Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car (38399 Views)

Uniben Student Builds Touchless Phone From Scratch / 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) / Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by emurode(m): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
emurode: MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY &SOLUTION
Enjoy uninterrupted power supply without a
Generator
NO NOISE, NO POLLUTION, NO GENERATOR...Think only on INVERTER/SOLAR, Powered by innovation...
Trouble free, user friendly source of power-The world loved it!
Enjoy uninterruptible power supply without GENERATORS. Inverter are technically much more advanced as compared to generators which are noisy, polluting and need starting that usually requires pulling chords-a feat not suited to ladies and children. Besides, they are often dangerous and can lead to fire and accidents. Storage of fuel too is a major fire hazard. Inverter automatically takes over in case of power failure and switches off when power supply is restored; one does not even realize that there is a power failure.
It is for these very reasons that INVERTERS are PREFERRED over GENERATORS throughout the WORLD. All you have to do is FIX and FORGET, the inverter does the rest.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
• Eco friendly since no noise pollution and no air pollution
• Lesser cost of ownership and also economical to run
• User friendly, automatically changes over from mains to inverter on power failure & vice-versa when power gets restored.
• Low maintenance effort/cost.
• Very safe and clean as no fuel handling/storage required.
• Ease installation, can be installed in smaller space and as per convenience.
• Good power quality and hence it is very safe for sophisticated household appliances.
• Better technical support
• Best warranty cover
• 24/7 after sales services
• Best service centre
ENSURES
• Full safety of highly sophisticated equipment
• 100% pure, reliable and regulated power
• Low running cost
• Extended power back up time
• Easy maintenance
• No humming noise from any load.
• Great power saving
APPLICATIONS
• Electrical Backup system
• Data/Call centers
• CCTV,DSTV,PABX
• Telecommunication
• POS systems/air-conditioners
• Critical Work Stations
• Security systems/air-conditioner
• Medical/Laboratory Equipments
• Office/Home Applications
• Solar powered street/security Light
We offer Business Solution to both co-operate offices, Government-Organization, Private-Organization individual-organization, Schools, Churches, Hotels etc
Our experience has thought us the importance of establishing a practical functional quality system, which cover all stages from tendering through actual execution of contract to final delivery commissioning
We respond to your needs professionally, and efficiently. Service and parts support are available 24 hours, 7 days a week from all our full-service facilities.
Our service staff regularly participates in technical training and certification programs. We have the organization, equipment, technology and personnel to guarantee our clients the highest quality of support.
The sales and support staff are customer service oriented. They take pride in providing the existing and potential client with the most effective and beneficial information possible. Our staff is competent, sharp and equipped to handle any questions or concerns
With one of our main objectives being “Customer Care”, our commitment to you extends far beyond the initial sale. With our unparalleled after-sales service
The after sales support offered by our company is second to none and is what differentiates us from competition
Contract Terms
(a)Monthly Contract
(b) Quarterly Contract
(c) Annual Contract
Contact Address:
MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY & POWER SOLUTION
Engr Michael
Tel: 0810 4036 736, 08028601846
MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY &SOLUTION
Enjoy uninterrupted power supply without a
Generator
NO NOISE, NO POLLUTION, NO GENERATOR...Think only on INVERTER/SOLAR, Powered by innovation...
Trouble free, user friendly source of power-The world loved it!
Enjoy uninterruptible power supply without GENERATORS. Inverter are technically much more advanced as compared to generators which are noisy, polluting and need starting that usually requires pulling chords-a feat not suited to ladies and children. Besides, they are often dangerous and can lead to fire and accidents. Storage of fuel too is a major fire hazard. Inverter automatically takes over in case of power failure and switches off when power supply is restored; one does not even realize that there is a power failure.
It is for these very reasons that INVERTERS are PREFERRED over GENERATORS throughout the WORLD. All you have to do is FIX and FORGET, the inverter does the rest.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
• Eco friendly since no noise pollution and no air pollution
• Lesser cost of ownership and also economical to run
• User friendly, automatically changes over from mains to inverter on power failure & vice-versa when power gets restored.
• Low maintenance effort/cost.
• Very safe and clean as no fuel handling/storage required.
• Ease installation, can be installed in smaller space and as per convenience.
• Good power quality and hence it is very safe for sophisticated household appliances.
• Better technical support
• Best warranty cover
• 24/7 after sales services
• Best service centre
ENSURES
• Full safety of highly sophisticated equipment
• 100% pure, reliable and regulated power
• Low running cost
• Extended power back up time
• Easy maintenance
• No humming noise from any load.
• Great power saving

