Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Behold The Jewel Of My Heart - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart (31008 Views)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot / E-book, Wole Soyinka's Lion And The Jewel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dorisbest:
thank u. I was begining to think this story is toooo boring
don't think so dear. I was a kind of busy tgat was why i didn't comment last week. I love your work. You are wonderfull. Please don't be discourage
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 10:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
TiffanyJ:
don't think so dear. I was a kind of busy tgat was why i didn't comment last week. I love your work. You are wonderfull. Please don't be discourage
yea, thank u, Tiffanyj. Am not discourage

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 20, 2014
Dorisbest:
Glad to have you here, Divepen
im glad i saw d last upd8
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Jack had been pleading with Amy to forgive him.
Amy had learnt in the bible that it was not just a sin but a very big burden to hold grudge against one another. If God would forgive our sin, who are we not to forgive one another. She taught Jack about the bible and also narrated her story to him.
Jack became born-again.
Amy was supposed to meet Pastor Blessed in the church but Shalimar story made her forgot about it.
Blessed had no choice than to visit her.
Shalimar told them how her meeting with her family turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to her. she had been transformed into a wonderful woman.
Daisy announced to them that she was expecting a baby very soon.
They were celebrating when Blessed came knocking.
Shalimar opened the door and hugged him.
Amy remembered she had an appointment with him. Then, she wondered why Shalimar was hugging him.
They exchanged pleasantries.
'Meet Pastor Blessed. The man who save my life.' Shalimar said.
'Now I understand.' Amy smiled. ' he is the pastor helping me in my spiritual growth.'
'That is a coincidence.' Shalimar said.
'won't yo give your visitor a sit?' Daisy cut in.
'Oh sorry! Take a pew.' shalimar offered
'Thank you.' Blessed sat down in a brown plastic chair.
'I guess you forgot we were having an appointment today.' Blessed said to Amy.
'Oh am sorry! I totally forgot.' Amy replied.
'Can we start now?' Blessed asked.
'Off course.' Daisy replied.
He prayed before saying the topic. 'Good news to mankind.'
Before he could started preaching, Amy's phone rang. He permitted her to pick the call.
'Hi brother.' she place the phone on her ear.
'Amy, mother is dying. Come home now.' Ubong said in fret.
'Jesus Christ! What happen?' Amy jumped to her feet.
Her roommates and Blessed were startled by shrieked.
TO BE CONTINUE

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
seunviju: boring ke,mba.but @ least you are adding fun to it with the last two updates.keep it up dear,don't relent
thanks alot Seunviju. It's what I love doing so I can't relent no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
I hope the mother hasn't lay down her life yet 4 dat of Amy.You are doing great dear,thanks 4 the update
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2014
It's getting more and more interesting. I really do love your work. Weldone ma
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2014
seunviju: I hope the mother hasn't lay down her life yet 4 dat of Amy.You are doing great dear,thanks 4 the update
we will find out very soon
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2014
TiffanyJ: It's getting more and more interesting. I really do love your work. Weldone ma
thanks Tiffanyj
Am glad u have started posting TRB again. Though have read it. It's so captivating.

