Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather (1024 Views)

How To Cope In This Hot Weather! / The Weather Is Very Hot During The Day And Very Cold Midnight Hour / Prostitution: Spanish Police Dismantle Nigerian Voodoo-linked Sex Trafficking Ri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by spawnx: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
SE E RI OJO.
I have often wondered why this statement is made when obviously, it just stopped raining hyena and cheetah. Also what will be the right response to this? I am from the south west but my sojourning around the country has got me missing out on some greetings.
I'd appreciate enlightening response. Thanks
Re: Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by Onlinebizexpert(m): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
angry sad shocked cool smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue
Re: Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Culturally , I think the earliest Southwestern Offended Greeting and they are still paying for it till future !!

S'e ri ojo

You know, The period of rain (Orinrin or Otutu) usually bring about challenges like people falling sick,loss of property, Destructions and catastrophe like erosion problems , flood, slow activeness, coldness etc !

S'e ri ojo is a diplomatic way by which Yoruba people ask you :

''hope the challenges of the rain never get to you''

If you suffer no consequence : you will reply adupe and hail the gods that brought the rain !

If the rain brought consequences :
then , you will narrate your ordeal to the person extending the greetings whom shall sympathize with you for whatever issue the rain has made you suffered !!

Op, S'e ri ojo oo ? cheesy
Re: Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 18, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: angry sad shocked cool smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue
Smh4U !! E be like say Rain don wire you 4 head wellwell !!
Re: Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by spawnx: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2014
donroxy:

Op, S'e ri ojo oo ? cheesy

Adupe fun Gbani Gbani, Aledumare...

S' e ri Ojo oo?
Re: Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
spawnx:

S' e ri Ojo oo?
Oluwa n da abo re bo wa oooo !! cheesy
Re: Se E Ri Ojo (how Is The Weather by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
spawnx:

S' e ri Ojo oo?

Nibo ni ile igbonse wa? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Divorcee(why Did You Divorce) / Enduring Marriage Vs Divorce / Why Can't A Lady Make Marriage Proposal??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.