Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (140783 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey:

hmmmm I pray that you marriage continues to be filled with love, understanding , peace , happiness and all the good this of life cheesy cheesy
Amen. thank you

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Godmystrength. Happy anniv. May you continue to experience peace, love, unity and understanding in your marriage. Wishing you many happy and fruitful anniv in yrs to come.
Cheers!

Abeg PM my own cake and ice cream oo grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
snazzylove: @Godmystrength. Happy anniv. May you continue to experience peace, love, unity and understanding in your marriage. Wishing you many happy and fruitful anniv in yrs to come.
Cheers!

Abeg PM my own cake and ice cream oo grin
Thanks and Amen dearie.
right away... grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Godmystrength: Abeg commot make i see road jare.........

@house - I pray that this week and the remaining weeks in this year will be exciting/wonderful/fulfilling beyond our expectation and imagination in Jesus' name.. Amen

Meanwhile, today is my wedding anniversary officially. grin grin cake and ice cream in my office. you are all invited cheesy cheesy grin

I wish you many more years of marital fulfillment, happy anniversary.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
beeevan:

I wish you many more years of marital fulfillment, happy anniversary.
Amen. Thank you beeevan

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Godismystrength, happy anniversary. May the good Lord continue to strengthen and uplift you.

Meanwhile, I'd prefer peppersoup in place of my own ice cream ma
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
bodashee: @Godismystrength, happy anniversary. May the good Lord continue to strengthen and uplift you.

Meanwhile, I'd prefer peppersoup in place of my own ice cream ma
Amen. Thank you.

catfish, assorted, cow-tail, goat-meat etc? name your choice grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cktheluckyman: 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
my own contribution will be to advise all intending couples to conduct HIV test before una begin do raw.I was almost a victim of a deadly HIV deception.but for providence,i should have been HIV positive today.This is my story here

[/quote] Dear Colleagues

Please join me in thanking God for delivering me from HIV infection inspite of the fact that I have been committing fornication and self-service.

I was engaged to a girl whom I was planning to marry later this year.Contrary to the churche's and biblical teachings we had already consumated the union even before wedlock.I took her to my parents early this year and my dad found her worthy but only insisted we carry out HIV screening before going ahead.By April I went and had a negative result.She told me she will do her's later.since we were having unprotected sex and I wasn't infected,I just assumed she will also be negative and didn't really bother.

Last month I told my dad I wanted the introduction to be in August but he bluntly told me,he is not going anywhere unless he sees our HIV result.I came back to her and impressed it upon her to carru out the test so that our marriage plans can proceed.

It was finally that she confessed to me that she was HIV positive and has known since December.

Bewildered I quickly went back for another HI test wich also came out negative.Today been the 12 week after we had sex,I have gone for another HIV test which is still negative.In all itz been between 19-12 weeks since I was exposed to the virus yet I am still negative.

I want you all to help me in thhanking God and praying for more of his mercies and blessings[quote]

https://www.nairaland.com/1800142/miraculous-protection-hiv

This thread was in July, i have done further tests on Aug 5 and sep 6 2014 which is still negative
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
My little submission is, "You have a duty to make yourself happy. Married or Single. No one has the key to your happiness, but you. If you decide to surrender that key to someone else spouse or otherwise, be sure to have a spare"

10 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
cktheluckyman: my own contribution will be to advise all intending couples to conduct HIV test before una begin do raw.I was almost a victim of a deadly HIV deception.but for providence,i should have been HIV positive today.This is my story here

Dear Colleagues

Please join me in thanking God for delivering me from HIV infection inspite of the fact that I have been committing fornication and self-service.

I was engaged to a girl whom I was planning to marry later this year.Contrary to the churche's and biblical teachings we had already consumated the union even before wedlock.I took her to my parents early this year and my dad found her worthy but only insisted we carry out HIV screening before going ahead.By April I went and had a negative result.She told me she will do her's later.since we were having unprotected sex and I wasn't infected,I just assumed she will also be negative and didn't really bother.

