Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (140781 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
On this matter, an eye for a head, that's all, i have made peace with that. I won't be able to look myself in the mirror knowing that you simply said " Am Sorry" and that's it.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
bukatyne:

What is worse in a marriage than cheating and abuse?

My dear there are a lot of things that can make a marriage terrible. . . .a lot
We hear a lot about breasst cancer and lung cancer, but all the other cancers can kill too if left untreated.

If you ask warring couples, abuse and infidelity is not always the root cause of their issues.

A man who gambles all the family funds or a man who refuses to work but sit at home for years waiting for his big break, while his kids are being chased out of school for lack of school fees is a man who will give his wife sleepless nights

A man who is always at logger heads with landlords and employers leading to the family being constantly being evicted and the man is always being sacked is a headache to the wife.

Sexual incompatibility nko? another cause of strife and sleepless nights. The guy wants it 2 times and the wife wants it 4 times? or the husband wants her to wear red in bed and she wants to wear blue wink

A man who nags nags nags and can never see anything good in his wife too is a headache. I have a collegue, always complaining about how her husband is always embarassing her with his lewd and vulger language outside.

This afternoon I was in a self service restaurant and there was this man, partner and their kid in the queue in front of me. The server was serving another customer in front of us all. I guess it was taking too much time (which it wasnt) and this man just suddenly slammed his tray down and angrily walked off. The son was shouting dad dad and running after him. The woman just stood there with her hands to her face before eventually walking away.

A lot of things can go wrong and make life unbearable in the marriage for both parties. ive seen and heard a lot of stories. . . . A lot of things are happening my sister, May God help us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

How many men do the average woman plan to and want to sleep with?

How many does the average man?
I don't quite understand your argument Sagamite, but pls any man who is not ready to give up on his dreams of bedding ten thousand women in his lifetime, should NEVER mention the word marriage; ever!

Marriage is sacred & an entirely different ball game, so you don't play hide & seek in it. Neither can you eat your cake & have it.
The levels of commitment that come with marriage are fully & clearly spelt out. So why would anyone accept to go into it only to ridicule himself by saying commitment to his/her spouse is not the spouse's entitlement!!! angry o gah o! O di kwa egwu!

Infact na by force o grin ! Especially when I dey my own, you fyn me come say na marriage you want. You don't toy with peoples emotions like that now. angry
The only case this doesn't apply is if the wife was the one who married the husband or forced him into marriage. Simple!

7 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Sagamite(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2014
DIDIVA:

I don't quite understand your argument Sagamite, but pls any man who is not ready to give up on his dreams of bedding ten thousand women in his lifetime, should NEVER mention the word marriage; ever!

Marriage is sacred & an entirely different ball game, so you don't play hide & seek in it. Neither can you eat your cake & have it.
The levels of commitment that come with marriage are fully & clearly spelt out. So why would anyone accept to go into it only to ridicule himself by saying commitment to his/her spouse is not the spouse's entitlement!!! angry o gah o! O di kwa egwu!

Infact na by force o grin ! Especially when I dey my own, you fyn me come say na marriage you want. You don't toy with peoples emotions like that now. angry
The only case this doesn't apply is if the wife was the one who married the husband or forced him into marriage. Simple!

First question: who you be to define marriage for another person or tell them what they should do or how to value it? If dem no follow your rules, wetin go happen? If dem eat the cake and then have the puff-puff with akamu, how you go stop them?tongue

Second question: Don't we live in a world where people are free to toy in emotions? Now you want to highlight the "responsibility" the man should have? All of a sudden, when women see risks to their interests, they start talking about "decency rules". If they have nothing to lose, no need for rules, they can do as they like and you have to 'man up' to accept it. grin I wish women too have "responsibilities" that makes them not feel like they can do whatever they like when they are in a position of power. tongue
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Sagamite(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2014
carefreewannabe:

We were not talking about feelings. We were talking about expectations.
And of course you cannot force anyone to fulfill your expectations and that is why it is better to stay away from morally crooked people who will expect someone to give them this or that but will not do the same even though they pretend to.

