character and leave you when she's working and earning high? it shows you don't really know who you got married to. everything happening now is because people marry without true love hence no trust. I know a lot of ladies have actually spoil the image of good women. but that doesn't mean every lady shouldn't be trusted. lets just try hard and look for our true love. though have find mine nearly six years ago now. *winks*

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by CoCoLav(f): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Rockmyworld:

no you shouldn't. I believe in true love right from when I was little. watching how my parents do their thing, my father can never take any decision without the consent of my mum. love and respect should be reciprocal in our relationship but unfortunately men of these days want love and respect from their wife but don't do the same to them. women are suppose to be treated like treasures their satisfaction should come first even before ours. I love and cherise my woman and I'll put my family first in any decision am taking in life.
thanks for the reply cocolav

You are welcome
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by dhabeautyjas(f): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Rockmyworld:

thanks so much dhabeautyjas. I notice from most comments here that men see themselves as two not as one anymore because what I noticed today is that men just go out pick a woman marry her to have kids for him nothing more. No trust exist anymore between couples again, how will you imagine that your wife will change character and leave you when she's working and earning high? it shows you don't really know who you got married to. everything happening now is because people marry without true love hence no trust. I know a lot of ladies have actually spoil the image of good women. but that doesn't mean every lady shouldn't be trusted. lets just try hard and look for our true love. though have find mine nearly six years ago now. *winks*

yeah, i found mine too 5 years ago. most brothers will even tell you their family first by the time they are settled. and people seem not to understand the difference between family and relations. when single, your siblings and parent are your immediate family but once married, husband/wife and kids are your immediate family while your siblings become secondary making them relations.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Jman06(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Maonyz:

U obviously married a wussy who does all your whims and caprices.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Rockmyworld(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

yeah, i found mine too 5 years ago. most brothers will even tell you their family first by the time they are settled. and people seem not to understand the difference between family and relations. when single, your siblings and parent are your immediate family but once married, husband/wife and kids are your immediate family while your siblings become secondary making them relations.

you're right. but that doesn't change the fact that we won't help our siblings or relations. what the op need to tell his friend is that the final decision should come from the wife. at least give her that respect and sense of openness.
thanks dhabeautyjas appreciate

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by allycat: 12:56am On Jul 22, 2014
Ok let's put it this way if your father has 10 million to give to either your mother or your uncle for business who should he give it to. Remember your mother is his wife and his brother is his blood.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by domwas2(m): 10:58am On Jul 22, 2014
Maonyz:

KAI marry someone like me? lol ☺ lol NO way, thanks ur God u got married to a mumunni!!!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by domwas2(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2014
allycat: Ok let's put it this way if your father has 10 million to give to either your mother or your uncle for business who should he give it to. Remember your mother is his wife and his brother is his blood.
Out of question dat is already made cash not labouring for cash
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by domwas2(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2014
CoCoLav:

Same thought I have been having. Wise people are fast becoming extinct. SMH!

And some women will still end up with some men here shocked shocked

I want to believe some of the posters here are in the same situation as the kid brother hence their comments. Maybe when they get married, they will be wiser.
Pple like u after marrying a guy drag him off his family, so u expect ur brother inlaw sit around doing ur home chores taking care of ur kids while u there jumping around abeg pls go back to the kitchen jor... It's always about their immediate family not others.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by domwas2(m): 11:19am On Jul 22, 2014
NSNA: can this thread have a poll.

The brother is the wisest decision.

Two made men is always the best option because the woman/women can rely on them but the other way round can cause troubles for the man.

This is not about not loving your wife, it is just the wisest decision.
THANK U!!!
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by allycat: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=domwas2]
Out of question dat is already made cash not labouring for cash[/quote

What I am asking is whom do you expect your father to value more, your uncles who are after all his blood or your mother who is a woman. Marriages still break up after 25 years.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
passionate88: Marriage is not my thing... Most modern days marriage are scams and are filled with lies nd deceits.

Its my thing. I don't see marriage in that light and that's why I am getting the beSt out of it. I have been married for years and my testimony is: its a beauriful thing!
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by dhabeautyjas(f): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rockmyworld:

you're right. but that doesn't change the fact that we won't help our siblings or relations. what the op need to tell his friend is that the final decision should come from the wife. at least give her that respect and sense of openness.
thanks dhabeautyjas appreciate

Yes, when its within your power to help, you have to do but when the question is to make a choice between you spouse and them then your spouse should be the choice.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
domwas2:

KAI marry someone like me? lol ☺ lol NO way, thanks ur God u got married to a mumunni!!!

Abi? Join me in thanking God for these mumuiSm that haS made uS Stay in peace and total happinesS for years.if what you diSplayed in your post here iS what you call wisdom, Keep your wisdom to your self.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Maonyz(f): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
lonelydora:

In this case, i will put my brother and that does not mean i don't love my wife. I know i am better than your hubby when it comes to loving my wife.

Heheheheheh. ItS obvious from your way of reasoning. Isn't it?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Man Chases His Wife Out For Allegedly Calling Him An Animal In Public (vid) / Don't Become The Family ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.