Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death (2096 Views)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Asari Dokubo Told To Leave Ndigbo Alone In His Propaganda / Chad President Tells Boko Haram Leader To Surrender Or Face Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by EMMASON125: 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Islamic State group tells Christian community in Mosul they face death if they do not embrace Islam or pay tax.

The Islamic State group has threatened Christians in the Iraqi city of Mosul with death if they do not to convert to Islam or pay a tax, Al Jazeera has learned.

The Sunni rebel group issued the orders in a letter after Friday prayers. The document, obtained by Al Jazeera, states that the order was issued after Christian leaders failed to attend a meeting called by the group.

In response, the group says in the letter that Christians must either convert to Islam, pay a special tax on non-Muslims known as jiziya, or face death "as a last resort".

Mosul, Iraq's second largest city, was overrun by the Islamic State group and allied rebel groups last month.

The Iraqi army units stationed in the city, most of whom were Shia, fled after the group crossed from Syria and attacked the north of Iraq.

Before the attack, Mosul's Christian community was estimated at 3,000. Many are believed to have already fled the city as part of an exodus of up to one-third of the population. Churches and Christian-owned shops in the city were reported smashed by those who fled.

The Islamic State's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, held a sermon in Mosul's grand mosque two weeks ago, calling on all Muslims to unite behind his group.

The Islamic State, formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, has issued similar demands in areas in control in Syria, and has posted pictures of Christians being crucified for disobeying orders in Raqqa.

Church leader‎s in Iraq have not responded to the threats officially.

Nickolay Mladenov, the head of the UN assistance mission In Iraq, condemned the order. 

"Any persecution of minorities constitutes a crime against humanity and we urge all sides to protect civilians. We have produced a report listing attacks on civilians ‎and have brought this up at the highest levels of the Iraqi government."
http://m.aljazeera.com/se/2014718111040982432
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by EMMASON125: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank God I'm not a Muslim

15 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by technophile(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
I'm beginning to sense that this is the religion that is going to cause the long predicted third world war cos over 80% of the countries on Planet Earth are currently facing this cancerous Islamic Terrorists.

7 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Chynx(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
technophile: [b]I'm beginning to sense that this is the religion that is going to cause the third world war [/b]cos over 80% of the countries on Planet Earth are currently facing this cancerous Islamic Terrorists.

And that will be the beginning of the end for them! They only know how to start but not finish.

Complete annihilation awaits them if they continue this babaric manner of religious practice. The world can only be pushed thus far...

4 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
An adage says if the drum starts to sound abnormally it is about to tear and become useless. pls is it Islamic religion or Arab religion that is violent and deadly? I can learn some people have started to say “boko haram religion and ideology“, they have been making an effort to separate boko haram from Islam. But if Islam and terrorism are inseparable I wonder what the faithful believe and to which supreme being they are spiritual.

is their spiritual exercise really for God?

1 Like

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
EMMASON125: Islamic State group tells Christian community in Mosul they face death if they do not embrace Islam or pay tax.

The Islamic State group has threatened Christians in the Iraqi city of Mosul with death if they do not to convert to Islam or pay a tax, Al Jazeera has learned.

The Sunni rebel group issued the orders in a letter after Friday prayers. The document, obtained by Al Jazeera, states that the order was issued after Christian leaders failed to attend a meeting called by the group.

In response, the group says in the letter that Christians must either convert to Islam, pay a special tax on non-Muslims known as jiziya, or face death "as a last resort".

Mosul, Iraq's second largest city, was overrun by the Islamic State group and allied rebel groups last month.

The Iraqi army units stationed in the city, most of whom were Shia, fled after the group crossed from Syria and attacked the north of Iraq.

Before the attack, Mosul's Christian community was estimated at 3,000. Many are believed to have already fled the city as part of an exodus of up to one-third of the population. Churches and Christian-owned shops in the city were reported smashed by those who fled.

The Islamic State's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, held a sermon in Mosul's grand mosque two weeks ago, calling on all Muslims to unite behind his group.

The Islamic State, formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, has issued similar demands in areas in control in Syria, and has posted pictures of Christians being crucified for disobeying orders in Raqqa.

Church leader‎s in Iraq have not responded to the threats officially.

Nickolay Mladenov, the head of the UN assistance mission In Iraq, condemned the order. 