And when the truth reveals itself some day, they will give their partners all sort of excuses they were giving themselves when deceiving their partners.

Extremely selfish and unfair.

Feelings would be a thing addressed individually by people. That is life.

Some you lose, some you win. There are too much crooked people out there every sensible person should have a risk management framework.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by luvablesam(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2014
chaircover:

We hear a lot about breasst cancer and lung cancer, but all the other cancers can kill too if left untreated.

If you ask warring couples, abuse and infidelity is not always the root cause of their issues.

A man who gambles all the family funds or a man who refuses to work but sit at home for years waiting for his big break, while his kids are being chased out of school for lack of school fees is a man who will give his wife sleepless nights

A man who is always at logger heads with landlords and employers leading to the family being constantly being evicted and the man is always being sacked is a headache to the wife.

Sexual incompatibility nko? another cause of strife and sleepless nights. The guy wants it 2 times and the wife wants it 4 times? or the husband wants her to wear red in bed and she wants to wear blue wink

A man who nags nags nags and can never see anything good in his wife too is a headache. I have a collegue, always complaining about how her husband is always embarassing her with his lewd and vulger language outside.

This afternoon I was in a self service restaurant and there was this man, partner and their kid in the queue in front of me. The server was serving another customer in front of us all. I guess it was taking too much time (which it wasnt) and this man just suddenly slammed his tray down and angrily walked off. The son was shouting dad dad and running after him. The woman just stood there with her hands to her face before eventually walking away.

A lot of things can go wrong and make life unbearable in the marriage for both parties. ive seen and heard a lot of stories. . . . A lot of things are happening my sister, May God help us all.

All I saw in ur very long write-up was very strange, the Man this, the Man that!. Don't women have faults too? Or are they 'sin less' in relationships

Interesting and strange
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by luvablesam(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2014
chaircover:

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by imurboss: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2014
What's going on here, I think this thread is getting boring from how it was when it started. So many arguments & digressions embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2014
imurboss:
What's going on here, I think this thread is getting boring from how it was when it started. So many arguments & digressions embarassed
I thought I was the only one that noticed.
Small time blaming gamea and intimidation will set in.

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by menme: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

Having a baby seem like a honourable reason for you both to continue the relationship.

It is in the best interest of the baby but based on the other parts of your statement, it might not be in both of you's best interest.

Okay. I guess on this we can only go by what he told you and what you experienced. Fair enough.

To be frank, this does not sound sufficient enough for the needs of an average man. It really sounds like what women tend to think men "should" want in a relationship. Secondly, some of these might be claimed (and believed) but that might not be the view of the guy.

That said, the needs of different men can be different. I would leave you to judge whether what you pride yourself as giving him is what he wants. You are the one that knows your man.

Give and want can have a deep disconnect. For example, if someone asks me what I bring to the relationship for my woman and I say, I spend a lot of time with her watching football. That might be nice for me, she might even enjoy it moderately but her needs might be extremely different and more complex than that and that is not a typical high-level need of a woman. Of course, I would probably think she "should" like that and not think of what she "would" like and "how" she would like it.

Most women tend to want emotional, financial and physical security as a fundamental need.

Most men tend to want sex, financial success, social position/power, an aesthetically beautiful trophy partner, someone they are sexually attracted to, good conversation, limited/no arguments and little domestic work as a fundamental need.

You have to figure out which of these you provide him with (or support him in getting or not hinder him in getting) so well from your view of making him very happy.

Each gender wants more than those, those are just the fundamentals.

As for you being the love of his life, that might be very true but I also know many men say such rubbish because they think that is what they are suppose to say or that is what a woman wants to here otherwise there would be snide trouble.

I have the philosophy that there are multiple choices for everyone. If a girl is not with me, she would be with someone else and be equally happy. I am a core realist.