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 2:50am On Aug 25, 2014
Dorisbest:
thanks Tiffanyj
Am glad u have started posting TRB again. Though have read it. It's so captivating.
madam are you on break? You havn't made an update for a while. Hope you are good and if yes, please come update o, i'm already captivated.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 7:52am On Aug 25, 2014
'I don't know. She woke up this morning and started to convulse. She does not allowed me to take her to the hospital.'
'Is okay. I will be there as soon as possible. Are you not going for the super eagle competition?' Amy asked. She did not want her mother's situation to hinder his dream career.
'I have cancelled my flight. Mother's health is more important than any other thing.'
'Please take good care of her. Am on my way.' The call went dead.
She narrated everything to them. One hour thirty minutes, they were at Oron. Amy ran and held her mother. She was speechless. Rachel and Valerie were sobbing while Ubong leaned on the wall.
Paul had a date with Inem so he wasn't at home.
Blessed stared at Sarah. She understood what she was going through. She had sacrificed herself to the demons because of Amy's refusal to take up her cup. Amy was supposed to take up her cup willingly and not by forced.
'The devil is a lair, he must not prevail.' Blessed said. 'If you know you are not strong enough in the lord, please leave us.' He said looking at everyone in the house. 'For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against the rulers,against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in high places.'When no one left, he continued. 'If you are ready to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour, to denounce your sin, the devil, to give your spirit, soul, body and mind to Him, I want you to be on your knees.'
Valerie, Ubong, Rachel and Shalimar knelt.
'There is no love like the love of the lord. Consider the pain he went through at Gethsemene, the pain He recieved when they speared His side. Water and blood came out. The spit on Him. The gave Him vinegar to drink mingled with gall instead of water. They place a thorn on His head, blood oozed out. He carried our cross so we may gain salvation. And all He is asking is for us to forsake our sin. He is able and just to forgive us if we come to Him wholeheartedly.'
Everyone was weeping and confessing his or her sin silently.
'Lord Jesus, remember me. 2x
I don't wanna be the same again
Lord Jesus, remember me.' Daisy sang.
Everyone followed.
'Lord Jesus, here are your children. They have come to you with a concrite heart. Dear lord, you said on the cross of calvary that it is finish, that the blood which oozed out of your body will purge us of our iniquities. Lord accept them as your children, forgive their sin, create in them a clean heart and renew a right spirit within them in Jesus name.'
'Amen.' Everyone chorus. They hugged each other as a fresh hope of salvation dawned on them. The felt renew.
'Send down you power
We pray thee o Lord
Send your holy ghost
We say amen.'
As they were singing continually, Sarah who had looked so pale like there was no life in her started coughing out blood.
Amy rushed to her but Pastor Blessed rebuked her.
'Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against wiles of the devil.'
Everyone started praying fervently.
'Stop.' Sarah rose up and screamed. Her eyes looked so red like people that puffed marijuana.
Everyone was scared except Pastor Blessed. Things like that were not new to him.
'Who are you?' Blessed commanded.
Sarah walked closer to him, so she could strangled him.
'I bind you in Jesus name. Speak up, you demons.'
Sarah stopped abruptly,s trembling. Her eyes were tightly closed. 'We are legion, progeny of the Tethys, the Greek goddess of river.'
'What are you doing in this body?
'She sacrifice herself to us to set her children free.' Said as coarse voiced from Sarah. 'I have destroy her totally. I make her in- laws hate her. I took away her husband's brain.'
'Where is her husband now?' Blessed commanded.
'He is far away. He can never get home. His brain is right here in my palm. Very soon, I will make her miserable. Her spirit, soul and body belong to me. She is mine. She can never be set free.' Sarah was sweating profusely.
Amy and Rachel were shocked to the marrow by the sudden revelation about her father whom they thought had died.
'The bible said that the devil cometh to kill, steal and to destroy but I come in the name of Jesus that they might have life and have it more abundantly.'

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2014
'No...' Sarah screamed. Her body belong to me. I gave her my children. She either give them back to me or I will kill her.'
'It is enough, you demon. Her body is the temple of the living God. You have no power to posses her. For what agreement had the temple of God with an idols? She is the temple of the living God. God dwells in her. I bind you in Jesus name. I command you to leave this body in Jesus name.'
'Amen.' everyone was praying fervently.
Sarah staggered about.
'I command the fire of the living God to consume you in Jesus name. Holy ghost...'
'Fire, fire, fire...' everyone responded simultaneously.
Sarah screamed and fell down. She felt like she was in a burning furnace as she crawled on the ground. Hot tears rolling down her face.
Blessed laid his hand on her and she blackout.
They sang praises to God and thank Him for delivering them.
Blessed ordered that Amy and Rachel's dread be shaved. He told them that their father would be back.
Ubong felt like a fulfilled man when Pastor Blessed said that Amy can now get married.
END OF CHAPTER 24

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2014
wow! wow! wow! this so superb! Im so happy for Amy and Ubong...Dnt forget to send me their wedding invitation...fnks for d update ma'am
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2014
heemah: wow! wow! wow! this so superb! Im so happy for Amy and Ubong...Dnt forget to send me their wedding invitation...fnks for d update ma'am
I will surely do that if they are actually meant for each other.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Dorisbest:
I will surely do that if they are actually meant for each other.
dont bring that again oooo....are they cousins?? kipin ma fingers crossed sha
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2014
Tnx dear for the update. Now ubong and Amy can get married, can't they?
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2014
TiffanyJ: Tnx dear for the update. Now ubong and Amy can get married, can't they?
the future will decide their fate
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aipete2(f): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ubong will marry my dear Amy jst wait n c. Challenges will cm bt they will overcome
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Queenxstar(f): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2014
Wonderful work Doris.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Queenxstar: Wonderful work Doris.
thanks Queen.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
May una share this ooo...Lol

What surprise me about being a writer is thhat we know what will happen
but readers hmm... They do not always believe we love twisting our mind..
Sorry I am a reader and writer
Na so Tiffanyj Do us for A Man to call her own,

even QUEENXSTAR for her ..
All of u dere is God...
All this twisting twisting u r doing...
I for support sey d two of dem go marry but as Dorisbest they talk nau.I fear anoda (read from the back ---*)
head ugly its up rear will thing anoda

