Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. (30188 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
The painting of the house. ......

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
Beautiful colours. .......

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
Designed textured wall painting. ......

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by abuc: 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
I'm encourage to get a plot of land in Lagos. Knowing the cost of this project will be fantastic but spyder880 have been neglecting the question for personal reason. Following in 3D lens.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
abuc:
I'm encourage to get a plot of land in Lagos. Knowing the cost of this project will be fantastic but spyder880 have been neglecting the question for personal reason. Following in 3D lens.

My brother, some people may punch me in the nose just for revealing costs, it happened before, so I want to celebrate Christmas with my nose intact cheesy

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:

My brother, some people may punch me in the nose just for revealing costs, it happened before, so I want to celebrate Christmas with my nose intact cheesy

LOL! LOL!! and LOL!!!
Where are the interlocking tiles? smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Empiree: 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:

Your nose okay now grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by ricki: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
How much is the Front grille protector please? With No treat to nose!
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nice progress so far i honestly thought this thread is dead
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part, I will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I plan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:41am On Feb 26, 2015
Final finish works for this house going on now, electrical wiring, plumbing and chambers, windows and other small details to be concluded this week.

1 Share

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by danielblessing(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
@spyder880 the house is indeed a low cost house, i have seen one like that in my area which i like due to its simplicity but i dont know the cost of construction. Pls include cost when concluding.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by CharlesAA: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
danielblessing:
@spyder880 the house is indeed a low cost house, i have seen one like that in my area which i like due to its simplicity but i dont know the cost of construction. Pls include cost when concluding.

@spyder880, I suppose this house should have been concluded? so what is the conclusion to this tread.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
CharlesAA:

@spyder880, I suppose this house should have been concluded? so what is the conclusion to this tread.

This house has been completed, the owner has since moved in. I will one day go see how the area is now.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
spyder880:

This house has been completed, the owner has since moved in. I will one day go see how the area is now.

Yeah. External finished photo will be appreciated.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 30, 2015
spyder880:
The weather is angry in the whole of Enugu city, serious rainfall for the past 3 days has left every where wet. But the boys need money, so we are here working while the sky is still heavy with more rain clouds.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. But when you want to learn you seek out the professor grin

So how thick is this your german floor here? It doesn't seem as robust as the others I've seen you do?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1592418_20140801_135714_jpege4eb264f741f076beefb0c83b6d6e3fd
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:25am On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. But when you want to learn you seek out the professor grin

So how thick is this your german floor here? It doesn't seem as robust as the others I've seen you do?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1592418_20140801_135714_jpege4eb264f741f076beefb0c83b6d6e3fd

This one is 100mm thick.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 02, 2016
spyder880:

This one is 100mm thick.

Not meaning to look the gift horse in the mouth but Boss are you sure this is 4"?

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Norrah(f): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Homes available for sale at Casavilla Estate. Pay 1.5 Million and Move into your OWN HOME!!! Pay the balance of N5m over 5-10 years! Just 100 Units available in this batch!! See prototype below!

The type of HOME available are 3 bedroom semi detached bungalows, all rooms ensuite with finishing including POP CEILINGS, FLOOR TILES, etc (find prototypes below). This goes for N6.5m but when you pay N1.5m (Instalmental payment available), you move in and pay balance over 5-10yrs. (Call or email us for more details.)

We also offer for sale, plots of land at a discounted price of ₦1.5m (Instalmental payment available). Buy a plot and get a loan of up to ₦5m-₦15m to build at 6% interest rate and repay in 10-25yrs.

How does this work?
1.Call or email us to schedule inspection or for more information.
2. Pay for your plot(s) outright or using our budget friendly instalment plans
3. As soon as we receive your first instalment, we open a free cooperative savings account on your behalf and pay your minimum monthly deposit to your cooperative account for one year at no extra cost to you.
3. We also help you open a free National Housing Fund account with Federal Mortgage Bank or link your existing NHF account with our partner mortgage bank, so you can access your loan to build!
4. We will work with you to ensure all necessary documents are processed.

Casavilla estate, located in a fast developing area of Magboro, Ogun state, was conceived with comfort, class and ambiance in mind. Upon completion, the estate, will provide recreational areas, green areas, walk ways, good road networks, water drainage system, electrification, commercial areas and 24hours security. These facilities are professionally planned and developed, to help you live the quality life that you deserve.

All plots and houses in Casavilla Estate are authentic, legally documented, and come with a global c of o, letter of allocation, deed of assignment and an approved survey and estate lay out plan and also, you have no fear of harassment from omoniles.

This Offer is brought to you by Casafina Cooperative Multipurpose Society, in partnership with Tavern Development Company LTD and AG Homes Mortgage Bank.

To locate Casavilla estate, turn off Lagos Ibadan express way, before Mountain of Fire, into the road with a 'welcome to Magboro' sign post (on the right side if you're coming from Berger). Turn under the bridge and enter the main Magboro road, turn left at gas line junction and drive down gas line road until you get to Casavilla Estate. Generally, its about 10-12 minute drive from the express.

This offer is available for a limited time. So start calling now!

