Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Theory Of The Modern Wife - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Theory Of The Modern Wife (26859 Views)

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad / Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. / Modern Igbo Baby Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by brixton: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ok
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Iceman296: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
crunchyg: Yea I agree with you, girls of these days lacks respect. I am really SMH for all the ladies more especially all these immature girls on Nairaland. Please some one should help me. How can I post on Nairaland for my post to get to front page?

Lol, There is No special way your post get to Front page. You just have to nick a spot in the topic before the first page gets Full.

I myself dont get a Damm if my post hits FP. I just make my Point and Go away.

As for the Topic, we're confusing Feminism with women who want equal right, Women who hate men and those straight ones who aint Satisfied with the treatment from their spouse.

Its just an Ill of the mordern world.
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by coachwilcox(m): 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Ok....... But the problem African men have is not these women that clamour for equality. My wife is not my slave, she is my body and deserves every respect. Our real problem is feminism. I know it may sound funny to hear that I'm in for equality but against feminism, I ll explain. The people that clamour for equality want the same opportunities as men. They want equal pay to men. They want to walk alone and feel safe, they want to have a say. These are the things they want and men are ok with them but feminism but feminism operates under the assumption that simply because women's roles were considered "submissive," that they alone should be freed from gender roles.
Feminists tend to want equality only when it benefits them.

When challenged feminists do say they believe in equal rights for men as well and then they continue to support a movement who's stated aim is the destruction of men and family. Many women do not know these, even some nigerian feminists on nairaland do not know it.

The people that started the movement in the late sixties were violent, bitter, emotionally damaged lesbians who hated men and that is why most them on nland hate men. Those who ask for equal rights do not hate men but feminists do.

These man hating lesbians have been telling lies about men and vilifying us for several years. They say 1 in 4 women will be raped in her lifetime and that is a lie. They used to say that women earned less than men for the same work, that was a lie. They say that men are more violent than women, that is a lie, they say that women are living in bondage, that is a lie, and some other crazy lies like that, the biggest lie feminists have always told is that they support equal rights for women and men. That is not true.

Feminism is so deceptive and I believe is from the pit of hell. God outlines the roles of women and men as different but equally as important. He created us different physically emotionally, etc and that is the way it shall always be.

UPDATE: all yo feminists on nland that have been given a lot of misinformation, for all yo angry people that are intoxicated with hatred, believing that maleness is synonymous with violence.

To all of yo who think you can teach men how to treat a lady when you yourselves do not know what being a lady is all about in the first place.

To all yo that would never consider doing some certain works/things because they are men's work but want EQUALITY

To all of yo who claim that women arrested for domestic violence must have acted in self-defense

You have this from me: I don't care for feminism and what it has become, every man on his own, but you need to know that the law of equality states that we are created equal grin so no more fringe benefits because you are a lady The law also states that we all should be treated as human beings and should be held equally accountable for our actions so playing victim cards won't help gringringringrin

Somebody give this man a medal. Silly deluded, confused, naija feminist girls completely clueless as to what feminism and equality really is....

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by cococandy(f): 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
crackhaus: @ cococandy, please answer these questions and deal with it...I want to see what you have to say.

Sorry I saw those just now.
Are you seriously telling me that you've no idea that gender inequality exists in your dear country? Now you're just trolling.

As for your middle eastern women,I'm sorry to say you can't use people who are shackled by religion to set standards for me or any reasonable person.

If they want to continue being smothered,what's my concern? Am I supposed to keep quiet because they are keeping quiet? If anything I think we should give a round of applause to feminism for taking us further than them in actualizing our own goals.

If you want to play the ostrich and act like you don't know there is prejudice against women in some spheres of our social life,well... lipsrsealed
Read more.
https://worldpulse.com/node/69754

This ish is getting tiresome anyway

4 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
I don't know why a vessel, molded to be decorative and be of importance (female) wants to be a clay pot with nothing significantly special about it. (male)

Adam was made of clay but Eve was d final perfect and finished product from this solid mass of no special significance. All the perfection and the necessary tweeks were made in Eve. So why would any Eve wants to be an Adam?

