Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! (40684 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: sir, I'm not against anybody looking good or u buyin blazers or agbada for urself, what I'm saying is that you should dress decently and not by showin ur almost half nakid body to the whole world all in the name of fashion or "looking good"

Thanks, incase you care to know, i just ordered some Agbadas as prescribed.
but what is the yardstick for measurement of hald nakidness?
In some US beaches, you are allowed to run around the coastlines in some bikinis while others are restricted.
How do the coast guards know what falls within the red zone?
there is a standard well know by everyone that it has to cover the female labia

are we to just go by our intuition which may vary?
my definition of nakidness as a yoruba guy who grew up in the city may be a bit different from yours, an aboki man from the core northern village
maybe this is the sole reason we have Boko Harams in our midst.
Shekau decides to interpret his holy book to mean i (who is no way is related to him by blood or tribe ) dont deserve to go to school
if i do, i get bombed.

You decide to interpret your faith that our pretty girl dont deserve to look hawt.
why not concentrate on ensuring your offspring adhere to that and let others be.
if their cute backside distracts you, try to program your eye to look elsewhere, or better still stare at the blank sky where God resides.

You know! i still wonder why you dont nag whenever you see nakid female lunatics on the street but rather face where you are going.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by DWJOBScom(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Blockus:

OP!!

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

One day, take her by surprise, looosen your belt and whip her like a child that she is. And when you are done, give her an ultimatum; Return to factory default setting or move out. angry

Dont let any pastor become the head of your family. If your biitch isnt acting right, whip her or cut the biitch off. angry

And its okay if you cheat now, God would understand. If Virgin Mary looked like that, she would not had been God's babymama.

I tried my best not to laugh or click "like" - I understand what OP is passing thru and wouldn't want to be in his shoes. I know a part of the scripture that makes a woman obey her husband in all things and by her obedience attract him to God or his ways but these days people believe and become less flexible to reasons

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by rezzy: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Blockus:

Biicth.. Is not negative when used as a term of endearment like calling a guy 'my Nigga'.

okay
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by rezzy: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Double post
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 2ndking: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Wislet: do not teach what you do not understans, Mr man. Those things are not 'gods' as you say. When the things of this world mean more to you than God Himself that's when they become 'gods' to you. When you covet them as you shouldn't....when your heart is on them..that is the evil thereof.

OK
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
Made up story!!!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Vikky014(f): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
Op,tell her to show u where Jesus rebuked His female followers bc of jewelries if indeed she is christlike,Even CHRIST ADVISED HIS FOLLOWERS TO LOOK neat or does she think d jews were nt dressing Good?wht of d prostitute dt came to Jesus wt perfume?
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by xynerise: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
Readone35L:

What is this mumu saying
You can make your point without insulting me

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Blockus:

Who in her right mind would marry me? cool

I am still sowing my wild oaths.
This one dey mad oooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by adorable29(f): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
ammyluv2002: I understand your point....I sugguest you find a way to still love her like that cause if that's the way she has chosen to worship her God, it won't be fair for you to start cheating on her. I know guys have areas that gets them attracted to ladies but you don't really have a choice here rather you should support her and makke her feel loved.

Btw, thatz why is always good to fall in love with the someone from the inside and not because of the physical apperance cause you may get married to a queen today and by tomorrow her beauty is gone. We should be able to still love those we claim we love even if the person turns out to be a skeleton tomorrow, just take a clue from a mother's love to her child or even God's love to His children. Love should be unconditional. @OP, pls don't get me wrong o...I'm not making reference to you, just saying generally

Hmmmm! Nice one.

@madcow, preach brother!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mikkyword(m): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
open the bible to her and show her the truth. those things are not even sin at all.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
snowpe: I have been married for 4years now,recently my wife listened to a preaching on the issue of jewelries,trousers and makeup.suddenly she changed and since then she have been making her self unattractive in the name of church activities.sincerely she is making me to loose interest on her,I have spoken to her about it and she refuses to change.what should I do?l am seriously trying not to cheat on her.please I need advice on what to do to save this marriage.
please moderator move this to front page for advice

m y dear you should appreciate ur wife and be happy that she improved on her decency, i am sure its not as worst as u make it

look like
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by unmask: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
divorce her a.s.s.s..... why will a woman go from looking like rihanna to moving like pork.....divorce her
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
webdezzi:

Thanks, incase you care to know, i just ordered some Agbadas as prescribed.
but what is the yardstick for measurement of hald nakidness?
In some US beaches, you are allowed to run around the coastlines in some bikinis while others are restricted.
How do the coast guards know what falls within the red zone?
there is a standard well know by everyone that it has to cover the female labia

are we to just go by our intuition which may vary?
my definition of nakidness as a yoruba guy who grew up in the city may be a bit different from yours, an aboki man from the core northern village
maybe this is the sole reason we have Boko Harams in our midst.
Shekau decides to interpret his holy book to mean i (who is no way is related to him by blood or tribe ) dont deserve to go to school
if i do, i get bombed.

