Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Your Exit Will Haunt You, Oyo APC Tells Lanlehin •oyo Senator Leaves APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Exit Will Haunt You, Oyo APC Tells Lanlehin •oyo Senator Leaves APC (1173 Views)

Felicia Oke Is Dead (Oyo APC Chairman's Wife) / This Photo Will Haunt Obama / Presidential Result In Oyo: APC Wins In 19 LGs - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Exit Will Haunt You, Oyo APC Tells Lanlehin •oyo Senator Leaves APC by ola6: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2014
THE All Progressives Congress (APC) in Oyo State has described the comments credited to the senator representing Oyo South senatorial district, Senator Olufemi Lanlehin, against the party-led government as a failed attempt to justify what it called his “less than noble” action of defecting from the party.

The party, in a statement issued in Ibadan, on Thursday, by its state chairman, Chief Akin Oke, said Lanlehin was behaving true to type by his recent action of dumping the APC for Accord Party, a move, it said, would continue to haunt him for as long as he remained in politics.

APC’s statement was a reaction to a media report quoting Lanlehin to have said that the party lacked ideology.

“Senator Lanlehin has again exhibited his penchant for speaking with both sides of his mouth. At what point did he discover the APC as lacking in ideology when he had claimed he was never a member of the party in the first instance?

“If the senator, who has never spent a single term with any political party since he started his political career, now thinks he can worm himself into the people’s heart and gain political recognition by attacking the APC and Governor Abiola Ajimobi in the media after committing the political suicide of leaving the APC, then he should be told in plain language that he is merely deceiving himself.

Meanwhile, the vice chairman, Senate Committee on National Planning, Economic Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Senator Olufemi Lanlehin, has disowned the caption and part of a statement credited to him in a story published by a national daily on Thursday.

He was quoted as describing the APC as a party lacking in ideology.

Lanlehin, in a statement he personally issued and made available to journalists on Thursday, said he was embarrassed by the story, which he described as merely sensational.

“Therefore, I wish to state categorically that I granted The Punch correspondent a brief interview at Senator Rashidi Ladoja’s Ibadan home last Sunday where he came to cover the presentation of two new buses I made to the party - Accord. But in the course of the said interview, I never spoke against the APC as a party, let alone describing it as lacking in ideology.

“To set the record straight, I still have quite a large number of friends in the APC till today despite the fact that I declined to be part of it as expected of every member of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and we remain good friends till tomorrow. More so, I am an individual who does not fan ember of enmity as I believe in playing politics with decency and decorum.

“In view of this, I would like to admonish media players to always be professional enough in their practice and uphold the ethics of news reporting by doing away with sensationalism in the course of churning out news,” Lanlehin http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/10936-your-exit-will-haunt-you-oyo-apc-tells-lanlehin-i-never-described-apc-as-lacking-in-ideology-lanlehin
Re: Your Exit Will Haunt You, Oyo APC Tells Lanlehin •oyo Senator Leaves APC by Mogidi: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2014
“less than noble” action of defecting from the party

But the actions of the governors that defected were noble?

The way APC tries to edit the truth to something completely opposite never cease to surprise me.

P:S
Apart from Senator Lanlehin, Senator Ayo Adeseun also left APC to join the PDP.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/apc-senator-defects-pdp-oyo/#sthash.RHDPdDI1.dpuf

5 Likes

Re: Your Exit Will Haunt You, Oyo APC Tells Lanlehin •oyo Senator Leaves APC by Decibel: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2014
Mogidi:

But the actions of the governors that defected were noble?

The way APC tries to edit the truth to something completely opposite never cease to surprise me.

P:S
Apart from Senator Lanlehin, Senator Ayo Adeseun also left APC to join the PDP.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/apc-senator-defects-pdp-oyo/#sthash.RHDPdDI1.dpuf
Hypocrisy is synonymous to APC and their penchance for lies.Tufiakwa !

5 Likes

Re: Your Exit Will Haunt You, Oyo APC Tells Lanlehin •oyo Senator Leaves APC by Mogidi: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Decibel: Hypocrisy is synonymous with APC and their penchance for lies.Tufiakwa !

No mind Jweeds ja re.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ohaneze Youths Give Northern Govs 21-day Ultimatum / This Boy Is A Governor In Nigeria / Ebola: Patience Jonathan Joins New Vogue Of Ebola Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.