I am woman and I do my duties as a keeper of his mess and the wrapper of his shortcomings from the ridicule of the society. What else is there?

3 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by pickabeau1: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Her grandma at 38 years ago was given grief
is this common nowadays..

Things are getting better.. wills are being written and enforced
Education and Exposure is helping

cococandy:
Read more.

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Tallesty1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
TribalEAST: After the feminists on nairaland got bursted by tallesty1 for hiding behind the mask of equality to push their agenda, they started hissing. grin
Lols, Oga mi good evening.
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by cococandy(f): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
crackhaus: @ cococandy, please answer these questions and deal with it...I want to see what you have to say.

Are you seriously telling me that you've no idea that gender inequality exists in your dear country? Now you're just trolling.

Is not the same Nigeria that a girl can't inherit in her home compound?
The same Nigeria that a man will wake up after 15 yrs of marriage and decide to tak in another wife without considering how it make his wife feel and he is okayed. With no compensation to the distressed woman?
Same Nigeria where a molest victims is shamed and blamed for maybe having seduced her attacker by her dressing? Or at the very least is left with the stigma as if it's her fault.
Or the one where some companies don't employ women?

Look around your society and stop acting like you don't live in it

As for your middle eastern women,I'm sorry to say you can't use people who are shackled by religion to set standards for me or any reasonable person.

If they want to continue being smothered,what's my concern? Am I supposed to keep quiet because they are keeping quiet? If anything I think we should give a round of applause to feminism for taking us further than them in actualizing our own goals.

If you want to play the ostrich and act like you don't know there is prejudice against women in some spheres of our social life,well... lipsrsealed
Read more.

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by soonest(f): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Ok....... But the problem African men have is not these women that clamour for equality. My wife is not my slave, she is my body and deserves every respect. Our real problem is feminism. I know it may sound funny to hear that I'm in for equality but against feminism, I ll explain. The people that clamour for equality want the same opportunities as men. They want equal pay to men. They want to walk alone and feel safe, they want to have a say. These are the things they want and men are ok with them but feminism but feminism operates under the assumption that simply because women's roles were considered "submissive," that they alone should be freed from gender roles.
Feminists tend to want equality only when it benefits them.

When challenged feminists do say they believe in equal rights for men as well and then they continue to support a movement who's stated aim is the destruction of men and family. Many women do not know these, even some nigerian feminists on nairaland do not know it.

The people that started the movement in the late sixties were violent, bitter, emotionally damaged lesbians who hated men and that is why most them on nland hate men. Those who ask for equal rights do not hate men but feminists do.

These man hating lesbians have been telling lies about men and vilifying us for several years. They say 1 in 4 women will be raped in her lifetime and that is a lie. They used to say that women earned less than men for the same work, that was a lie. They say that men are more violent than women, that is a lie, they say that women are living in bondage, that is a lie, and some other crazy lies like that, the biggest lie feminists have always told is that they support equal rights for women and men. That is not true.

Feminism is so deceptive and I believe is from the pit of hell. God outlines the roles of women and men as different but equally as important. He created us different physically emotionally, etc and that is the way it shall always be.

UPDATE: all yo feminists on nland that have been given a lot of misinformation, for all yo angry people that are intoxicated with hatred, believing that maleness is synonymous with violence.

To all of yo who think you can teach men how to treat a lady when you yourselves do not know what being a lady is all about in the first place.

