Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,974 members, 7,799,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Dangers Of Texting And Driving - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dangers Of Texting And Driving (1153 Views)

My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! / Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Texting And Driving by Betasms: 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
[img]hondastreetaotw.jpg.png[/img]

Stories From People Like You

The stories below were submitted by people who’s lives were affected by a texting and driving accident. They were not altered or edited. Some are short, some are long but all show the personal price that people pay and the tragedies that people face because of texting and driving.

Kena H

“I lost my best friend, who was also my baby brother on Sept.11, 2010 due to distracted driving, so your message hits home hard for me. My brother, a single father of 2, was my next door neighbor every morning we would leave for work around the same time, now every morning I leave my driveway in tears knowing that a matter of a few seconds changed so many lives. When my brother won custody of his children he ask to build a home on my property next to me to “help” him with his soon to be teenage daughter. I was thrilled to have them so close, all my daughters would soon be off at college, so having him and the children there was great. Now their empty home is as much a curse as it was once a blessing. If only he would not have been distracted for the few short seconds. His fiancé was in the truck with him, when he seen they was going to flip she said he wrapped himself around her. She survived with minor cuts and scrapes, however her scars are emotional, she was pinned in the vehicle under my brother for a couple hours. That was just the type of person CJ was, although he was driving and took his eyes off the road for a matter of seconds CJ died saving someone he loved, to me he is a hero and that is what I tell his children.”

Do you have any story?

[img]http://.com/images/Bulk-SMS-Voice-SMS-Email-Marketing-Nigeria-Dont-Text-and-Drive.png[/img]
gotten from http://www.textinganddrivingsafety.com/texting-and-driving-stories/
Re: Dangers Of Texting And Driving by Betasms: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
][size=12pt:
Stories From People Like You[/size]

The stories below were submitted by people who’s lives were affected by a texting and driving accident. They were not altered or edited. Some are short, some are long but all show the personal price that people pay and the tragedies that people face because of texting and driving.

Kena H

“I lost my best friend, who was also my baby brother on Sept.11, 2010 due to distracted driving, so your message hits home hard for me. My brother, a single father of 2, was my next door neighbor every morning we would leave for work around the same time, now every morning I leave my driveway in tears knowing that a matter of a few seconds changed so many lives. When my brother won custody of his children he ask to build a home on my property next to me to “help” him with his soon to be teenage daughter. I was thrilled to have them so close, all my daughters would soon be off at college, so having him and the children there was great. Now their empty home is as much a curse as it was once a blessing. If only he would not have been distracted for the few short seconds. His fiancé was in the truck with him, when he seen they was going to flip she said he wrapped himself around her. She survived with minor cuts and scrapes, however her scars are emotional, she was pinned in the vehicle under my brother for a couple hours. That was just the type of person CJ was, although he was driving and took his eyes off the road for a matter of seconds CJ died saving someone he loved, to me he is a hero and that is what I tell his children.”

Do you have any story?

[img]http://.com/images/Bulk-SMS-Voice-SMS-Email-Marketing-Nigeria-Dont-Text-and-Drive.png[/img]
gotten from http://www.textinganddrivingsafety.com/texting-and-driving-stories/

Keri B

“The reason this is sooo important to me and for this area is that just a few weeks ago we lost a teacher from one of the high schools. She was heading from home to the school here in Dalton and she was texting on a straight area of the highway. At that moment an 18 wheeler was coming off the breakdown lane back onto the highway and she hit his flatbed trailer. She never knew what hit her never even hit her brakes. She was very well loved by her students. Her name was Demara R.”
Re: Dangers Of Texting And Driving by Dbestmax(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
Oga u nid Andrew liver salt ...very fast
Re: Dangers Of Texting And Driving by Betasms: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2014

(1) (Reply)

12 Points For Wives To Note / Women Bread Winners In Delta State / Young Nigerian Doctor Missing In Houston

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.