"Any persecution of minorities constitutes a crime against humanity and we urge all sides to protect civilians. We have produced a report listing attacks on civilians ‎and have brought this up at the highest levels of the Iraqi government."
http://m.aljazeera.com/se/2014718111040982432

Habah. What a dangerous move that portray hopelessness! May God save the world from barbaric behaviours in this era of civilisation.
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by collele(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
Namfav my friend (Even though ur bigotry is second to none) what do u have to say about this?
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by EMMASON125: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Mod pls move this thread to the appropriate section, you can also do justice by moving it to the front page

1 Like

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by rozayx5(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
EMMASON125: Mod pls move this thread to the appropriate section, you can also do just by moving it to the front page
Word
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by saintneo(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
technophile: I'm beginning to sense that this is the religion that is going to cause the third world war cos over 80% of the countries on Planet Earth are currently facing this cancerous Islamic Terrorists.

I once read a book on gods and their worshipers. In the book, the gods with less and less worshipers disappeared into oblivion while the ones that had more and more worshipers increased in greatness. Also, it was predicted that the god of the violent grew stronger at every moment in time while other gods diminished and disappeared; nevertheless, I didn't finish the book because it sounded very corrupt to the Christian mind.

My deductions here; the violent will grow stronger, the peaceful will grow weaker. However, darkness and light cannot be separated; when one grows to it strongest point, the other dies and regenerates......just like day and night, ying & yang.

We might rally round and form a united force against these dark forces now then conquer them OR we can accept that we are conquered people and hope that after they have conquered everyone with no one left to fight, they will ask themselves the pertinent questions:

WHY IN THE HELL DID WE KILL THESE PEOPLE?
WHO ARE WE GOING TO KILL NOW?
DO WE KILL OURSELVES SINCE KILLING IS OUR HOBBY/JOB?
HOW DO WE COPE WITHOUT KILLING?
WHEN IS OUR NEXT KILLING SPREE?

Just some thoughts.......
[img]http://thestewscope.files./2009/07/thinker.jpg?w=584[/img]

9 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ saintneo. That illustration shows that the world has two options: The light and The darkness. while the light induces some prospects, darkness forces people to a state of inability or prompt them to do some wicked things. From the Christian view point, darkness can never overcome light, though it might struggle to do so. For as long as “the Church“ is on the earth darkness can not prevail.

4 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Chanchit: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
The third world war would definately be religious war cos this people will push the world Christians to turn against them if they carry out this threat.

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by saintneo(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Rexyl: @ saintneo. That illustration shows that the world has two options: The light and The darkness. while the light induces some prospects, darkness forces people to a state of inability or prompt them to do some wicked things. From the Christian view point, darkness can never overcome light, though it might struggle to do so. For as long as “the Church“ is on the earth darkness can not prevail.

Amen
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Wah-Allah, MuhamMAD, and the religion of piss.
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by EMMASON125: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
Rexyl: @ saintneo. That illustration shows that the world has two options: The light and The darkness. while the light induces some prospects, darkness forces people to a state of inability or prompt them to do some wicked things. From the Christian view point, darkness can never overcome light, though it might struggle to do so. For as long as “the Church“ is on the earth darkness can not prevail.

Word
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by gerald09(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
ORGANISED RELIGION worst thing to happen to earth.

1 Like

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ishmael was the worst mistake of Abraham.

1 Like

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Omexonomy: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
Islamic ideology is a very dangerous one all they know how to do is to cause confusion and fustration among themselves.
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Ayomax(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
I'm angry right now, shey na only Muslim dey this world?
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2014

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Forzap: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jaga jaga religion grin grin
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by SporaD8: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
As usually my friends will reply, "its a propaganda!", "Those guys aren't Muslims!", "That's not what our prophet taught!", "Its US/Israel's fault!", "Islam, the fastest growing religion in the world!"(of course someone already lost out in heaven so have to secure a grip on earth!), "No compulsion in Islam!", "Islam is the religion of peace!"(have checkup that word "peace" and realise all dictionary's translations have been tampered with just like they claim of the Bible is!)
Am sure we've not heard it all. let's yet listen to what the Mohammedans have to say on this development.

