Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario (3827 Views)

Gtb Cash Dispense Error!!! Help!!! / Atms Dispense Fake N1000 Notes / ATM Dispense Error: What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by chux4liv(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
I write to enlighten NL, the possible ways to reduce and handle ATM dispenser error problem encounter on our ATM machines. Sequel to an article I read on How to handle ATM dispense error, I felt there is need to share the info since it is my field of expertise cool cool...

A Typical ATM Dispense Error is a scenario where the machine debits (removes money from) your account without actually physically dispensing cash.

Many factors lead to this:
1. Link/communication problem between the machine and your bank account server, maybe via Interswitch,
2. Cash jam,
3. Physical machine fault, etc.
This can cause a lot of inconveniences, especially if not auto-reversed immediately.

HOW TO MINIMIZE ATM DISPENSE ERRORS

While ATM dispense errors are not 100% preventable, there are a few guides that can help you minimise the rate at which you get caught. As a card user,
1. Always use a bank's card on the same bank's machine, except if absolutely impossible
2. Always demand for your account balance first before demanding for withdrawal with the machine. This helps alert you of possible link problems.
3. Follow on-screen instructions well as these will guide you properly.
4. Do not withdraw bulky amount (e.g NGN 40,000 for ATM loaded with 500 Naira note) during a transaction,as there is high possibility of cash jam due to the poor quality of notes loaded in the ATM

If the machine does not auto reverse your money, here is what to do:

CASE 1: Your bank card on your bank's machine: This is the easiest to resolve as in most cases, gets auto-reversed within 24 hours. But if not auto-reversed, visit your bank and fill a Dispense error complaint form in which you shall give details of the failed transactions. This filled form is used locally by your bank to verify and reverse your money within 24 hours.

CASE 2: Your bank card on another bank's machine: This is not auto-reversed as often as the first case, but some people are lucky to get an auto-reversal. However, resolving this takes a longer period as it involves inter-bank communication. The last one I experienced took 2 months before I got my money back.
In this case too, you still visit your bank, not the ATM owner bank, to fill same form. The difference is just that in this case, the form/complaint cannot be handled locally. Your bank will have to forward this to the head office where the whole inter-bank communications will take place. Hence, takes longer time.

It is recommended that you follow up with calls if your complaint is not resolved in the shortest time.
So, the next time you have a dispense error, do not panic, just follow the due process, and there is 99.9% probability you will get your money back soon.

Source http://www.howtutor.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by Pavore9: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
lt messed me up here in Nairobi in February, Barclay said l should contact my Nigeria bank which l did after filling forms & sending it back, l was told it would take 45days to resolve because it is an international issue, it was reversed after 68 days!
Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by chux4liv(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
@Pavore.. Resolving dispense error cases for banks outside Nigeria takes longer time.. Even in Nigeria it take approx. 2 to 3 weeks for banks to reverse inter-bank dispense error .
Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by laudate: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
Pavore9: lt messed me up here in Nairobi in February, Barclay said l should contact my Nigeria bank which l did after filling forms & sending it back, l was told it would take 45days to resolve because it is an international issue, it was reversed after 68 days!

Bros, do thanksgiving and sing praise to God. There are some people here in Nigeria with the same problem, who have not been able to resolve their ATM card issues for over 6 months. shocked
Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by Pavore9: 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
laudate:

Bros, do thanksgiving and sing praise to God. There are some people here in Nigeria with the same problem, who have not been able to resolve their ATM card issues for over 6 months. shocked
l really thanked God!
Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by chux4liv(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
I had a dispense error case using my GTB ATM card on Access bank machine.. it took the bank 4days to reverse my money.. Anyway the urgency of the reversal was due to my been an ex-staff of GTB and I worked in the ATM department for years… u knw paddi paddi thing
Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by BestNaija(m): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2014
Insightful indeed.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by juwoonn(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2014
This is a good thread

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid/reduce Atm Dispense Error Scenario by chux4liv(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Thanks Juwoon and Best Najia... cool

(1) (Reply)

Contact Of A Wine An Liquor Distributor In Lagos Needed / Great Books At Affordable Prices / Cheapest Places To Get Foodstuffs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.