Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria (18070 Views)

FIFA To Ban Nigeria By The End Of Today If... / Ethiopia Deny Attack On Nigeria Team Bus / NFF Queried For Ban On Lesbian Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by talk2smat(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
The crisis that has rocked the Nigeria Football Federation since the Aminu Maigari-led board was sacked on July 6 is to be resolved today in line with FIFA's deadline for suspension lifting.

The development is as a result of the vacation of a suit in High Court Jos, which had earlier granted restraining order against Maigari's board thus preventing him and his board from administering Nigerian football.

FIFA demanded for the withdrawal of the case as well as the reinstatement of the Maigari-led board of the NFF as conditions before lifting the suspension placed on the country since last week.

Nigeria was lucky to have the world football governing body extend the deadline for compliance to today due to the judicial workers strike which prevented the court to sit on the earlier fixed July 15.

The Amos Adamu-led lobby team sent to FIFA by sports minister Dr. Tammy Danagogo to intimate FIFA on issues that necessitated Maigari's removal returned to the country yesterday and has submitted its report, which hasn't been made public.

The latest development has saved Nigeria bid to participate in the U-20 FIFA Women's World Cup, as well as the male African U-17 Championship qualifier this weekend.

Maigari and his board will resume their duties today and continue their normal functions until next month's elections when they could be sacked through the ballot, in line with FIFA's statuses.

Credit:http://saharareporters.com/2014/07/17/fifa-lifts-ban-nigeria

1 Like

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by veezy84(m): 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Why.....we needed four years of rehabilitation jawe undecided.................Well in other news...FTC at last,years of struggle are finally over,so if you have any troubles and both germany and I can do it,believe you can...will like to say thank you to almighty God and my. Baby @yeesh for the healthy tips..indeed a joyous day in my life....lwkmd

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by onome710(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Veezy84 I think I concur with you!
But I'm happy we are cool with 'em Fifa guys nw.
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Why would they lift the ban now
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Liamm(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
they 4 don extend the ban to 10years na chai

1 Like

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dancing Skelewu from Warri to Lagos......Now lets concentrate on Afcon and continue with FIFA vs NIGERIA season 2 later
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by faithugo64(f): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
tanx to FIFA,nigeria has enough on its plate right now,we don't need more troubles

1 Like

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Toyolad(m): 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Halleluyah!..at least for the sake of our stranded Golden Eaglets,Falcons et al

1 Like

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Fatdon(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Goodluck doing good things for our county.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wao so happy,no way 4 South Africa,cant wait 2 c our dear falcons

6 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by YoursGEJ(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Return of the Snail. Why? FIFA, why?!

8 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by mencade5(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
can a ban be place on mikel, moses, egwueke, agbim and some of those players who are not playing first team in their club not to ever play in nigeria?

Iheanacho and his group should be groomed to fill in those positions in the super eagles.

#say_no_to_slow_football

10 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by jibbish(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nigeria has been disgracing South Africa in Football Matters since 1963

18 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by GovWahala: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Finally! grin
To hell with those useless haters called South Africa trying to steal our spot for the women football tournament

8 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
But the NFF are already joblex!
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by bennyrazz: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Had it been the delegation led by Amos Adamu did not succeed now, PDP would have blamed it APC just as they have started to blame the doctors strike on APC. Meanwhile, I thought Amos Adamu was banned by FIFA for some years? as he completed the ban duration?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Blackchampion(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ok.
JUST HOPE I WON'T FORGET THIS LAND
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by brownlords: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
South Africa and Ghana will be very disappointed

9 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
I knew they will lift the ban.

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lmfaoooooooo

What happened to all the chest pounding? "Do you know who I am? A whole me?" Did what you were told after all, didn't you?

So this government knows how to act on time when oyinbo are involved, shey?

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
brownlords: South Africa and Ghana will be very disappointed

GBAM
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by GovWahala: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
veezy84: Why.....we needed four years of rehabilitation jawe undecided
Shut up! Four years of rehabilitation will not solve the big problem in your life.

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by yorke1: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
Shame on South Africa. They are enemy of Nigeria progress in the world of football.

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by hazyfm: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
AT LAST...
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by snowland(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
ok oo
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
. Ehya.
South Africa, ntoor. tongue
Maybe next 4 years.

Where are these Bantus? grin
BluIvy, where you at? tongue

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by GoodBoi1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
Expected
Re: FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
story story ... how this one take fit affect the main issues tackling us BOKO A RAMS undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PGA Strips Trump's National Golf Course Of 2022 PGA Championship / George Bello 10-Year-Old Football Wizard. / The Truth Behind The Myth Of Samuel Okwaraji's Death Against India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.