3 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by drumstick: 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Good Job ISIS. All the damned christian souls in the caliphate land have three options 1. Embrace Islam 2. Keep their religion but pay Jizya 3. Face the sword(War) . I will implore ISIS not to overstep the boundries set up by Allah. Also increase da'awa to the infidels maybe they might see the truth of the message of islam. Go on and continue to revive the glorious islamic caliphate that fed the whole world with knowledge, Sunnah, Order and Justice. The unbelievers hate it, they despise it, they are full of venom seeing an islamic caliphate coming into existence again, However there is nothing they can do about it. Let us hold firmly to the Quran and sunnah.
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Ayomax(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
drumstick: Good Job ISIS. All the damned christian souls in the caliphate land have three options 1. Embrace Islam 2. Keep their religion but pay Jizya 3. Face the sword(War) . I will implore ISIS not to overstep the boundries set up by Allah. Also increase da'awa to the infidels maybe they might see the truth of the message of islam. Go on and continue to revive the glorious islamic caliphate that fed the whole world with knowledge, Sunnah, Order and Justice. The unbelievers hate it, they despise it, they are full of venom seeing an islamic caliphate coming into existence again, However there is nothing they can do about it. Let us hold firmly to the Quran and sunnah.
who let the dog out?

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by K0B0K069: 11:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
drumstick: Good Job ISIS. All the damned christian souls in the caliphate land have three options 1. Embrace Islam 2. Keep their religion but pay Jizya 3. Face the sword(War) . I will implore ISIS not to overstep the boundries set up by Allah. Also increase da'awa to the infidels maybe they might see the truth of the message of islam. Go on and continue to revive the glorious islamic caliphate that fed the whole world with knowledge, Sunnah, Order and Justice. The unbelievers hate it, they despise it, they are full of venom seeing an islamic caliphate coming into existence again, However there is nothing they can do about it. Let us hold firmly to the Quran and sunnah.

May you die like a rat there your family will be killed by a bomb your lineage will be like sodom anf your village like Gomorrah.

Watch out sooon you're dead nigga already

4 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by drumstick: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
K0B0K069:

May you die like a rat there your family will be killed by a bomb your lineage will be like sodom anf your village like Gomorrah.

Watch out sooon you're dead nigga already
I don't fear death bro unlike you. I believe in one true creator(Allah), I believe in all the prophets, I believe in heaven and hell fire. But you believe in three gods, you worship idols, you are dirty and filthy, uptil this day you dont even know how to clean your selfs. You pee without washing, you poo without washing, you never perform ablution, absolutely impure people. It is you and your family that will be like sodom and gomorrah because incest is in your bible, your pastors commit soddomyi , and it is you that is most likely going to die in a bomb blask when the Jihad comes to visit you
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 5:41am On Jul 19, 2014

By their fruits you shall know them.

They are coming up!

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Controversy: 5:54am On Jul 19, 2014
A Muslim woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: “That’s the ugliest baby that I’ve ever seen. Ugh!”

The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: “The driver just insulted me!”

The man says: “You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I’ll hold your monkey for you.”

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 6:00am On Jul 19, 2014
drumstick:
I don't fear death bro unlike you. I believe in one true creator(Allah), I believe in all the prophets, I believe in heaven and hell fire. But you believe in three gods, you worship idols, you are dirty and filthy, uptil this day you dont even know how to clean your selfs. You pee without washing, you poo without washing, you never perform ablution, absolutely impure people. It is you and your family that will be like sodom and gomorrah because incest is in your bible, your pastors commit soddomyi , and it is you that is most likely going to die in a bomb blask when the Jihad comes to visit you

by their fruits we are knowing them.

you have just exposed it that you don't know God at all and that is reason why you can't differentiate from evil and good. You don't understand there is only one God. You don't know anything about His existence and work. That is reason why you can't differentiate between peace and disaster, evil spirit and God's Spirit, hope you don't understand the relationship between God and Moses. Hope you don't know God is Spirit. Man, people will give you a long rope to pull here and in the end you will run o and no where again to be found. They had better moved this topic to religion section so that many can be relieved of their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Rexyl(m): 6:03am On Jul 19, 2014
Ayomax:
who let the dog out?

ayobami or what? You can't afford to join multitude to do evil. you better stop follow follow in error!
Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by Ayomax(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2014
Rexyl:

ayobami or what? You can't afford to join multitude to do evil. you better stop follow follow in error!
who let another dog out?

1 Like

Re: Iraq Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death by born2lead01: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2014
With all these insane utterances and policies from the Muslim world some people still claim Islamic is a peaceful religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Leading contender in Akwa Ibom State 2015 governorship. (prof. Richard King) / Ten Successful Reforms Carried out by GEJ's Government with Video Proof / Ngige Failed Woefully In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.