Last month I told my dad I wanted the introduction to be in August but he bluntly told me,he is not going anywhere unless he sees our HIV result.I came back to her and impressed it upon her to carru out the test so that our marriage plans can proceed.

It was finally that she confessed to me that she was HIV positive and has known since December.

Bewildered I quickly went back for another HI test wich also came out negative.Today been the 12 week after we had sex,I have gone for another HIV test which is still negative.In all itz been between 19-12 weeks since I was exposed to the virus yet I am still negative.

I want you all to help me in thhanking God and praying for more of his mercies and blessings

https://www.nairaland.com/1800142/miraculous-protection-hiv

This thread was in July, i have done further tests on Aug 5 and sep 6 2014 which is still negative
Thank God for your life. Next time before you fire unprotected, make sure it is with your wife not a girlfriend.

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lucky Dodge grin grin grin

cktheluckyman: my own contribution will be to advise all intending couples to conduct HIV test before una begin do raw.I was almost a victim of a deadly HIV deception.but for providence,i should have been HIV positive today.This is my story here

Dear Colleagues

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Godmystrength: Abeg commot make i see road jare.........

@house - I pray that this week and the remaining weeks in this year will be exciting/wonderful/fulfilling beyond our expectation and imagination in Jesus' name.. Amen

Meanwhile, today is my wedding anniversary officially. grin grin cake and ice cream in my office. you are all invited cheesy cheesy grin
Happy wedding anniversary. May God continue to keep u.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cktheluckyman: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Icherishu:
Thank God for your life. Next time before you fire unprotected, make sure it is with your wife not a girlfriend.

Tanx a lot.I will keep to that!!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
cktheluckyman:

Tanx a lot.I will keep to that!!
Good for you
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hummm

Givemejoy: Please I need you to tell me why men are
allowed to get away with everything and we the
women are always the victim. In my 4 years of
marriage with my husband I never used to go
through his phone, but out of curiosity I
checked his phone on the 6th of this month
and I saw text messages between him and
another woman. From what I read in the
messages he is clearly having an affair and
sleeping with this woman. I confronted him and
he denied it, he has deleted the messages but
from then till now we have not been on
speaking terms. My anger is that we have taken
the matter to his parents and my parents and
they are all blaming me for going through his
phone and asking me to apologise to him. I am
so angry and hurt. Why is nobody blaming him
for having an affair. Please what should I do,
did I do anything wrong, why is everybody
supporting him.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
good!

Floodgater: i am saying it as it is. Your hubby is most likely not going to come for you if you leave now cos that ex has a strong hold now thus your 'temporay' exit will be the perfect chance they need. Have you thought of what you or your sister(remember she said a while to see if he will come begging) will do if he doesnt come begging as you seriously hope? I had to come in cos i know you are confuse now. If your heart is not settled about leaving now or latter take your time to know what you really want so that you wont blame yourself or anyone for hasty decision. If you must leave, i want you to leave with no regret whether he comes begging or not. Thats why i said try once more till December... THERE'S POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS TO BREAK EVERY CHAINS...pls forgive your hubby and the ex especially, its necessary for answers to your prayers.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
conyema12:

thanks. Aluta
Sure I have no doubt about the love she has 4 me...
The ego smashing part is what pains more, and it even hurts more cos I have swallow it after all she is my woman.

I conveniently decided to in include the intimacy part to bring in the whole picture else some guys will start saying that might be one of the problems.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 30, 2014
@conyema
If you didn't mention 2 years of marriage and no child yet,I'd have suspected you are my hubby complaining on my bad days grin

REASON A:
There are just some days that I can never be satisfied,days I feel like ants are crawling over my body...and those days,any small mistakes are magnified in my eyes.Eg,he helps with the dishes and drops water all over the floor,I'll be like what's the point in washing dishes and creating more work for me?He bathes the baby and then calls me to bring pampers and pyjamas and I'm like what's the point in involving me now?cant you do it yourself?etc..Normally as he's cooking,I'm washing up..he's bathing the baby and I'm laying out clothes,cream,nappies etc...
Some days are just messed up like that and when it's too much he says why are you doing this hispinkolo..why??Honestly,ask me what my problem is I dunno.I may just say I'm unhappy,oya say why you are unhappy and I can't give a concrete reason.