To all yo that would never consider doing some certain works/things because they are men's work but want EQUALITY

To all of yo who claim that women arrested for domestic violence must have acted in self-defense

You have this from me: I don't care for feminism and what it has become, every man on his own, but you need to know that the law of equality states that we are created equal grin so no more fringe benefits because you are a lady The law also states that we all should be treated as human beings and should be held equally accountable for our actions so playing victim cards won't help gringringringrin
So u are now an authority on FEMINISM and its this ur version that is the real feminism? Pls all those things u mentioned as lies are not lies,do a thorough research and u will find out they are not lies.
For the records,Feminists are not men haters neither do they want to be men,all they seek is something close to equality and a reduction in d double standard in our society. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by ireneidiva(f): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
TribalEAST: you want me to google for the lies you guys have filled the internet with, abi?
Mtchew. Another kid. Bye
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Tallesty1(m): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
soonest:
So u are now an authority on FEMINISM and its this ur version that is the real feminism? Pls all those things u mentioned as lies are not lies,do a thorough research and u will find out they are not lies.
For the records,Feminists are not men haters neither do they want to be men,all they seek is something close to equality and a reduction in d double standard in our society. Thank u
Can I ask you a question
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by soonest(f): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
crackhaus:
I edited my first post already...but here it is:

Let me add others:
What has sharing chores or cooking based on who first got home got to do with equality?

Why have African women converted the purpose of equality from being purely an economic and social movement which seeks equal opportunities and standing for both sexes into a fight for supremacy in the institution of marriage?

Was equality ever about marriage?

And if African women now want to make it about marriage, why are these women still collecting bride price on their heads for marriage, which essentially by all economic definitions is buying and selling (purchase)?
These women are paid for and want to come into the marriage with an air of wanting marital equality (which in essence is competitiveness) ....so what gives?
Who collects bride price? How much is this bride price sef that we will not hear word? Please if u buy her,provide all her needs and don't expect or put eye in her dime
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by soonest(f): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Can I ask you a question
Ask. If i know the answer I will give if I don't I will attempt anyways.
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Tallesty1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
soonest:
Ask. If i know the answer I will give if I don't I will attempt anyways.
Good, what do feminists want
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by crackhaus: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
cococandy:
I assume the answers to the questions i asked earlier was yes to all.

So now I ask, if that is the original purpose of equality cum feminism, why are feminists not satisfied?
Why are you now including these things that I will deal with below in the agenda of feminists?
Is this the Nigerian version of feminism?
Do feminists in Nigeria even have a society or movement, I mean a non-governmental organization recognized by law?

Why don't you people start rallies, hold seminars, organize peaceful protests and make the change you seek.
Let me deal with your list below;

Is not the same Nigeria that a girl can't inherit in her home compound?
Is this the equality you're fighting for?
Y'all are jokers, so this is what equality means to feminism?
And you still don't understand why I say that feminists just want to be competitive.

Are there not cultures in Nigeria where women inherit property? You're grasping at straws.
Besides, what does a married woman with a husband want with her father's property?

The same Nigeria that a man will wake up after 15 yrs of marriage and decide to take in another wife without considering how it make his wife feel and he is okayed. With no compensation to the distressed woman?
Not all men do this.
But I fail to see how this can be solved by equality...or maybe the woman should also wake up and take another husband huh? Oh wait, I just remembered, it was the man who married the woman and fulfilled the marriage rites and not the other way around.. go figure!

Same Nigeria where a molest victims is shamed and blamed for maybe having seduced her attacker by her dressing? Or at the very least is left with the stigma as if it's her fault.
Again you're grasping at straws.. There are civil groups all over Nigeria that deal with this already. No one openly says that a rape victim is to blame, even if they're thinking it.
We only get to read that on the internet anonymously and that's really where it stays. I doubt a father, mother, or brother will blame their daughter or sister if she gets raped.

Or the one where some companies don't employ women?
Name one company, the job description and requirements. undecided

Look around your society and stop acting like you don't live in it

Read more.

Seen.

Pickabeau1 is already on this.

And yea, it is getting tiresome.

3 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by crackhaus: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
soonest:
Who collects bride price? How much is this bride price sef that we will not hear word? Please if u buy her,provide all her needs and don't expect or put eye in her dime
Irrelevant.

The bride-price argument has been dealt with already, I'd rather not go over it again because it was only used as a point to disprove equality in the marriage institution.