You decide to interpret your faith that our pretty girl dont deserve to look hawt.
why not concentrate on ensuring your offspring adhere to that and let others be.
if their cute backside distracts you, try to program your eye to look elsewhere, or better still stare at the blank sky where God resides.

You know! i still wonder why you dont nag whenever you see nakid female lunatics on the street but rather face where you are going.
sir, I don't go about lookin at ladies backside
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
MadCow1:

Mark 6:22-25New International Version (NIV)

22 When the daughter of[a] Herodias came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests.

The king said to the girl, “Ask me for anything you want, and I’ll give it to you.” 23 And he promised her with an oath, “Whatever you ask I will give you, up to half my kingdom.”
24 She went out and said to her mother, “What shall I ask for?”

“The head of John the Baptist,” she answered.

25 At once the girl hurried in to the king with the request: “I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter.”

Herodias danced and pleased the King and for that she was able to make him kill and behead John the Baptist.. Does that make any Woman who dances a Bad woman?!

Jezeebel used her make-up to enhance her beauty to attract Samson for neferious plan to work. Its like a Man using his Range Rover to attract a Woman for sex. Does that now make range Rovers Bad?!

The Make-up was not what made Jezeebel bad.

Dont get that twisted. The make-up was a means to an end.
so if de call any lady you know a jezebel, its a good thing abi? Since u were born till date, which woman/lady have answered that name? If she's as modest as u paint her try n call any lady u know that name n see what she will tell u
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by joshrare(m): 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Do a little more work on yourself not cheat, increase your spiritual life by studying the scriptures. Tell her to look smart and clean, its not a must she make up, is it?
And plz don't cheat, coz papa use to say the stronger the temptation the closer the victory.
You have been married for some time now so sex should drive you wild.
I pray that God calm this storm IJN
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Habeebpain(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
ammyluv2002: I understand your point....I sugguest you find a way to still love her like that cause if that's the way she has chosen to worship her God, it won't be fair for you to start cheating on her. I know guys have areas that gets them attracted to ladies but you don't really have a choice here rather you should support her and makke her feel loved.

Btw, thatz why is always good to fall in love with the someone from the inside and not because of the physical apperance cause you may get married to a queen today and by tomorrow her beauty is gone. We should be able to still love those we claim we love even if the person turns out to be a skeleton tomorrow, just take a clue from a mother's love to her child or even God's love to His children. Love should be unconditional. @OP, pls don't get me wrong o...I'm not making reference to you, just saying generally

Do you know what happens to women who care less about their husbands because they think they're getting closer to God? Their work is in vain.

Your beauty and adornments are meant for your husband and your husband alone. You're not sinning if you dress seductively for your husband within the confines of your home but you're sinning if your husband complains about your appearance and you don't make any attempt to resolve it.

After exposing your body to all the men before marriage and doing all unprintable sorts which were actually sins back then. you now want to turn to mgbeke (I hope I'm using it in the right context) when it is lawful for you to do so for your husband.
Fulfill your marital duties as long as it's within the confines of your religion. Moderation is the key.

Narrated Abu Hurayra:
The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said:
The angels will continue to curse a woman who deserts her husband's bed, until she returns to him.

If your husband is not pleased with you and his reasons are justified, the above may apply to you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by baby124: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2014
unmask: divorce her a.s.s.s..... why will a woman go from looking like rihanna to moving like pork.....divorce her
Lmao. What a funny comment. Pork, chai
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by seuncyrus(m): 12:53am On Jul 19, 2014
Is it a must for some pple to comment , if u don't av any advice to give why not keep quiet rather than compounding a person's problem
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by seuncyrus(m): 1:04am On Jul 19, 2014
prettyboi1989: This is what happens when a man marries a woman jst because of ha pretty looks and wen d looks start failing or she stops looking attractive, she becomes a sour taste in d guy's mouth
. This isn't just abt looks , try to read , understand and interprete the story well before making any wrong conclusions.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nyceguy92: 1:41am On Jul 19, 2014
The majority of the responses to this man`s predicament have refused to be realistic and only glossed over the issue. This man did not say he never loved his wife or derives pleasure in unfaithfulness.

