Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. (2290 Views)

Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry / Ex-premiere League Player From £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning Toilets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ex-premiere league player goes from earning £40k a month to £800 cleaning toilets

[img]http://4.bp..com/-HE5vRl8UvVw/U8ed81L1rHI/AAAAAAADMNk/5Z3eo5ocS9k/s280/0.jpg[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-5LqEfhmTzu4/U8ed9ud9f3I/AAAAAAADMNs/WAxAbCxWBPc/s280/Kevin-Kyle0.jpg[/img]
Life! From international
football ace to ship cleaner.
Former Sunderland player,
Kevin Kyle, who used to
earn £10,000-a-week
playing for the premiere league team now earns
£800-a-fortnight working a
12-hour shift on a ship
stacking boxes & cleaning
toilets. (pictured above left
on the ship). Kevin, 33, who started the
job on board the 300-
capacity ship on July 8th,
said he had no choice but to
take the job,
“I’m trying to provide
for my family. Many
footballers pick up
jobs after football but
I don’t see stories
about them in the newspapers. I don’t
really want to
publicize my lifestyle
in the newspapers
about whether I have
a job or don’t have a job. I have to work at
some point to put
food on the table and
to provide for my
family.” He said The dad of 3 was jobless for
6 months after his contract
with League One minnows
Ayr United was scrapped in
January. Managers on the ship
reportedly warned his new
co-workers not to discuss
Kevin's former life as a
footballer or bring it up
with him as it's a touchy subject. Continue... "Kevin started work
on the ship earlier this
month. It’s sad really
to see someone who
was obviously well-
loved by the fans seemingly ending his
career relatively
early." A source said Kevin Kyle works on the
Regina Baltic ship in
Lerwick’s remote Mairs
Quay. [img]http://4.bp..com/-8IfYbbiDZ9c/U8ed_hxJMnI/AAAAAAADMN8/2m1eZ8ey31Q/s280/Kevin-Kyle.jpg[/img]Pictured above taking
a break in the ship's
communal room. His duties include cleaning
floors and toilets, making
beds and stocking up
supplies on the ship. Apart from Sunderland
where he last played in
2006, Kevin also played for
Coventry, Kilmarnock,
Hearts, and Rangers. In a 2010 newspaper
interview he said: “Sometimes in life
money is not
everything. I know a
lot of people disagree
with that but I had all
the money years ago when I played with
Sunderland and
Coventry and I p*****
it up a wall gambling.
So money doesn’t
always make you happy. The happiest I
have been was the
first year at
Kilmarnock, playing
football and knowing
what my wage was.

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/07/ex-premiere-league-player-goes-from.html?m=1
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-HULqWX8BZE8/U8ed-mbc6sI/AAAAAAADMN0/cSxjTimHtWE/s1600/Kevin-Kylejpeg.jpg[/img]...I felt so sad after reading this. .. From Grace to Grass.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Decibel: 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Such is life cry
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by ichidodo: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
Life of a gambler....

2 Likes

Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
GRACE TO GRASS.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by experimentist: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gambino family member
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
Decibel: Such is life cry
it's better to be in poverty than having a taste of wealth only to go back to poverty again.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by ebamma(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
imagine paying half of your wages to the taxman, paying property tax, paying utility bills, taking care of 3 kids and a wife, its not easy to be rich and stay rich in england,
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Blockus: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thats why I cant live abroad.

1 Like

Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
ebamma: imagine paying half of your wages to the taxman, paying property tax, paying utility bills, taking care of 3 kids and a wife, its not easy to be rich and stay rich in england,
so he doesn't know what investment mean?
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by jmaine: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
Such a sad tale. I still admire his courage to accept the menial offer to cater for family.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Vivalavida99(f): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Such is life.

Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by atlwireles: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
jmaine: Such a sad tale. I still admire his courage to accept the menial offer to cater for family.

That's the spirit. I really like your comment.

1 Like

Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by RichDad1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Blockus: Thats why I cant live abroad.
Or you can't afford it? say the truth Bro
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by jmaine: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
atlwireles:

That's the spirit. I really like your comment.