APPLICATIONS
• Electrical Backup system
• Data/Call centers
• CCTV,DSTV,PABX
• Telecommunication
• POS systems/air-conditioners
• Critical Work Stations
• Security systems/air-conditioner
• Medical/Laboratory Equipments
• Office/Home Applications
• Solar powered street/security Light

We offer Business Solution to both co-operate offices, Government-Organization, Private-Organization individual-organization, Schools, Churches, Hotels etc
Our experience has thought us the importance of establishing a practical functional quality system, which cover all stages from tendering through actual execution of contract to final delivery commissioning
We respond to your needs professionally, and efficiently. Service and parts support are available 24 hours, 7 days a week from all our full-service facilities.
Our service staff regularly participates in technical training and certification programs. We have the organization, equipment, technology and personnel to guarantee our clients the highest quality of support.
The sales and support staff are customer service oriented. They take pride in providing the existing and potential client with the most effective and beneficial information possible. Our staff is competent, sharp and equipped to handle any questions or concerns
With one of our main objectives being “Customer Care”, our commitment to you extends far beyond the initial sale. With our unparalleled after-sales service

The after sales support offered by our company is second to none and is what differentiates us from competition

Contract Terms
(a)Monthly Contract
(b) Quarterly Contract
(c) Annual Contract
Contact Address:
MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY & POWER SOLUTION
Engr Michael
Tel: 0810 4036 736, 08028601846

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by akintoyin1808(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Orikinla: Not a bad contraption.
It is a common project in High Schools in the US.
. Yes bt dis is a welcomed development in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by rapmike(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Where is our Government to encourage guys like this? If this was in overseas, am sure an Organization or the FG would have picked him up and probably start an automobile company of the future, but our Government only thinks of how to increase their money.... What a Shame!

Someone needs to get this man to the appropriate quarters before he becomes another Philip Emagwali who was not recognised until he reached the states.
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by musulumi(m): 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
collynzo2: 30 year old final year student.....
He must have spent enough time in the mechanic workshop before entering school.

Chai! See bad mouth!!
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Appswheel(m): 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
2014/2015 POST UTME SCREENING DATES AND VENUE FOR NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
[img]http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/POST-JAMB.jpg[/img]
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDUFU-ALIKE
2014 POST UMTE Bells University of Technology
2014 POST UTME ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY
2014 POST UTME ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE
2014 POST UTME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM
2014 POST UTME UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR
2014 POST-UTME OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERISTY
2014/ 2015 POST UMTE -LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY &
OTHER UNIVERSITIES
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by biomedixexcel(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bravo!
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Bolt3(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
This news is old.
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by rudepen(m): 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
MadCow1:

Are you okay in the head?!

You should be ashamed a Mad Cow is more intellligent than you.

This is Science not Nigerian film.

#Now Fhuck off you scally wag. angry
nd wat d0 u knw b0ut science huh??.... Again i say....ur just as mAD as i felt
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by MadCow1: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
rudepen: nd wat d0 u knw b0ut science huh??.... Again i say....ur just as mAD as i felt

Enough to make you appear dumber than a 3rd grader..