If I may ask, why didn't you say "No, lets wait a bit till we get married"? Because he asked and want to is not sufficient reason to do it now if he is sure that is what he wants now.

Okay.

oga sagamite........im a woman but i totally agree wit your analysis.quite insightful and deep!
Sagamite:

Having a baby seem like a honourable reason for you both to continue the relationship.

It is in the best interest of the baby but based on the other parts of your statement, it might not be in both of you's best interest.

Okay. I guess on this we can only go by what he told you and what you experienced. Fair enough.

To be frank, this does not sound sufficient enough for the needs of an average man. It really sounds like what women tend to think men "should" want in a relationship. Secondly, some of these might be claimed (and believed) but that might not be the view of the guy.

That said, the needs of different men can be different. I would leave you to judge whether what you pride yourself as giving him is what he wants. You are the one that knows your man.

Give and want can have a deep disconnect. For example, if someone asks me what I bring to the relationship for my woman and I say, I spend a lot of time with her watching football. That might be nice for me, she might even enjoy it moderately but her needs might be extremely different and more complex than that and that is not a typical high-level need of a woman. Of course, I would probably think she "should" like that and not think of what she "would" like and "how" she would like it.

Most women tend to want emotional, financial and physical security as a fundamental need.

Most men tend to want sex, financial success, social position/power, an aesthetically beautiful trophy partner, someone they are sexually attracted to, good conversation, limited/no arguments and little domestic work as a fundamental need.

You have to figure out which of these you provide him with (or support him in getting or not hinder him in getting) so well from your view of making him very happy.

Each gender wants more than those, those are just the fundamentals.

As for you being the love of his life, that might be very true but I also know many men say such rubbish because they think that is what they are suppose to say or that is what a woman wants to here otherwise there would be snide trouble.

I have the philosophy that there are multiple choices for everyone. If a girl is not with me, she would be with someone else and be equally happy. I am a core realist.

If I may ask, why didn't you say "No, lets wait a bit till we get married"? Because he asked and want to is not sufficient reason to do it now if he is sure that is what he wants now.

Okay.

oga sagamite........im a woman but i totally agree wit your analysis.quite insightful and deep!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
imurboss:
it is needed once in a while.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:26am On Nov 28, 2014
Givemejoy:
Noooooooo not needed at all. Not in this thread ooo.

If some certain people and some of their discussions should continue it will scare people that want to tell their stories or people that needed help away.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:31am On Nov 28, 2014
Hispinkolo I enjoy your long epistle.

Snazzylove where @ thou?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by imurboss: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2014
Givemejoy:

OK.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
@ Ilovenigeria, my dear am by d sideline watching grin
The issue of cheating in marriage is something I avoid discussing, reason is because, its really hard for me to say what my reaction will be if am faced with the situation. Its so complicated. A lot of pple may not understand this, its easier to rant about what you will or will not do, cause you are not wearing the shoe yet, in reality a 'Margaret Thatcher' or 'James Bond' may suddenly turn to Mother Theresa and vice versa.
Sisi Chaircover made valid points that I quite appreciate, she really understands the intricacies of r/ship in marriage.
@Meddler, I'll advice you take it easy on urself, its not your fault that hussy cheated. HE WANTED TO CHEAT, and he has no excuse for it. Forgive him, try to 4get. This is the most difficult part. I don't know if I can forgive if I find myself in your shoes, even if I do I can never forget, just like madampinkolo said, the thot of them together and stuffs will continue to linger in my memory, and this will always aggravate and wake up anger in me anytime am with him, meaning dat it will be very difficult for me to let go.
Since you have decided to hold on and make it work, I pray for strength from above to keep you goin. Its really a trying time for you but God will see you thru. Its well.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
snazzylove:
The issue of cheating in marriage is something I avoid discussing, reason is because, its really hard for me to say what my reaction will be if am faced with the situation. Its so complicated. A lot of pple may not understand this, its easier to rant about what you will or will not do, cause you are not wearing the shoe yet, in reality a 'Margaret Thatcher' or 'James Bond' may suddenly turn to Mother Theresa and vice versa.
Sisi Chaircover made valid points that I quite appreciate, she really understands the intricacies of r/ship in marriage.
@Meddler, I'll advice you take it easy on urself, its not your fault that hussy cheated. HE WANTED TO CHEAT, and he has no excuse for it. Forgive him, try to 4get. This is the most difficult part. I don't know if I can forgive if I find myself in your shoes, even if I do I can never forget, just like madampinkolo said, the thot of them together and stuffs will continue to linger in my memory, and this will always aggravate and wake up anger in me anytime am with him, meaning dat it will be very difficult for me to let go.
Since you have decided to hold on and make it work, I pray for strength from above to keep you goin. Its really a trying time for you but God will see you thru. Its well.
I miss you jooor