Thanks bro . . . .life must go on no matter what . . . . .
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Blockus: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
RichDad1:
Or you can't afford it? say the truth Bro

I am a dual Citizen, but I still use my two leg return Area come park.

How can you make 5 dollar an hour flipping burgers at a Mikky D only to still pay taxes. angry
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by ebamma(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nobleval: so he doesn't know what investment mean?
Investments depreciate and sometimes become worthless
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
ebamma: Investments depreciate and sometimes become worthless
Some don't. He coulda invested in real estate. We africans do that a lot....and it pays off.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by seankafor(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
OK THAT ONE DEY..HE ISNT THE FIRST NEITHER WILL HE BE THE LAST..BUT ITS TOUCHING THOUGH
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by ebamma(m): 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nobleval: Some don't. He coulda invested in real estate. We africans do that a lot....and it pays off.
remind me again, how many nigerians pay property tax and income tax ?
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by emiye(m): 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
The real lesson must not be lost, which is "plan for the rainy day".

He had a long active years of service raking in money, but he wasted lots of it on gambling.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
ebamma: remind me again, how many nigerians pay property tax and income tax ?
probably none.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by feedthenation(m): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
No condition is permanent.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by McWhillion(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
If this kin thing happen in Naija, na your old village witch dey on top your matter
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by IAMBREEZY: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
That's Life.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by overdrive(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
£1600 x 250 = #400,000 a month aswear I need that job.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
McWhillion: If this kin thing happen in Naija, na your old village witch dey on top your matter
lol,..na true oo.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by kokoA(m): 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Till tomorrow I still respect nigerian players like stephen keshi, Daniel Amokachi, Sunday Olise, Austin Okocha, Victor Ikpeba and co.. These guys used their monies to either train as coaches or tv sports analyst, though they may not be rich as their playing days, but they can still provide for their families.. I feel pity for a great talent like Late. Rashid Yekini.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by morhsuud22(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Later dem go say make players no fight for their bonus
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Koolmexxi(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
kokoA: Till tomorrow I still respect nigerian players like stephen keshi, Daniel Amokachi, Sunday Olise, Austin Okocha, Victor Ikpeba and co.. These guys used their monies to either train as coaches or tv sports analyst, though they may not be rich as their playing days, but they can still provide for their families.. I feel pity for a great talent like Late. Rashid Yekini.
Wat is dis one saying? If u know how many ex players are out there with coaching licenses and still seriously struggling for ends meet u no go talk. Did I also hear u say "dey used their money to train as Sports analyst?" Those guys were invited analysts cos dey were professionals and one of d best amongst their peers in their days and moreover dis guys u mentioned are Super Eagles heroes while d guy in question was jus one of d hundreds of struggling soccer players in England who lost all his earnings to Gambling....
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by Afrok(m): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
If you don't invest your money when U have it and allow it to work for you for the future, later in your life you'll definitely work harder for the money.
No matter how much you make within 10years, if not properly managed and planned for/with, it won't take 10 days to disappear.
Re: Ex-premiere League Player Goes From Earning £40k A Month To £800 Cleaning.. by kokoA(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Koolmexxi:
Wat is dis one saying? If u know how many ex players are out there with coaching licenses and still seriously struggling for ends meet u no go talk. Did I also hear u say "dey used their money to train as Sports analyst?" Those guys were invited analysts cos dey were professionals and one of d best amongst their peers in their days and moreover dis guys u mentioned are Super Eagles heroes while d guy in question was jus one of d hundreds of struggling soccer players in England who lost all his earnings to Gambling....
I still don't understand what's wrong with what I said? Or are you just trying to "attack" me? I mentioned some ex players still doing well and said I respect them.. How is that your wahala? Ah! Na wah o.. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAIJABET COLLABORATE WITH GTBANK FOR SMARTEST DEPOSIT / What's Wrong With Being On The Bench? / Who Will Win The EPL Player Of The Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.