Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:51 PM

New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China (28557 Views)

Human-like Species Discovered In South Africa (Photos) / Snake With A Foot Found In China / New Species Of Snake Discovered In Brazil Looks Like Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by datguru: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2014
That picture doesn't look cool to me
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by lilmax(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2014
Science is fake,but we have to study it to get the dhol we want
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 19, 2014
How can they be discovering this big bird by now? Are they trying to say that no one had ever saw this bird before? The right tittle would have being '' the big bird in china finally has a name''.
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2014
jnrbayano:

Yes!! Just as they said you and I came from apes.

Ludicrous!! Adonbilivit, never believed it even from primary school.
if humans really evolved from apes, why then are all apes not yet humans, crappy sh1t

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by henryobinna(m): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2014
Smartsyn: China!...

Sounds like a fiction, and the picture is not even helping..
you dey mind them?
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by PassingShot(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2014
mencade5: video of it or adonbelivit

Ignorance!

1 Like

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by mencade5(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2014
PassingShot:

Ignorance!
unlettered fellow
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2014
I think we have to discover our own dinosaurs in naija. These people take us for granted. *smh
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by 3moses: 8:27am On Jul 19, 2014
yuzjet: A team of paleontologists from China, the
United States and South Africa has described a new species of a feathered dinosaur that lived in what is now northeastern China during the Cretaceous period, about 125 million years ago.

The new dinosaur, named Changyuraptor
yangi
, belongs to Microraptoria – a specific group of predatory four-winged raptorial dinosaurs. These dinosaurs are dubbed ‘four-winged’ because the long feathers attached to the legs have the appearance of a second set of wings. The long feathers attached to the legs and arms of these creatures have led some scientists to propose that the four-winged dinosaurs were capable of flying.

At 1.3-meter-long, Changyuraptor yangi is
the biggest of all four-winged dinosaurs.
Its well-preserved fossil was unearthed in
the Liaoning Province of northeastern
China. According to a paper published in the
journal Nature Communications, Changyuraptor yangi sported a full set of
feathers cloaking its entire body, including
the extra-long tail feathers. “At a foot in length, the amazing tail feathers of Changyuraptor yangi are by far the longest of any feathered dinosaurs, " said Co-author Dr Luiz Chiappe From the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.

The paleontologists believe that the discovery consolidates the notion that flight preceded the origin of birds, being inherited by the latter from their dinosaurian forerunners.

Co-author Dr Alan Turner of Stony Brook
University said: “numerous features that we
have long associated with birds in fact evolved in dinosaurs long before the first
birds arrived on the scene. This includes
things such as hollow bones, nesting behavior, feathers and possibly flight.” “How well these creatures used the sky as a thoroughfare has remained controversial.

The new discovery explains the role that the
tail feathers played during flight control. For
larger flyers, safe landings are of particular
importance.” “It makes sense that the largest
microraptorines had especially large tail
feathers – they would have needed the
additional control,” explained co-author Dr
Michael Habib from the University of
Southern California.

Some will believe that the newly discovered Dinosaur can be a sign of end time. While, Science wil just conclude that its an evolution in the part of the Dinosaurs Cycle. (My opinion though)

Your thought?

Sourced from: www.scinews.com/paleontology/science-changyuraptor-yangi-feathered-dinosaur-china-02065.html
hmm...
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Youngzedd(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Callfubu: they didnt actually discover the dinosaur, read throught well. they discovered it remains. like the bones. so that picture was just projected based on assumption

Yeah.

The fossil.

