Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 PM

Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' (2519 Views)

Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist / Today I, Whobethisman, Take A Stand Against Tribalism On NAIRALAND / Muslim And Christian Girls Stand-against Violence In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by vicadex07(m): 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
A LIB reader shares his story...
This happened around Idimu-Egbeda, Lagos. I was on my way back home this morning when I saw a pack of okada men dragging some people out of a car in front of me, two men and a woman. I was in my car watching, thinking they must have actually bashed an okada man, as it was the norm in Lagos state, where an offense against a bike man is an offense against all the bike men in like 5 communities, they would pack you down and start harassing you.

So I thought at first, until they started beating them with woods and sticks, kicking them from all directions, while some where destroying their car.
I had to come down at this point after carefully packing my car at a safe spot. I managed to part the crowd, asking what happened, The shout of 'they are kidnappers' rented the air, so I managed to go into the crowd which was swelling by the minute to take pix of them. Continue...

After this, I asked an okada man what happened and how he knew they were kidnappers, he managed to say that he just saw his fellow okada men running after them, shouting "gbomo- gbomo" (Kidnappers) and he joined the crowd.
Asking around, no one seemed to know the true story, by now the crowd had gotten to close to 800 people, men, women, boys, girls, even school children, all struggling to get a glimpse, everyone in small clusters, gossiping and discussing, while some were seriously doing the beating.

At this point, sensing their anger to burn them soon, I sped with my car to the Police station on a road, as rough as "climbing Olumo rock in Abeokuta, Ogun State". I got to the station and made a quick report. (Must acknowledge the quick response of the force at this point). They jump and filled two hilux pick-ups, and followed me back to the scene.

On sighting the crowd, their gun shot rented the Air. I had parked at a safe distance, because I didn't want to experience stray bullet. They were able to disperse the crowd in time to rescue the Victims, Two men and a woman. At my safe distance, I could still hear people talking about how the police would end up freeing them, and that, they should have been burnt to serve as lessons for others with bad intentions.

By now, different stories of what they did had emerged and none was similar to the other. Some were like....they snatched a woman whom was coming out of the bank with N200,000, drove her a mile, then threw her out of the moving vehicle, Others were like....they kidnapped 3 children, then the mother raised an alarm, and a hot pursuit ensued. The third didn't even add up at all.....can't even bother myself typing that.

The good thing is I let the Nigerian Police force do their work.

lindaikeji..com/2014/07/photos-how-i-managed-to-stand-against.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Danhumprey: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jungle justice! Man inhumanity to man. Are we living in the Stone Age?cry

2 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Gclan(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
This man deserve a National award for bravery

6 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by vicadex07(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bloody murderers...the funny thing is that those people might even be innocent. Animals in human skin angry

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Forzap: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
So wetin make we do undecided
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by LillyAnne(f): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Funny thing is, the people doing the beating and wanting to burn are the actual robbers and kidnappers.

I wonder what good jungle justice does. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by oduastates: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
That okada is an association of lazy ,psychologically and educationally challenged retardz.
Instead of staying on their farms ,they run away from the hardwork to constitute a nuisance in the city.
How a society can tolerate these slowpoke is beyond me .when Fashola banned these assholez , the likes of odumakin were all making all sorts of silly ,clueless and opportunistic noises.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by bruno419(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
brave
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by valmunich(m): 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Who pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise?? grin sad

3 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Mutuwa(m): 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Its only the almighty that can recompense your bravery.Innocent ppl have fallen susceptible to jungle justice ( thought am not saying this group are) but the procedure is dt let the police do their work at least. But the mindset of d masses is that the cops compromise and that is why trial by ordeals like this are rampant.

*continues boiling ostrich egg*

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by macpetrus(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bravery....
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Tallesty1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
LillyAnne: Funny thing is, the people doing the beating and wanting to burn are the actual robbers and kidnappers.

I wonder what good jungle justice does. undecided
That is why stealing is very risky because politicians and thieves hate competition.
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Sophisticated savagery...
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by doctokwus: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Danhumprey: Jungle justice! Man inhumanity to man. Are we living in the Stone Age?cry
My brother,millions of nigerians,even those who claim educated with cerificates to back it up,av just refused to leave d stone age.D bitter truth is dat many nigerians and millions of other black pple,no matter where dey reside,are still cavemen and woman @heart.

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
This is Pure Evil! Violence doesn't solve anything.
#Man is it's own biggest enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Forzap: So wetin make we do undecided
Spread the word - Educate your family and community - Tell them Jungle Justice Is Babaric and Evil!