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
CHAPTER 25
Daisy barged into her husband's house, looking so raddled. She slumped down into a sofa. She had went to spend the weekend with her mother, since she hasn't been herself since the death of her husband, thier father but her visit turn out to be her worst nightmares. Now she understood why her mother treated her like a nobody, the reason why her father urged her to get married while in school. What about her brothers? Despite her effort to tolerate their boorish attitude, they still abhorred her.
She had fallen asleep when Nsikan, who had just came out of the bathroom tapped her on the shoulder. She woke up, her eyes blurred.
Nsikan cuddled her.
'When did you come back?' Nsikan asked.
'Recently.' Her eyes lit up trying to hide her dolorous mood.
'I thought you were going to spend the weekend with your mother.'
'Change of plan.' She caressed his thick pink lip. 'It will be terrific if I spend the weekend in your arm.' She kissed him lightly.
Nsikan cupped her face with his hand and stared at her. Daisy tried to kiss him again but he wagged his head in disapproval. He knew what she was up to. 'This is unlike you, darling. Tell me what is wrong with you.' He coaxed.
'I guess you are not happy to see me. I should go back to school.' she stood up and picked her reticule.
Nsikan grabbed her waist.
'No, I'm happy to see you. Am your husband, I know when you are happy and when you are pretending to be happy. Please tell me what is going on. It breaks my to see you this way. Your eyes are swollen, which indicate you have been crying.'
Daisy touched her eyes, tears rolled down her check. She did not know how to tell him this. Will he reject her like others? No, not in this her condition. She couldn't afford to loose him. She slumped into the sofa.
'Darling, you are breaking my heart. Just tell me what is troubling you. You can't be like this in this your condition.' Nsikan wiped off her tears.
'Will you stand by me?' she stared at him to see if he would compromised his love for her but there was none.
Nsikan nodded.
'Will you still love me if I tell you I have no background?'
'You know I love you and I will love you till eternity, no matter what may happen but can you please go straight to the point.'
Daisy felt satisfied. She summoned courage and told him.
'How could you feel if you woke up one morning and realised that the people you spend 23 years with are not your faminy?'
TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
First to comment! Dorisbest please update more often. I love this story. How dare Daisy adoptive family treat her thus? I am your number one follower
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Am really sorry for not updating this few days. Have been very busy lately with life outside Nairaland. I will try to make it up to you.
To everyone who contributed in one way or the other in making this thread lively, I want you to know that am very grateful. Almighty God will reward you according.
I still need your criticism because I feel this story is not up to what I want it to be. Am calling on the following people to check out this work if it is order.
Thanks alot for honoring my invitation.
Divepen, Tiffanyj, Sammyhoe, Uchebest2006, Audrey Timms, Queenxster, D9ty7, Prettyspicey, flakkydagirl, Vonn, Aipete2, Suenviju, Heemah, other writters and readers in Nairaland. Please I really need your help. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by D9ty7(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks for honouring me and counting me worthy of correcting your write up.
Dorisbest: Am really sorry for not updating this few days. Have been very busy lately with life outside Nairaland. I will try to make it up to you.
To everyone who contributed in one way or the other in making this thread lively, I want you to know that am very grateful. Almighty God will reward you according.
I still need your criticism because I feel this story is not up to what I want it to be. Am calling on the following people to check out this work if it is order.
Thanks alot for honoring my invitation.
D9ty7 and other writters and readers in Nairaland. Please I really need your help. Thanks once again.
I'll try my best.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks for loving this story
TiffanyJ: First to comment! Dorisbest please update more often. I love this story. How dare Daisy adoptive family treat her thus? I am your number one follower
happy new month, Tiffanyj.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks for honouring my invitation, D9ty7.
D9ty7: Thanks for honouring me and counting me worthy of correcting your write up.I'll try my best.
long time no see. You were my first friend on Nairaland but you just decided to go AWOL. I miss you.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by D9ty7(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Its not like that my sister.
Dorisbest: Thanks for honouring my invitation, D9ty7.