The issue is that his wife, out of some new found religious convictions, is making herself no longer attractive. Please, let`s face the truth here, I know very well that even in those christian Women Fora, part of what they teach is for women to make sure they look good to their husbands otherwise the more attractive younger ones will take over. Now, if a man says his wife is making herself unattractive to him, who are we to dispute it? Take note that I am not talking of unattractiveness due to aging.

The issue of jewelries, makeup, trousers, etc, is one in which there are differences in opinion. For me, the application of a moderate dose of makeup and a sprinkling of jewelries in the conventional places enhance the female look. As for the trousers, go to the Western World and see for yourselves how the women dress up in trousers. Is Christianity not universal and the Bible the same?

Many women confess that they feel more secure in trousers. In any case, where in the scripture was trousers allocated to men? Do men in some cultures in Nigeria not tie wrapper, wear beads and bangles?

There is absolutely no need to ask the man to try and find a way to continue to love his wife or accommodate her as in joining her in Bible studies. These advice are at best myopic, easier said than done. This is my advice to my friend:

1. Tell your wife how you feel about her appearance. Convince her that you like the way she used to dress. You are her husband and have the final approval regarding what she wears and how she appears. Attractiveness is an important factor in marriage and being religious or spiritual is not synonymous with a dishevelled appearance.

2. If she does it change, get some of her friends to talk to her. If you have marriage sponsors, let them know also.

3. If still no headway, report her to her parents. They should be able to talk sense into her.

Please be candid, if your sister, brother, daughter or son is involved, what would you do?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by veron007: 2:57am On Jul 19, 2014
Blockus:

OP!!

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

One day, take her by surprise, looosen your belt and whip her like a child that she is. And when you are done, give her an ultimatum; Return to factory default setting or move out. angry

Dont let any pastor become the head of your family. If your biitch isnt acting right, whip her or cut the biitch off. angry

And its okay if you cheat now, God would understand. If Virgin Mary looked like that, she would not had been God's babymama.

This stuff sounds crazy but you are on point (just remove the virgin Mary part next time).
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 19, 2014
lrguru: women wear high heels to boost confidence or to be sexy. Women who wear high heel with the sole purpose to obtain sexual attention are being tempted by
celebrities in the media. BUT, they are only being tempted because of lust that is already inside of them that makes them want to walk and be sexy anyway. Trying to be sexy is lust. All lust is sin. Therefore, trying to be sexy is a sin. Are you wondering, how do you attract a man (your hubby) if you’re not going to be walking or trying to be sexy? Your solution is changing how you think to our Book of truth which cannot lie.
The Bible says, “And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothing. For women who claim to be devoted to God should
make themselves attractive by living righteously. Dressing in modest apparel is a state of mind. It’s the mind-set that we will not walk or dress in anything that will draw the wrong kind of attention. As you look at the list of items spoken of, naturally this also includes the shoes we wear and how we
walk. More so, we are not to do or put anything on
trying to deliberately draw sexually alluring or conceited (vain) attention. We can still dress as nice as we want, have a confident walk and be covered appropriately.If your still getting men acknowledgin you as sexy; know this. The bible says if a man looks upon a woman and lusts in his heart then he has already committed adultery..matt 5:28
“But you trusted in and relied on your own
beauty and were unfaithful to God and played the
harlot [in idolatry] because of your renown, and
you poured out your fornications upon anyone
who passed by [as you worshiped the idols of
every nation which prevailed over you] and your
beauty was his.” Ezekiel 16:15. I'd love you to show me any lady who wears high heel shoes even on corporate wears for the so-called confidence, that the buttocks is not shaking, and men at not lookin at her lustfully, whether very old or young?
Bros i agree wiv all ur make up issue...its so true..buh d matter of lust...... is lusting wit intent of evil in ur heart.... know ds dea is nothing like love at first sight...
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2014
crixtex:
Bros i agree wiv all ur make up issue...its so true..buh d matter of lust...... is lusting wit intent of evil in ur heart.... know ds dea is nothing like love at first sight...
but some people still do believe in love at first sight u know
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by joshfash(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2014
So tis the make up dt u fell in love wit abi? Wen she gets older nd beauty fades, u will quickly get a young girl dt can make up abi? mtcheeew. Tot marriage is 4 mature men. Grow up bro!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by donmarshia(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2014
Dygeasy: I tried to bend right, left and low to view the issue from different perspectives and I still see NO CASE here.