You, madampinkolo, Aishia and madam CC are always on point. You correct and give advice with love, jokes and examples.

Thank you once again.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Meddler(f): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
snazzylove:
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and advice. It's been a really rough time. I have my good days and bad days. Forgiveness is definitely going to be hard but I'm continually begging for strength from above and know God will see me through this trial.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

I miss you jooor

You, madampinkolo, Aishia and madam CC are always on point. You correct and give advice with love, jokes and examples.

Thank you once again.
grin grin grin
I miss u guyz too.
Thanks for 'smoking' me out grin
One luv!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by lertee(f): 6:09am On Nov 30, 2014
So the reality has finally dawned on me that i'm going into matrimony in 5days,i have read so much moved with a few with good and bad experiences,i've been scared and wished silently that the day doesn't come fast but well,once there's life and good health,time will always fly faster than you expect.

I have a few fear about marriage,from finance to child bearing to infidelity,losing freedom and in-law issues,with a few things i've read on this thread so far,i come to realise some of these issues are almost unavoidable. embarassed

Is this fear normal for every intending bride to be or is it just me?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
lertee:
So the reality has finally dawned on me that i'm going into matrimony in 5days time,i have read so much moved with a few with good and bad experiences,i've been scared and wished silently that the day doesn't come fast but well,once there's life and good health,time will always fly faster than you expect.

I have a few fear about marriage,from finance to child bearing to infidelity,losing freedom and in-law issues,with a few things i've read on this thread so far,i come to realise some of these issues are almost unavoidable. embarassed

Yes, it is normal.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by ayaomoade: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
lertee:
So the reality has finally dawned on me that i'm going into matrimony in 5days,i have read so much moved with a few with good and bad experiences,i've been scared and wished silently that the day doesn't come fast but well,once there's life and good health,time will always fly faster than you expect.

It's normal to be fearful because it's a journey of the unknown. Be sure to go into it with an open mind. Do not let other people's experience shape your home.
God is the author of marriage, do not leave him out of your home. Wishing you a blessed and peaceful home.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 01, 2014
lertee:

where is Phema?
Na so so she dey ask question this time last year too? angry
Go marry Mr. Lertee jor tongue

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 01, 2014
lertee:

Its normal.... U'll get over it as soon as the contract is sealed. #smiles.
Phobia for childbearing is quite inevitable and often become worse when u're still carrying ur 1st baby; but its nothing, it'll come out the way it went in.
What u must do is, walk into it(marriage) with an open mind, no pretense; give in your best and hope for the best. Fears are often illusions giving one the very wrong impression about the unknown/unseen..
God who endorsed marriage won't fold His hands when things are moving in the opposite direction.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by lertee(f): 5:46am On Dec 01, 2014
Givemejoy:
Yes, it is normal.
ayaomoade:

It's normal to be fearful because it's a journey of the unknown. Be sure to go into it with an open mind. Do not let other people's experience shape your home.
God is the author of marriage, do not leave him out of your home. Wishing you a blessed and peaceful home.
Amen,thank you for the encouragement. grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by lertee(f): 5:50am On Dec 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

where is Phema?
Na so so she dey ask question this time last year too? angry
Go marry Mr. Lertee jor tongue
grin grin grin
They said it's normal

