Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. (22615 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by smudge2079(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

There is no such thing as sin. There are right things and there are wrong things. Homosexuality is a wrong thing.
Right is right, wrong is sin broda.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Wisdytech(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2014
Cheated By Lover: 21-yr-old Student Commits Suicide In Calabar -

www.nairaland.com/1816311/jilted-lover-21-yr-old-student-commits#24749071
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Akshow: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

Sir i get your point, but the fact of it all is that, hating the sin and living the sinner alone doesn't apply to all sin, because ritual killing is a sin and the ritualist is the sinner,.I HATE BOTH. My friend here is in support of gay right 100%, he got approached by a gay guy at a club, he got angry and almost started a fight with the gay guy.

Is that part of the support for gay right we are talking about?
If u are by any chance comparing gays with ritual killers then I'm afraid I have nothing more to argue with u. As for ur friend who got approached by a gay....like minds flock and attract each other. In my thirty something years of existence and partying and clubbing, I've never been approached by a guy. He chop craze? I don't look, act, dress or behave like one of the, why should I be approached. They know their types and d kind of guys they mess with.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Mudley313: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

The backwardness of my papa mind should be monitored.
i agree
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2014
wink

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 17, 2014
ochallo: for those of you saying homosexuality is imported and is not african, you can simply educate yourself by reading the wikipedia page on homosexuality and destroy the ignorance that is synonymous to africans.

Western manipulation at its best! Now they have cunningly added these excepts to their Wikipedia page, lol, just to convince people like you, that homosexuality existed in Africa.

The Western people have lied a lot about too many things that have come from Africa in order to pass us off as crude, needy, unintelligent and so many bad things.

I will never believe what a white man writes about Africa again! Especially when it supports any of their stupid ideas, if you want real history please go and speak to the people in the community. Oral tradition has not died in Africa.

I am IGBO girl, and homosexuality never existed in Igboland, it was unthinkable, even we do not have a term for it. The history is there in itself, anything that does not have a term in any language never existed in that area.

As for those that will quote me and say bullshit about killing of twins and crap, you do not compare a non-existent culture with an abolished culture, there is no basis for comparison. Even a 6 year old can decipher that.
Thanks......

4 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by kbabajide(m): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Half of there budget is frm international aid so y won't dey succumb

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by CyrusLevi(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2014
VantagePoint:
Say what you will, African nations consider homosexuality abhorrent and unnatural. Just as Western nations cannot condone infringing on "international human rights", we also don't condone gay relationships; it is un-African!
One might as well de-criminalize inces.t, substance abuse since it occurs between consenting, non-threatening adults.
simple questions-

Why can't you allow gay relationships?Explain in detail the un-africanism about homosexuality?

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 17, 2014
Akshow: If u are by any chance comparing gays with ritual killers then I'm afraid I have nothing more to argue with u. As for ur friend who got approached by a gay....like minds flock and attract each other. In my thirty something years of existence and partying and clubbing, I've never been approached by a guy. He chop craze? I don't look, act, dress or behave like one of the, why should I be approached. They know their types and d kind of guys they mess with.

Sir when i was in prince george, they do approach guys in clubs sha, and yes i have seen it happen many times
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by henryobinna(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2014
mrvocalprowess: we all knw its jst a matter of time b4 Nigeria do same..
hehe, onyx godwin.
the gay ars.e ni.gga,.

I bet you won't be alive then to enjoy the 'gay privilege'

hehe.... ntooor
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Akshow: 8:35am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Its un-african.
yeah it is.... While the vices reetarding our growth as a continent are Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by butterflyy(f): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2014
It's a good move, I must say. Afterall, we all re distinct individuals n as so free to be whomever we are, n do what we want with ourselves, knowing it's not in any way affecting d Peace of d community n nation. Gay this, gay that. D more u talk abt it, d more it's root spread. Just let them b.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 17, 2014
laplace19:

You go soon collect am...

Ihere onwe gi megbuo gi...

