Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) (284911 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by babestell(f): 7:27am On Jul 22, 2014
Swiftboy: Lol grin its another B.sc tryna compare with B.ENG lol smhso whats the point of finding and minning without refining? Thanks to we Engineers,resources would be wasting anyhow. Yeah geology is important no doubt but the engineers bring the best outa the industry.

Really!
You think a B.Eng is better than a B.Sc.
Ok na

I hope you get into the industry and see what actually plays out there. Your mindset will change
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Lol am already in the industry...Engineers works in every industry...construction,manufacturing,mining,aviation...etc while a scientist is only in the lab or field. grin
babestell:

Really!
You think a B.Eng is better than a B.Sc.
Ok na

I hope you get into the industry and see what actually plays out there. Your mindset will change
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by babestell(f): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Swiftboy: Lol am already in the industry...Engineers works in every industry...construction,manufacturing,mining,aviation...etc while a scientist is only in the lab or field. grin

Ok have heard

At all science graduates on this thread. Please there are a whole lot of opportunities for you in the Oil and Gas industry. Just come out with a very good grade and anything is possible. You can even go ahead and do a masters in engineering and behold you can do an engineers work. Its not by first degree but what exactly you end up doing.

Cheers
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2014
We all know you can study Language in Nigeria and work in the oil and gas now. Naija I hail you o
babestell:

Ok have heard

At all science graduates on this thread. Please there are a whole lot of opportunities for you in the Oil and Gas industry. Just come out with a very good grade and anything is possible. You can even go ahead and do a masters in engineering and behold you can do an engineers work. Its not by first degree but what exactly you end up doing.

Cheers
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by babestell(f): 7:50am On Jul 22, 2014
lipsrsealed
Swiftboy: We all know you can study Language in Nigeria and work in the oil and gas now. Naija I hail you o
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by 44chux(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2014
babestell:

Ok have heard

Cheers
Entry qualifications determine career path.
HND becomes an operator (spends his productive years on a distant field) running d machines
B.eng travels from field to field gathering info, diagnosing and troubleshooting anomalies and processes upsets, approving plans and designs, etc
B.sc ends up in the base office doing paperwork.
Itz very difficult to migrate from one to the other path
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by babestell(f): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2014
44chux:
Entry qualifications determine career path.
HND becomes an operator (spends his productive years on a distant field) running d machines
B.eng travels from field to field gathering info, diagnosing and troubleshooting anomalies and processes upsets, approving plans and designs, etc
B.sc ends up in the base office doing paperwork.
Itz very difficult to migrate from one to the other path

I studied maths and i work as an Engr. I can give you numerous examples of peeps like me in my industry. Its very doable
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Capableben(m): 8:38am On Jul 22, 2014
alentyno:
No am not. Am a student like you.
I will be one someday!
where do u school? and which of the branches of engineering do u study?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by cutiedave(m): 8:38am On Jul 22, 2014
babestell:

I studied maths and i work as an Engr. I can give you numerous examples of peeps like me in my industry. Its very doable
wow.am also studying maths.so it possible to work as an engineer

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by babestell(f): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2014
cutiedave: wow.am also studying maths.so it possible to work as an engineer

YES

It isn't easy because of the competition but it is very possible. The first step...come out with a first class or 2:1
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by cutiedave(m): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2014
babestell:

YES

It isn't easy because of the competition but it is very possible. The first step...come out with a first class or 2:1
hmm tanx alot.nd can i do my masters in any engineering field
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by babestell(f): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2014
Yes

Though some schools may require you to do a PGD or have work experience to cover up for the engineering courses you missed

cutiedave: hmm tanx alot.nd can i do my masters in any engineering field
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by donodion(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
hero10: somebody should answer this question pls

most times graduate from such courses are currently working with what should be known as Police Services, but in Naija known as Police Force.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by donodion(m): 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
ejihand1:
i mean you mentioned doctors,nurses and pharmacy and you didn't say anything about medical laboratory science. From your suggestions so far , you kept on giving biochemist and microbiologist a false hope that they will work in clinical laboratory. Your facts are not right at all.
actually biochemist and microbiologist are engaged for jobs at industrial sectors like plants where consumables are produced....but and also included..treatnent plants,recycle plants,bio-degradable products...oh less I forget...in far developed countries...biochemist,physists, are equally employed in the military services...."whisperng...those peeps that creates bombs and biological weapons". Ask the Iranian current presido.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by 44chux(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
babestell:

Which industry? Manufacturing maybe...
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Mblem(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
noordean: Mblem i tink w r on d same page here,lecturing till d end. even if it's a college of education i ll start with, i dnt mind. am a graduate of physics,oau.
noordean .... lol, what a coincidence, can we talk on private, .... graduate from physics too
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Mblem(m): 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Which money are you not after?
I m also a lecturer. But a part time one.
Why I didn't take up a full time is cos of their poor pay!
Now, I combine graphic works making with lecturing...
That's how I balance my account.
I pray you get to full time lecturing... am not a lecturer though but looking forward to become one 1day, bro there is no money in lecturing as claims its all depends on your package. cheers!!!!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Mblem(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
blackprowler:

May God bless you. Nigeria is in ruin today because our lives have become denominated in naira.
Amen ooo brother, I wonder if everybody aim @ all this multinationals who will train our children, once again am not after money .. cheers!!!!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by saleskara: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
seeking internship or business opportunity with a firm that is a partner to Cisco? the check http://www.royalctech.com/ and inquire about internship opportunity in networking and web graphic development
ejihand1:

i mean you mentioned doctors,nurses and pharmacy and you didn't say anything about medical laboratory science. From your suggestions so far , you kept on giving biochemist and microbiologist a false hope that they will work in clinical laboratory. Your facts are not right at all.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Ruuchiinaa: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please, what is the pay for Computer Scientists in Public sector or IOCs and those that studied courses like Hausa Language and Igbo Language?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mblem:
I pray you get to full time lecturing... am not a lecturer though but looking forward to become one 1day, bro there is no money in lecturing as claims its all depends on your package. cheers!!!!
I don't want full time.
My lifestyle is not used to sitting down at offices & waiting for salaries after 30 days.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by lomaxx: 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
opey25: nice response,I think most medical students and doctors on this forum are intimidated by the figures the op posted about d income of engineers in multinational companies.I think it is only in the federal civil service that doctors earn more than engineers.most engineers in private companies earn more than doctors in both public and private sector. .
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by gool(m): 11:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Geographic information system expert in d house ?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Plus10(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
alentyno:
No it stands for International Oil companies
Pls can you tell me more abt IPS,uniport...I intend studying Mud Engineering there.Thanks!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
Plus10:
Pls can you tell me more abt IPS,uniport...I intend studying Mud Engineering there.Thanks!
I doubt if they offer mud engineering. You can verify on their website tho.
The program however is 1-year intensive.
The new session is about to or have begun. So you need to make sure you are updating yourself so that you won't miss out by next year
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by sisiafrika(f): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Wow! Almost 60K views!!!! People too like money!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by sisiafrika(f): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
babestell:

I like u! U studied maths and not bitchy like most girls.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Kericoo(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
Please guys , among Microbiology And Brewing which one do I choose ?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by sisiafrika(f): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Skmoda:
Before a degree nurse can get a job he/she must av obtain that diploma in school of nursing cuz they don't really employ degree nurses cuz they don't get much practicals like in diploma schools.
stop posting trash. And are u skmoda360? The guy dat ran after medicine like kilode?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by sisiafrika(f): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
CHIKWA37: is Agricultural Engineers not among the best paid degree in Nigeria
smh! Ur poor, what nonsense is this?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by sisiafrika(f): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Titusolufemi: How about pharmaceutical technologist?
it is not accredited. It is an illegal course. U either study pharmacy in a uni or pharmacy techician course in a college of health tech, pharm technology in polytechnics is scam. Google it up and sEe what PCN and PSN has to say about it.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by 88natzy(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
Please fellow Nairalanders, I am a graduate of microbiology from one of the prestigious universities here in Nigeria, I am result oriented and can work under any condition.
I would like to get informations about job alerts, advice and constructive criticisms to my mails.
Iro18emma@yahoo.com or 88natzy@gmail.com
Also my BB pin is
75F6B2EB. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Human Resource Professionals: / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.