LyndaRoyce:

Its normal.... U'll get over it as soon as the contract is sealed. #smiles.
Phobia for childbearing is quite inevitable and often become worse when u're still carrying ur 1st baby; but its nothing, it'll come out the way it went in.
What u must do is, walk into it(marriage) with an open mind, no pretense; give in your best and hope for the best. Fears are often illusions giving one the very wrong impression about the unknown/unseen..
God who endorsed marriage won't fold His hands when things are moving in the opposite direction.
All the best!
@bold words,if I believe this,i will believe anything grin grin.
I know it's not easy but one will only need to endure the pain.
Thanks for the wishes.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by stinggy(m): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2014
lertee:

grin grin grin
They said it's normal

@bold words,if I believe this,i will believe anything grin grin.
I know it's not easy but one will only need to endure the pain.
Thanks for the wishes.

Believe her, it comes out the same way it goes in smiley

You'll be fine dear, trust me kiss

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by luv2talk(m): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
lertee:

Happy Married Life In Advance cool cool cool

From Abdul smiley smiley wink
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by lertee(f): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
luv2talk:

Happy Married Life In Advance cool cool cool

From Abdul smiley smiley wink
Wow,thanks.
Change your profile pix from that bike to the new toy wink.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by luv2talk(m): 1:03am On Dec 02, 2014
lertee:

Wow,thanks.
Change your profile pix from that bike to the new toy wink.
hehehehe, Lowkey Tinz wink , passed through your area few hours ago smiley
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by nwababy: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2014
Thanks all everyone that wished me well I really appreciates. God is indeed awesome. Am coming back with a story about my younger brother and the girl he wants to marry but it didn't work again. My do love really dewindles within a short period? When I give you the details you will understand.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by nwababy: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Where will I even start! My brother is 28years old and my immediate younger and only brother, we love him so much.(I especially) He brought this girl home that he will marry her for approval and we really loved the girl cos she's nice or so we think. My brother is the kind of person that over does things(he's an extremist) if he plays, he's a good player; if he falls in love, he crashes lol. Meanwhile, he brought the girl to our elder sister's wedding. On the D day, after church service, when the bridal train were about entering their car I noticed the car wouldn't accomodate her(she's not in the bridal train but cos my kid sis is in and they are mates, she's always with her). I told her to follow me let me make space for her in another car and she totally ignored me(maybe cos she taller than I lol) it wasn t funny then cos I see her as been disrespectful; I called her like twice and my brother came immediately and called her to follow him (coincidentally to the same car I was urging her to enter. That same day, as the couple were dancing, I was the one in charge of those picking money. My brother's fiancee stood beside and was like what are you doing standing instead of picking money? Maybe she was joking oh but am older than her with 6years and she was been insultive; with the beat of the music I called her closer and asked her if she's aware that am her fiance's elder sister and deserves some respect( I was really bittered) I called my brother almost immediately and told him to caution his fiancee. I forgot the issue( or pretended to forget) when our family friend urged us to take a picture with them. I told my brother to call her so that we can snap together and she refused coming. On my mum's part, my mum urged her to sit beside her for quick introduction whenever any of our relation comes but she didn't. Before you say jack she's in the midst of my sister's inlaw that's her mates. We all found this behaivours very disrespectful. But later that night she came to apologise and I forgave her but the relationship were not same again. You guys know that I have been in a long term relationship and I have a sister inlaw who is as older to me as iam to her(ok like 10years old) for the 12yrs I've been going to their family I've never been disrespectful to her and I pray I will remain that way always. I just want to give you guys laydown of her behaviour before the issue at hand.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
I totally like this story.
It's the other end of this whole wife-MIL story.
I'll just grab popcorn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.