Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience (10158 Views)

Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit / French Student Visa Applicant....share Your Experience Here / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 6:29am On Jul 18, 2014
Hi All.

Recently, I read through some threads relating to the experience of some Nigerians at the French Embassy trying to secure a visa. They mostly had one complain or the other with the overall sentiment being a negative one.

Well, having had a smooth experience with the same french embassy, I would love to set the records straight.

Here is my case:

I successfully secured admission into the Erasmus Mundus Masters program and being an exchange program, I'll be travelling to 4 countries during the Masters, starting with France.

Having got my admission letter, insurance and accommodation certificate, I appeared for a Preliminary Interview at Alliance Francais on Thursday July 3rd and submitted my application at the Consulate on Monday, July 7th.

True to their word, I was called to pick up my Visa on Wednesday, July 16th, exactly 2 weeks after my first contact with the Allaince Francais.

In hindsight, what I can say is that as long as you have something real to do in France and you have sufficient backing, your student visa application should be a breeze.

If you are applying for french student visa and you need information or dont even know where to start, feel free to drop me an email at
madekola [at] live dot com

Cheers.
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by codedbadboi(m): 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
Must someone b a student b4 u can b granted a student visa? And wat if its not student visa wouldn't dey grant it?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2014
For you to apply for a french Visa, you must already have admission to a french Higher institution.

Without admission to a french institution, you have no evidence to prove you are going to france to study

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2014
@ amdekola, why did they treated your application so fast even when I applied b4 u. I went for the priliminary interview whereby I meet rafiu omoleye and I was issued an attestation written in french and I went to submit my document @ the french consulate july 3 up till now my application is still under verification as I ave not gotten a call from the french embassy but I'm rest assure as I used a french pay slip, tax clearance and french nationality identity card and even lagalise it with a letter from the french prefecture in lille that belong to my uncle as he promised to sponsor to make it light he paid for the reservation of my accommodation in france. So I'm rest assure that I will get my french student visa if I'm not curse in jesus name. Will come back for the out come

2 Likes

Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2014
amdekola: Hi All.

Recently, I read through some threads relating to the experience of some Nigerians at the French Embassy trying to secure a visa. They mostly had one complain or the other with the overall sentiment being a negative one.

Well, having had a smooth experience with the same french embassy, I would love to set the records straight.

Here is my case:

I successfully secured admission into the Erasmus Mundus Masters program and being an exchange program, I'll be travelling to 4 countries during the Masters, starting with France.

Having got my admission letter, insurance and accommodation certificate, I appeared for a Preliminary Interview at Alliance Francais on Thursday July 3rd and submitted my application at the Consulate on Monday, July 7th.

True to their word, I was called to pick up my Visa on Wednesday, July 16th, exactly 2 weeks after my first contact with the Allaince Francais.

In hindsight, what I can say is that as long as you have something real to do in France and you have sufficient backing, your student visa application should be a breeze.

If you are applying for french student visa and you need information or dont even know where to start, feel free to drop me an email at
madekola [at] live dot com

Cheers.
one of my brother want to apply for undergraduate, is he cool to go ahead? And how much you must have in your bank statement? What's their tuition fee range?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
mukapaul022: @ amdekola, why did they treated your application so fast even when I applied b4 u. I went for the priliminary interview whereby I meet rafiu omoleye and I was issued an attestation written in french and I went to submit my document @ the french consulate july 3 up till now my application is still under verification as I ave not gotten a call from the french embassy but I'm rest assure as I used a french pay slip, tax clearance and french nationality identity card and even lagalise it with a letter from the french prefecture in lille that belong to my uncle as he promised to sponsor to make it light he paid for the reservation of my accommodation in france. So I'm rest assure that I will get my french student visa if I'm not curse in jesus name. Will come back for the out come

I am equally positive about your case. To quote the lady that attended to me, she said the visa will be ready as sson as the consulate gets a response from the University you were admitted to. So you may want to inform the admissions office at your university in France that they should be on the lookout for communication from the consulate.

Cheers
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
moneybag100: one of my brother want to apply for undergraduate, is he cool to go ahead? And how much you must have in your bank statement? What's their tuition fee range?

Of course, your brother can go ahead to apply for undergraduate studies. He has two options. He could opt to study in French or in English language. Studying in French is cheaper, about 500 Euros per year tuition, while studies in English language can range between 3,00 euros to 35,000 euros. You can check this website for information about Courses and Schools in France.

At the point of applying for visa, you should have sufficient money in your account to cater for your living expenses for the period you will be in France (about 700 euros per month)
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
amdekola:

Of course, your brother can go ahead to apply for undergraduate studies. He has two options. He could opt to study in French or in English language. Studying in French is cheaper, about 500 Euros per year tuition, while studies in English language can range between 3,00 euros to 35,000 euros. You can check this website for information about Courses and Schools in France.

At the point of applying for visa, you should have sufficient money in your account to cater for your living expenses for the period you will be in France (about 700 euros per month)
How much did you have in Naira in your statement when you applied? Did you do authentication of document at ministry?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
moneybag100:
How much did you have in Naira in your statement when you applied? Did you do authentication of document at ministry?

