Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi (2073 Views)

I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. / My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by femi4love(m): 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ekiti state governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has debunked insinuations that he lost the 21 June governorship election because of what analysts have called ‘stomach infrastructure’, saying the insinuations are the handiwork of people he described as “arm chair analysts.”

The governor made the assertion at the 70th birthday lecture and book presentation in honour of Professor Olatunji Dare in Lagos.

“Forget about what you read in the papers, it is not stomach infrastructure,” he said in a veiled reference to the outcome of the Ekiti state governorship polls.

While announcing his launch of the book, Fayemi explained that he decided to attend the event himself and purchase copies of the book because “maybe it will redeem my image of what people say we are. Forget what you read from the arm chair analysts, there is nothing called stomach infrastructure in Ekiti. That story will be told another day, not for this occasion.”

He also noted that he did not come to the function with a retinue of policemen and personal aides because of his belief as an intellectual in the public space.

“So when the chairman [General T.Y Danjuma] said I came in quietly and sat down, what else was I supposed to do? To create distraction by walking in with gun-toting policemen, with sirens blaring and all the goons disturbing the peace of the hall? That way, I will be the people’s governor.

“I do worry about that because the lecture we just had and the festschrift talks about public intellectuals and the place of public intellectuals in public sphere.”

It is, however, not clear if the governor never used sirens or never had a retinue of aides following him about at functions in the past.

The governor also said he experiments this principle by documenting his experiences in governance since assuming office in Ekiti State.

“As someone who, at the turn of every year that I have been in office, I have cause to write a book about my experience in government and the challenges of governance, that is why I regard Professor Dare as one of the very best in the industry. And that is why I’m here. That’s my first public event since June 21st (the day of the Ekiti election).”

He said he will continue with the task of finding answers to problems of the society. “We want to go on with our sociological challenges with the way the people are governed. I consider it a duty on my part to pay homage to someone who has taught us the importance of public intellectuals in the development and deepening of democracy.

“That is why I didn’t want to send someone here. Though my Commissioner for Information is here, I prefer to be here myself. I will like to buy some copies, maybe it will redeem my image of what people say we are in Ekiti.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/07/17/my-defeat-in-ekiti-not-due-to-stomach-infrastructure-fayemi/
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by femi4love(m): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hmmm! Nigeria and politics. Let's wait and see what the "Ogas at the top" will say to this as usual. undecided
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by henrysam(m): 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
I think na fashola said ekiti people voted for pdp because of stomach infrastructure.
Hope all is well with the leadership of apc?

4 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by femi4love(m): 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
henrysam: I think na fashola said ekiti people voted for pdp because of stomach infrastructure.
Hope all is well with the leadership of apc?

It seems to me that there's a bit of confusion somewhere undecided

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
I see Fayemi joining PDP...

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 0rlando0woh: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
He basically called Lai Mohammed, Elrufai, Amaechi, Fashola and other APC plebs who said he lost due to stomach infrastructure ''armchair critics''.

9 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by gratieao: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
The problem is not Fayemi. Tinubu is the reason APC loss Ekiti state. Fayemi may contest 2015 national assembly election under PDP
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Decibel: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dr. Fayemi is a true democrat but got deceived by Liar Mohammed and Tinubu who thought that the only way to win election is by mere propaganda. It is indeed a pity.
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Decibel: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
I'm seeing Mua'azu and Metuh poaching Fayemi.
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Francis5: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
''So much hunger in SW''..Tinubu
''No hunger in SW''....Fayemi

Which one be true na?

2 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
0rlando0woh: He basically called Lai Mohammed, Elrufai, Amaechi, Fashola and other APC plebs who said he lost due to stomach infrastructure ''armchair critics''.

Dr Fayemi is effectively an ex supporter of APC. He would open his mouth soon... And when he does, it would be goodbye APC. ( at least in the south west)

That would be conveniently close to the 2015 general elections and there won't be enough time for liar Mohammed, el Rufai, Amaechi, Tinubu and other supporter of APC maggots to spin a new lie.

Say no to Terrorism
Say no to APC.

The umbrella rules...

2 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 500GP: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
gratieao: The problem is not Fayemi. Tinubu is the reason APC loss Ekiti state. Fayemi may contest 2015 national assembly election under PDP

YOU COMMENT AS IF THOSE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION.

#POOR PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE OPINION

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Decibel: 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
500GP:

Don't you know that Nairaland is a FACELESS forum? Your illiteracy is Lengendary.