REASON B:
I'm not being irritable on purpose,things just pile up and I feel choked up.WORK,CHILD,CHORES.Even though he tries to help,I just can't appreciate it at that moment cos I'm calculating the percentage of chores he does,plus his roping me in to share the one he's doing.When I feel this way,I act out...snap,speaking harshly etc.Oya let him now choose those days to sit infront of TV and do nothing,I start lamenting on slavery,how I won't die but live to proclaim the word of the Lord,I could even walk up to him and tell him sarcastically that he's the most helpful husband in the world.Sometimes,I say the most ridiculous things like how he wants me to work so hard and die so he can marry someone else but that I'll hunt him as a ghost and torment him forever(he finds this one funny).

Fortunately,Im putting a lot of effort into controlling myself because of his patience,his genuine concern and effort to take the stress off me.I know he truly cares so I try to be sensitive to any change in mood brought on by me,I know immediately if something I've said or done has hurt him and I apologise sharply.These days,once I feel the spirit descending,I warn and say I'm cranky..if I snap, Babe,I'm sorry I spoke harshly,I'm sorry I snapped at you ,forgive me?etc..

This man I'm talking of has his own days once in a while and when he snaps at me ehhh,I feel soo awful..sooo hurtt.I then understand how he feels when I start acting film.I am very grateful that he's been so understanding and supportive and I tell him.How wonderful he's been,how I appreciate him helping out and us working as a team,that I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world(his head go de swell like balloon but he go dey form odeshi)..

Oga,sit your wife down and tell her how you feel..how her words are affecting you.Ask her to help you understand and then find a way to work round this..she will love and appreciate you more for this singular action.Tell her you want to hear her appreciate you,you want to hear her say you are the best husband in the whole planet..She has to know that you want to hear it.I believe she will realise she has an excellent hubby and will adjust her behavior accordingly as you support and help her along the way.

On the s ex bit,remember that it's not by her shouting 'sherimama sheripapa karishika samadora 'or 'ogaonyema you don kill me'coz some days when I'm not in the mood and he's persistent,I fit fake or gasm shout cause earthquake for Jamaica even shake like I have epilepsy just for him to do quick quick so I can rest.(anyone who hasn't faked before,I hail you o!)
Anyways,I believe you know what's up shaaaaa.

This too shall pass,all these bumps will only serve to strengthen your union as you both get to understand each other better.

10 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 30, 2014
Godmystrength,
Happy Anniversary,sorry it's coming late... kiss

Fynbabe,
Thanks my sister.I wish I could practice everything I write grin

SaucEEP,
If you meet me in reality,you go run cheesy. Thanks anyway...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Wendy80(f): 1:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Things I see and hear ds days eeh, afraid de catch me oh. A lady ran to my Nebo's flat on Saturday evening(we gathered for small party) with black eye and crying.
Na so all d Ladies corner her oh to know what's up. She said her husband beat her up, Wetin happen? She couldn't say. After a while we left her to herself after calming her down sha. She started crying again and called my nebo asking if she can spend d night in her house. Nebo said No P, but what of her hubby? Omo see gist. Her hubby beats her whenever he wants to make love to her as in he doesn't enjoy sex if he doesn't hit her first and ds has been going on 4 2yrs of dia marriage. She couldn't take d beating anymore and ran away from him dat night. Was he like ds when u guys were dating was what I asked her and Babe said no. I dnt know what to say again, decided to share d story here. I'm still in shock cos if u see ds babe dat night u all will wonder what crime she committed. When I tot I've seen it all...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by hoynlorlar(f): 1:52am On Sep 30, 2014
lamps011:
I think your husband doesn't respect you or he's the old school type. but our mothers experienced worse in those days... those that endure among dem were the good women on the long run... be more tolerant as a good housewife
*i dnt tink u ar married*
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Kunbee: 4:32am On Sep 30, 2014
Agrika: Been following silently, mehn these women are the real deal as in the real Warrior Queens, omo una don begin dey make me fear oo as per this cheating and HIV tinz cos us na every 3-4 months we dey see our hubby.

