Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers (21966 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Write Your Best Birthday Sms For Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
Another attempt by APC to ensure they maintain Lagos. Well thought of.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
This should be copied nationwide. I'm happy with this initiative. Lagos lead others follow!

But some women will resume with another pregnancy o.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hehehe, even in my office there are depts were you will never see a woman of child bearing age as chairman has stated that he will not pay anybody 3 months salary for doing nothing for him.

The policy is not documented but heads of departments know and don't even invite such age for interview when there is need and now we have paternity leave?I pray o.

What of heart break live
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Oahray: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nice. Many people have no idea the stress loving husbands go through during the period their wives go into labour. More time to spend with the family. Bonding truly begins from birth with fathers.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by egopersonified(f): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please ohh after six months, can we have another six months of working half day, and bring the kid to work for this extra six months ohh, so the child can just start sch at a year old. For the ten days, its too much now, all they need is three days max. Pls fashola, consider my appeal.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is quite impressive from the Lagos State. SIX months maternity leave is not even obtainable in the US.
The fact that the mother will still receive full pay, puts the icing on the cake.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Itoroetti(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
so those our brodas whom are married to 4wives will almost wont be going to work assuming their wives are pregnant within 3 month difference

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Austindark(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
dis is discrimination o
mothers a whole 6 mnts while father only 10 days

anyway dats why is Gud to marry 10 wives n make all deliver every yr to ve 100 days a yr
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Missmossy(f): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Six months kwa! Too much for a career woman.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by pendusky(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by oyinsmart(f): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
angry angryHa! Thank God that its happening in my time. Soo timely
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Afrok(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hmmm... At least two weeks to delivery? I pray some of the workers will not misuse this opportunity, and for the fathers I don't know if they'll be watching the baby's face or help in feeding the baby for 10 days.
I know that in no time, we'll start hearing about irregularities, complaints and abuse of this commendable privilege given to the Lagos state civil servants.

I think it's time for the pregnant men (pot belly men) who are civil servants in Lagos to start preparing for their six-months maternity leave too undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
lol u guys r really making me laugh..am just wondering how this will work in d corporate world..six month leave is a lot of time
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by allanphash7(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
o make sense,
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by armadeo(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: how much to buy a house

Yuzedo you are needed here . .
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by retepmurt(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Polygamy now pay for Lagos o!
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Odunharry(m): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: you want me to die before my time??
who say u go die?
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by baby124: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is for Lagos state workers. A nice development though

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Odunharry(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
Afrok: Hmmm... At least two weeks to delivery? I pray some of the workers will not misuse this opportunity, and for the fathers I don't know if they'll be watching the baby's face or help in feeding the baby for 10 days.
I know that in no time, we'll start hearing about irregularities, complaints and abuse of this commendable privilege given to the Lagos state civil servants.

I think it's time for the pregnant men (pot belly men) who are civil servants in Lagos to start preparing for their six-months maternity leave too undecided
lol
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Archildao: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
What about female corp members posted to lagos state?
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by PGabriel: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: It happened on 13th March 2014, it was so sad.
I can't forget that day. I cried and cried and cried. grin grin you dey craze? You want kill me with lafta....... grin cry rotfl........ nonsense u

My boiled corn fell inside gutter.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Cheeun(f): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
grin LMAO, Fire round two ke when the thing never balance? Chai! Women don suffer o
SAMBARRY: LAZY BONES.LOOKING FOR ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO FIRE THE NURSING MOTHER WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF tongue
cry
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Oahray: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
egopersonified: Please ohh after six months, can we have another six months of working half day, and bring the kid to work for this extra six months ohh, so the child can just start sch at a year old. For the ten days, its too much now, all they need is three days max. Pls fashola, consider my appeal.
ten days is too much for fathers?

See why some women should just be dumped in the hospital to give birth when she likes? Maybe after giving birth, the man can look for time to come pick them up. If there is no time, since his work is more important, and he doesn't need to spend time with his family, they can find their way home.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by PGabriel: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: It happened on 13th March 2014, it was so sad.
I can't forget that day. I cried and cried and cried.

My boiled corn fell inside gutter.

you dey craze? grin grin you want kill me with lafta....... grin cry nonsense you rotfl.......
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by knockturnal(m): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
......and the injustice to the male folk continues!!!
SMH
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Good thing that they specified that it is for the first 2 births because Nigerians like to have plenty children, without that condition some workers can take the leave up to 10times.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
See these mumu people jubilating. This affects those who work in the Lagos state civil service only. It does not concern others who don't work with any lagos state parastatals.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by enomakos(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
injustice,injustice why 10 days for the father?it is not fair ooooo
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Cheeun(f): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
;DI like your oga at the top sha. Lmao @heart break leave.
aguiyi: Hehehe, even in my office there are depts were you will never see a woman of child bearing age as chairman has stated that he will not pay anybody 3 months salary for doing nothing for him.

The policy is not documented but heads of departments know and don't even invite such age for interview when there is need and now we have paternity leave?I pray o.

What of heart break live
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.