2 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by talktimi(m): 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
Brother Fayemi, are you trying to call governor Rotimi Amaechi a "liar" and an "arm chair analyst" ? shocked

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by laykhorn(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
this man lost due to Politics, he is a novice and mistakenly, he took Tinubu as the messier but Fayose knew better. You have to be in Ekiti to see the Federal Power intervention. He is one man Ekiti people would regret losing.
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 500GP: 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
Decibel: Don't you know that Nairaland is a FACELESS forum?

QUESTION FOR THE GODS

Your illiteracy is Lengendary.

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
500GP:

Yours exposes your "cluelessness". You are still drunk from the PDP punches.

I feel the pain of all e-maggots.

4 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by gratieao: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
500GP:

Village goat

2 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 500GP: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
gratieao:
Village goat

YOUR P.A.P.A
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 500GP: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:

Yours exposes your "cluelessness". You are still drunk from the PDP punches.

I feel the pain of all e-maggots.

JUST LIKE THE WAY GOATLUCK AND YOUR PAPA ARE CLUELESS
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by K0B0K069: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
500GP:

Sai Gej oooo

I don port oooo

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Zionope: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
0rlando0woh: He basically called Lai Mohammed, Elrufai, Amaechi, Fashola and other APC plebs who said he lost due to stomach infrastructure ''armchair critics''.
It depends on the meaning u guys give to d "stomach infrastructure" saga; cos pple read different meanings to it. He was just trying to balance things here, he's still d governor; he must protect his pple, and his administration as well. Saying pple of the state are hungry is a slap on his administration so there is need to defend that.

2 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 11:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
500GP:

Unfortunately and shamefully so, you appear to be the only e-maggot on this thread.

Na only you waka come

My condolences to your poor supporter of APC family.

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by K0B0K069: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:
Unfortunately and shamefully so, you appear to be the only e-maggot on this thread.

Na only you waka come

Bro forgive me i will never oppose or spew propaganda on Gej again.
Am a changed person

3 Likes

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 500GP: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:

Na only you waka come

I DON'T ATTACH MYSELF WITH PEOPLE.

#EXTEND MY COMMISERATION TO YOUR FATHER FOR THE DEATH OF YOUR HIS WIFE .I.E. YOUR MOTHER
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
500GP:

I DON'T ATTACH MYSELF WITH PEOPLE.

#EXTEND MY COMMISERATION TO YOUR FATHER FOR THE DEATH OF YOUR HIS WIFE .I.E. YOUR MOTHER
Symptoms of a ghetto upbringing.

People like you can't annoy me.

1 Like

Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by 500GP: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:
Symptoms of a ghetto upbringing.

People like you can't annoy me.

PEOPLE WITH NO DIGNITY THINKS THAT THEIR OPINION IS IN NEED OF

#HISROYALFOOLISHNESS
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Ovamboland(m): 3:42am On Jul 18, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:

Dr Fayemi is effectively an ex supporter of APC. He would open his mouth soon... And when he does, it would be goodbye APC. ( at least in the south west)

That would be conveniently close to the 2015 general elections and there won't be enough time for liar Mohammed, el Rufai, Amaechi, Tinubu and other supporter of APC maggots to spin a new lie.

Say no to Terrorism
Say no to APC.

The umbrella rules...

And our woes escalate...bravo
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 18, 2014
In the course of his campaigns, Fayemi fed Ekiti old women with jollof rice without tomato or meat. He stood behind a cooler with his wife and proudly dished it out; taking pictures in the process.
Is that the type of food he eats in Govt House, with the people's money?
His day of reckoning has come and he want to blame Tinubu for it. As if Tinubu was the architect of his non-performance in office. Tinubu has done his two-terms as a Governor without anyone's help. He fought Obj to a standstill back then. Why is Fayemi expecting Tinubu to spoon-feed him?

We hear he wants to join the PDP, if he does, he should learn that propaganda does not and has never won anyone an election.
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by southsouthman: 5:30am On Jul 18, 2014
Zionope:
It depends on the meaning u guys give to d "stomach infrastructure" saga; cos pple read different meanings to it. He was just trying to balance things here, he's still d governor; he must protect his pple, and his administration as well. Saying pple of the state are hungry is a slap on his administration so there is need to defend that.

Which means that his APC governors n the leadership do not care about what happens to him. If they did they wouldn't have come out to make those comments
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2014
Ovamboland:

And our woes escalate...bravo

I would never willingly jump into a furnace.

APC is a furnace of woes.
Re: My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi by michelz: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2014
He has suddenly become humble...

(1) (Reply)

Psquare "Peter"prayer To All Igbos In His Instagram. / Expose!; GEJ Nairaland Handle Discovered / God Will Punish Afonja For Giving Ilorin To Marauders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.