Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil (1033 Views)

Enough Been Said On (manufacturer Engine Oil)5w 20, 5w 30, 0w 40 ,10w 40, 5w 40 / Petrol Mixed With Kerosene! / Engine Oil To Use In 1996 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil by presidentpikin: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Please my good country people !!!! My car is avalon 99 model and no cheeck engine.The was not used for a week wiout out known issues with the engine,I tried to kick the car this morng and no response and a mecho man was contacted to checck. After a lot of cranking,we observed that petrol was mixed with the engine oil still no result. What could be the culprit and what can be done to rectfy the situation? Thank you
Re: Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
1mz-fe engine. What's the repair history on your car?
As you crank your engine, tiny amounts of fuel is sprayed from the injector into the combustion chamber so combustion can occur, the amount of fuel is very little cause its in spray form not enough to even wet your spark plugs.
For you to be able to detect trace amounts in your engine oil means one or more of your injectors is stuck open when cranking, this will cause your engine to freeze while trying to crank until you unscreew one or more of the spark plugs on the affected cylinder(s) to relive it of the excessive fuel.

This problem can be caused by a defective ecm(brainbox)

Don't try forcing the car to start once it freezes or risk damaging your engine.

1 Like

Re: Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
GAZZUZZ: 1mz-fe engine. What's the repair history on your car?
As you crank your engine, tiny amounts of fuel is sprayed from the injector into the combustion chamber so combustion can occur, the amount of fuel is very little cause its in spray form not enough to even wet your spark plugs.
For you to be able to detect trace amounts in your engine oil means one or more of your injectors is stuck open when cranking, this will cause your engine to freeze while trying to crank until you unscreew one or more of the spark plugs on the affected cylinder(s) to relive it of the excessive fuel.

This problem can only be caused by a defective ecm(brainbox)

Don't try forcing the car to start once it freezes or risk damaging your engine.

Can also be caused by a faulty injector with bad seals.

OP, if this were my car.

1) I would use my air compressor to blow the vapors out of the combustion chamber.
2) Drain oil and replace with fresh oil and filter.
3) Attempt to start the engine.

If it starts then I would keep an eye on the condition while I try to find a reputable place to rebuild my injectors or buy new ones.
Re: Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thanks cityng for reminding me I edited it a split second b4 you quoted me.

1 Like

Re: Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Thanks cityng for reminding me I edited it a split second b4 you quoted me.

No worries mate, we're all together on this.
Re: Discover That Oil Mixed With Engine Oil by sultaan(m): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
There is a check engine light you just can't see it you have.

Have mechanic change all plugs the check the ones that are wet those cylinders are where the problem is it might be the. Coils or wires but that is a bad misfire

(1) (Reply)

1999 Chevrolet Venture Fuel Consumption High And Power Steering Leakage. / Honda Owners MUST Learn From This Daily Shoki Dance Embarassment. / Radiator Coolant For Peugeot 406

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.