Her change in dressing and appearance should matter not. What if it were something worse? Say incapacitation or amputation of her body parts? What would he do then?

It's hard, yeah but you signed up for all of that the moment you decided to get married.

Marriage is NOT selfish! GERRIT!!!

And @bolded, he hasn't overcome any temptation. He's still being tempted.

Nigerians like to dey form James Bond. Love and attraction are two different things. OP no mind dem. Of course you should not cheat but her appearance is a red flag as men are moved by appearance when it comes to sex. A man could love his wife but if she becomes dirty and unkempt, then he would lose any form of physical attraction but wud still love her.
The OP is scared of losing the attraction he has for his wife and has laid a valid complaint. Bashing him won't help, no man wud accept this situation without raising an eye brow.
Op pls appeal to ur wife and tell her that ur attraction to her is physical and cud affect ur sexual desire for her if she continues like this but pls do this with understanding and respect.
Let her know u still love her and will always do.

King Marshia
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by spyg1(m): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2014
MEN! What is our problem? If she is acting like ashawo, you will still come here and complain, infact @OP you are very lucky, have ashawo type of wife lets see whether you will live long.
Finally be gratefully to God for giving you that kind of wife.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Oahray: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2014
donmarshia:

Nigerians like to dey form James Bond. Love and attraction are two different things. OP no mind dem. Of course you should not cheat but her appearance is a red flag as men are moved by appearance when it comes to sex. A man could love his wife but if she becomes dirty and unkempt, then he would lose any form of physical attraction but wud still love her.
The OP is scared of losing the attraction he has for his wife and has laid a valid complaint. Bashing him won't help, no man wud accept this situation without raising an eye brow.
Op pls appeal to ur wife and tell her that ur attraction to her is physical and cud affect ur sexual desire for her if she continues like this but pls do this with understanding and respect.
Let her know u still love her and will always do.

King Marshia
no mind them. They claim to be able to read between the lines, whereas they can't. Lots of ignorant and self-righteous comments up there.

The fact that marriage is for better or worse does no give any partner the right to give the mate 'worse' without any regard for his/views.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by dazzlingd(m): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2014
Blockus:

True Stoyy:

#The Man is the Head of the Woman, just like Christ in the head of the Church.
The most reasonable post I've read so far.....I guess this answers it all. Shikena
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by dechif(m): 8:47am On Jul 19, 2014
My brother ,please take this my humble advise ,your wife's repentance to serve God will attract salvation ,joy ,love and all the good things in life in your home .

It is Satan that is making you biased ,i am married and i know the determination to keep on in a married institution is the unchangeable character of the wife that prompted you to say I DO .
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by oieda: 9:07am On Jul 19, 2014
FlyboyZee:
Imagine your reasoning. The wife gets old and stops wearing make-ups, abi? While the man gets younger and keeps admiring younger girls. E be for your matter, eh? For your information, they would both grow old together and their values and things they admire would keep changing as age keeps changing. Grow up!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by JerryJJZ(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2014
snowpe: I have been married for 4years now,recently my wife listened to a preaching on the issue of jewelries,trousers and makeup.suddenly she changed and since then she have been making her self unattractive in the name of church activities.sincerely she is making me to loose interest on her,I have spoken to her about it and she refuses to change.what should I do?l am seriously trying not to cheat on her.please I need advice on what to do to save this marriage.
please moderator move this to front page for advice

There is no point struggling yourself about this issue. Here we go,,, answer the following questions in your heart not from your mouth,,, are you a christian? did you believe in God? Did you believe Christ is coming (even though you havn't accepted)? Did you have that strong believe and conviction inside you that she is in the right path? If yes do you wish to be left alone? Do you understand both of you are divided already? Did you realize the cause of your being unhappy is because you are not in unity with your family? What part do you want ur kids to follow? urs? ur wifes? The fact that you dont readily accept your second mind's advice that you cheat on her is a sign that both of you are bound together.

The only way forward is that you go to your closet, compare your wife's former and present character, negotiate between them, weigh them and pray that you need to know the way, whether your wife is right or wrong and then make your wonderful decision...........

Goodluck then,,,

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Things Responsible Men Do When Their Partner Is Pregnant -bamisepeters' Blog / Woman Exposes Friend Who Sent Nude Photos To Her Husband / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.