1 Like

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by zeb04(f): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Smh at some post. What has being a modern wife got to do with bride price,paying bills and feminism. You mention something about women and everyone begins to scream feminism, call them lesbians and all sort of derogatory comments .The people you crucify the most,still the one's you can't live without.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
crackhaus:
Do women vote?

YES THEY DO....
Are women allowed to hold offices in government parastatals?
ABSOLUTELY, they are even given positions they havnt earned simply because they are women...
Do women become doctors?
YES, women are even admitted into medical school because we want female doctors, not because they have the best qualifications... If admissions were not skewed to accomodate a certain number of females irrespective of their qualifications, we would have less female docs.. IN Nigeria atleast...
Are women getting educated and earning degrees?
YES, they are earning degrees... The mode of entry is even adjusted to favour them.... Consequently, departments allow for certain number of females, atleast, and it doesn't matter if they have lower scores....
Are there female pastors and scholars?
YES again.... Women now perform miracles...
Do women walk the streets freely and drive cars?
YES, we even give them free pass in a queue/traffic jam because they women...
Are there women in virtually every corner heading organizations?
Yes, and most is just because they are women and not because they have earned it....
If your answer is Yes to all of those questions, I ask you then 'what exactly is the feminist agenda that is yet to be fulfilled?'
What exactly are feminists fighting for that hasn't already been taken care of?
In what other situation has equality not being achieved?

Why is it that women in the middle-east who are required to cover up head to toe inside the blazing heat don't talk about equality or feminism?
In some of these countries, women are not allowed to drive even, why are they not complaining?
So I ask again, what else is remaining as far as Africa is concerned that hasn't been dealt with regarding equality?

LIKE YOU, I am baffled as to what they are still fighting for....
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
soonest:

I agree... Dat also gives us the liberty to dispose of her as we please, same way we get rid of any belonging we no longer want....

Mind you, am only following ur reasoning...
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by cococandy(f): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
crackhaus:

So now I ask, if that is the original purpose of equality cum feminism, why are feminists not satisfied?
Why are you now including these things that I will deal with below in the agenda of feminists?
Do feminists in Nigeria even have a society or movement, I mean a non-governmental organization recognized by law?

Why don't you people start rallies, hold seminars, organize peaceful protests and make the change you seek.

And you still don't understand why I say that feminists just want to be competitive.

Are there not cultures in Nigeria where women inherit property? You're grasping at straws.
Besides, what does a married woman with a husband want with her father's property?

Not all men do this.
But I fail to see how this can be solved by equality...or maybe the woman should also wake up and take another husband huh? Oh wait, I just remembered, it was the man who married the woman and fulfilled the marriage rites and not the other way around.. go figure!

Again you're grasping at straws.. There are civil groups all over Nigeria that deal with this already. No one openly says that a rape victim is to blame, even if they're thinking it.
We only get to read that on the internet anonymously and that's really where it stays. I doubt a father, mother, or brother will blame their daughter or sister if she gets raped.

Seen.

What I gave you were just few examples.
So if the answers to your questions are yes that means inequality does not exist?
You're the joker here.

And yes I've been denied employment before because I'm a woman. Not gonna name company name.
Even if constitutionally women are catching up with men in many spheres of the society,can you in good conscience say that women are regarded as equal to men in Nigeria? Society wise?
I want you to answer that honestly.
Honestly and stop beating about the bush

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by cococandy(f): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
crackhaus:

Not all men do this.

Seen.

So if the answers to your questions are yes that means inequality does not exist?
You're the joker here.

And yes I've been denied employment before because I'm a woman. Not gonna name company name.
Even if constitutionally women are catching up with men in many spheres of the society,can you in good conscience say that women are regarded as equal to men in Nigeria? Society wise?
Honestly and stop beating about the bush.

Rallies are noisy and tend to attract the wrong crowd. So the ministries of women affairs and our female legislators are expected to help take the cause of women further.

Meanwhile I know you won't give me an honest answer about the way women are regarded here mostly as inferior to men.
But it's a bias I understand.