Don't be scared please.

Doubt and fear are very dangerous emotions
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by DBestDoc(f): 6:03am On Sep 30, 2014
beeevan:

To some, its really till death do them part, stay married or be dead, chose one grin.

It's really pathetic
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 6:38am On Sep 30, 2014
hispinkolo: Godmystrength,
Happy Anniversary,sorry it's coming late... kiss
it is not late.
my anniversary celebration is from yesterday till tommorow o. cheesy thanks.

your comment to conyema got me gringrincheesy.
You be naughty girl o........
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 6:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Icherishu:
Happy wedding anniversary. May God continue to keep u.
thanks dear. Amen...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2014
Godmystrength: thanks dear. Amen...
You are welcome.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 30, 2014
@hispinkolo I must say you are very lucky to have such a man. If you try all those snapping with my hubby forget any help again. That is why he allows me to have help so that it can take the stress off me cos he knows he won't want to help. So any day he helps am like you are the best hubby na so I go pet am o. Even to change clothes for his child I will have to beg n pet. And give him reasons why neither I nor the helps can't do it. The day he wore my son diaper in a wrong way though that was his first, I couldn't even tell him it was the wrong way.

So next time, just try controlling yourself knowing that he is helping. Even if we women would want them to share chores 50-50 cos we also work and bring in money. The men wouldn't like that, so we just need to thread with caution. Me I have stopped expecting hubby to help that is why at every point in time. I like people living with me to help with chores, cleaning and my child so that I will know I only face food.

I feel for super women o, they look after three children keep a career and still cook and do chores. "Who sai" in my mother's tongue I can't die early.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2014
@Godmystrength kiss

@Icherishu,
Thanks a lot.I am trying my utmost best cos I know he tries wella.I actually expect help with chores around the house cos we live alone. I definitely don't expect 50/50 chores splitting o cos there are some things I'm better off doing myself.It's just that those days when my body is paining me,my mind starts playing games.

Had to laugh at your hubby putting diaper the wrong way and you praising him.Irriz well with us grin

Nb, that's why when I de chop some skoin skoin from his people and he's not reacting,I try to remember that he's fantastic in sooo many other ways.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by hoynlorlar(f): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2014
@op,u ar doing a great job here.I read frm page1-5 buh I nid to write moi story too.Am frm a nuclear family and d only girl.I got married just last year december.lemme cut the long story short.my inlaws ar great..dey ar gud to do call.Even my mil is d best 4 now cos changes is d most constant tin in life.
My husband on d oda side is moi problem...wen we were dating,he was d best buh just four month after our marriage he started dis temper tin which I dont undastd...any small tin he flares up..to the point dt he beat me up just four month afta d wedding(I was 7 month pregnant wen I married)I called his mother n my mother and told dem abt wat appened..dey adviced us and talk to him..I hate wat he dd to me buh I ddnt av choice dan to forgive(marriage is far diff frm relationshp).To wat happened.
Just last week,he was off duty...in d nite i cooked beans..d beans was done buh I wanted it to b more thick buh he insisted dt I serve him like dt...so I dd n took d food to him witout putting tray so immediately I saw dt nepa av brought lite plus d beans is still on fire and I av to off d gen too.i was stretching d food to him(d dish was hot too..it was burning moi hand)he ddnt collect it said I shud put tray..i was so pissed so I shouted take den put it on d floor..immediately(moi cousin which is wit us just for visiting o) she ran to take d tray n I went to switch off d gen n change to nepa..afta all dis moi wahala he ddnt eat d food dt nite o..i was so embarrased in frnt of moi cousin.Days afta,it was in d evening,i sent moi cousin to buy tinx 4 me..I was asking im abt our money allowance n he flared up..i flared up too den he said I shud shut up n nt talk..den I talked..he just came near me n started hitting me.i now said I wee call his mother n report him.immediately he collected moi BlackBerry forcefully n said he wee smash it on d floor..i begged n den he took my small nokia and smashed it on d floor..immediately I arranged d scattered fone n on it but d fone ddnt on..den I kept quiet.The next day,i gave im d fone to repair..he was still moody,he ddnt collect it n ddnt repair...to cut moi long story short..i cooked dt same day he ddnt eat.
I know dt all dis is nt normal...wat do u tink I shud do?wu do u tink I shud report to?am so tired of everytin amd I dnt want dis to continue.Candid advice frm nt only married buh matured pple pls.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2014
DBestDoc:

