Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... (667 Views)

A Student's Arguement With His Professor On God And Faith / Now For The Sake Of Arguement, Define Truth / Arguement From A Reformed Converted Moslem With Another Moslem Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by PastorOluT(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2014
I remember a story about a very young convert. He knew nothing about personal work, but he did know one passage of the scripture. Approaching an infidel he invited him to Christ.
But I dont believe in Christ", said the infidel. "well," reponded the new convert, "the bible says, 'He that believeth not shall be damned."
"But I dont believe in the bible either," responded the infidel. "That doesn't change it," answered the other, "because God declared that 'He that believeth not shall be damned."
"God! Haven't I told you I dont believe in God? I tell you there is no God," exclaimed the infidel, his wrath rising. "And again I say," quietly responded the new convert, "that 'He that believeth not shall be damned."
Picking up his hat. the infidel, in a fury of rage, pushed him aside, and left the building, cursing and swearing as he went. The young convert, somewhat dissapointed and humilated, offered an earnest prayer, lamenting his lack of knowledge, and asking the spirit of God to work. And He did. The man went home to bed, but not to sleep. Hour after hour he tossed restlessly from side to side. All is old arguement upon which he prided himself he went over one by one. Yet every now and then he will hear those solemn words "He that believeth not shall be damned." At last unable to bear it any longer, he climbed out of bed, fell on his knees and prayed, "O God, if there be a God, save me. Reveal Thy Son to me and help me to believe." And before long he was rejoicing in Christ.

The word, you see, is quick and powerful. It is sharper than any two-edged sword. And it alone God had promised to bless and use. Not your arguements, but His word. For God says His word shall prosper, so preach the word. The natural, unregenerated man, you see, can not intellectually understand the things of God, because they are in the realm in which he is entirely unacquainted. With the natural he is familiar and at home, but to the spiritual he is a stranger. Hence the utter uselessness of trying to convince him with human reasoning.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

5 Likes

Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by Oluwason(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation.
Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by Oluwason(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation.

1 Like

Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by PastorOluT(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2014
But to them who are perishing it is foolishness but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

1 Like

Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by Alexk2(m): 5:07am On Jul 22, 2014
[quote
author=PastorOluT]
I remember a story about a very young convert. He
knew nothing about personal work, but he did know one passage of the
scripture. Approaching an infidel he invited him to Christ.
But I dont believe in Christ", said the infidel. "well," reponded
the new convert, "the bible says, 'He that believeth not shall be
damned."
"But I dont believe in the bible either," responded the infidel.
"That doesn't change it," answered the other, "because God declared that
'He that believeth not shall be damned."
"God! Haven't I told you I dont believe in God? I tell you there is no
God," exclaimed the infidel, his wrath rising. "And again I say,"
quietly responded the new convert, "that 'He that believeth not shall be
damned."
Picking up his hat. the infidel, in a fury of rage, pushed him
aside, and left the building, cursing and swearing as he went. The young
convert, somewhat dissapointed and humilated, offered an earnest
prayer, lamenting his lack of knowledge, and asking the spirit of God to
work. And He did. The man went home to bed, but not to sleep. Hour
after hour he tossed restlessly from side to side. All is old arguement
upon which he prided himself he went over one by one. Yet every now and
then he will hear those solemn words "He that believeth not shall be
damned." At last unable to bear it any longer, he climbed out of bed,
fell on his knees and prayed, "O God, if there be a God, save me. Reveal
Thy Son to me and help me to believe." And before long he was rejoicing
in Christ.

The word, you see, is quick and powerful. It is sharper than any
two-edged sword. And it alone God had promised to bless and use. Not
your arguements, but His word. For God says His word shall prosper, so
preach the word. The natural, unregenerated man, you see, can not
intellectually understand the things of God, because they are in the
realm in which he is entirely unacquainted. With the natural he is
familiar and at home, but to the spiritual he is a stranger. Hence the
utter uselessness of trying to convince him with human reasoning.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable[/quote]
i wish i can talk/chat with you privately.
this is urgent, pls.
Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by PastorOluT(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Alexk2:
i wish i can talk/chat with you privately.
this is urgent, pls.

Mail me directly, lawansono@mail.com, would be glad t assist whichever way

1 Like

Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by Oluwason(m): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
PastorOluT: But to them who are perishing it is foolishness but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

I am not ashamed of the gospel 'cos it is the power of God unto salvation.

1 Like

Re: It Is The Word That Changes, Not Arguement..... by PastorOluT(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Preach the word, be instant in season and out of season.

(1) (Reply)

Heal Of Tuberculosis! Great Testimonies! / Christians Flee Mosul After ISIS Ultimatum To Convert, Leave Or Die / 7 Terrible Countries For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.