I'm sorry, was that supposed to work?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Akshow: 8:37am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

Sir when i was in prince george, they do approach guys in clubs sha, and yes i have seen it happen many times
like I said, like minds attract each other.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Rilamaka:

Western manipulation at its best! Now they have cunningly added these excepts to their Wikipedia page, lol, just to convince people like you, that homosexuality existed in Africa.

The Western people have lied a lot about too many things that have come from Africa in order to pass us off as crude, needy, unintelligent and so many bad things.

I will never believe what a white man writes about Africa again! Especially when it supports any of their stupid ideas, if you want real history please go and speak to the people in the community. Oral tradition has not died in Africa.

I am IGBO girl, and homosexuality never existed in Igboland, it was unthinkable, even we do not have a term for it. The history is there in itself, anything that does not have a term in any language never existed in that area.

As for those that will quote me and say bullshit about killing of twins and crap, you do not compare a non-existent culture with an abolished culture, there is no basis for comparison. Even a 6 year old can decipher that.
Thanks......

Western manipulation INDEED. I weep for you.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by CyrusLevi(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2014
philtex: i HATE gays.!!
People have been hating them for centuries but they are still very much alive all over the globe.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 17, 2014
Akshow: like I said, like minds attract each other.

lol... kudos
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by 50calibre(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2014
The thought of homosexuality makes me sick, most Africans are repulsed by it.

Homosexuality is a serious problem in our society today, & the west is fighting tooth and nail to introduce it to Africa. Homosexuality is not something that can be allowed to thrive or breed in Africa, it should be stopped aggressively before it adds to Africa's woes.

I for one has Zero tolerance for homosexuality, I can't stand it, it disgusts me, it repulses me, and I consider it a strong mental illness.

Africans can't be blackmailed into accepting what they consider a pariah. The many brainwashed fools on this thread comparing homosexuality to racism and what not should please explain to my why polygamy isnt recognised by western culture. Since it's in the interest of human rights, a man should be able to marry as many wives as he wants.

Now we have guys boning fellow guys in the as*s, what comes next? People getting married to goats, trees perhaps

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Western manipulation INDEED. I weep for you.

WEEP for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by jericco1(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2014
Foreign pressure! Pity
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 17, 2014
Rilamaka:

WEEP for yourself.

I don't need to. I'm educated.

But continue to stress your life with other people's decisions that don't concern you. That's what the white man told you to do, right? *cracks whip*
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Agrika: 8:41am On Jul 17, 2014
smudge2079: Oops... 90% of our ladies are into it but dey are always d first group of people to abuse homosexuals. Am not supporting dis act but my point is he or she who is without sin should cast d first stone.
speak for urself if ur female relatives and gf are into it doesnt mean other ladies are practising it......same sex relationship is "unnatural" and as far as am concerned, disgusting acts such as paedophilia, RAPE, Bestiality etc are also unatural....but y be say na only gay people dem naija Govt. Put eye for....the funniest thing is that most of these politicians and religious heads are into it....a girl of 6 is raped people treat d matter with kid gloves and in some part of the country may even be forced to marry the man sef.....matter wey we suppose shout we no go shout...but go come concentrate on matter wey no even to some extent no even concern us.....14 years! Haba! Meanwhile person wey chop pensioners money is given only 2years! Talk of hypocrisy at its peak.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by blackpanda: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2014
IdiatFF:

I will respond to your post from the rear.
First, do you for real think with this decision, the West will 'flock' to Malawi and ignite any meanful development? Sir I do not think so. It is silly for a man to assume that he will be helped by another man just because he decides to dance nake just because the other man likes nake pictures. How about his self worth afterward? Malawi do have a culture like every other African countries which had been in place from time immemorial, but for one Banda to, for a pot of porridge, decide to desecrate such culture corrupting it with another country's show that she is a coward, uncreative and unfit to lead Malawi; development should not be hinged on mendicancy.

Secondly, you asked "... what is Un-african about a sensible
government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons
express their sexuality as they will?" It is known that homosexualism is never of Africa, it was imported. So if we enact laws to prevent it from corrupting our culture and ways of life, I see nothing bad in that. But for outsiders (The West) to threaten a sovereign nation to import an alien culture of theirs into its, Mister, such should be resisted vehemently.