It's really pathetic

My sister the matter tire mouth sad
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2014
hoynlorlar: @op,u ar doing a great job here.I read frm page1-5 buh I nid to write moi story too.Am frm a nuclear family and d only girl.I got married just last year december.lemme cut the long story short.my inlaws ar great..dey ar gud to do call.Even my mil is d best 4 now cos changes is d most constant tin in life.
My husband on d oda side is moi problem...wen we were dating,he was d best buh just four month after our marriage he started dis temper tin which I dont undastd...any small tin he flares up..to the point dt he beat me up just four month afta d wedding(I was 7 month pregnant wen I married)I called his mother n my mother and told dem abt wat appened..dey adviced us and talk to him..I hate wat he dd to me buh I ddnt av choice dan to forgive(marriage is far diff frm relationshp).To wat happened.
Just last week,he was off duty...in d nite i cooked beans..d beans was done buh I wanted it to b more thick buh he insisted dt I serve him like dt...so I dd n took d food to him witout putting tray so immediately I saw dt nepa av brought lite plus d beans is still on fire and I av to off d gen too.i was stretching d food to him(d dish was hot too..it was burning moi hand)he ddnt collect it said I shud put tray..i was so pissed so I shouted take den put it on d floor..immediately(moi cousin which is wit us just for visiting o) she ran to take d tray n I went to switch off d gen n change to nepa..afta all dis moi wahala he ddnt eat d food dt nite o..i was so embarrased in frnt of moi cousin.Days afta,it was in d evening,i sent moi cousin to buy tinx 4 me..I was asking im abt our money allowance n he flared up..i flared up too den he said I shud shut up n nt talk..den I talked..he just came near me n started hitting me.i now said I wee call his mother n report him.immediately he collected moi BlackBerry forcefully n said he wee smash it on d floor..i begged n den he took my small nokia and smashed it on d floor..immediately I arranged d scattered fone n on it but d fone ddnt on..den I kept quiet.The next day,i gave im d fone to repair..he was still moody,he ddnt collect it n ddnt repair...to cut moi long story short..i cooked dt same day he ddnt eat.
I know dt all dis is nt normal...wat do u tink I shud do?wu do u tink I shud report to?am so tired of everytin amd I dnt want dis to continue.Candid advice frm nt only married buh matured pple pls.

Not excusing your husband but it seems you have an attitude problem, lacks manner of approach. Please I do not mean this in an insulting way but just trying to figure out what irritates him so much about you.

Ponder on this, will be back to comment fully as my desks are full.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 11:05am On Sep 30, 2014
He's yelling you're yelling. House is on fire.both of you have issues but since you're the one here you'll be the one to go home with a possible solution.
Could you be gentler,nicer,more respectful?when he starts yelling,keep quiet and just look at him. Do that 3 times and next time he wants to make a point,he'll be forced to calm down and talk to you like an adult.

You can teach him to treat you nicely by treating him nicely
hoynlorlar: @op,u ar doing a great job here.I read frm page1-5 buh I nid to write moi story too.Am frm a nuclear family and d only girl.I got married just last year december.lemme cut the long story short.my inlaws ar great..dey ar gud to do call.Even my mil is d best 4 now cos changes is d most constant tin in life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.