Thiing is, I did not need to have money in my account or submit an account statement because I am studying on a Full scholarship
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 11:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
amdekola:

Thiing is, I did not need to have money in my account or submit an account statement because I am studying on a Full scholarship
Wao!!!! That's nice to hear....scholarship from the school or an organization?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
moneybag100:
Wao!!!! That's nice to hear....scholarship from the school or an organization?

grin grin grin From the European Union - Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
amdekola:

grin grin grin From the European Union - Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship
Were you studying in other EU university before? You applied from EU country? or Nigeria? Is Erasmus mundus available for people studying outside EU?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
moneybag100:
Were you studying in other EU university before? You applied from EU country? or Nigeria? Is Erasmus mundus available for people studying outside EU?

Nope, I was not studying in the EU before... and I applied last year from Nigeria.
Erasmus Mundus is available ot students studying outside of the EU.
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
amdekola:
Nope, I was not studying in the EU before... and I applied last year from Nigeria.
Erasmus Mundus is available ot students studying outside of the EU.

Oh please what school did you applied to and its for only masters right?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 12:10am On Jul 26, 2014
moneybag100:

Oh please what school did you applied to and its for only masters right?

I applied to the masters program of my choice under the Erasmus Mundus program.

You don't apply to a single school because its a cooperation between several schools. You can find out more here...
http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/

and its not only for Masters..PhD candidate can apply for PhD programmes as well
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 12:18am On Jul 26, 2014
amdekola:

I applied to the masters program of my choice under the Erasmus Mundus program.

You don't apply to a single school because its a cooperation between several schools. You can find out more here...
http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/
Thank you so much....you have been very much helpful....my last question...if you studying in france and wish to work in Germany as example during holiday you can do that legally with french Resident permit right?

1 Like

Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 12:31am On Jul 26, 2014
moneybag100:
Thank you so much....you have been very much helpful....my last question...if you studying in france and wish to work in Germany as example during holiday you can do that legally with french Resident permit right?

I'm glad to have helped.

Well, about that..i will like to think its possible given the schengen visa policy. But i'm not absolutely certain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 12:34am On Jul 26, 2014
I applied for the Erasmus mundus master last year AMASE to be precise I chose france, sweden, germany I think back to france will be the last lap of the exchange unfortunately I was not admitted....the embassy called me yesterday that my passport is ready for collection that I should report to the embassy on next week wednesday...I hope all goes well...
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 12:43am On Jul 26, 2014
mukapaul022: I applied for the Erasmus mundus master last year AMASE to be precise I chose france, sweden, germany I think back to france will be the last lap of the exchange unfortunately I was not admitted....the embassy called me yesterday that my passport is ready for collection that I should report to the embassy on next week wednesday...I hope all goes well...

Hi bro.

As you said you were not admitted, which country did you apply to for visa and for what purpose?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 1:24am On Jul 26, 2014
I applied for french student visa here in Nigeria cos I got admission to some universities in france
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 1:29am On Jul 26, 2014
@moneybag100...if you studying in france, its not possible to work in germany cos if france you re only permitted to work 946-hour/ year depend on if your course work permit you but you can only travel with your residence permit to any schegen region just like germany you made mention...Gbam

1 Like

Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 1:53am On Jul 26, 2014
mukapaul022: I applied for french student visa here in Nigeria cos I got admission to some universities in france

We could run into each other in France then... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 6:42am On Jul 26, 2014
I will be very glad if we can catch up in france but my region is paris ile-de-paris...
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2014
mukapaul022: @moneybag100...if you studying in france, its not possible to work in germany cos if france you re only permitted to work 946-hour/ year depend on if your course work permit you but you can only travel with your residence permit to any schegen region just like germany you made mention...Gbam
People studying in other schengen sates like eastern Europe goes to work in the western Europe during the long break. Legally...I have couples of them....remember you have never been there.
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
@moneybag100...where ave u been to in europe?
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
mukapaul022: @moneybag100...where ave u been to in europe?
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
mukapaul022: @moneybag100...where ave u been to in europe?
You better pray your visa got approved.
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
@moneybag100 the horse is prepare 4d battle but victory is from God . In as much I didn't use any bogus document I need not to be scared...Remember, no one is too good or too bad to qualify for his grace.... keep you fingers crossed I will come with the outcome.....what will be will be....lolllllll
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by moneybag100: 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
mukapaul022: @moneybag100 the horse is prepare 4d battle but victory is from God . In as much I didn't use any bogus document I need not to be scared...Remember, no one is too good or too bad to qualify for his grace.... keep you fingers crossed I will come with the outcome.....what will be will be....lolllllll
I pray for that too.
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by mukapaul022: 12:56am On Jul 28, 2014
@moneybag100 believe someone is working out the answer...I'm very optimisitc
Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
moneybag100:
People studying in other schengen sates like eastern Europe goes to work in the western Europe during the long break. Legally...I have couples of them....remember you have never been there.
And who told you that ugly lies? I did my masters in Europe and am still living here,u can only travel to a schegen country with your residence permit but u can't wrk there.

2 Likes

Re: Applying For And Securing French Student VISA - My Experience by amdekola: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Uhmm, guys and ladies. I have left for my studies and am settling in fine. If you need info about Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (which I am a beneficiary of), do not hesitate to drop me a line at madekola@live.com

Best wishes for your endeavors.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visa Application Centres In Abuja, Lagos Remain Open – Canadian High Commission / Hotels Close To Walter Carrington / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.