Move on before you embarrass yourself further and make a mockery of your father's wasted investment that is your education.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by mecussey(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
That car will cost over one million and thats why it won't be commecially available. Tesla has gone this far, until we find another cheaper and efficient way of converting photons to electrons, green energy will remain difficult. I challenge all students to research and experiment another way of converting light to electricity.
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by rudepen(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
MadCow1:

Enough to make you appear dumber than a 3rd grader..

Move on before you embarrass yourself further and make a mockery of your father's wasted investment that is your education.
#chuckles.... Gr0w up ok...#pats his sh0ulder
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by nannyo(f): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Why is it that bettle cars are usually refurbished by one smart student or the other?
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by luckman20(m): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
you won't make heaven
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
. So are u implying his too old 2 still be an undergrad? Simply don't understand why ppl like u prefer shifting 4rm d subject in focus 2 silly derogatory remarks.Hav'nt u realised dat educatn is no respecter of age? # Satisfy ur curiosity by asking Chika Opara *ZEBRUDAYA alias 4.30#
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by tunaguy(m): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
<h1>this is no nes jawe abeg 5th tym its making fp<\h1>
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by doubrah: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nice one Sege! The sky is your starting point
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Riclord001(m): 11:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
coldgate: Today, I am proud to be a Nigerian.
tomorrow, u will hate it wen u read d news coming from our Borno

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Emenandez4lyf(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2014
That is the fucking problem of the government, instead of enlighten the younger intellects to improve but they are always interested in their selfish desires.[b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Princek12(m): 3:07am On Jul 19, 2014
In America, they call guys like this technicians, not engineers. In Nigeria, they call guys like this engineers. Some Nairalanders who have never left the shores of Nigeria or who don't understand world-class higher education won't get it.
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by jookco(m): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2014
godlyheritage: Good people great nation

*edited* wow. FTC. lemme do like others. lol

I thank God for this great opportunity to be FTC on the front page of Africa 's largest online forum. Thanks to MTN my network of choice. Great things to come. God bless the guy below me. lol
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by opportunist: 7:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Is it just me or does his wonder 'prototype' seem lyk some secondary school project with its bent tyres and all. He didn't even give the car speed probly coz its slower than mikel. Anyways I were him I won't keep ma fingers crossed for offers from honda or toyota. Coz d only firm dat can buy d project iz gara-paper international. Money 4 scrap metal.
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by jackal001: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Sometimes I can't help but laugh at our ignorance and sheer backwardness! How on earth should this be a news, much less this unwarranted celebration? Neither solar power utilization nor car itself is new, so why this noise? I would give it a slight attention if he were to be the one making the solar panel himself using his own technology. Solar-powered and hybrid cars abound everywhere in the world, so how come a lot of people don't know about it? One clown in Ghana even did something like this not long ago and posted it on youtube and the general appearance was far better than this piece of crap(mind you I'm a Nigerian b4 you start thinking Ghanaian beefs here).
A lot of technologies abound and in most cases we can only innovate, improve efficiency and adapt it to our time and not this ugly looking monster of an 'Invention' that people are rolling out drums to celebrate. How is this more efficient or better in any way than the already existing solar and automobile technologies? I am a forward thinker, not a backward slowpoke.
As for me this is a piece of BULL-SH*T!

silverprince413: A young Nigerian student doing his last year
in electronic and electrical engineering at
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has built
a car operating on solar power.

Segun Oyeyiola explains that his car uses both wind
and solar energy for the functioning, The Net
reports. Moreover, the man developed an
application for its installation in the car, which app
will inform the driver about the battery level,
weather conditions and other essential parameters.
In an interview to allAfrica.com Segun spoke about
how he came up with the idea and eventually
embodied it. He confessed his first motivation was
to eradicate the causes of climate change resulting
in fuel combustion.
"In the course of my research, I found out that our
regular cars contribute immensely to climate
change… If we could manufacture cars that do not
use fuel or reduce the number of cars that use fuel;
our world will be a better place for us to live in."