Adios

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by pickabeau1: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Let's name n shame these companies

Seriously...its wrong n illegal to discriminate on the basis of gender

Companies have been bankrupted for this 'simple' act.

cococandy:

You're the joker here.

Honestly and stop beating about the bush.

Rallies are noisy and tend to attract the wrong crowd. So the ministries of women affairs and our female legislators are expected to help take the cause of women further.

Meanwhile I know you won't give me an honest answer about the way women are regarded here mostly as inferior to men.
But it's a bias I understand.

Adios
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by ussy09(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
ireneidiva:
Do a research and get proper facts before you type. Who said the feminist movement was started by lesbians
. R u one? No offense pls just askin
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by soonest(f): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
cronsberg: Women: A demonic snake like creature that bleeds a whole week out of every month yet never dies
Jezz! Murder alert! If it were possible this guy will exterminate all women on earth! Do u really hate women this much? Please do me just one favour, don't marry a woman I beg u, her fate in ur hands gives me d shivers

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by soonest(f): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
njokusboy:

I agree... Dat also gives us the liberty to dispose of her as we please, same way we get rid of any belonging we no longer want....

Mind you, am only following ur reasoning...
Lol! Yes I agree! If(I'm married sha) I'm married to a man that paid millions as bride price(bought me) and isn't interested in my penny and provides my all my needs,then I have no choice than to do my chores deligently n strive to please him so that he doesn't throw me out but if he paid 15naira/ nothing as bride price and I have to partner wit him in finance then he has to partner wit me in my traditional roles. It's give and take. Lol

1 Like

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by soonest(f): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Good, what do feminists want
The last paragraph where I first quoted u
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
cococandy:

Yet, you're on a campaign for equality?! You're complicit in the discrimination meted out to you, assuming it were true, of course. So, your idea of championing a cause is speak for it on the one hand and then tacitly encourage it? Hmm, we indeed learn everyday. But then again...it's you na.

2 Likes

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by seguntijan(m): 12:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Yeah,female should have eqaul right with men I.e right to live,vote,talk and law. But our roles are different because we are created differently, naturally we men were created from dust which makes us strong, bold and do some work, while women were created from our ribs(living things) which make them soft, this makes our role to be different. The chaos we have all over is that our roles has been interchange.
Check those terrorist guys, is either they had no mother care or where brought up by men, if mother role had been in their life, am pretty sure the society will be @ rest. Personally I think the women folks role is like the moon:- very cool, stars come out, children feel confident and comes out to play, while the men role shld b like the sun that provide food and give confidence to everybody and also provides light for the moon so as to play its role @ nyt.
When the sun and the moon try to change their role they will be ECCLIPSE which is what we are having now, unrest everywhere,419,YY etc. Let our mother play their homely role and c wht we will get in d society in the future
Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by red101(f): 1:54am On Jul 19, 2014
there are many different kinds of women out there. I say marry the one that suits you. if it is a village woman that attracts you, marry a village woman. If you prefer a city or modern woman, marry a modern woman. if you want an illiterate, marry one. if you want an educated wife, they are also available. what's so complicated about this?

1 Like

Re: Theory Of The Modern Wife by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Jamean: Like seriously I don't know where the 'Feminism of FemiKuti' tag came from, even the equality movement. I'm just a lady that wants to be loved and cherished by her man just as Christ loved the church and instructed a man to love his wife.

I'm naturally happy and want to be this way forever, I want to build a home, pursue a career and conquer the world (excuse my exaggeration, you know what I really mean) yet with a man I adore, look up to and not compete with by my side. Who does what in the home front or where ever will not have to cause a CONFAB because we'll dwell in love and understanding.

I've had my fair share of certain relationship matters with the typical African man, but it can never change my opinion about the fact that their wonderful men out there and I'll surely end up with one.

For God's sake, just be yourself(man or woman). Relax and enjoy this short life.
thnx 4 dt,i really knw that they re women of virtue out there,by God's grace i will spend the rest of my life with one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo) / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.