Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p (1264 Views)

Check The Meaning Of mouth action But Don't Vomit / The Real &correct History Of April Fool / Meaning Of RSVP On Invitations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by oluwadanie1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Goodday nlders, pls most of us have always known the abbreviation R.S.V.P to mean Rice Stew Very Plenty and we also think it might be very wrong so please if that's not the meaning what's the real meaning??

Thanks in advance
Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Abbott(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
oluwadanie1: Goodday nlders, pls most of us have always known the abbreviation R.S.V.P to mean Rice Stew Very Plenty and we also think it might be very wrong so please if that's not the meaning what's the real meaning??

Thanks in advance

Can you not just google it? It is much easier.
Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by temhab(f): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
tongue Google is your friend

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
temhab: tongue Google is your friend
you can be his friend tooo...smile...
Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
temhab: tongue Google is your friend
"Google's your friend" seems to be the new trend on Nairaland. The same amount of time you guys use to proclaim that could easily have been used to tell the OP what he wants to know i. e if you knew it yourself.
@OP: i think it means RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAIT, which is French for "Please Reply".
Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by oluwadanie1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
Justosaus:
"Google's your friend" seems to be the new trend on Nairaland. The same amount of time you guys use to proclaim that could easily have been used to tell the OP what he wants to know i. e if you knew it yourself.
@OP: i think it means RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAIT, which is French for "Please Reply".

Thanks bro
Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
It means Rice and Stew Very Plenty (RSVP)

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Real Meaning Of R.s.v.p by nobilis: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
outside these shores, when you receive an invitation to an event, you're supposed to call the host of the event to tell him/her whether or not you will make it to the event. This will help him/her to tailor down the expenses to cover only the number of people who indicated interest. That's why you have those numbers under the RSVP tab in invitation cards.

But in Nigeria people ignore such etiquette. And even the host doesn't expect the calls. And the invitees don't bother to call.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Its My Birthday / The Task Of Getting A Competent DJ For Events In Nigeria At An Affordable Price / How birthday party looks like in the 80's..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.