The student had to work and study hard to achieve
his aim, which was even harder because of absence
of electricity most of the time.
Apart from that, the final year student faced other
challenges:
"Asides the lack of electricity, getting the right
materials and text books to study as well as other
needed tools was difficult. But the most prominent
of them was the lack of funds. I started using my
personal funds which I obtained by helping people
to do their projects and a little fund my parents also
contributed towards the project."
He also explained that the resulting model is a
prototype, but not the final look of the car. Segun
hopes to develop his project into a future car for
Nigeria and Africa, as it is created with regard to our
climate.
The young man points out another important
benefit of using his auto – low maintenance cost:
"Everyone likes it and they are willing to start
driving it around town because of its low cost of
maintenance. I developed a simple software that
can be installed on our laptops and smart phones to
tell us the battery level, the weather condition, the
distance we can cover during different weather
conditions and GPS location of the car."

Enthusiastic about his project, Segun says he is not
sure whether he would like to sell the idea to some
entity, he prefers to have the project funded and
continue working on upgrading the auto:
"I would rather they fund me to put together a team
to help me perfect them and make them
commercial."
In conclusion the 30-year-old urged youths to look
for solutions to the global problems and never stop
learning something new.
"And it’s better to start anything we wanted to do
now. Let’s do what will make us happy and that
which will not affect our fellow being negatively."
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by jackal001: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2014
Sometimes I can't help but laugh at our ignorance and sheer backwardness! How on earth should this be a news, much less this unwarranted celebration? Neither solar power utilization nor car itself is new, so why this noise? I would give it a slight attention if he were to be the one making the solar panel himself using his own technology. Solar-powered and hybrid cars abound everywhere in the world, so how come a lot of people don't know about it? One clown in Ghana even did something like this not long ago and posted it on youtube and the general appearance was far better than this piece of crap(mind you I'm a Nigerian b4 you start thinking Ghanaian beefs here).
A lot of technologies abound and in most cases we can only innovate, improve efficiency and adapt it to our time and not this ugly looking monster of an 'Invention' that people are rolling out drums to celebrate. How is this more efficient or better in any way than the already existing solar and automobile technologies? I am a forward thinker, not a backward slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by jerryjere(m): 11:14am On Jul 19, 2014
is it not an achievement? Yes it is
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Harkoreday(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2014
Old post
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Mescopaul(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Stir up d gifts God has imparted in u. SEGUN jst did it. Watch out for my own - Car that uses water by Mescopaul
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Mescopaul(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
jackal001: Sometimes I can't help but laugh at our ignorance and sheer backwardness! How on earth should this be a news, much less this unwarranted celebration? Neither solar power utilization nor car itself is new, so why this noise? I would give it a slight attention if he were to be the one making the solar panel himself using his own technology. Solar-powered and hybrid cars abound everywhere in the world, so how come a lot of people don't know about it? One clown in Ghana even did something like this not long ago and posted it on youtube and the general appearance was far better than this piece of crap(mind you I'm a Nigerian b4 you start thinking Ghanaian beefs here).
If i hear angry
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by sosiqdude(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
No be for this nigeria this car go function....even tho it work..who go buy??
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by emmy4lov(m): 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
bercarray: gud one,*remembers his account* i still av co-operative money here wit me,pls where can i get it,i op d co-operativ members are not here,pls phone engineers try to make a solar powered phone,i swear u go sell unless if we no dey naija again,i?m tird of #50 naira chargn a weak ba3
I sell solar chargers and power banks for phones if you need you can contact me... 07065173203, emmy4lov@gmail.com am also on whatsapp 07051394515.
Re: Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car by Nicepoker(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
Outdated design

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Elon Musk's Plans To Take Futuristic Noah's Ark To Mars ( Pics) / 'Earth's Evil Twin': NASA Heading To Venus For First Time In 30 Years (Photos) / See The Green Mamba That Was Killed By My Wife Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.