Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? (2205 Views)

See How Much You Can Get Ewedu Broom On Jumia / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2014
I now opened stores on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, but all these sophisticated online markets are full of competition, so i am very interested with jumia and konga, I want to open stores on both of the platforms. But I don't know as I am a Chinese lives in china, can I do that?

And as Nigerian, do you like to buy things on the two online markets? Which one you think is better? By swiping bank card or pay after delivered to door?

If my products is both good on price and quality, would you prefer to wait for the international package?

How do I avoid of online fraud...

Appreciate for your kind heart replies...
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by sseunth(m): 7:51am On Jul 18, 2014
u cant sell on jumia and konga. there are stores on their own.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2014
sseunth: u cant sell on jumia and konga. there are stores on their own.
oh...that is unfortunate, hope they can be like either Amazon (Amazon owned stores and third part store) or ebay (absolute individual stores), this is the trend....
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2014
I think konga and jumia requires that you bring your products to their physical store.

Why not build your own online store that focuses on Nigerian customers, working on an aggressive search engine optimisation, SEO, that channels Nigerian traffic to your store.

If you can't do the above, you can use facebook's store (www.shopify.com). It cost $9 per month. Benefit of this is that facebook will advertise and drive much traffic to your store.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by sseunth(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2014
agonbello: I think konga and jumia requires that you bring your products to their physical store.

Why not build your own online store that focuses on Nigerian customers, working on an aggressive search engine optimisation, SEO, that channels Nigerian traffic to your store.

If you can't do the above, you can use facebook's store (www.shopify.com). It cost $9 per month. Benefit of this is that facebook will advertise and drive much traffic to your store.
do you know how to use that shopify.com
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2014
sseunth: do you know how to use that shopify.com
the problem is: is shopify.com a popular enough website? you know, brother, even jumia and konga are doubting by ppls, how shopify will be?
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2014
sseunth: do you know how to use that shopify.com
Never used it. Works like amazon. Visit www.shopify.com its simple and self explanatory
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2014
agonbello: Never used it. Works like amazon. Visit www.shopify.com its simple and self explanatory
but it looks too much simple than Amazon, (I am a pro seller in Amazon.com)
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2014
JeffGuo: but it looks too much simple than Amazon, (I am a pro seller in Amazon.com)

I will advice you build your own brand, your own online store, market it well and maintain a good reputation.

At first people did not trust konga.com and jumia.com, but now many people do.

Even alibaba.com and aliexpress.com was never trusted initially, but we now have many people patronising the sites.

Something like www.guo.ng will be a great idea.

It will cost you money to start-up, but the benefits will come in thousand folds later.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2014
Paypal is in Nigeria now, and people can pay for products using paypal. So your payment system should be paypal. With that people will be more comfortable buying your products because they are sure that if you should cheat on them, they can get their money back.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2014
agonbello: .

I will advice you build your own brand, your own online store, market it well and maintain a good reputation.

At first people did not trust konga.com and jumia.com, but now many people do.

Even alibaba.com and aliexpress.com was never trusted initially, but we now have many people patronising the sites.

Something like www.guo.ng will be a great idea.

It will cost you money to start-up, but the benefits will come in thousand folds later.

Thank you for your advice, Agonbello, my excuse is setting brand is a long way to go, I even had researched wordpress, zencart etc website builder tools and brand registration, but my plan is firstly make my b2c sites have a good sales and accumulate enough private credits and reputations, then lead my customers to my owned sites, you know, the commission on Amazon and Ebay is not a small percentage. For business in nigeria the same thing, I want to firstly use Jumia and Konga and then.....
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2014
JeffGuo:

Thank you for your advice, Agonbello, my excuse is setting brand is a long way to go, I even had researched wordpress, zencart etc website builder tools and brand registration, but my plan is firstly make my b2c sites have a good sales and accumulate enough private credits and reputations, then lead my customers to my owned sites, you know, the commission on Amazon and Ebay is not a small percentage. For business in nigeria the same thing, I want to firstly use Jumia and Konga and then.....
Ok then. Give them a try.

What products do you offer.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2014
smiley
agonbello: Ok then. Give them a try.

What products do you offer.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 18, 2014
JeffGuo: smiley
What products do you offer Nigerians?
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
JeffGuo: smiley
jewelry,
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2014
JeffGuo: jewelry,
sounds good. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by JeffGuo(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2014
agonbello: sounds good. Wishing you all the best.
thank you very much, madam smiley
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by meemeee: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yes you can sell on Konga. find out how on their site.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by bakingsoda: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
you could sell on the sites maybe through drop shipping. i would advice you contact the two stores with your exact questions above. you would also need to have a very fast courier service in place to enable you meet order deadlines in case you are able to sell on either or both stores.
Re: Can I Open Stores On Jumia Or Konga As A Foreigner? by franzis(m): 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
sseunth: u cant sell on jumia and konga. there are stores on their own.
yes you can sell on konga,because I currently do @ /bestprice ...and also for jumia but I just applied there and I haven't gotten a reply from them

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Recharge Pin Extractors Here (MTN, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat) / I Punt As A Hobby And I Make Money(free Tips) / Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.