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by okotv(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
in my little time on earth...i have learnt to hate anyone at all who hits back when provoked...and the military made me learn that the less you hit the m
ore respect you earn.....jungle justice even happens in large or polygamous households
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Rikidony(m): 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
A nation wre the police is not trusted leads to Jungle justice
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by hummerwise(m): 12:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by hummerwise(m): 12:16am On Jul 19, 2014
How I wish this cud be done to those corrupt politicians,

Politicians getting richer and fatter through stealing of tax payer's money still no jungle justice for them,

But the common man beating up and killing each other all becos of hear-say and the politicians are there laughing and enjoying every bit of it

#its now beginning
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 19, 2014
valmunich: Who pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise?? grin sad

go go on worldstarhiphop to steal comment and come post it here abi?
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by fr3do(m): 2:10am On Jul 19, 2014
doctokwus:
My brother,millions of nigerians,even those who claim educated with cerificates to back it up,av just refused to leave d stone age.D bitter truth is dat many nigerians and millions of other black pple,no matter where dey reside,are still cavemen and woman @heart.

You are the cavemen!
Speak for yourself!
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Jakumo(m): 5:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Vicadex07 you are a good man with a strong conscience that guides your actions, and your reporting that attempted murder by a bunch of hysterical, brain-dead savages prevented that situation from progressing towards its logical conclusion of ugly death on a public street. You did the RIGHT thing by secretly summoning the police to restore sanity. I for one look forward to the day when mob killers in Nigeria are summarily rounded up and remanded in police custody pending criminal trial, as violent offenders who pose an immediate danger to civil order and human life

Yes sir indeed, Vicadex, you saved the life of somebody's mother, daughter, sister or aunt, and whether that person MIGHT BE a petty criminal or not is simply irrelevant, since culpable guilt and innocence are matters to be adjudicated in the court of law, and not on the streets by a horde of blood-thirsty lunatics.

Vicadex07, people like yourself, who have maintained their sense of compassion and humanity while living in Nigeria, a nation in which it is so easy to become just another mindless mob murderer, is highly commendable. The point in time at which civilized decent human beings like yourself outnumber senseless and murderous apes, is the moment at which Nigeria will OFFICIALLY join the comity of cultured, sane nations.

Thank you once again sir, and may your wise and cautious steps guide you towards great success and contentment in life. My hat is off to you.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Gclan: This man deserve a National award for bravery
ok, the man deserves a national award: that is true...
But the 'bravery' part confuses me...
I didn't read a part where he jumped in to stop the crowd by trying to calm them.

The OP is sure a wise man, he knws any form of bravery might take his life too.
I biliv u jumped the line where he had to park his car at a long distance to avoid stray bullets...

grin dude knws he gotta live to fight another day grin
We need more of ur Sir..
It is well
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 19, 2014
You saved lives of people who does not even know who did and might never know! this is the most rewarding generous act in the sight of God and you are going to be rewarded in a way you never even thought of! (If i am God and you like women, I would have gladly given you 200 virgins and the strength to go round them grin, na joke o!)
But few of those trying to kill should have been apprehended by the police and charged to court for attempted murder!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by bitterpenis(m): 5:54am On Jul 19, 2014
Good deed.... to say person try stop the mob from lynching, the person for be victim of lynching too....but what would have happened to them if the police station was far off or there was traffic gridlock? definitely roasted alive
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by spillyboy14: 7:07am On Jul 19, 2014
all the best for you oooo op
[tennaira..com]
Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by seunlayi(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2014
[size=18pt]JUNGLE JUSTICE SHOULD BE DISCOURAGE [/size]

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2014
fr3do:

You are the cavemen!
Speak for yourself!

Calm down and read well before posting. He didn't say all Nigerians .

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: ok, the man deserves a national award: that is true...
But the 'bravery' part confuses me...
I didn't read a part where he jumped in to stop the crowd by trying to calm them.

The OP is sure a wise man, he knws any form of bravery might take his life too.
I biliv u jumped the line where he had to park his car at a long distance to avoid stray bullets...

grin dude knws he gotta live to fight another day grin
We need more of ur Sir..
It is well

Bravery doesn't mean you have to be irrational. He knew that trying to calm the crowd might even make it turn against him. He did the best and the bravest thing under the circumstance. Most Nigerians would have just passed by but he called for help and saved three people.

1 Like

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by doctokwus: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
hifaif:

Calm down and read well before posting. He didn't say all Nigerians .
U even have time to reply d fool.Did u see any response from me to him?Don't b surprised to know he may have been in dat crowd of murderous scoundrels who only need a shout of "kidnapper" to kill.
Next time save urself d stress and save ur mb because replyin pple like dat only drags u down to their league of 'error births'.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' by oldenglish: 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
oduastates: That okada is an association of lazy ,psychologically and educationally challenged retardz.
Instead of staying on their farms ,they run away from the hardwork to constitute a nuisance in the city.
How a society can tolerate these slowpoke is beyond me .when Fashola banned these assholez , the likes of odumakin were all making all sorts of silly ,clueless and opportunistic noises.
he should have banned them in his first term nothing after he must have used them to win second term.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC States Awash In Debt, 15 APC States Owe More Than 19 PDP +APGA & LP States. / Video Shows Bauchi Youths Destroying Jonathan Bilboard Today. (WATCH) / "There Will Be Bloodshed If 2015 Elections Are Rigged" - Buhari!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.