Rubbish talk born from ignorance.
Homosexuality has nothing to do with culture. But even if it did, are we now criminalizing people for practicing a culture alien to ours? Last I checked nigeria was a multicultural society, and if my culture isnt hurting u then why criminalize it.

Moreover, criminalizing sexuality does not stop people from being gay, it just means they will be forced to hide in the closet, forced to marry women they will never love, forced to keep spteading hiv (unknowingly, since medical services are outlawed).
The antigay law has no benefit whatsoever other than to placate ignorant citizens from focusing on real issuues in society.

6 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by CyrusLevi(m): 8:44am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

you tell me the benefit of gay freedom in our society today?
when you support the govt in taking away the freedom of some people,that same govt won't think twice in denying you your rights as well.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by akpabana: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2014
jayseehe: Nigeria should do the same
Well, your opinion anyway because dog BEGATH dog.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Akshow: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2014
TheWholeTruth: Malawi is afraid of the unknown.

A begger will always act like one.

The glory of Africa is diminishing.

Talk about grandeur disillusion of the highest order. What glory does Africa has?

U were parading naeked before oyinbo people come give u cloth. Now u have d guts to say being naeked is "unafrica"

Those wey bring religion come for una are opening up their heart and accepting gays but, u wey them hand over d religion to as tokunbo or second hand dey more fanatical and bigoted holier than thou.

That's y Africa will always remain backward. Gays are the least of our problem in the face of poverty, hunger, diseases, bad leadership etc

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by CyrusLevi(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2014
Tofax: @IdiatFF, Joyce Banda is not the Malawian President but President Peter Mutharika.
Newly elected president,she's not far from it.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by IdiatFF(f): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2014
Still wondering what each of these protagonists of homosexualism must have read that make them think it is okay for a man to sleep with a man and a woman sleeps with a woman. What could make an informed fellow support this despicable and queer act of Homosexualism? Is it freedom of opinion or just a sheer show of good usage of words. Or just for the sake of bringing forth an argument? If you failed to see Homosexualism as despicable act then you sure need to go for sanity test...final!

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by henryobinna(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2014
mrvocalprowess: d funniest part of dis is dat d whites brought d Christianity we are all crazy about here!!!! is Christianity african? is Mobile phones,trousers, weaves, internet,shopping malls,cinemas, English African? we only use d term "unafrican' wen it suit us!! even d bible is unafrican!!
now let me get this thing straight son!

truely these things you mentioned are not African but tell me, if we accept these things does that also mean we'll accept something we think is wrong?
you talking about Christianity, have you thought of Islam and our traditional religions, are they inline with the pro-gay stuff? a resounding NO!
so now I'll like you to tell me, on what basis should homosexualism be legalised in Nigeria.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by blackpanda: 8:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Ui
Rilamaka:

Thanks......

because u didnt know of any homosexuals doesnt meet they didnt exist.
Discrimination, ignorance and hate has forced gays to go underground for centuries. Doesnt mean they stopped being gay. They got married to cover face just like homophobes wanted, but still had gay sex.
Statistically 1 in every 10 men is gay. So look around closely before ypu wallow in self deceit

4 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2014
CyrusLevi: when you support the govt in taking away the freedom of some people,that same govt won't think twice in denying you your rights as well.

In the same vain, When you support the government in granting rights to people, that same government won't think twice in granting extra rights for armed robbers/ritualist to operate legally.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2014
butterflyy: It's a good move, I must say. Afterall, we all re distinct individuals n as so free to be whomever we are, n do what we want with ourselves, knowing it's not in any way affecting d Peace of d community n nation. Gay this, gay that. D more u talk abt it, d more it's root spread. Just let them b.
I agree, de more we talk abt it de more it get popular. but kn DAT de more we save innocent people from being deceived by these demented gay advocate. its practically evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / 'Sea Of Flames': 46 Killed In Taiwan Buiidling Fire / Nigerian Man Goes On Rampage In Italy, Assaults Police Officers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.