long time no see. You were my first friend on Nairaland but you just decided to go AWOL. I miss you.
I've lost touch with the likes Flakky, T.Dan, Stefikal to mention a few but I'll make things right in a couple of weeks.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
D9ty7: Its not like that my sister.I've lost touch with the likes Flakky, T.Dan, Stefikal to mention a few but I'll make things right in a couple of weeks.
ok
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 3:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Nsikan cuddled her. He couldn't say anything. He had heard on grapevine that she was an orphan. He had wanted to asked her but he couldn't. He thought it was a mere furphy or she was oblivious of it. 'So who told you this?' he cupped her face with his hand.
'My father's will was read today. Twenty percent of his asset was bequeathed to me. That is where all the problem started.' she sniffed. 'Mama says that I was adopted and that I can't inherit any of his wealth. That they have done enough for me.' She broke down.
Nsikan consoled her.
'But the good news is that I have a sister who is living at Blessed children orphanage.' she said excitedly.
'Then we should visit her.' he raised her up and kissed her. 'I love you.'
'I love you too. Let's hope she has not been adopted.'
'we will found her.'
They drove to Blessed Children orphanage at Okobo Local government area. The orphanage was fence around with security guards standing at the gate and moving around the compound. The orphanage was built in form of a large hall, more like an assembly hall in schools. It was two large hall, one for girls and one for boys, painted in yellow and green saclux paint. And a rectangular block which served as staff quater.
Kids were seen playing around the compound but none came near the gate because of the fierce looking security men.
Daisy imagined herself living among those children. For once, she appreciated William Johnson's family for taking her into their family though they seperated her from sister. She imagined how her little sister might looked like. Tall, dark with oval visage or perhap an heart face with big round brown or cat-like eyes just like her.
The were leaded to the matron's office. After exchanging pleasantries, they introduced themselves to the matron.
'Actually ma, my foster parent told me that I was adopted from this orphanage and that I have a sister who is living here but I don't know her name.'
'Who are your foster parent?' Mrs Abang asked.
She was a woman in her mid sixties, tall, plump, with pretty wrinkle face. She was the founder of Blessed Children Orphanage.
'William Johnson.' Daisy replied.
'Now I remember, that business tycoon. He was one of the men that supported this organisation but since last year, we haven't heard anything from him. How is he doing?' Mrs Abang asked.
'He died four months ago.' Daisy replied.
Nsikan patted her back.
'Oh dear, accept my deepest sympathy.'
Daisy nodded.
Mrs Abang searched through the 1996 files, which were arranged in a shelf and brought out two files and gave to her.
Mr and Nsikan Effiong go through the files. They discovered that Daisy was brought to the orphange by one Mrs Uni-okut Lester and was adopted by William Johnson.
'So, who are my parent?' Daisy asked.
TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2014
'I don't know.' Mrs Abang replied. 'According to Mrs Uni-okut, she met a mad woman who was in labour at the roadside. She rushed her to the hospital. After giving birth to your sister, she died.'
Nsikan consoled Daisy who was weeping. Now she understood why her foster mother treated her like an invalid.
'You and your baby sister were brought to this orphanage. You were five years old by them. Few months later, you were adopted by William Johnson. Mrs Uni-okut Lester donated money for the upkeep of the orphans and visited Valerie every week with her children.
'Lester...' Nsikan drummed his finger on the office table.
'Do you know her?' Daisy asked anxiously.
'I think so. Please ma continue.'
Mrs Abang gazed at them before continued. 'five years later, she and her family died in a fatal accident living behind a sixteen year old son.' she hung her head.
'Oh my God!' Daisy gasped.
Nsikan remembered that Ubong had told him that similiar story.
'His son adopted Valerie. We gave both of you a scar so that you can identify yourselves in the future. This is...'
'I know her ma.' Nsikan cut in. 'She is living with my friend.'
Daisy remembered that Valerie had told her that she has that similar scar on her shoulder. She had taken it lightly and as a coincidence. She should have known those triangular mark means something. She smiled as realisation dawn on her. She has found her sister.
After they were through with the matron, they drove to Ubong's house. They were welcome in.
Daisy told him everything the matron had said.
Ubong concurred.
'Promise you won't take her away from me. She has been a greater part of my life.' Ubong said.
'No, I won't. I only want her to know that we are family.'
As ubong was about standing up, Valerie walked in and hugged Daisy tightly.
'Were you eavesdropping on us?' Ubong asked anxiously.
'Yes brother.' Valerie sniffed. 'Have heard it in school that I was adopted but I never wanted to push you far. I wanted you to tell me by yourself. Since I saw that scar on her shoulder, I knew we were related.' She hugged Ubong. 'I love you brother.'
Ubong was too numb to say anything. He couldn't believed that Valerie could keep such secret for so long. He was happy for her and Daisy.
'Thanks for taking good care of her for me.' Daisy said.
'Thanks man.' Nsikan extended his hand. 'You are no longer my friend but my respectable in-law.'
They guffawed and hugged each other before toasting their wine glass for long life and properity.
END OF CHAPTER 25
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aipete2(f): 8:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Thank You Lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Stories I've Read On Nairaland So Far. / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.