1 Like

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2014
Guess what!!! I just discovered a new dinosaur in my plate after eatin rice, it is called fishariesijebusaurus, its existed 3 billion years ago. And you know what, it was discovered by a Nigerian in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by ayomidegambari(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2014
Chai..life won end ni yen o, I beta go change my character b4 we end
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by ibdeals1(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2014
undecidedhmmm
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2014
lrguru: if humans really evolved from apes, why then are all apes not yet humans, crappy sh1t

we evolved from sea creature to land to ape and humans.. there is still fishes and ape, becos some chose to evolve others decide to remain ape and fish. Also there are Mermaids in the sea who evolved from humans becos they were trapped under the sea and didnt drown so they developed gills.. Mermaids are real, i won't be suprised there are cities of them on the water as we have only explored 10% of the ocean..pls google it too. Evolution is a beta story than adam and eve. grin at least science says maybe, bible say we came from adam and eve as if they are sure
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by experimentist: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2014
Wow! So cute, where can I get one?
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by jericco1(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2014
I thought It was a Live Dinosaur self
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by searay(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2014
jnrbayano:

Caveat Emptor undecided
Idiokō mkpø uno firm. Unam!
Oya, respond
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 19, 2014
There are some full on rétards in this thread.

Who is asking for photos of dinosaurs angry

Since millions of years ago, dammit, they are EXTINCT!

Nigeria needs a science initiative. Someone was saying in another thread that lightning strikes cannot be predicted, and they come from God.

Stop embarrassing Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by jnrbayano(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
searay: Idiokō mkpø uno firm. Unam!
Oya, respond

A maro m ife I na-asu this man
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2014
lilmax: Science is fake,but we have to study it to get the dhol we want

One of the reasons Nigeria is failing !

The mythologies of religion are more acceptable than the common-sense , methodical findings of science . What is the fate of the black race?

6 Likes

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 19, 2014
Dygeasy: I just imagine these things invading Nigeria. #creepy
we will send them to Sambisa sharpalycheesy just hope they can spit fire.
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2014
lrguru: Guess what!!! I just discovered a new dinosaur in my plate after eatin rice, it is called fishariesijebusaurus, its existed 3 billion years ago. And you know what, it was discovered by a Nigerian in Nigeria

...thinks is not funny at all . please stop embarrassing Nigeria even if you don't mind embarrassing yourself !
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Bawss1(m): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2014
Too many dumb people on this thread. Many of them incapable of understanding science because they hold rigid religious views. It's a shame really.

3 Likes

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by bbello28(m): 9:36am On Jul 19, 2014
unyimecc: always in China
grin dnt mind dem jarey... angry and how does dat reduce d price of garri from 150 per bowl back to 50naira?

1 Like

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by 3kay945(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2014
I love dinasaur stories... grin Kudos to the discovery team they tried. The white are improving in innovation and creativity unfolding new events (though some could be insane undecided ) while our selfish and evil rulers here keep increasing school fees thus makes life so hard like a rock for the citizenry.. Na person wey chop belle full go feel think of exploiting the earth.
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by sarutobie(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2014
this looks exactly like the mythical hypogriff(also shown in harry potter)..the secrets of this world is so vast none can begin to comprehend it.
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 19, 2014
Oh okay, it's 125 million years ago grin...smh!
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by sarutobie(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2014
Billygee2u: 125 mln yrs?scientists or whatever they call themselves, are BIG LIARS
without some of these lies the likes of National geographic will go out of business..
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Gooci(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2014
even with pictures, idonblivit
Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by 3kay945(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

One of the reasons Nigeria is failing !

The mythologies of religion are more acceptable than the common-sense , methodical findings of science . What is the fate of the black race?

Bros, no hope o, at least not in this generation. Our government have successfully crippled our educational system to unproductive but just a glorified primary school. So seeing/hearing things like this seems unrealistic to us. cry

1 Like

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by 3kay945(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2014
MissMeiya: There are some full on rétards in this thread.

Who is asking for photos of dinosaurs angry

Since millions of years ago, dammit, they are EXTINCT!

Nigeria needs a science initiative. Someone was saying in another thread that lightning strikes cannot be predicted, and they come from God.
Stop embarrassing Nigeria.
grin

1 Like

Re: New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

...thinks is not funny at all . please stop embarrassing Nigeria even if you don't mind embarrassing yourself !
sharrap and face front

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming / 25 Worst Earthquakes In History(pics) / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.