Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? (1512 Views)

Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Which Is The Best Programming Language To Learn? / Pls The 5 Most Valuable It Certifications In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by naijatechworld: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
To quote William Ting‘s earlier answer: “JavaScript will stay relevant as long as people use the internet.”

1. So, JavaScript will be relevant forever.
2. JavaScript runs in other environments, outside of browsers, and can be compiled from a wide array of programming languages.

With the maturity and robustness of mobile frameworks like PhoneGap and end-to-end implementations like Node, JavaScript will be used more and more often, in more and more contexts.

So, my vote is—wait for it—JavaScript.

Not convinced?

JavaScript is the #1 most-used language on GitHub, and this trend is only going to increase:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2014/07/14/what-is-the-most-valuable-programming-language-to-know-for-the-future-and-why/

Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by Sethuncahier(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Though,I don't really know much of JavaScript but I vote for PHP. Over the time,PHP has been one of the best web programming languages for websites,web applications,themes,templates...

1 Like

Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by GodMode: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
Sethuncahier: Though,I don't really know much of JavaScript but I vote for PHP. Over the time,PHP has been one of the best web programming languages for websites,web applications,themes,templates...

Don't compare php to Javascript. Javascript is just amazing.
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by Sethuncahier(m): 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Don't compare php to Javascript. Javascript is just amazing.
Yeah,I don't know much of Javascript except for pop-ups on webpages which I know of.you can tell us what other things Javascript can be used for.
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by GodMode: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Sethuncahier: Yeah,I don't know much of Javascript except for pop-ups on webpages which I know of.you can tell us what other things Javascript can be used for.

I'm a beginner
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by Sethuncahier(m): 1:50am On Jul 18, 2014
GodMode:

I'm a beginner
If you're a beginner knowing that JavaScript is amazing,then I'm a novice for not knowing. Lolz
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by Christian529: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
javascript has its advantages AND NOT JUST FOR POP ups.....u can create web apps that run with out the use of the internet using the language..
but javascript falls short in terms of web security cos of its client sided nature....my own sugestions is to learn the best of both worlds...
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by Sethuncahier(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
Christian529: javascript has its advantages AND NOT JUST FOR POP ups.....u can create web apps that run with out the use of the internet using the language..
but javascript falls short in terms of web security cos of its client sided nature....my own sugestions is to learn the best of both worlds...
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by GodMode: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Christian529: javascript has its advantages AND NOT JUST FOR POP ups.....u can create web apps that run with out the use of the internet using the language..

There's something called server side javascript I.e node.js. Just so u know, javascript can be used to penetrate websites.
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by fattbabakay(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
*Folds arms*
Re: The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? by Christian529: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
GodMode:

There's something called server side javascript I.e node.js. Just so u know, javascript can be used to penetrate websites.

yea heard of that but neva went into it sha.....guess i ave to read up.

(1) (Reply)

Android App Monetization Insights... / Nairalanders Programmers Please I Need Your Help / Learn Object Oriented Programming (OOP) AT SANDCROFT SOFTWARE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.