Contact us via

Phone Numbers: Nora (09080702018), Seyi (07015311431, 08082183471)
Office Address: Casafina Cooperative Multipurpose Society, 2b Oyetola street, off Ajanaku street, off Salvation road, Opebi, Ikeja Lagos.
Email: infocasafinacooperative.org, norao@casafinacooperative.org

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by bebe2(f): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
Norrah:
Homes available for sale at Casavilla Estate. Pay 1.5 Million and Move into your OWN HOME!!! Pay the balance of N5m over 5-10 years! Just 100 Units available in this batch!! See prototype below!

The type of HOME available are 3 bedroom semi detached bungalows, all rooms ensuite with finishing including POP CEILINGS, FLOOR TILES, etc (find prototypes below). This goes for N6.5m but when you pay N1.5m (Instalmental payment available), you move in and pay balance over 5-10yrs. (Call or email us for more details.)

We also offer for sale, plots of land at a discounted price of ₦1.5m (Instalmental payment available). Buy a plot and get a loan of up to ₦5m-₦15m to build at 6% interest rate and repay in 10-25yrs.

How does this work?
1.Call or email us to schedule inspection or for more information.
2. Pay for your plot(s) outright or using our budget friendly instalment plans
3. As soon as we receive your first instalment, we open a free cooperative savings account on your behalf and pay your minimum monthly deposit to your cooperative account for one year at no extra cost to you.
3. We also help you open a free National Housing Fund account with Federal Mortgage Bank or link your existing NHF account with our partner mortgage bank, so you can access your loan to build!
4. We will work with you to ensure all necessary documents are processed.

Casavilla estate, located in a fast developing area of Magboro, Ogun state, was conceived with comfort, class and ambiance in mind. Upon completion, the estate, will provide recreational areas, green areas, walk ways, good road networks, water drainage system, electrification, commercial areas and 24hours security. These facilities are professionally planned and developed, to help you live the quality life that you deserve.

All plots and houses in Casavilla Estate are authentic, legally documented, and come with a global c of o, letter of allocation, deed of assignment and an approved survey and estate lay out plan and also, you have no fear of harassment from omoniles.

This Offer is brought to you by Casafina Cooperative Multipurpose Society, in partnership with Tavern Development Company LTD and AG Homes Mortgage Bank.

To locate Casavilla estate, turn off Lagos Ibadan express way, before Mountain of Fire, into the road with a 'welcome to Magboro' sign post (on the right side if you're coming from Berger). Turn under the bridge and enter the main Magboro road, turn left at gas line junction and drive down gas line road until you get to Casavilla Estate. Generally, its about 10-12 minute drive from the express.

This offer is available for a limited time. So start calling now!

Contact us via

Phone Numbers: Nora (07063663338, 09080702018), Seyi (07015311431, 08082183471)
Office Address: Casafina Cooperative Multipurpose Society, 2b Oyetola street, off Ajanaku street, off Salvation road, Opebi, Ikeja Lagos.
Email: infocasafinacooperative.org, norao@casafinacooperative.org

What other finished products has ur company done?

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Jummymine(f): 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
mufutau55:

You will not regret it... As per Spyder's advise I used the same 1inch pipe for my burglary and it was excellent.
See sample below... The last picture is with the net installed.

Hajji M.
@Hajji M.This burglary is very beautiful.can you recommend the person that did it for me?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
Jummymine:

@Hajji M.This burglary is very beautiful.can you recommend the person that did it for me?

The guy is a local iron bender near my site.. I don't even use him anymore.. getting crazy with his cost.
Just take the sample to any iron bender in your area and they should be able to replicate it.
Let me know if you need more pictures of it... just send me your email address. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Empiree: 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
mufutau55:

The guy is a local iron bender near my site.. I don't even use him anymore.. getting crazy with his cost.
Just take the sample to any iron bender in your area and they should be able to replicate it.
Let me know if you need more pictures of it... just send me your email address. Thanks.

Hajji M.
"Obe to dun owo lo pa". Thats how the saying goes. But then kidnapping situation really makes burglaries look like prison. smh.

Well, i guess it is better safe than sorry later
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Empiree:
"Obe to dun owo lo pa". Thats how the saying goes. But then kidnapping situation really makes burglaries look like prison. smh.
Well, i guess it is better safe than sorry later

Yes o. I hate the burglary proof too... but if you don't have it... and something fatal happens; people go tell you say "they told you o".
So make we join the bandwagon. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Norrah(f): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
bebe2:

What other finished products has ur company done?

This would be our first housing project as we are a newly registered cooperative society. However, we are working with established finance and mortgage houses like FBN (First Bank) Mortgage, UBA and AG Homes, along with Taverna Development Company, to deliver low cost but quality homes within a short time frame (6 months).
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by bolajinoni1(m): 4:03am On Mar 09, 2016
Oga spyder880. How much finish this?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Deprofessional(m): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2016
bolajinoni1:
Oga spyder880. How much finish this?
the answer to this question can help thousands of people
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2016
This looks like Awkawnanaw area boss!, was scouting around this location a while ago.....when we go see?
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, you are welcome to our newest edition. We are never going to get tired cheesy Until there is quality affordable housing for the low income bracket. grin

We just secured another contract to build a new house for yet another nairalander. The details of the project are as follows;
Project: Construction of a new 1 Bedroom self contained apartment.
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Nig LTD
Budget: To be revealed later

Please join us as we go through the ups and downs of home building in Nigeria. Welcome all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Novare Tenants Get 4-Month Free Rent In Abuja And Lagos / Welcome To Furniture Market Place / How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.